Bob waves a loose

Kernersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2012

Did anyone see the huge, gray, windowless, low flying aircraft, heading south bound, over Kernersville at 2pm today? It was hard to judge the size, since there was nothing behind it to compare to, but having flown several times across the pacific, it looked similar in size to those 200+ seat planes that they use. I was unable to see any kind of markings except for something small on the tall, which appeared to be red.

Anyone else catch a glimpse of it?
Rebecca Bensman

New London, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Where do you live? Because I live in North Star, Ohio, or about 60 northwest of Dayton and my friend and I heard it in the house, and my brother and another friend saw it about a block from each other. My brother said the plane was going south and veered off to the west. I've seen a lot of planes flying way up in the sky, but this sounded too close for comfort. Probably would have scared me a lot if I had seen it with my own eyes - afraid that the plane was going to crash and kill the passengers inside as well as innocent people on the ground - but I have not heard or seen any reports about it on the news or internet.
Bob waves a loose wrote:
Did anyone see the huge, gray, windowless, low flying aircraft, heading south bound, over Kernersville at 2pm today? It was hard to judge the size, since there was nothing behind it to compare to, but having flown several times across the pacific, it looked similar in size to those 200+ seat planes that they use. I was unable to see any kind of markings except for something small on the tall, which appeared to be red.
greensboro

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

it's a military plane they are doin touch and go's, they fly over the area around PTI all the time, it looks huge like an alien plane but it's just some military thing they are practicing for deployments, we called the airport.
kidsluggo

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

It's a KC10 - The maintenance is being performed at TIMCO in Greensboro
Dawn Hart

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

I tell you one flew over my house yesterday and it was so freaking loud and flying right above the freaking trees. It was a grey window-less plane and it was WIERD. I live in Spring, Texas which is on the north aide of Houston. It came over in broad daylight. It had a red logo on some sort on the tail. It spooked me because I knew something was not right about this.
Bob

Kernersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Dawn Hart wrote:
I tell you one flew over my house yesterday and it was so freaking loud and flying right above the freaking trees. It was a grey window-less plane and it was WIERD. I live in Spring, Texas which is on the north aide of Houston. It came over in broad daylight. It had a red logo on some sort on the tail. It spooked me because I knew something was not right about this.
This sounds exactly like what I saw. Though, it has been several months since i had seen it last. I was pretty sure there was a red logo on the tail, and that was the only markings. What concerned me the most, was that it was not flying in the direction of either of the local airports.
Loves Dogs

Mendon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Bob waves a loose wrote:
Just saw this exact same thing around noon today in Framingham Mass while walking our dogs in the park. Huge, gray, windowless, no markings except some red stripe on the tail, almost looked like some kind of military cargo plane. Suddenly saw the plane coming low over the trees, and we were sure it was coming down for a landing. It pulled up and circled around then took off in another direction so I thought it was going to try to land on a nearby river. But after a couple of minutes it came back and looked like it was veering down to land again, this time so close that we got scared enough to run away from where we thought it was going. But then it pull up and away and flew off. Very scary.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

kidsluggo wrote:
It's a KC10 - The maintenance is being performed at TIMCO in Greensboro
You are right! I use to have them fly over me while deer hunting in the sandhills area. You could have hit them with a rock they were so low. One was following the other.
Carrie Johnson

Clemmons, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

I saw something very similar today in Clemmons NC. Loud low flying large gray plane...just above the tops of the trees. Very strange.
Beth Spanier

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Saw the same today over northwest Atlanta. Love near Dobbins AFB. So low I thought I could touch it.
Brenda T

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

I also saw this plane yesterday over my house in the Trinity NC area. It was so low that I also felt like I could reach up and touch it. A very scary feeling.
Nutrition Now Greensboro

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

I saw it too.
Very freaky. It was about 12:30 pm and again at 1pm and 2pm I was at friendly center and saw it again.
It looked like a large grey jet with no windows. Was very low.
Wendy

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

I saw it today in Greensboro. I live off Lawndale. Gray, windowless, huge, low flying and extremely slow. Saw it three times. It just kept circling. It was kind of eerie, the way it was flying so low and so slow.
Julius

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

I saw it today also. Around 12, 12:30, 1 and 1:30. I live near the airport in Greensboro, NC. Sounded like it was doing "touch and go's" by the sound of the engines powering down and then back up. I imagine some sort of military exercise. But it was gray, huge, and a red emblem with some white on the tail of it.
JesusComingSoon

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

I seen this just a few days ago in florida. I seen absolutely no windows, and no markings of any sort. I was afraid for the life of many. I thought we were honestly under some sort of attack even if it was chemicals a bomb, or machine guns. I was fearful for many people. .
Low flying plane

Princeton, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Mar 27

I had two of these fly over my house last night at a very high speed and it shook the house. I live in the outskirts of Minneapolis MN
Julia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Mar 31

Just saw this about 20 min ago in Port Charlotte, FL. So creepy. Exact red tail markings and everything.
VanityJewelBox

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Apr 8

Bob waves a loose wrote:
It's military. The planes that fly the president also do touch and go's at the airport frequently. I live in the flight path and it rattles my windows every time they fly over. I think we must have the least traffic of any other airport on the East Coast.
Clemmons

Clemmons, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
6 hrs ago

Six flew over my house in Clemmons in pairs yesterday...very low and very loud. I wondered if they were going to crash.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent High Point Discussions

Search the High Point Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 7 min TSF 49,362
Is jamestown a good place to live? 8 hr true 9 1
Daniel Lee Loftis Apr 15 Law dog 2
does anyone know if pain solutions of high poin... (Dec '12) Apr 15 S Higgins 2
High Point to Begin Rebuilding Clara Cox Community (Sep '10) Apr 7 dan 17
Review: Amazing Grace Locksmith Inc Mar 27 Curious one 1
Respect Mar 22 A Friend 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

High Point Jobs

•••