Review: El Texano Mexican Restaurant

Posted in the Hiram Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of77
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sheboygan

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I like the quality of their food, and the variety of their menu. And I want any establishment in downtown Dville to succeed. But they really need a pouring license.People are not going to frequent a Mexican restaurant for dinner if they can't get a Dos Equis or margarita.
observer from a distance

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 4, 2012
 
Sheboygan wrote:
I like the quality of their food, and the variety of their menu. And I want any establishment in downtown Dville to succeed. But they really need a pouring license.People are not going to frequent a Mexican restaurant for dinner if they can't get a Dos Equis or margarita.
They have a pouring license.
I watched the city council meeting where they were approved.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

observer from a distance wrote:
<quoted text>
They have a pouring license.
I watched the city council meeting where they were approved.
Did you watch from a distance or up close???
dr zues

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 4, 2012
 
is this where the sushi place was on Church st?
Lili

Bethlehem, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 21, 2012
 
Place looks a bit unimpresive but the food is great and i used to work for a mexican restaurant bc i liked the food there this place tates just as good definitely recommend it!!
Customer

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 21, 2012
 
I eat here last week and I M O It is the best in D'ville. Large portions, they take competitor coupons, and have a positve attitude and much more. Just go in knowing theat they are NEW. The owner is young but he is a former Monterrey Mex restaurant employee and a nice guy.

Now go and enjoy.

Wait a minute

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Customer wrote:
I eat here last week and I M O It is the best in D'ville. Large portions, they take competitor coupons, and have a positve attitude and much more. Just go in knowing theat they are NEW. The owner is young but he is a former Monterrey Mex restaurant employee and a nice guy.
Now go and enjoy.
Don't tell what to do. Are you the goverment?
loyal customer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 23, 2012
 
Love this restaurant I went in on Monday for dinner. I was a bit hesitant because it was empty. BUT GLAD I stayed! Margaritas were on point, their guacamole is to die for! Like y'all said the owner is very nice and even tho the restaurant is new they are already competing with the top guns!!!!!

Since: Oct 11

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 24, 2012
 
Made our second visit to The Texan last night (monday) and enjoyed a superb Mexican meal. The pitcher of margarita is to die for! If you haven't been yet you're missing a great south of the border experience!...
Amigo

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

I like just about all of the dining places in Douglasville but have reservations of late. I am perplexed at adults who bring their screaming rug rats to eat and practice absolutely no discipline. Folks, its called a ass whipping just one time. The same thing goes for those adults who bing their screaming brats to WalMart and let them scream to the top of their voice. Those kids are obviously mentally ill along with their parents. I've travelled across the US and in particularly, the mid-west. You simply don't see such ugly behavoir and the parents have the descency to take their unruly children outside for a little one on one. Those midwest folks have character and integrity.
Tejano

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 24, 2012
 
What is a Texano? LOL
POLEMICS

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Amigo wrote:
I like just about all of the dining places in Douglasville but have reservations of late. I am perplexed at adults who bring their screaming rug rats to eat and practice absolutely no discipline. Folks, its called a ass whipping just one time. The same thing goes for those adults who bing their screaming brats to WalMart and let them scream to the top of their voice. Those kids are obviously mentally ill along with their parents. I've travelled across the US and in particularly, the mid-west. You simply don't see such ugly behavoir and the parents have the descency to take their unruly children outside for a little one on one. Those midwest folks have character and integrity.
Curmudgeon!
loyal customer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 24, 2012
 
How does this fall into a review for the restaurant in topic?
Amigo wrote:
I like just about all of the dining places in Douglasville but have reservations of late. I am perplexed at adults who bring their screaming rug rats to eat and practice absolutely no discipline. Folks, its called a ass whipping just one time. The same thing goes for those adults who bing their screaming brats to WalMart and let them scream to the top of their voice. Those kids are obviously mentally ill along with their parents. I've travelled across the US and in particularly, the mid-west. You simply don't see such ugly behavoir and the parents have the descency to take their unruly children outside for a little one on one. Those midwest folks have character and integrity.
loyal customer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 24, 2012
 
Yummy wrote:
My Dog serves up large portions too.
Real mature

Since: Oct 11

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 25, 2012
 
Tejano wrote:
What is a Texano? LOL
El Texano=The Texan....
Confused

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 27, 2012
 
Have eaten there a couple times (walked out the first time when they didn't have their pouring license - mexican food must come with margaritas!). Food is good and closer to authentic mexican than Monterrey. Owner is a nice guy who genuinely wants his customers happy. We will return frequently and encourage others to try it.
yup

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 27, 2012
 
Ate there for lunch had a 27oz Texas Margarita on the rocks, believe me when I tell you that they have the best margaritas in town!! And "confused " is correct management really wants to please there customers!!!
hello

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 30, 2012
 
It was great!
POLEMICS

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jul 31, 2012
 
Donít do Margaritas so wouldnít know about that. Certainly our waiter had a good attitude and was trying to please. The portion was generous but the quality of the food was a 6. Iíll go back and try something different because maybe I picked the wrong thing but I have had a lot better at 4 different Douglasville locations.
bored monitor

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jul 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

POLEMICS wrote:
Donít do Margaritas so wouldnít know about that. Certainly our waiter had a good attitude and was trying to please. The portion was generous but the quality of the food was a 6. Iíll go back and try something different because maybe I picked the wrong thing but I have had a lot better at 4 different Douglasville locations.
Surprising. Ur posts would make someone think ur drunk when u post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of77
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hiram Discussions

Search the Hiram Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pennsylvania school stabbing, 4 min Conchilla 30
Christian metal reaching out, touching new souls (Apr '07) 8 min Conchilla 5
Douglas School System 23 min Raymond 2
best survey sites to earn extra money 43 min Stay at home mom 1
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr Hobo Hunnicutt 39,414
Hey Bud 7 hr Conchilla 80
Students Pepper Spray Dozens of Classmates, For... 16 hr Dville Man 3
•••
•••

Hiram News Video

•••
•••

Hiram Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hiram People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••