Corrupt Cops

Horton, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

He killed a drug dog, you really think they're gonna do anything to him for speeding in a school zone?!?!
BBA

Spring Hill, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Are you on drugs??? The current Sheriff is an ass. I've never been in any kind of trouble, not even a ticket. I've just known him for awhile & can't stand him or his wife.
Question wrote:
What is so wrong with the current Sheriff that this stuff needs to be posted ?????
are you on drugs

Highland, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

BBA wrote:
Are you on drugs??? The current Sheriff is an ass. I've never been in any kind of trouble, not even a ticket. I've just known him for awhile & can't stand him or his wife.
<quoted text>
I've known them almost my whole life and if you are a decent person he will treat you as such. the subject of this blog wouldn't know how to pour piss out of his shoe!
doing great

Everest, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Judged:

Corey is one of the best deputy working at Brown county!! which is one of the BEST departments in the state! Any Sheriffs Departmnet in the state would be lucky to have Deputy lay as their SHERIFF! Stray on track Corey your doing a GREAT JOB!
Wtf

Wathena, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Judged:

John Merchant is a great sheriff as well as a great person. So is his wife. Anyone saying any different must not have the pleasure of personally knowing them.

Since: Jun 09

Hiawatha

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

All I can add is someone must have pointed out the threads on this forum because I have noticed that MOST of the law enforcement in Hiawatha & Brown County are starting to use their lights and sirens when responding to calls.

I am glad they made this decision. The purpose behind the law was it gives law enforcement a tool, & it protects the public.

Good job Hiawatha & Brown County! Keep it up.

George Mattson
Hiawatha, KS
new in town

Hiawatha, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2010

So BBA, exactly what has this Sheriff and his wife done or not done that you don't like them? Do you really even know them both? I moved into town earlier this year and have gotten to know both of them, and am just wondering what I am missing here. Neither one have done anything to me or that I have seen wrong so far. They both work at jobs that make them visible in the community and I see them out and about and have never observed anything they are doing as illegal or wrong.
Snooki Revis

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2010

KS_Referee wrote:
The purpose behind the law was it gives law enforcement a tool,
What tool, lights and sirens they already had?
dog lover

Denton, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Judged:

well I see deputy Cori lay has his picture on the front page of the paper with his next victim.... the next dog that he will either hurt or kill
Ticketed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

I have rec'd a ticket from Sheriff Merchant when he was a city officer. I still think the changes he has made are good further county. I hold no grudge, infact, we joke about it now. He is the RIGHT man for the job. Thanks go to him for being a stand up man.
Nice town

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

There have been a lot of great changes made!
Mammy Yoakam

Hiawatha, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

hfffb wrote:
<quoted text>
And a sandwich in the other.
MEOW hehehehe...
Almighty Joe Revis

Auburn, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Judged:

LOL LOL what a joke!
Yes

Everest, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Wtf wrote:
John Merchant is a great sheriff as well as a great person. So is his wife. Anyone saying any different must not have the pleasure of personally knowing them.
John Merchant and his wife are good people. Those that say shit of them are just stupid and dumb.They just don't like it becuz he is making a difference whether you want to admit it or not. He has got alot done since he been in office. Bitch and gripe all you want of him and his staff cuz they going to slam your ass in jail next or you have been there already? Layoff John Merchant. I advise John Merchant keep up the great work and put it to the damn people when you get a chance.Shut the damn gossip and complaining bullshitters up quick.
Legalwise

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

Judged:

I don't know anything about Cory Lay but I do know that there is wide spreed abuse going on in the jail with the Max inmates. They are being denied there rights.
there is a guard that has been screaming in their faces and calling them stupid trying to get them to get mad so they look violent.

The prisoners are not being violent and they have nothing to use against them in court so they are and have been tormenting them calling them names not allowing grevenc's and playing games with their mail.
These types of things are cruel and unusual punishment and abuse of power by a jailer. The prisoners have asked to see the sheriff but he will not see them either. What kind of a mini prison are they running when they are allowed to act above the law and get no punishment for it. That is why they have people in jail because they act above the law but it is OK for them?

What does anyone else think on this subject should this be allowed in our county treating prisoners or others in the community unjust? I think it needs to stop?
Homeys

Alma, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

Judged:

Legalwise wrote:
I don't know anything about Cory Lay but I do know that there is wide spreed abuse going on in the jail with the Max inmates. They are being denied there rights.
there is a guard that has been screaming in their faces and calling them stupid trying to get them to get mad so they look violent.
The prisoners are not being violent and they have nothing to use against them in court so they are and have been tormenting them calling them names not allowing grevenc's and playing games with their mail.
These types of things are cruel and unusual punishment and abuse of power by a jailer. The prisoners have asked to see the sheriff but he will not see them either. What kind of a mini prison are they running when they are allowed to act above the law and get no punishment for it. That is why they have people in jail because they act above the law but it is OK for them?
What does anyone else think on this subject should this be allowed in our county treating prisoners or others in the community unjust? I think it needs to stop?
I think I'd have to know where you came up with all this stuff before I'd form any kind of opinion.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2011

Jaimie wrote:
<quoted text>Why didn't you file a complaint with his boss instead of reporting it here? It's not like anyone reading this can do anything about it.
Vote for Corey!!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2011

HOLD THE PHONE!!!! Did I miss something? I thought Corey was fired and herding pigs. Did I not get the latest paper?
Legalwise

Kingston, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2011

My info came from a good source at the jail but I won't revel the source whether it be guard or guarded but it happened and other thing like it as well. This new mini prison is not a good idea it give these guards
that have never had power over anyone power on the prisoners and they abuse it because no one corrects them when they get out of line. Also who is monitoring the guards someone should be obviously.

“Dont talk about it be about it”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

bipolarstar wrote:
HOLD THE PHONE!!!! Did I miss something? I thought Corey was fired and herding pigs. Did I not get the latest paper?
You're a moron. It's best you just say nothing at all Kat. It's better if you just sit back and remember how pathetic you are. Leave the discussions to the people who don't have a bias opinion about law enforcement. I was actually starting to enjoy not seeing your bullshit for a few days.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hiawatha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? 4 hr response 177
Keep one word, add one word 5 hr erlikclary 1,039
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) Fri MSRose 202
Reservation Laws (Mar '13) Fri Helms-enator 43
Exibitionists Fri eric clary 4
Anyone know Jessica Manlove Fri eric clary 6
Does the Hepatitis "A" and "B" prove Non-Native... Fri eric clary 4

Search the Hiawatha Forum:
•••
•••