JSO

West Bridgewater, MA

#205 Mar 21, 2011
Reinstating post
Friend of JSO

West Bridgewater, MA

#206 Apr 18, 2011
Have you heard the new talk radio show about court and mediation?

Shows are posted at sbkmediation . com
Click on news and media.

Free information direct from a retired family court Judge, MA super lawyers and mediators.

Learn about how you can avoid, or at least reduce, time delays, stress, unpredictable court decisions.
Show is called Judgment Day and broadcasts from WATD 95.9 FM Marshfield.
been there

Duxbury, MA

#207 May 21, 2011
Hello,
This situation doesn't have anything to do with children/family issues but I had Judge Livingstone in probate court and he didn't take the time to read my complaint against Attorney William Ohrenberger of Scituate regarding excessive fees charged to my father's estate. In short, my father was of unsound mind and had dementia. My sister and Attorney Ohrenberger conspired to re-write the Will, Mr. Ohrenberger inserted himself as co-executor and my sister co-executrix without my knowlege (and I was originally excutor of the estate and Atty. Ohrenberger not even in the picture). My father was not aware of what he was signing and was the victim of undue influence. Not until my father's death did I find out what they had done. Atty. Ohrenberger raped my father's estate of close to $100,000 and so I went to court and had Judge Livingstone. I believe if the Judge had looked over the medical records and took the time to read my case thoroughly, I would have won, but no.......Judge Livingstone's case load was heavy and he just pushed us through the court and let Atty. Ohrenberger try to walk away with my inheritance. We kept fighting and the only good thing to come out of our three year fight is a "Motion for Clarification of Order" that Judge Livingstone admits that Atty. Ohrenberger charged excessive fees or $42,000 which he had to put back in the estate. If an attorney has to be told to put back money, how can you trust him. I am glad Judge Livingstone is paying for his wrongdoings. I am wondering if I have any recourse in my case to have it reviewed by another judicial judge??? We have found out the BBO (Board of Bar Overseers) is useless. Their answer was "well, you got it back, didn't you?" That wasn't the point. He shouldn't have taken it in the first place. Thank you.
JSO

West Bridgewater, MA

#208 Jul 2, 2011
Do you know taxpayers - you and me - pay a pension to the disgraced Judge?

AND damage to families, by virtue of his rulings, continues to grow.

Judge L. gets a pension after only 5 years on the bench, the career achievement of being the most appealed Justice in the Commonwealth, and resigning under pressure of misconduct charges.

Here's a story of just one person who's lost all their retirement & savings because Judge L. would not allow relocation to about 90 minutes drive from the other parent's work place...and the story isn't over.

Why was this parent request denied? Nobody really knows. What biases were most prevalent - gender? No, this Judge was not known to be swayed by gender.

More likely money bias.

In 2006 this parent had a job offer, could have sold house at market peak, and would have had support of nearby family in public school suited to child's needs, offered to accommodate expanded parenting time for Dad. The catch? Job and new location just over the border in another state - 90 minutes from Dad workplace.

Why was this opportunity denied? Inadequate court process; no mandated ADR or mediation?

Accomplished professional Dad had money to buy influence. Paid an overzealous attorney skilled at character bashing of Mom and intimidation of the weaker attorney.

Result: Mom request denied. Job opportunity denied. Mom ordered to not move further than 30 minutes from Dad house which was already a 20 minute drive. She couldn't move; held hostage in the Commonwealth, by a court order, in a home she could not afford a school system not suited to their child’s needs.

Mom now relegated to part-time menial office work at low wage. Judge L. told her to refinance house and take out a HELOC too.

Child denied ability to grow up with support of family nearby. Denied participation in family events and holidays.

Mom tried to appeal but learned the system would take at least 2 years and at least $20,000. But the good news was that this Judge's ruling would likely be thrown out so every attorney she spoke with wanted the case.

So what? She didn't have $20,000. and she'd just been denied the best job opportunity of her life.

Where are they today?
It took Mom 5 years to find a way to move with child to the originally requested location. Mom still does low wage part-time work. Mom and child now have support of family and are establishing themselves in a kinder, healthier environment - the other state. Mom debt will not likely ever go away.

Dad continues to thrive and grow wealthy. Dad just filed court action to reduce support to Mom.

Why? Because he can.

It doesn't matter if the new Judge makes a change or not - Dad will cost Mom time. Dad will force Mom to incur more debt hiring an attorney.

I’ve seen both financial statements.

Dad is sitting on a cool million that grows at over $2kper month; has a good job, almost no debt, remarried, is generally thriving, leading a full life and doing well– on the surface.

Mom has no assets. She rented out her MA home (can't sell) but does not generate enough revenue for the home to pay for itself. She worked 4 part-time jobs in 2010; is down to 2 in 2011.

Do you see what's happening folks? It's all about dominance and control - and our legal system is designed to dominate and control.

The charges against Judge L were based on his inability to manage his own needs for dominance and control.

He could not be satisfied: enough was not enough.

Judge L. won; gets pension and control.

This Dad is winning; thriving and controlling.

Mom struggles sometimes day to day. But that's not enough control and dominance for Dad.

This Dad and Judge L. would make good friends and that’s why I continue this post.

There's a fault in our culture that we support and allow, by turning a blind eye to these injustices on the bench.

It's time to stop. Educate yourself about alternatives to court: ADR, collaborative law and mediation.

Don't let this happen to more families.
JSO

West Bridgewater, MA

#209 Jul 2, 2011
Do you know taxpayers - you and me - pay a pension to the disgraced Judge?

AND damage to families, by virtue of his rulings, continues to grow.

Judge L. gets a pension after only 5 years on the bench, the career achievement of being the most appealed Justice in the Commonwealth, and resigning under pressure of misconduct charges.

Here's a story of just one person who's lost all their retirement & savings because Judge L. would not allow relocation to about 90 minutes drive from the other parent's work place...and the story isn't over.

Why was this parent request denied? Nobody really knows. What biases were most prevalent - gender? No, this Judge was not known to be swayed by gender.

More likely money bias.

In 2006 this parent had a job offer, could have sold house at market peak, and would have had support of nearby family in public school suited to child's needs, offered to accommodate expanded parenting time for Dad. The catch? Job and new location just over the border in another state - 90 minutes from Dad workplace.

Why was this opportunity denied? Inadequate court process; no mandated ADR or mediation?

Accomplished professional Dad had money to buy influence. Paid an overzealous attorney skilled at character bashing of Mom and intimidation of the weaker attorney.

Result: Mom request denied. Job opportunity denied. Mom ordered to not move further than 30 minutes from Dad house which was already a 20 minute drive. She couldn't move; held hostage in the Commonwealth, by a court order, in a home she could not afford a school system not suited to their child’s needs.

Mom now relegated to part-time menial office work at low wage. Judge L. told her to refinance house and take out a HELOC too.

Child denied ability to grow up with support of family nearby. Denied participation in family events and holidays.

Mom tried to appeal but learned the system would take at least 2 years and at least $20,000. But the good news was that this Judge's ruling would likely be thrown out so every attorney she spoke with wanted the case.

So what? She didn't have $20,000. and she'd just been denied the best job opportunity of her life.

Where are they today?
It took Mom 5 years to find a way to move with child to the originally requested location. Mom still does low wage part-time work. Mom and child now have support of family and are establishing themselves in a kinder, healthier environment - the other state. Mom debt will not likely ever go away.

Dad continues to thrive and grow wealthy. Dad just filed court action to reduce support to Mom.

Why? Because he can.

It doesn't matter if the new Judge makes a change or not - Dad will cost Mom time. Dad will force Mom to incur more debt hiring an attorney.

I’ve seen both financial statements.

Dad is sitting on a cool million that grows at over $2kper month; has a good job, almost no debt, remarried, is generally thriving, leading a full life and doing well– on the surface.

Mom has no assets. She rented out her MA home (can't sell) but does not generate enough revenue for the home to pay for itself. She worked 4 part-time jobs in 2010; is down to 2 in 2011.

Do you see what's happening folks? It's all about dominance and control - and our legal system is designed to dominate and control.

The charges against Judge L were based on his inability to manage his own needs for dominance and control.

He could not be satisfied: enough was not enough.

Judge L. won; gets pension and control.

This Dad is winning; thriving and controlling.

Mom struggles sometimes day to day. But that's not enough control and dominance for Dad.

This Dad and Judge L. would make good friends and that’s why I continue this post.

There's a fault in our culture that we support and allow, by turning a blind eye to these injustices on the bench.

Educate yourself about alternatives to court: ADR, collaborative law and mediation.

Don't let this happen to more families.
Scandorra

Sandwich, MA

#210 Aug 23, 2011
All the money in the world would not repay the damage wrought on families by people who use the legal system to abuse and the abusive legal system that makes it a requirement to go there when divorcing and is all about taking your money. My family would have been fine today. This is how abusive the system is: Garnishes you without checking the facts first, destroying your livelihood, and you to the poont where you can be making 100k a year (a good job!) and your out on a medical having a surgery and your monthly net take home is $325. They do this to people who are sick. This is attempted murder, perpetrated and executed by the legal system and the MA DOR (executioners). How does one defend oneself from a legal system like this? I'm just shining a light on the Barnstable Complex and the mooncussers who hate to be found out.
Unknown

Centerville, MA

#211 Sep 23, 2011
outraged wrote:
<quoted text>
yes ---HE SENT TWO LITTLE TWIN 4 YEAR OLD GIRLS TO LIVE WITH A MOTHER IN TEXAS ,WHO DESERTED THEM IN NOVEMBER OF 2008 ---THE FATHER WAS LEFT WITH THESE TWO LITLE GIRLS FOR 5 MONTHS --THEY HAVE NEVER LIVED ANYWHERE ELSE ---GREAT FATHER, GREAT PATERNAL GRANDMOTHER AND SENT THEM TO THE GETTO IN TEXAS TO LIVE WITH THE MOTHER, HER NEW HUSBAND AND THEIR NEW BABY ----HE UPROOTED EVERYTHING THEY HAVE EVER KNOWN -------THEY HAD A PERFECT LIFE HERE AND .---SCHOOL ,FRIENDS, FFAMILY --WHAT KIND OF A JUDGE GOES AGAINST THE GUARDIAN AT LITAM ?? HE NEVER EVEN INVESTICATED THEIR LIVING ARRANGEMENTS DOWN THERE OR THE NEW HUSBAND !!!!!!!!
YES-He is completely biased against woman. He also went against the guardian at litem's suggestions in my case. It is a huge injustice and disgusts me to no end. I'm not sure how he sleeps at night, or maybe he doesn't and that's why his thinking is so screwed up. He really shouldn't be a judge. I find it awful that such a man gets paid to destroy lives. all around disgusting!
JSO

Cumberland Center, ME

#212 Dec 12, 2011
Dear Unknown in Centerville.

FYI

Livingstone is no longer a Judge.

He resigned in 2008 under the pressure of misconduct charges filed by his former business partner.

He resigned, yet, through the miracles of an unjust system (probably under the guise of protecting the publics faith in the system) he is listed as 'retired' and the taxpayers pay him.

He can work, and he gets retirement income from us. Ouch!
JSO

Augusta, ME

#213 Mar 9, 2012
Judge Livingstone in the news again - one more investigation. Check it out at:
http://m.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...
tired of wards favoritism

Boston, MA

#214 Mar 12, 2012
Fed UP wrote:
<quoted text> Ward is obviously practicing as a judge because she is too incompetent to earn a living as an attorney. Is there a way to get her out of office? Is she appointed or elected? How do we file a complaint about her? It's judges like her who give a bad name to our "justice" system
Judge Ward is truly the most incompetent judge in Bristol County and a woman/mother hater. She continually denies motions against the xhusband pertaining to temporary orders that she set. She doesnt enforce child support/educational costs and only empowers the man who abandon his children for another family.
tired of wards favoritism

Boston, MA

#215 Mar 12, 2012
Judge ward in Bristol Cnty is the most incompetant and non caring judge in this commonwealth. She allows deadbeat dads to do what they want - assigns ridiculous child support decisions - does not enforce visitation/child support/ed costs...all of which are temp orders that she ordered. her famous words: Figure this out yurselves!
Richiejay

Plymouth, MA

#216 Apr 21, 2012
I need help. Going in front of Judge Sabaitis for the past 2 years and can't win ONE thing in my (really my kids) favor.

Soon to be ex is a Juvenile Court Employee with a Phd.

Guideline child support ordered based on her part time income.(she quit 2 jobs before going to court...said she only made 50K...down from 80k),

In addition, I was ordereed to pay half of children's (8 and 6 yo) private education. This is an additional 9k per year. I also have custody of a teenager whom this affected greatly.

Ex allowed to stay in marital home by refused to pay mortgage on home (mortgage only in my name because of her bad credit). Now my credit ruined while she lived rent free for nearly 2 years.

Asked to have private education costs reduced or eliminated because oldest child going to college...DENIED

Asked to have right of first refusal because ex leaving kids with friends and family members while she left town...DENIED.

There are more details. If anyone can help...email me at rpjohnson4@hotmail.com

Thank you
Judged

Somerset, MA

#217 May 20, 2012
Biased Judge wrote:
I had to go before her, she is truly truly ignorant...she does not look at the case and makes decisions off the top of her head, she needs to step down, they all do. <quoted text>
I totally agree with this Judges incompeticy, how di she get to be a Judge anyway. I am referring to Judge Virginia Ward.
abused

Beverly, MA

#218 Jun 4, 2012
go to barnstable probate court if you have not been abused enough..........you will sure be abused more. 2012
Jane Smith Org

Falmouth, ME

#219 Jun 24, 2012
Check out this new blog compiling experiences from our MA Family Court System.

http://mass-dv-abuse.blogspot.com/2011/06/mis...

Here is my response to the blog - keep it going!!

Thank you for beginning what I hope will become a large library of resources, examples, stories, suggestions.

Why large?

Large gets attention. Individually these examples, stories, cries for action are perceived as exceptions to the norm, as not relevant to the population generally. In fact, tragedy occurs in our family courts daily, multiple times daily.

The cost of these tragic outcomes impacts all of us, our tax dollars pay for courts, staff, public services. When families are not able to manage they reluctantly, but eventually, reach out to civic/community/religious organizations who stretch to raise funds.

Here’s another story from this week.....A woman recently began receiving food stamps while waiting for her court date which is now almost 2 years since filing. Meetings with the other side keep getting post-poned,“ex” lives comfortably, works, has support from wealthy extended family.

This woman receives $96.00 a week for food stamps - to feed 3 people in wealth So. Shore town she can’t afford to move from, or stay in.“Ex” doesn’t have to pay any child support until there is a court order ------it’s been nearly 2 years. House is beginning to fall apart, maintenance just can’t be kept up. Mortgage falling behind, no vacations, no extras, sheets have holes in them, washing machine just broke.

It is common practice for overzealous attorneys, often at the request of their angry clients, to starve out the parent with less income, fewer resources generally, yet who is shouldering the bulk of the responsibility for parenting, home maintenance etc.

Look at it another way - our legal system supports bullying in a big way - it’s common practice, traditional old-school law.

Our MA family court system is too slow, inequitable, still based largely on outdated, archaic stereotypes consistently used by overzealous attorneys who excel at character assassination under the guise of “problem solving”. These practices place Judges in the position of too often making decisions based on inaccurate, inappropriate character misrepresentation.

Please know there are many truly fabulous, skilled, experienced attorneys who truly advocate for their clients and work towards helping them resolve their needs around the divorce process and restructuring of the family. You don’t see these attorneys in court very often..... except for the formal approval of agreements and filing forms.

Where are the good attorneys? Good is a relative term. Good to some may mean a Bull Dog, overzealous, beat ‘em up style. Or, it may mean a true problem solver. True problem solver attorneys are engaging in Collaborative Law, encouraging clients to Mediate (with the assistance of the attorney as guide)

I hope you keep this blog going.

Best always,
JSO
Jane Smith Org

Falmouth, ME

#220 Jun 24, 2012
Here's another article about the disgraced Judge Michael J. Livingstone.

Forced to resining from the bench in 2008, under investigation for other matters in 2011 and now 2012.

Eventually his resignation lead to the SJC recording his departure from the bench as "retirement" which we all pay for. Really? How can this happen? What can we do about it?

http://estateplanningwill.com/state-orders-re...
JSO

Falmouth, ME

#221 Jul 13, 2012
Excerpts from South Coast Today.com

State orders review of Hodgson document
By Steve Urbon
surbon@s-t.com
February 29, 2012

DARTMOUTH — Secretary of State William Galvin's office is demanding to inspect documents that pertain to the internal investigation of a disgraced former judge in the Bristol County Sheriff's Department last year.

.......skipping the details of the article........ article closes with the folowing:

Livingstone was driven from the bench in April 2008 amid allegations that he:

- Made a false statement in an affidavit about his involvement with the group High Low Properties.
- Threatened a tenant with an illegal utility shutoff.
- Ran a commercial property at 261 Union St. in New Bedford that houses tenants who practice law in the Probate and Family Court.
- Failed to report that he was receiving law fees from another lawyer who took over his clients after he became judge in 2002.

Hodgson has said he had no qualms about hiring Livingstone. Late last year after Livingstone's resignation, Hodgson told The Standard-Times: "He did a fabulous job for us. He did a really great job. He was very, very efficient.

"Things happen and he's resigned. Questions of judgment can happen to anybody, I suppose."
End of article.

JSO comment
Mr. Hodgson, along with most others, have no idea how Mr. Livingstone's personal bias, not only ruled his innappropriate business dealings but also, flooded our family courts to the detriment and life-long harm of far too many families.

Judges stick together. Since Livingstone got away with rampant bias onthe bench, others will too - and they do.

The way to quell the bias is to keep awareness high, engage in rational discussion, share stories and ideas for how to make positive changes in our family court culture. And work on "old school, bull dog type" attorneys to see the benefits of collaboration, cooperation, ADR in divorce and family matters.

Share your experiences and suggestions. With respect, we are not interested in your anger and bitterness; use this forum to rationally influence change.
JSO

Falmouth, ME

#222 Aug 5, 2012
Great news! Ever wish you could influence how child support is determined?

Heres' an opportunity for you to be heard and genuinely make a difference in MA Child Suppot Guidelines. The Following is text pasted from a MA attorney's blog dated 8/3/2012.

"The Massachusetts Trial Court Child Support Guidelines Task Force is seeking public comment and suggestions concerning the Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines.

Written comments may be submitted to the Task Force at email address:
childsupport@jud.state.ma.us

or by U.S. Postal Service to: Administrative Office of the Trial Court Child Support Guidelines Task Force
Two Center Plaza Boston, MA 02108

The Task Force will also hold five public forums where written statements may be delivered and brief oral statements may be made.

Due to the expected turnout, testimony shall be limited to three minutes. Oral testimony is not necessary because written and oral comments will be considered equally. The public forums will be held as follows:
&#65532;Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Lawrence
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Boston
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Worcester
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Springfield
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Plymouth
4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Fenton Judicial Center, 2 Appleton Street
4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Edward Brooke Courthouse, 24 New Chardon St.
4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Worcester Courthouse, 225 Main Street
4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Springfield Hall of Justice, 50 State Street
4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. PlymouthCourthouse, 52OberyStreet

The deadline for submission of all comments is September 30, 2012. If specific changes to the Guidelines are suggested, specific sections to be changed should be referenced, new language proposed, and reasons for the proposed change included.

A giant step in the right direction! Take some time over the next few weeks to think about what could/shoud be better about child support in MA.

If you'd like to brainstorm publicly, please share your comments here or start another blog and tell us about it. THANK YOU! Your participation matters.
El Kirk

Falmouth, ME

#223 Oct 6, 2012
Results?
lucy

New Bedford, MA

#224 Oct 26, 2012
Fed UP wrote:
<quoted text> Ward is obviously practicing as a judge because she is too incompetent to earn a living as an attorney. Is there a way to get her out of office? Is she appointed or elected? How do we file a complaint about her? It's judges like her who give a bad name to our "justice" system
I just lost my 4 year old in the Bristol county.Judge Ward has a huge promblem. She had my case for 2 years. I had custody of my son for all his young life and lost it all sole and physical to no evidence and no law. She simply did not like me. My ex and his attorney were more convincing with their lies. She should be removed from destroying childrens lives. How can we get together to fight legally. I am waiting for an appeals to save my son and I.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hingham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baker caps big week with Globe endorsement 1 hr Jtn 7
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) 21 hr sandee0822 530
Garage Door Repair Norwell Oct 10 DavidAHolguin 1
Gay teen Oct 4 Kjfrancis 1
Boycott Hingham Stop and Shop Falsley Accusing ... (May '08) Aug '14 David 31
About Town: Is Shell Putting Stoughton Gas Stat... (Feb '13) Jun '14 Kundrot dionkie 8
ALIMO4U Hingham MA Corporate Car Service (Mar '14) Mar '14 Joey 2

Hingham News Video

Hingham Dating
Find my Match

Hingham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hingham News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hingham

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]