Comments
1 - 20 of 71 Comments Last updated May 19, 2010
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
bird

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 9, 2010
 
did anyone go to the trail ride,what went on??????

Since: May 10

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 9, 2010
 
um, well i went up there and rode aorund a lil while but nothing went on..a bunch of horses riding around..lol
Bradley

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 9, 2010
 
Is it true that the crowd numbered...20,000 plus??
Gotta give alot of credit to Thompson, the man knows how to promote the county and bring in the crowds. I know several people that made extra money this weekend, they are very happy.
wondering

Garner, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 9, 2010
 
I also heard some one got shot, is there any truth to that rumor?

Since: May 10

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 9, 2010
 
hadnt herd anything about a shooting but yea..id say close to 20,000+ you could hardley walk around..lol..
slone

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 9, 2010
 
i went & there were 2 many drunks and pot smokers 4 me!!!! what a joke-no drugs!!! looked like the who's who in knott co. was there too.
A fun day for some

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 9, 2010
 
Bradley wrote:
Is it true that the crowd numbered...20,000 plus??
Gotta give alot of credit to Thompson, the man knows how to promote the county and bring in the crowds. I know several people that made extra money this weekend, they are very happy.
Where will that money go to, and those that get it I guess are real happy . It sure costs alot to go there. How much did the county take in? have there been a count of the money Yet? I'm sure a few are VERY happy with how the weekend went!!!!!!!!
marty

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 9, 2010
 
bird wrote:
did anyone go to the trail ride,what went on??????
i heard on the news a Gibson man was shot.
Miller

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 9, 2010
 

Judged:

1

A couple thousand less then the Fall Trail ride which was 10,000 people (per website).

$15.00/person does not seem expensive to me... you can't go out to for a movie and popcorn for $15.00 and you get a whole weekend of entertainment and fun with concerts and vendors and great places to ride.

I wish that we had Mr. Thompson in our county. What a great thing for the county!

I would also say for the # of people in one place... it was very civilized.

Glad I got to go and will definitely go back.
fun

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 9, 2010
 
I went and i had a blast!!! We will definately be back in the fall!!
fun

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 9, 2010
 
Who was that girl that played the guitar?? She was really good!!
Traderjoe

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 9, 2010
 
A fun day for some wrote:
<quoted text>
Where will that money go to, and those that get it I guess are real happy . It sure costs alot to go there. How much did the county take in? have there been a count of the money Yet? I'm sure a few are VERY happy with how the weekend went!!!!!!!!
A few happy with how the weekend went...What do you mean by that statement? They was THOUSANDS happy with how the weekend went.
Duh

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 9, 2010
 
Seriously, anyone that would be against the Trail Ride, is against the county. It's as simple as that. You can't have a crowd that size without there being some incident. In fact, I'm surprised there aren't more incidents. You should look at some things that happen in other places that get huge crowds like this.
This event does nothing but bring into the county and put the county into good light. It's as simple as that.
Duh

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 9, 2010
 
bring money*

Sorry for the typo.
girlfriend

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 9, 2010
 
I went and had a blast, the most wonderful time! enjoyed every minute of it..need more port-a-pottys though..was rather cold there saturday night..but have lots of memories and will be back for fall ride..
what

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 9, 2010
 
Miller wrote:
A couple thousand less then the Fall Trail ride which was 10,000 people (per website).
$15.00/person does not seem expensive to me... you can't go out to for a movie and popcorn for $15.00 and you get a whole weekend of entertainment and fun with concerts and vendors and great places to ride.
I wish that we had Mr. Thompson in our county. What a great thing for the county!
I would also say for the # of people in one place... it was very civilized.
Glad I got to go and will definitely go back.
You can have him Please, and it will not cost you a cent as a matter of fact we'll pay you 15.00 to take him please
myself

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 9, 2010
 

Judged:

1

the trail ride is a great thing. I work at a local grocery store and it's helped us out even. People come and get their supplies and food. It's only helping out local economy and i personally think Mr. Thompson deserves a big thank you from everyone.
Hindmanite

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 9, 2010
 
myself wrote:
the trail ride is a great thing. I work at a local grocery store and it's helped us out even. People come and get their supplies and food. It's only helping out local economy and i personally think Mr. Thompson deserves a big thank you from everyone.
I don't he's. Cocksucker an none of the money is going anywhere but in his f*ckin pocket! Have u seen how horrible hindman looks? I live here man an it is god awful... There's nothing to do... The only good thing he has done is put in the skatpark an that wasn't even his idea... He needs to do some renevating on All these old ass ugly buildings
hmm

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 9, 2010
 
Isn't the Hindman within the City Council's and the Mayor's jurisdiction? Or am I very completely wrong?
Hindmanite

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 9, 2010
 
hmm wrote:
Isn't the Hindman within the City Council's and the Mayor's jurisdiction? Or am I very completely wrong?
hell if I know but I'm pretty sure that that ha nothing to do with wat I just said lol... I was tlkin bout where the money was going... And where it could go an needs to go... He could do something bou I though an it seems like he would... Hell he lives in a shithole hollow himself an shuld wanna change it lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hindman Discussions

Search the Hindman Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Zeitgeist 146,732
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr chinwendu1 128,869
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 10 hr lol 1,016
Business 14 hr jazz 15
the music thread (Jan '12) 14 hr Musikologist 67
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 15 hr Flint hill bandit 26,203
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 17 hr Flint hill bandit 16,121
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hindman Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hindman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hindman News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hindman
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••