Mother jailed after daughter, 12, found dead

Jun 6, 2009 Full story: KHOU-TV Houston 16

A 32-year-old Hillsboro woman is jailed on a murder charge after the death of her 12-year-old daughter.

Full Story
stephanie

Bolivar, MO

#1 Jun 7, 2009
people are already passing rumors that the whole family was killed and the 13 yr. old passed away yesterday. thank you for the clarification. GOD BLESS
stephanie

Bolivar, MO

#2 Jun 7, 2009
what was going on in her mind that made this young lady act in this manner.does anyone know
london

Jacksonville, FL

#3 Jun 7, 2009
i am the niece of this horrible bitch and i think she need to rot in ptrison and take the chair or death as long as my aunt is suffering idc i haste her for hurtin and killing my little causins they didnt deserve this shit she can rot in hell
jonathan n breanna

United States

#4 Jun 10, 2009
we knew them. the 13 year old we called kate when they used to live near us.and the 13 year old we called christian .
Marcia Mumper

Piedmont, MO

#5 Jun 20, 2009
All I can say is RIP little one, you will be missed. And to the rest of the family may god be with yall....God Bless
Rhonda

Waxahachie, TX

#6 Jun 24, 2009
Jeter Case Takes Shape
The case against a Hillsboro woman who allegedly killed one daughter and seriously injured another continued to take shape ear-lier this week.
Thirty-two-year-old Debra Janelle Jeter remained in the Hill County Law Enforcement Center Tuesday, June 16, being held in lieu of $1.5 million in bonds.
She is charged in the death of 12-year-old Kelsey Leanne Jeter and the attempted capital murder of 13-year-old Kiersten Leigh Jeter.
The older girl was treated at Parkland Hospital in Dallas following the Friday, June 5, attacks at an abandoned farm house north of Hillsboro.
She was released from the medical facility Wednesday, June 10, following surgery for a slash wound to the neck.
Hundreds of relatives and friends turned out for Kelsey’s funeral last weekend.
It was standing room only at Central Baptist Church on Old Bynum Road Saturday morning, June 13, at the celebration of life service for Kelsey, who would have been in the seventh grade at Hillsboro Junior High School this fall.
Sheriff Jeffrey T. Lyon, his staff and others involved in the investi-gation met with prosecutors Tues-day morning to review the infor-mation relating to the case that had been compiled in two large ring binders.
The information runs the gamut from the 9-1-1 call to information by the first officers on the scene to statements from friends and rela-tives who had contact with the sus-pect in the days and hours leading up to the attacks.
Following the review, the sheriff estimated that the case could be finalized for presentation to District Attorney Dan Dent within the next week.
Dent, who is on vacation this week, speculated earlier that a spe-cial date would be set at some point to present the case to a grand jury.
Whitney attorney Phil Weaver was appointed early last week to represent Mrs. Jeter.
Weaver immediately notified the sheriff that no additional inter-views by law enforcement or Child Protective Services would be allowed. He also barred any inter-view requests by media representatives.
The attorney also requested that all visitors for the inmate be cleared through his office, but it was unclear whether he had that authority.
As of Tuesday, Weaver had visited his client on two occasions, but there had been no other visitor requests, according to the sheriff.
In a letter faxed to media outlets, including The Reporter Newspa-per, late Friday afternoon, June 12, the attorney indicated that his firm was “investigating the circum-stances surrounding this tragedy. We will be seeking an evaluation of her mental status.”
Weaver hasn’t granted any requests for interviews by the media up to this point.
As a result of the crime, tempo-rary divorce-proceeding orders issued in Hill County Court at Law the day before the attacks have been rescinded by Judge A. Lee Harris.
The father, Lee Jeter, has been named sole managing conservator for Kiersten.
In addition, a protective order was issued banning Mrs. Jeter from coming within 600 feet of the sur-viving daughter, should she get out on bond.
The suspect remained under a 24-hour suicide watch Tuesday, being monitored by law-enforcement detention personnel.
No court hearings related to the case had been scheduled as of earlier this week, according to a spokesman for 66th District Court Judge F.B.(Bob) McGregor Jr.’s office.
courtesy of KHBR Hillsboro
Concerned Citizen

Piedmont, MO

#7 Jul 27, 2009
This no good for nothing needs to be dealt with the same way that she did to these poor girls The family has to suffer while she gets to sit in jail with 3squares and a roof over her head she needs to be PUNISHED!!!!!!!!!!
brieanna

Penelope, TX

#8 Dec 17, 2009
if jennell wanted to kill herself she would have already done it by now! that was just to make everyone think she wasnt right in her head when she killed kelsey! i hope she knows how many people she hurt by doing that including me :/
R.I.P Kelsey you will be missed forever in my heart!
Dads friend

Hurst, TX

#9 Mar 9, 2010
This makes me ill.. and i hope and pray thats she rots in prison for what she did to these children...Kelsey is watching over all of us and im sure Kiersten thinks about her sister everyday, she damaged kiersten for the rest of her life and i hope that someone shows her the same pain in prison. ROT IN HELL JANELLE!!!
Lisa

Panama City, FL

#10 Jun 6, 2010
How horrible for a mom to do this to her kids. What was she thinking? That she would get away with it. I feel sad for the family and a lot sad for the surviving girl as she did really try and save her sister. Such a sad thing that didn't have to happen at all. Rest in peace little angel.
haley

Evant, TX

#11 Jul 31, 2010
for one kierstwn loves her sister bt she dont show it in school i tld her sorry for tha lost of your sister ans she said she aint my sister anymore and it made me wanna cry why wold she say that but we still miss you kelsey this is haley saying that and you are in our herat love and miss you
Amber

Hillsboro, TX

#12 Sep 9, 2010
screw this bi*ch she wasnt crazy so let me clear that all up 4 u she told kirsten that if she couldnt have them no one would she jus a sick bi*ch who deserves to be tortured over and over again by all those demons she has always belived in..
miss u kelsey now u can catch all the bugs u ever want baby girl
gwen

Lillian, TX

#13 Feb 17, 2011
I knew jennile and she was alway mean to lee i don't know how she could have done that I wont call her crazy she isn't she is just a mean bitch that deserves the right to fry they life in prison gives people time to think of what they have done i dont think the is the case for moms who kill their children and for no matter what reason she could give for doing so it won't work she needs to feel pain just like those poor babies did. i say a slow death
the lost shepard 2011

Andrews, TX

#14 Apr 26, 2011
See the other post we have compossed and please dont use my pin name for your own gossip.It would not be morally right?Got nothing to do ? How about getting aaaallll of your neighbors to go to their churchs again.Sounds like a good thing..JUST DONT GOSSIP WHEN YOU GET THERE OR OUT-- SOMEONE IS LISTENING.
the lost shepard 2011

Cross Plains, TX

#15 Aug 10, 2011
well,i thought you liked to gossip behind someones back.if she was here with the weapon would you confront her face to face? think before you do.... what you do.
Kay

Mansfield, TX

#16 Aug 15, 2011
She will be killed in prison

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 8 hr Frank Pharts 18,300
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 9 hr That Fart Guy 22,555
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Mon Gasman 566
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sep 14 That Fart Guy 676
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Sep 10 Gasman 728
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Sep 9 Gasman 796
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Sep 9 Gasman 631
•••

Hillsboro News Video

•••
•••

Hillsboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Hillsboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE