AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

joe colonna wrote:
It was Joey. Sometimes even myself. I still can never watch the french connection again 'cause of it!!!!!!!!!!
i also run the movies before that rick269

Since: Aug 09

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

Matt wrote:
Big Red was my wrangling horse in 79, I was in FLA when he was kicked and his leg broke. To think anyone would've done anything different is asinine BIG MAN because neither of us were there. The only thing you self proclaimed "real cowboys" have now, that we didn't back then, is perfect hind sight JACK.
matt, big red had many good wranglers on him,stan,stu,myself, steve mudock, curly many riders. MOE, was a great person when it came to horses and people. Moe, would call me every morning over the barn with phone in the hall way,and then i had to wake up everyone. it was yrs i can never forget.rick. MOE, had many great horses up there like velet irk. dunn chief,cinermann. rick
Fran Good FRITZI

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

rick landow wrote:
<quoted text>wrong it was pollay,he was my dads partner on a 200 acre ranch in upstate new york plus i started up at pdr when i was 7 and started working in the barn when i was 12 and later worked with mac with the vending machines for yrs,. rick does anyone remember manny, whitey jerri the cook and butch etc.
Manny died at least 15 years ago. Do you remember Rocky with his dog Skippy, Stanley who slept in the shack, Jimmy,Johnny, Ace. Do you remember the bar at the front of the ranch, next to the dining room and Bud & Carole Chase calling square dancing, and lots of western dancing. Do you remember the bedrooms where we all slept over the bar before the new barn was built?

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2009

Fran Good FRITZI wrote:
<quoted text>
Manny died at least 15 years ago. Do you remember Rocky with his dog Skippy, Stanley who slept in the shack, Jimmy,Johnny, Ace. Do you remember the bar at the front of the ranch, next to the dining room and Bud & Carole Chase calling square dancing, and lots of western dancing. Do you remember the bedrooms where we all slept over the bar before the new barn was built?
fritzi, yes i remember all those times and people,we did have a great family of friends up there and lots of good times, do u remember when we used to run the horses up the driveway to that pasture up by texas and aziona[sp] builing. Aces[boy-girl]show.rick square dancing.they were good rooms full of fun with friends remember joe and barbara with their kids.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Molly Malarky wrote:
remember when the man had a heart attack and fell off his horse and I jumped off lady flash in a flash and caught him before he hit the ground ..yep that was me..thank you thank you ..very much Remember dougie throwing me into the scummy horse trough and all my weed was soggy and algae filled ..yeah well I remember it...I remember the pastrami EVERYDAY and the canned grapefruit juice with an after note of rust, and I remember all the saddle sores and the aspca being bribed ...ahh youth is wasted on the young . If I knew then, what I know now...that crap NEVER would have went on. Horrible sores on most of those horses.
molly i worked up there from 1961 and up with moe,curly volpe the blacksmith and my uncle mac,and i can tell this whenever there was a horse with sores that horse was nurse by me or someone else and not rode till it was good to go. at one time dodge city was used as a place we use to keep more horse and those that were sore oh yea before your time.rick

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Sheree Druger Grosman wrote:
Rick, There is a Facebook group for the ranch. If you join you will see many familiar faces including Curly, Steve Modock, Joey Pisani, Claudia and others.
sheree, i have jioned but i can't find the pictures you are talking about, i'm going to find mine and see if i can put them on there for everyone to see, early pdr. and later. rick
Sheree Druger Grosman

West Chester, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2009

rick269 wrote:
<quoted text>sheree, i have jioned but i can't find the pictures you are talking about, i'm going to find mine and see if i can put them on there for everyone to see, early pdr. and later. rick
Rick, Go to the Peekskill Dude Ranch page and if you scroll to the bottom of the page, below the wall posts, you will see the photos. You can also friend any and all members of that group on facebook.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2009

Joe Gallagher wrote:
http://www.yorktownhistory.org /homepages/april02.htm
Have a look at this, a fire at the Ranch 1978?
Any memories of this
if i can think that far back i think it was in the az,bulding up on the hill. rick

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2009

Stacey Commer wrote:
<quoted text>
Philly, What is your name? You know all this information about my father and I cannot figure out who you are.
stacey, i remember your dad very well i was up there for many yrs as a wrangler and latter worked with my uncle with the vending machines my is rick landow

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2009

Pat Commer wrote:
Hi All,
Steve and I lived above the barn in 69 - 70, along with Ace, The Grillos, The Browns. We were bartnders, watresses, snack bar help, wrangler help. You name it we all did it. Then we had a baby explosion. What a great time! We then lived across the street on Galloway Lane.
Andrew where are you now? Our house on Galloway Lane backed up to your house on Furnace Woods.Stacey, Keith and I all live in Oviedo, Fl. Just north of Orlando.
Just got off the phone with Curly, He had a heart attach in March, and is recouping....
We got on the Subject of Rocking Horse Ranch(anyone remember)where I met him when I was 14 years old!
Harry, is that you?
pat i dont know if you remember me but my name is rick landow i worked the barn for yrs with steve and worked the vending machines with my uncle mac, i live just down the road from you on alfaya and colonial bye ucf. rick landow hope all is well your email address didnt work. mine is blueyehorse@aol.com.
Roberta V

Santa Maria, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

I used to go to Fox Hill in the late 1960s or early 1970s. Before that Sunnycroft where my parents met in 1946ish. At Fox Hill Eddie Triefler was the owner. his mom was around alot too. My friends included Melanie Diamond, Schlermie, Jerry Keitel, Dick Shelton, Bob Feldman, et al.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

Sheree Druger Grosman wrote:
<quoted text>
Rick, Go to the Peekskill Dude Ranch page and if you scroll to the bottom of the page, below the wall posts, you will see the photos. You can also friend any and all members of that group on facebook.
thanks finally got it rick
carol Pisani

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Robert Fox wrote:
Sachmo, c'mon hook a brother up. Pick a date and we will all meet at the bar you bartend at.
hey fox, its me carol P.
carol Pisani

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Hey fox!!!!!!
Pilots Best

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2009

For those of you who remember Jack Greenberg and his buckskin horse Tarzan, there is a picture posted on PDR's Facebook page.
Philly

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2009

To Andy Youngilson, hay brother, do you know who this is? When you were their,who rod boewinkle?

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2009

Pilots Best wrote:
For those of you who remember Jack Greenberg and his buckskin horse Tarzan, there is a picture posted on PDR's Facebook page.
josh and myself rode tarzan for yrs. also rick would like to see the picture
Lynne

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2009

Your name is ringing very distant bells. Did you know Ronni Werter?
joe sack

Morganville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2009

big mike whats up? just did a 23 hr tour getting to old for this s--t really feeling it today lol
Susan Q

Mahwah, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2009

rick landow wrote:
<quoted text> i remember them all i was up there for many yrs. rick
I was there the sumer of 70. Walter Zimmer had a girlfriend that worked at the ranch too and then they broke up at the end of the summer. I think she left the ranch but what happened to Walter? he was friends with Curly. Walter was the riding instructor. Does anyone remember the girlfriend or Walter?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Highland Falls News Video

•••
•••

Highland Falls Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Highland Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE