KARE

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

could anyone tell me a good church to attend in hickman my family and i would like to make a start
Jim

Ruston, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

What religion
Enlightened

West Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

I commend you on your decision. I won't make a recommendation on a church but encourage you to remember a church is far more than a building. Don't make a choice on convienent location, a new building, social acceptance, the best family life center, or the most comfortable pews. Look around a little and make your choice on the biblical description of a "church". Many people are convinced they are going to the right church but the bible tells us the way is narrow and few there be that find it. TO learn Gods way you must study the bible and follow Gods word. I wish you Gods love and am certain he will guide you to the "church" you desire if you ask him for his help.
Be Thankful

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

Enlightened couldn't have said it any better. As long as you study God's word and attend services in his house you can't go wrong. God bless you and your family.
KAL

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

there are many churches to choose from in Hickman.
Talk to the Hand

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

Yes ! there are more Churches in Hickman than a person could imagine and is just waiting for people like you to fill the seats SUNDAY AND Wednesday come right on in and join in on the word of GOD !
peace

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

Kal,seems like no one wants to invite you personally to their church,so let me be the first. 1714 Marr st, hickman. be ready for some good hard truth and a good time.
Waass up

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

What about churches in Samburg? Anyone recommend a good church?
Zebra

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

I believe in God and all of his creations but as I have gotten older I have noticed that there are some hypocrites in some churches. Now I'm not saying everyone is, there are a lot of good honest people in churches. But at the same time I see some people who attend almost every Sunday but when they are not in church it's almost as if they're a complete different person. I hate to sound judgemental but it's hard not to notice it when I see it with my own eyes. I simply cannot figure out how some people go to church and act like they do no wrong and then turn around and do te complete opposite. I just find it hard to go to church now because honestly it just makes me uncomfortable knowing what's going on sometimes.
Spam

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2009

Zebra wrote:
I believe in God and all of his creations but as I have gotten older I have noticed that there are some hypocrites in some churches. Now I'm not saying everyone is, there are a lot of good honest people in churches. But at the same time I see some people who attend almost every Sunday but when they are not in church it's almost as if they're a complete different person. I hate to sound judgemental but it's hard not to notice it when I see it with my own eyes. I simply cannot figure out how some people go to church and act like they do no wrong and then turn around and do te complete opposite. I just find it hard to go to church now because honestly it just makes me uncomfortable knowing what's going on sometimes.
I look at it like this don't let others make a impact on you at church you go because that message maybe just for you ,Don,t worry about the others take care of your connection first with God ,Don't leave there Might be a miracle for you to receive ,Don't let the Devil reflect on you thats just what he wants, But you know the church is just for a sinner no matter what a sin is a sin no matter how you look at it no sin is greater r less the all are equal but the one that you can't take back is when you take you're own life .
KAL

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2009

peace wrote:
Kal,seems like no one wants to invite you personally to their church,so let me be the first. 1714 Marr st, hickman. be ready for some good hard truth and a good time.
Thanks peace but I have a church I go to every weekend.
peace

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

so sorry, my post was for Kare.Also, I once had a problem with hypocrites and such. But the pastor told me this.,"you not only have to set with them in Church, but you have to love them my friend".Spam said it pretty close, you are going there for the sake of your soul and for your personal relationship with god. For your salvation and no other. the devil gose to church as much as anyone. Keep your eyes on Jesus and refuse to look at the negitive,it dosnt concern you. God will take care of it in his own time.And pray for that person, they need Gods help.
Millie

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

West Baptist church is a great church. Bro. Jason Sipes is the best preacher around and he is really child oriented. Whether you have children or not, I think you will really be impressed with his preaching.You will never doze off listening to his sermon. I can't say enough good things about him and the church.
Been There

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

peace wrote:
When was the last time you were there Peace?
country girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

You know Union City isn't too far down the road. Might I suggest you add 2nd Baptist to your lists of churches to visit. Bro. Eddie is great. He is humble and good and knows the Bible.
peace

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

I was there two weeks ago but i really need to be there every time the door opens for what God has done for me and my family. My excuse is staying home takeing care of my wife, but I think that Id better not use that excuse too much, as i guess that I could have made it to church and left her for awhile.Been there, you got me didnt you...
Cindy

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

Millie wrote:
West Baptist church is a great church. Bro. Jason Sipes is the best preacher around and he is really child oriented. Whether you have children or not, I think you will really be impressed with his preaching.You will never doze off listening to his sermon. I can't say enough good things about him and the church.
West Baptist is a very good church. Bro. Jason is very knowledgeable on the Bible and very dynamatic in his preaching. There are also some very good childrens classes and activities which are geared to young ones. Please give it a try. You won't be sorry. Your family are very welcome and would be received with loving and open arms.
peace

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

KAL , when was the last time that you were there? Regular member? Just wondering.
peace

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

see, I messed that last post up, it was ment for Been There. sorry... by the way, I made it Wensday night. did i see you?
Been There

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

It was 1984

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of70
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hickman Discussions

Search the Hickman Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min tree 146,065
fulton car care 4 hr jason 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 4 hr dodo 81,563
thea vincent vowell 8 hr guest 6
Royal Ridge 8 hr Whoa 6
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 10 hr Ricky Noya 16,114
Hickman Pyramid 13 hr Craaaazy 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hickman Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hickman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE