Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'

Full story: Newsday

For 32 years, the Rev. Robert E. Mason celebrated a children's Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Massapequa Park that attracted a loyal following among some families at the ultraconservative parish.

Comments (Page 324)

Showing posts 6,461 - 6,480 of7,778
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

WestHempsteadGal wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't hear Jim's Homily but my friend told me all about it! Great that he tied in you can't just call yourself a Catholic if you don't act and speak like one. I don't believe cursing people out and using vulgar language on these posts represents how a Catholic should behave. Nor is bullying or attempting to bully someone who is posting prayers. And this is a Catholic who is a Eucharistic Minister! It's kind of a hypocrisy which is the point Jim was trying to make by using Kathleen Sebellius an example of a "Catholic in Name Only" and saying that can you believe she was a Eucharistic Minister?? The anger Anthony has inside is palpable. And what some people don't realize is that everything that you put online is there forever. Praying for Anthony's peace of mind and heart, trying to love him as Jim says, to love those who are toughest to love and even those we don't even like or agree with.
You're repeating the same nonsense over and over again, Princess. Not only is it incredibly boring, but again you're spreading lies and rumor and innuendo based on what someone else has said in this forum. Please don't lecture me or anyone else on who or what is a good Catholic... it's incredibly arrogant of you to judge others.
(Guess you must have missed that part of the homilies that says calumny is a sin. That "good" Catholics don't spread gossip.)

In my last post to you, I commented that you couldn't possibly be that stupid. I guess I was wrong. Very wrong.
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

WestHempsteadGal wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Bruser, great post Lou. Jim knew to tie in being a "Catholic in Name Only" to Kathleen Sebellius who actually was a Eucharistic Minister and seemed to be addressing one of his own EM's!
Jim always knows what he's doing and has a very effective way of getting his message across.
Looks like the delusion is spreading. Now you can apparently know what's in a person's mind when they speak. Very disturbing.
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Frank wrote:
I guess a little birdie may have told Jim about his behavior on this thread?
F*** you, Frank/Servant/Watchdog/Sandy.
Anonymous

Chester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Annoyed wrote:
So we have to wait for Newsday to tell us about Rapanaro's status at OLL??? Msgr. L. and the Bishop's office refused to give out any information on Rapanaro but somehow Newsday is able to get it out of them.
A little more communication between the bishop, the pastor and the people would go a long way to resolve situations like this BEFORE they get so ugly.
why won't the church be transparent?
WestHempsteadGal

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Frank wrote:
It was a great homily.. See that Anthony got a bit prickly with you over your post and
Bruser's. Jim hit a chord with Anthony the EM on this one for sure.
Hopefully, he will begin to realize that anger and cursing and acting ignorant does not promote a great image of a man who serves as the LEADER of the EM's
Continue to pray for him and his suffering family
frank
As that quote I mentioned to you says, and for some people who don't understand it or where anger blinds them from understanding... "Anger is an acid (meaning it's corroding the person) that can do more harm to the vessel (aka Anthony the EM) in which it stands than on anything on which it is poured." (his anger, rage, profanity, doesn't affect the people he's cursing out at all...his anger affects only him and his family. Making him a miserable, angry person). I can't imagine with the knowledge of God's love, having that amount of anger within me, ALL the time. It must be exhausting for him, and his poor wife and family who have to deal with him! He uses these posts as a way to deal with his own feelings of dissatisfaction and inadequacy. But cursing people out who have never done so to him, will never make him feel like a better man, a better Catholic man. And if it does, then I guess he should bring it up at the next Men's Club meeting! lol Neither will stalking someone, trying very hard to get Jim's attention. He has to love himself first which you can't do with continual anger.
How can someone be handing out the Body and Blood of Christ and leave church with that much anger and hate in them? Guess it's not the kind of Catholic Jim refers to when he says people should see the joy within you when you leave church and want to know what it is that you have by being a Catholic and going to Mass. And as I always said to my kids, People curse (and I don't even mean just once in awhile and not directed at anyone), but people curse when they don't know what else to say and their vocabulary is limited.
It's very sad. Continue to pray for Anthony and those who have to daily endure his anger. May the peace and love of Jesus fill his heart instead of anger and hate.
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Looks like you've finally joined the a***ole club, Princess. Congratulations on becoming a full-fledged member.

It now appears that you've taken up the banner of smearing the reputation of an innocent third party. How very "Catholic" of you. And what an absolute hypocrite you are.
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

WestHempsteadGal wrote:
<quoted text>
As that quote I mentioned to you says, and for some people who don't understand it or where anger blinds them from understanding... "Anger is an acid (meaning it's corroding the person) that can do more harm to the vessel (aka Anthony the EM) in which it stands than on anything on which it is poured." (his anger, rage, profanity, doesn't affect the people he's cursing out at all...his anger affects only him and his family. Making him a miserable, angry person). I can't imagine with the knowledge of God's love, having that amount of anger within me, ALL the time. It must be exhausting for him, and his poor wife and family who have to deal with him! He uses these posts as a way to deal with his own feelings of dissatisfaction and inadequacy. But cursing people out who have never done so to him, will never make him feel like a better man, a better Catholic man. And if it does, then I guess he should bring it up at the next Men's Club meeting! lol Neither will stalking someone, trying very hard to get Jim's attention. He has to love himself first which you can't do with continual anger.
How can someone be handing out the Body and Blood of Christ and leave church with that much anger and hate in them? Guess it's not the kind of Catholic Jim refers to when he says people should see the joy within you when you leave church and want to know what it is that you have by being a Catholic and going to Mass. And as I always said to my kids, People curse (and I don't even mean just once in awhile and not directed at anyone), but people curse when they don't know what else to say and their vocabulary is limited.
It's very sad. Continue to pray for Anthony and those who have to daily endure his anger. May the peace and love of Jesus fill his heart instead of anger and hate.
You have summed up this pathetic man and his obvious inadaquacies. PRAYERS FOR ANTHONY are the only antidote.

God Bless You

Frank
WestHempsteadGal

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>You have summed up this pathetic man and his obvious inadaquacies. PRAYERS FOR ANTHONY are the only antidote.
God Bless You
Frank
Will continue to pray for Anthony, as all on Toni's prayer chain are doing, and for his family. He's obviously taking out his frustrations with these forums. May God bless him with peace. It is so sad.
Bruser

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

WestHempsteadGal wrote:
<quoted text>
W.H.G Amen, lovingly put, So true. Thank you W.H.G. He is now attempting to elicit the aide of his Wicca friend who is a "Topix
Editor" to shut down one of the other blog spots where I post the Divine Mercy Prayers. That would be interesting to see, as that would be a violation of "Free Speech", I don't think Topix would want that kind of a lawsuit, and the media exposure to that, particularly one that was instigated by an angry cursing Catholic, and a Wicca Editor that slanders the Catholic Faith, who doesn't believe GOD or Jesus ever existed, and aligns herself with "Itchy Watch". Can you imagine that? "Itchy Watch", and the
self proclaimed Wicca, who had posted a "Our lady, which art in heaven", as a dig to the "Our Father" prayer. I fear that "Itchy Watch" is digging himself deeper, and deeper, into an evil hole.

Father, have mercy on "Itchy Watch", and loosen the bonds
of blindness, that he may once again return to the light of Thy Love. In Jesus name, do we pray.

Once again folks, I am so sorry that you are being treated so poorly by the constant attacks of "Itchy Watch". You do not deserve any of the venom you are receiving. And all of this stemmed
from wishing Msgr Jim a Happy Birthday.
God's blessing and his love to you all , and a Good weekend to you all.
Dominus Vobiscum
Bruser

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Today bring to Me the Souls of Priests and Religious,

and immerse them in My unfathomable mercy. It was they who gave me strength to endure My bitter Passion. Through them as through channels My mercy flows out upon mankind."

Most Merciful Jesus, from whom comes all that is good, increase Your grace in men and women consecrated to Your service,* that they may perform worthy works of mercy; and that all who see them may glorify the Father of Mercy who is in heaven.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the company of chosen ones in Your vineyard -- upon the souls of priests and religious; and endow them with the strength of Your blessing. For the love of the Heart of Your Son in which they are enfolded, impart to them Your power and light, that they may be able to guide others in the way of salvation and with one voice sing praise to Your boundless mercy for ages without end. Amen.

Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/novena....
Bruser

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Lou Gia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>You have summed up this pathetic man and his obvious inadaquacies. PRAYERS FOR ANTHONY are the only antidote.
God Bless You
Frank
Hey Frank, He is inadequate, frustrated, probably whipped ar home and takes it out on others. A loser bully.
A cursing Catholic.
Keep praying for Anthony the EM!
Hope to see you Sunday!

Lou
Lou Gia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Frank wrote:
God Bless You
Frank
And especially to talk to women that way? Not right, not right at all for a real man to do. Just ask the guys at the Men's Club!
WestHempsteadGal

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
W.H.G Amen, lovingly put, So true. Thank you W.H.G. He is now attempting to elicit the aide of his Wicca friend who is a "Topix
Editor" to shut down one of the other blog spots where I post the Divine Mercy Prayers. That would be interesting to see, as that would be a violation of "Free Speech", I don't think Topix would want that kind of a lawsuit, and the media exposure to that, particularly one that was instigated by an angry cursing Catholic, and a Wicca Editor that slanders the Catholic Faith, who doesn't believe GOD or Jesus ever existed, and aligns herself with "Itchy Watch". Can you imagine that? "Itchy Watch", and the
self proclaimed Wicca, who had posted a "Our lady, which art in heaven", as a dig to the "Our Father" prayer. I fear that "Itchy Watch" is digging himself deeper, and deeper, into an evil hole.
of blindness, that he may once again return to the light of Thy Love. In Jesus name, do we pray.
Once again folks, I am so sorry that you are being treated so poorly by the constant attacks of "Itchy Watch". You do not deserve any of the venom you are receiving. And all of this stemmed
Dominus Vobiscum
Thank you Bruser. And yes it's hard to believe this all started when Toni wished Jim a Happy 60th Birthday and Anthony went nuts over that!
Wishing you a great Memorial Day weekend.
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Bruser wrote:
Today bring to Me the Souls of Priests and Religious,
and immerse them in My unfathomable mercy. It was they who gave me strength to endure My bitter Passion. Through them as through channels My mercy flows out upon mankind."
Most Merciful Jesus, from whom comes all that is good, increase Your grace in men and women consecrated to Your service,* that they may perform worthy works of mercy; and that all who see them may glorify the Father of Mercy who is in heaven.
Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the company of chosen ones in Your vineyard -- upon the souls of priests and religious; and endow them with the strength of Your blessing. For the love of the Heart of Your Son in which they are enfolded, impart to them Your power and light, that they may be able to guide others in the way of salvation and with one voice sing praise to Your boundless mercy for ages without end. Amen.
Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/novena....
somhe's trying to shut you down ? The man is a complete loon. His animosity stems for somewhere deep in his soul. Who know why. Must have some real unsolved issues. Maybe he was bullied as a kid and sees himself as a victim so he tries to act out on these forums? He is really disturbed deep in his soul. Pray for his family also.

Frank
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Lou Gia wrote:
<quoted text>
And especially to talk to women that way? Not right, not right at all for a real man to do. Just ask the guys at the Men's Club!
yea, where he's offering advice on "how to be a better family man through reading the scriptures?". laughable.(:
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Dominus Vobiscum
bizarre behavior and getting worse day by day.
Have a great weekend. GOD BLESS AMERICA

Frank

USN 1969-1971
Bruser

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Dominus Vobiscum
Don't you ever get tired of all that mental masturbation, Itchy?
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Lou Gia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Frank, He is inadequate, frustrated, probably whipped ar home and takes it out on others. A loser bully.
A cursing Catholic.
Keep praying for Anthony the EM!
Hope to see you Sunday!
Lou
Hey Lou, haven't heard from you in a while. How's everything in the A***ole Club?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,461 - 6,480 of7,778
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Hicksville Forum right now

Search the Hicksville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
New Hyde Park Woman Arrested for Using Illegall... 1 hr walkerwilliam91 1
Cyrus cancels Foxwoods show 1 hr shakey 1
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 14 hr Get real 6,195
Man Arrested for Trespassing at Walt Whitman High Tue Jane Q Public 1
Debate: Health Care - Massapequa Park, NY (Jan '10) Tue Bruser 1,451
Review: Nassour Hess Inc (Nov '12) Apr 20 Steve 4
Teen Drug Overdoses in Syosset (Dec '10) Apr 20 Frankie Ariola 8
•••

Fire Warning for Nassau County was issued at April 24 at 2:23PM EDT

•••
•••

Hicksville News Video

•••
Hicksville Dating

more search filters