would like to know

Lanesville, IN

#1 May 27, 2012
I would really like for someone to tell me what city police really do.They get out and stop people who drive 5 mile an hour over the speed limit,but they cant get control over murder,child abusr,spouse abuse,animal attacks on other people,and on other peoples pets.They are often seen in coffee shops in large groups,they get big and I mean big discounts for living in all the good apartment complexs,discounts on food in all the resturants(could be why they are so fat).They get discounts on every thing going for what?If all these places want to help someone why dont you give those discounts to people who work in health care who are doing something that makes a difference in peoples lives and saves lives because police just cant seem to get the hang of it.We the working tax payers pay them very large salries for what?To run to a west end murder when its to late,to go scrape someones pet up when they wont enforce animal control laws,they always run after the fact but do nothing before the fact.What is our money paying for?Afree car to ride around in,free housing,free food,free clothing,in most jobs you have to do something to just keep the job much less get all these extras.Yea it much easier to stop a 60 year old woman for driving 57 in a 55 zone than to be a real officer and step up to where the serious problems are and start fixing them and to really earn all thoes perks.My opinion and yes I am permitted to have one in what we try to call a free country on this memorial day.
Questioning

Shepherdsville, KY

#2 May 28, 2012
Whereas I can understand your frustration, I have to question what it is that you think that they CAN do? The so called judicial system operates this carnival ride. The corruption therein is the heart of the matter. We don't want LEOs infringing upon our right to enjoy a peaceful existence, but we allow their hands to be tied when it comes to identifying and approaching suspects. Profiling. Mind reading isn't a job skill taught to rookie officers. Officers prevent more crimes than most care to know about, because they were prevented, thus the biased media sources fail to credit that, most of the time. A story is only worthy of sensationalizing in the media if there is loss of life, bloodshed, or right infringements, and then only if it is deemed worthy in a liberals mindset. Cops can't do it all. They shouldn't be expected to. If people really want for a safer community, then they will need to step to the plate and take ownership. With that said, tell me how an officer can be expected to prevent a robbery. A dog attack. A murder.
judge dread

Bardstown, KY

#3 May 28, 2012
Because blacks commit crimes in record numbers in Louisville. You can't stop it. Just hope to make a small dent. And even that's hard now adays. Can't put a curfew up because they would cry its racist. I'm glad I got my family out of Louisville and into the country. But I feel bad for people still living there. This west end shit is just the beginning. It will spread like a virus. This is how the big city's got their crime. The more blacks come. The more crime comes. FACT.
Questioning

Shepherdsville, KY

#4 May 28, 2012
The bottom line is this. Cops aren't the problem. They possess no special powers with which to foretell the future. EMTs aren't on the scene BEFORE injuries and firefighters don't show up at the site BEFORE the fire. There are often other people on site or at the scene, but yet, they do nothing or little to prevent or ease the situation and when questioned after the fact, they play dumb. Blaming the cops is easy. Incidentally, all these EXTRAS that you make mention of, well, they aren't quite as abundant as one may wish to believe. I'm not a cop. I know some. I wouldn't touch their job. Not due to fear or laziness, but people, as a whole, just suck and few are worth protecting. Mostly due in part to their insistence that they are entitled to protection, but are unwilling to raise a hand to help themselves. And that is my opinion and I and others have EARNED our right to it on this Memorial day.
Revelation

United States

#6 May 29, 2012
judge dread wrote:
Because blacks commit crimes in record numbers in Louisville. You can't stop it. Just hope to make a small dent. And even that's hard now adays. Can't put a curfew up because they would cry its racist. I'm glad I got my family out of Louisville and into the country. But I feel bad for people still living there. This west end shit is just the beginning. It will spread like a virus. This is how the big city's got their crime. The more blacks come. The more crime comes. FACT.
already spread to the south end, the south end is now like the west end during the mid 90's, i lived by churchhill as a kid in the eighties and it was a great peaceful hood, kids everywhere, now days its a cesspool of over crowded junky backyards and fences up everywhere like a fort...welcome to the last days.
Revelation

United States

#7 May 29, 2012
would like to know wrote:
I would really like for someone to tell me what city police really do.They get out and stop people who drive 5 mile an hour over the speed limit,but they cant get control over murder,child abusr,spouse abuse,animal attacks on other people,and on other peoples pets.They are often seen in coffee shops in large groups,they get big and I mean big discounts for living in all the good apartment complexs,discounts on food in all the resturants(could be why they are so fat).They get discounts on every thing going for what?If all these places want to help someone why dont you give those discounts to people who work in health care who are doing something that makes a difference in peoples lives and saves lives because police just cant seem to get the hang of it.We the working tax payers pay them very large salries for what?To run to a west end murder when its to late,to go scrape someones pet up when they wont enforce animal control laws,they always run after the fact but do nothing before the fact.What is our money paying for?Afree car to ride around in,free housing,free food,free clothing,in most jobs you have to do something to just keep the job much less get all these extras.Yea it much easier to stop a 60 year old woman for driving 57 in a 55 zone than to be a real officer and step up to where the serious problems are and start fixing them and to really earn all thoes perks.My opinion and yes I am permitted to have one in what we try to call a free country on this memorial day.
I agree with you, cops are grade a useless, power hungry, control freaks, disrespectful, and very lazy....they need their wings clipped a bit and it needs to be easier to fire them for over reacting,,and abuse. Revolution is at hand.
Questioning

Shepherdsville, KY

#8 May 29, 2012
I too grew up in the south end during the 60s and 70s. It was once a remarkable and vibrant community. It is disheartening to observe the cesspool that it has become. Personal safety was never debatable back then, it was a given. Now, pack a gun. This problem became a reality thanks to the greed of this city's decision makers. The city council, the former "mayor" (the joke), and dirty corporations such as Cordish, which evidently owned, and continues to own many of the city's leaders, opted to distribute trash across the city in an effort to stack up their own ill gotten cash. This city has and will continue to spiral downward. The cops aren't responsible for this. The elected officials and the voters are to blame. One has to recall that abramson and his trash distributors screwed the firefighters and the cops of this city too. I can only imagine that the voting idiots will eventually put this shitbag in the governors office too. Many of the same ones that have put that other shitbag idiot in the oval office. This lunacy sickens me. So, while it is easy to blame the cops for the state of the city and the military for the state of the nation, one needs to simply look and recall. The responsible parties are quite obvious.
It isn't my intent to defend all the cops, but there are many good ones. Sure, some are crooked as hell and some are power tripping', but many give way too much for way too little. Many actually care, but I'm stumped as to why.
Scarecrow

Shepherdsville, KY

#9 May 29, 2012
If the cops disappeared for a while, you weak minded idiots would get an idea what they are doing. That thin blue line is all that is standing in the way between you and a wild maggot infested mob of thieves and murderers wanting to take all you got, then murdering you for fun and raping your women.

Half of you would let it happen or help in the plundering.
Truth

United States

#10 May 29, 2012
One major issue that most people overlook is the fact that a large portion of the police here are just as criminal as the ones they lock up. Not only here, but in several other large cities, they are constantly lowering the bar on entry level exams and tests, in order to get more minorities (blacks) into job positions that they don't deserve in the first place. In effect, you are expecting the thugs to defend you from the thugs, and well, that's just not going to happen.
Whenever you place blacks into positions of authority or power, very bad things happen, every single time. There are, of course, many terrible white cops as well. But the next time you see a group of police officers around, take a look for yourself, see how many of them are black. That can never be a good thing for human beings to have to deal with.

“Merry”

Since: Jun 08

Christmas

#11 May 29, 2012
Scarecrow wrote:
If the cops disappeared for a while, you weak minded idiots would get an idea what they are doing. That thin blue line is all that is standing in the way between you and a wild maggot infested mob of thieves and murderers wanting to take all you got, then murdering you for fun and raping your women.
LOL...to the ppl dissing the police on here,im pretty sure they would want their help if a crime was committed scarecrow.They literally put their lives on the line when they go to work everyday.
purple shade

United States

#12 May 29, 2012
Scarecrow wrote:
thats all theory brother, on the other hand neighborhoods would be forced to ''buddy up'' and deal out vigilante justice and that might very well detur people from commiting crime. Id be way more scared if billy bob red neck had me at gun point than a cop...plain and simple...at least you know a cop will detain you if possible, however good ole bob might just not wanna worry about you thieving anymore all together and blow your head off. Maybe vigilatism could be a good thing.
Questioning

Shepherdsville, KY

#13 May 31, 2012
Neighborhoods banding together WOULD most definitely be a good thing. The fact that they do not IS the problem. Cops can't be everywhere, doing all the crime prevention work. If people desire a better community, then people need to make it so. This city is getting worse and will continue to do so until people choose to step up. Not unlike cancer, it will spread. Eventually into everyone's yards. The politicians won't stop it. The cops can't stop it, because the judicial system enterprise doesn't want it stopped. Who does that leave?
Questioning

Shepherdsville, KY

#14 May 31, 2012
Remember, when criminals run the factory, crime is the end product. Something to consider at the polls too.
Questioning

Shepherdsville, KY

#15 May 31, 2012
And with regards to Billy Bob redneck with the gun, I agree. I would be more intimidated being held at gunpoint by me than by an officer in uniform. I may just be crazy. And fidgety.
derek Eubank

Brodhead, KY

#16 May 31, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
erica martin aka meatlover 18 min EricaMartinakaMea... 10
Kentucky wants to give illegal immigrants drive... (Nov '07) 44 min Mike 17
swamp donkeys 1 hr corn stob 1
Amy Mason 1 hr cjv1982 16
brad jones fairdale 2 hr beef 8
Casey Harvey 2 hr Youcanridemyponyd... 29
movin down there 4 hr corn stob 16
Hillview Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web