the morse mill hotel building

Posted in the Hillsboro Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
intersted in

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Oct 25, 2009
Does anyone know who owns it and how old it is? I didn't know if it needed a lot of work on the inside or not.

“If it feels good, do it...”

Since: Jun 10

Out in the country,

#2 Jul 4, 2010
Patrick Sheehan owns the building and is restoring it. It's claimed to be haunted and he is charging paranormal teams to investigate. I believe he is trying to get a TV crew of paranormal investigators in there to really put it on the map. Such as Ghost Adventures Crew so he can make money off this house/hotel.
GhostNurse

AOL

#3 Jul 5, 2010
hmmmTHEoriginal wrote:
Patrick Sheehan owns the building and is restoring it. It's claimed to be haunted and he is charging paranormal teams to investigate. I believe he is trying to get a TV crew of paranormal investigators in there to really put it on the map. Such as Ghost Adventures Crew so he can make money off this house/hotel.
I don't trust him. He did tell me Alice the previous owner was dead....Until I met her. Imagine my surprise! Alice told me there is nothing paranormal in the hotel.
Just be careful and ask for proof of a haunting. A group from KC paid and didn't get anything. There has been groups that went through but so far none has mentioned evidence and I network with quite a few. But if this is what it takes to save a piece of history I guess that's what he has to do.

“If it feels good, do it...”

Since: Jun 10

Out in the country,

#4 Jul 5, 2010
GhostNurse wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't trust him. He did tell me Alice the previous owner was dead....Until I met her. Imagine my surprise! Alice told me there is nothing paranormal in the hotel.
Just be careful and ask for proof of a haunting. A group from KC paid and didn't get anything. There has been groups that went through but so far none has mentioned evidence and I network with quite a few. But if this is what it takes to save a piece of history I guess that's what he has to do.
Really? How are you going to say someone is dead when they are alive and well? That is just wrong. I have done research for myself and there are a handful of teams that didn't catch any evidence and then there are teams that did catch a lot of EVP's and some video. I do that he comes across as a shady business person.

“If it feels good, do it...”

Since: Jun 10

Out in the country,

#5 Jul 5, 2010
GhostNurse wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't trust him. He did tell me Alice the previous owner was dead....Until I met her. Imagine my surprise! Alice told me there is nothing paranormal in the hotel.
Just be careful and ask for proof of a haunting. A group from KC paid and didn't get anything. There has been groups that went through but so far none has mentioned evidence and I network with quite a few. But if this is what it takes to save a piece of history I guess that's what he has to do.
You can hit me up at fishhutpizza@hotmail.com and we can network.
GhostNurse

AOL

#6 Jul 5, 2010
hmmmTHEoriginal wrote:
<quoted text>
You can hit me up at fishhutpizza@hotmail.com and we can network.
I don't know why he said that. Thats why I think he is shady. I haven't heard any EVP's from that hotel and I had asked him to send me some proof. We don't spend time researching and studying unless we have some proof. We have 3 open investigations and we do have the proof. One picture was on George Noory.

“If it feels good, do it...”

Since: Jun 10

Out in the country,

#7 Jul 7, 2010
GhostNurse wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know why he said that. Thats why I think he is shady. I haven't heard any EVP's from that hotel and I had asked him to send me some proof. We don't spend time researching and studying unless we have some proof. We have 3 open investigations and we do have the proof. One picture was on George Noory.
He is emailing groups he finds on the web asking you to come check out his hotel. Telling you that someone who is familiar with your work passed it along to him. When you ask him who, he doesn't give you an answer. The way he goes about this is all shady. He invites teams and there when you're about to close the deal he asks for money. It is bad business to invite a team and then ask for money.
Anonymous

AOL

#8 Jul 27, 2010
hmmmTHEoriginal wrote:
<quoted text>
He is emailing groups he finds on the web asking you to come check out his hotel. Telling you that someone who is familiar with your work passed it along to him. When you ask him who, he doesn't give you an answer. The way he goes about this is all shady. He invites teams and there when you're about to close the deal he asks for money. It is bad business to invite a team and then ask for money.
I know 5 groups that paid 25.00 each person and none of them got any kind of evidence at all. I am waiting someone will get something sometime.

Unseen Paranormal has a few openings for investigators. They won't go in and study unless there is something worth studying though and they don't pay.
Anonymous

AOL

#9 Jul 27, 2010
intersted in wrote:
Does anyone know who owns it and how old it is? I didn't know if it needed a lot of work on the inside or not.
Ask Alice she is president of the Jefferson County Historic Society. They meet every month at the Library. She will tell you everything you want to know about the old Morse Mill Hotel.. They are some haunted homes in Jefferson County we do have one with a full apparition dressed in 1800's clothes on the porch in daylight with cars going by. Thats some strong energy.
GoDark

Bolivar, MO

#10 Feb 26, 2011
I would love to investigate the hotel. My team has been at it for awhile now, and just spent an evening at the Lemp Mansion, and we actually did capture possible evidence of a spirit. We are skeptics, so it takes a lot to prove ghosts exist to us. THis was our first COMMERCiAL investigation. We normally research old Civil War battlefields, abandon farms, etc. But this hotel sounds fascinating. Although, the age of the hotel means little. Because it's old doesn't mean it's haunted...as we all well know.

I wonder...did the person buy it to promote it as haunted and is he just trying to make a living, or could it be genuinely haunted? Hmmmm...ya never know!
www.godarkmpr.webs.com
idk

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Mar 2, 2011
I live across the street from the old hotel and I have read alot about it online but I have never seen anything there I know the guy has been there everyday working on it. It has alot of history but idk about it being haunted.
Midwest Paranormal

Saint Charles, MO

#12 Mar 10, 2011
I have investigated there many times, and can tell you first hand that the hotel does have paranormal activity. I have witnessed many shadow people, disembodied voices, footsteps, and seen a door just short of slam in front of me. I can also say that just like any other active location, activity does not happen on command, or even every night. If anyone has any questions about the place let me know, and I'm sure I can answer them. email me @ midwestparanormalinvestigation s@yahoo.com
Lisa

Collinsville, IL

#13 Mar 21, 2011
I have a date set to go. So excited about it myself. My paranormal team did not recieve any e-mails from the owner we contacted him ourselves we dont mind paying to see some activity. Like others have said we may go and nothing happen at all. Or we may come out with the best evidence ever captured on camera. You can not make them appear you just hae to wait and see. Someone will get solid proof one day that it is haunted you will see.
Anonymous

AOL

#14 Apr 27, 2011
Lisa wrote:
I have a date set to go. So excited about it myself. My paranormal team did not recieve any e-mails from the owner we contacted him ourselves we dont mind paying to see some activity. Like others have said we may go and nothing happen at all. Or we may come out with the best evidence ever captured on camera. You can not make them appear you just hae to wait and see. Someone will get solid proof one day that it is haunted you will see.
Try to get into Killion's Irish Inn They have multiple proof of hauntings intelligent and residual. Best be respectful one did get burned on his side and it lasted 3 months. There are 21 spirits there. Yes they said "21 of us". I believe 9 are on film and video.
Ghost Hunter

Saint Louis, MO

#15 May 5, 2011
Morse Mill Project

Washington, MO

#16 Jun 11, 2011
That is funny that he tells everyone Alice is dead. She is alive and kicking and I have the the proof. Alice was in the documentary The Morse Mill Project and gave a full interview about the hotel. The documentary is available on Amazon. In my opinion, Patrick Sheehan is not to be trusted. He has played many people and is still playing people today. He just had he TAPS team at the hotel so I guess his dreams came true. It is an interesting building, but the shame of it is he is not the best person to represent this building bcause of his shday sdealings and he will eventually lose the building because of his inablity to keep up with its taxes. The problem is he is treating people badly and that sort of thing along with lies will turn around and bite you in the end. But all in all Alice is alive and has been interviewed on film about the hotel.
gypsylady

Richardson, TX

#17 Oct 26, 2011
I have to Morse mills hotel 3 times. 2 of those times I did pay. The last time I went I was invited as his guest and paid nothing. He can come across at times I guess as shady but I have no beef with him. I should also mention that 2 of those times I got what I paid for and then some, exspecially the last time. I am a psychic empath I fell energy very well. I even fell the pain of those who have pasted. we had a ghost box as well,. It was around christmas of 2010 I would ask if it liked the christmas lights across the street and its reply was yes I love baby Jesus I love christmas. Each question was answered with an intellegent response. feel free to contact me with any questions stacyterramiggi@hotmail.com
gypsylady

Richardson, TX

#18 Oct 26, 2011
oh by the way I am not from texas I grew up in franklin county. like I said feel free to contact me I would be glad to tell you everything. I thought it was awesome stacyterramiggi@hotmail.com
just bitchin

United States

#19 Nov 30, 2011
Just to let everyone know, my Aunt Alice used to own the hotel and several members of my family including my mother have lived/stayed in the place. NONE of them have seen ghosts or "apparitions", doors slamming, or anything weird. THE NEW OWNER NEEDS TO GET OVER IT!!! It's a drafty old hotel. There's your answer! Oooga Boooga!! Scary!!!
Julie

United States

#20 Nov 30, 2011
I have the proof that she's alive too, she's my aunt. The hotel is a big piece of history and should be preserved as such. As for people saying my aunt is dead, thats offensive and the words of a person who obviously doesn't have their facrs straight.
Morse Mill Project wrote:
That is funny that he tells everyone Alice is dead. She is alive and kicking and I have the the proof. Alice was in the documentary The Morse Mill Project and gave a full interview about the hotel. The documentary is available on Amazon. In my opinion, Patrick Sheehan is not to be trusted. He has played many people and is still playing people today. He just had he TAPS team at the hotel so I guess his dreams came true. It is an interesting building, but the shame of it is he is not the best person to represent this building bcause of his shday sdealings and he will eventually lose the building because of his inablity to keep up with its taxes. The problem is he is treating people badly and that sort of thing along with lies will turn around and bite you in the end. But all in all Alice is alive and has been interviewed on film about the hotel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Plumber? Tue Peter Simmons 3
brittany pashia (Mar '10) Mon Old friend 9
Lesbian/bi girls numbers Dec 14 Bishoppoole23 5
Brittany McEntire (Jun '13) Dec 13 again really 24
Jays volleyball club questions Dec 12 Jays 6
Heroin Dec 12 First Step 2
Considering moving to Hillboro (Nov '13) Dec 12 Jeff 10
Hillsboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hillsboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hillsboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hillsboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:10 am PST

NBC Sports 8:10AM
Chandler Catanzaro kicks way to NFC special teams honors
NBC Sports 8:20 AM
De'Anthony Thomas garners AFC special teams player of the week honors
Bleacher Report 9:43 AM
Offseason Should Start with Trading for Cutler
NBC Sports 2:15 PM
Should fantasy owners bench Eli Manning in Week 16?
Bleacher Report 5:58 PM
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick