Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

the Hazard Humane Society say they can't do any thing because this took place in Knott county
Kat

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Photos have been taken of both horses. Bullet fragments have been retracted. An officer from perry county heard the shots he lives at the top of the mountian on yellow creek
he can not do any thing because he is a police officer for the town of hazard. Justice will be served
mewithasadheart

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

we have the news station coming up here tomorrow to do an interview this is so sad that this happend we r going to take it as far as we can
mewithasadheart

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

well, i guess the local news cast doesn't want to do the story bc the vet doesn't want to be involved. :( We're going to try and keep perusing this and to have something, anything done to stop this nonsense.
concerned

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

the people who done this to the animals should be fined and placed in Jail these are real evil people
Horse-Owner

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

If someone shot my horses I can guarantee you this would not be the end of this situation!! They need to be put in prison! I have seen people get jail time for abusing a dog, not even killing it!Letting people by with something like this just opens the door for more trouble. I don't care what might have happened there is no right for this! Do something more about this raise this biggest stink over this you can!!
Advocate

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

mewithasadheart wrote:
well, i guess the local news cast doesn't want to do the story bc the vet doesn't want to be involved.:( We're going to try and keep perusing this and to have something, anything done to stop this nonsense.
Why does the vet have to be involved? They can do a story by interviewing you guys if they wanted to...it's about your loss and what was done to the horses, they don't have to have the vets spin on it...some news crew we have. Go to the newspapers, a bigger Humane Society, a bigger news station (like Lexington, I bet they'll do it). Don't stop...if one station won't do it, go to a bigger one! I bet once you do that, the smaller stations will be begging you to do a story.
Advocate

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

concerned wrote:
the Hazard Humane Society say they can't do any thing because this took place in Knott county
Sounds like we need more of an Eastern Kentucky area Humane Society, instead of just a Hazard chapter around here. Isn't the animal shelter in Knott county? They may have an idea of who can help.
Advocate

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Kat wrote:
Photos have been taken of both horses. Bullet fragments have been retracted. An officer from perry county heard the shots he lives at the top of the mountian on yellow creek
he can not do any thing because he is a police officer for the town of hazard. Justice will be served
He can do one thing...he can testify in court as to the details of what he heard, call him as a witness if it goes to court.
Horse-Owner

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Call other news stations in Lexington. I agree with what someone else said, "when the big stations want it then the little ones will be beggin to be thrown a bone." Don't stop with this think about those poor horses! Do you want this to happen again?
mewithasadheart

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

we have called the SPCA jurisdiction over new york, they say they can only help if they are allowed to over step the locals. we're still pushing for doors to open. I know these people that did this will think they can get by with this and us not being able to get any help will add to their confidence in their trouble making, killing, and injuring of innocent animals. 1 of the neighbors told my hubby that this same person shot their dog in the leg and it went through it's private, how sick is this? It never killed it but, look at the suffering it had to endure. I guess nothing was done about that incident either. I just don't understand how or why these types of people can get away with this kind of cruel hearted behavior. Makes me sick. These animals are loved and become part of people's families, I was raised to love God's innocent creatures. When i was growing up if something happened to 1 of our animals, we had a little funeral in our yard. Cruel and cold hearted people needs to learn that they cannot get by with these kinds of actions.
Info

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Look up Pam Rogers on fbook. She is the head of The Humane Society of the United Stated for the state of Kentucky. Tell her your story & she may be able to help.
concerned

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

I know one thing if (any of those bunch) that has cause trouble ever depend on me to save their lives from a burning home or car lol sorry tough luck
concerned

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

far as I know animals shelter is in Perry county
mewithasadheart

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Info wrote:
Look up Pam Rogers on fbook. She is the head of The Humane Society of the United Stated for the state of Kentucky. Tell her your story & she may be able to help.
Which one bc when i typed her name in there was a bunch of Pam Rogers. Thanks for your help.
mewithasadheart

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

I found her, THANKS so much!:)
mewithasadheart

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

I messaged her on FB thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it.
concerned

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

we do know who shot these poor (innocent) (defenseless) animals v
concerned

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

yet this person thought these animals belonged to some one up the road this is why (she) shot them and yet she claims to be a christian she is not one this is told in the to the Bible MRS V K R I hope you never get a good nights rest as long as you live just thinking of what could happen to you vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord
Confused

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

I'm sorry for your loss(-es) and the guilty should be prosecuted, but the title of the thread says horses, but I read of only one shot. Were the horses fenced in on your property or free roaming? I've heard there are herds of wild horses over there on the mountaintops free roaming, is that true? I don't see why it wasn't on the news the very day it happened whether the guilty party(-ies) are or were known at the time didn't matter as much as WHAT happened. It is definitely newsworthy, WYTM covers dog/cat animal cruelty news all the time. If this happened to one of my animals on my property I'd definitely have it on the news minutes after it occurred, you betcha. Trespassing, animal cruelty, etc.- so many charges here, not to have reacted sooner. I've raised Arabian horses, and all kinds of animals on my farm and never had trouble with people bothering any of them, because I've kept them contained, but maybe I should install surveillance cameras now if there are horse killers in Knott County. Hope you get the settled as soon as possible and hope to see it on the local news today.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of155
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Hindman Forum right now

Search the Hindman Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min concerned 138,482
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min josphd 122,617
Houses 40 min ya ya 3
Roger Combs 1 hr Roger Who 22
New Coal Mine Business Model 1 hr Question Unanswered 1
The race for County Judge 2 hr New blood 73
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 7 hr blahblah123 917
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hindman Jobs

•••