2 teens killed in Harbor City drive-by

Nov 28, 2011 Full story: The Daily Breeze 51

David Jonathan Escobar and Jorge Luis Rodriguez, both 16, were walking on a sidewalk at Senator Avenue and 254th Street around 5:30 p.m. Sunday, when a dark SUV rolled up and someone inside fired several rounds from a handgun, according to police.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WeLoveYou

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Nov 28, 2011
U will always be in our hearts and u will never be forgotten<3
Ur in a better place now looking out for the rest<3
WeMissYou

United States

#2 Nov 28, 2011
I love you jorgie , I can't believe this is true ! Your gone but never forgotten ! RestInParadiseBaby!<3
Thomas Renteria

United States

#3 Nov 28, 2011
All I Could Say Is To Young And Too Soon. Rest In Peace. Much Love:(...
Stephanie Soto

Glendale, CA

#5 Nov 28, 2011
You will forever be in our hearts,, we miss and love you both,, may you guys R.I.P,, when you die young, your memorie will forever stay young in our minds,, Jorgie,, "Keep your head up." ill see you soon up in heaven </3
pauline

United States

#6 Nov 28, 2011
May the angels both lead you the way to the pearly white gates..
My condolences goes out to both the Family.. No one should ever have to go thru something like this..
Much Love and Respect to The Escobar Family
Hxc

San Pedro, CA

#7 Nov 28, 2011
R.i.p Jorgie n David for evr in our hearts gone but never forgotten we will miss you guys much love young homiesk
SP Landlord

United States

#9 Nov 28, 2011
What gang where they in?
How were they dressed, shaved heads?
SP Landlord

United States

#10 Nov 28, 2011
Carwash this coming weekend?
JORGIE AND DAVID RIPEACE

Anaheim, CA

#11 Nov 28, 2011
RESTk IN PEACE MY BOY JORGIE GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN ND TO DAVID RESTk IN PEACE I WILL MISS YOU BOTH NOW UR BOTH UP THERE WITH TIKI SAVE ME A SPOT UP THERE.
OUR CHILDREN

Carson, CA

#13 Nov 28, 2011
There are no words that can express our hurt today,Our children being taken one by one ,what can we do to stop this. Today WE Should PRAY, come together as a community and stop this from being able to continue on and on..My heart goes to anyone that has lost a loved in this way, Its so hurtful to realize that humans can act like savages, without any reason. It dosent matter what you wear,or you have no hair Its a HUMAN life,A child... remember that no matter who it is, They are our Children and our Brothers, and Fathers they are US... May god bless Us and give US strength to get thru these sad days to follow..
God bless and love forever in our hearts..
SP Landlord

United States

#14 Nov 28, 2011
OUR CHILDREN wrote:
There are no words that can express our hurt today,Our children being taken one by one ,what can we do to stop this. Today WE Should PRAY, come together as a community and stop this from being able to continue on and on..My heart goes to anyone that has lost a loved in this way, Its so hurtful to realize that humans can act like savages, without any reason. It dosent matter what you wear,or you have no hair Its a HUMAN life,A child... remember that no matter who it is, They are our Children and our Brothers, and Fathers they are US... May god bless Us and give US strength to get thru these sad days to follow..
God bless and love forever in our hearts..
Suggestion for parents - control your teenage kids, do not let them dress like gang members or shave their heads .. stop embracing barrio sociology and being co enablers. Usually the case of bad parents and loser kids.
OUR CHILDREN

Carson, CA

#15 Nov 28, 2011
Whoever you are You need to be respectful, These children Were NOT IN GANGS, maybe you need to remember that,when your walking on your own block 5pm on a sunday afternoon you should not be feared of being hurt.. You have no right to judge anyone's parenting especially if you do not know them , usually the case of a bitter ugly person...what gives you the right to judge, YOUR very insensitive and maybe you should get out there and be a help, not giving out suggestions for any parent tht lost there child.... you need prayer...
SP Landlord

United States

#16 Nov 28, 2011
OUR CHILDREN wrote:
Whoever you are You need to be respectful, These children Were NOT IN GANGS, maybe you need to remember that,when your walking on your own block 5pm on a sunday afternoon you should not be feared of being hurt.. You have no right to judge anyone's parenting especially if you do not know them , usually the case of a bitter ugly person...what gives you the right to judge, YOUR very insensitive and maybe you should get out there and be a help, not giving out suggestions for any parent tht lost there child.... you need prayer...
We always hear that Mijo was not in a gang. It is interesting that many of these posters on this forum who claim to know the victims, use gang moinickers and parlance. Care to explain that one. Also, did either 16 year old victim have a shaved head?
Teacher

Gardena, CA

#17 Nov 28, 2011
SP Landlord wrote:
<quoted text>
We always hear that Mijo was not in a gang. It is interesting that many of these posters on this forum who claim to know the victims, use gang moinickers and parlance. Care to explain that one. Also, did either 16 year old victim have a shaved head?
Actually, I did know them. I was one of their teachers. They were pretty decent kids. Beautiful smiles and great personalities. They didn't go by any other names than their own. Sometimes, I have seen kids that take the path that you are talking about, but not in this case. Oh, by the way let this teacher educate you a little (you obviously need it). Just because someone has a shaved head does not mean they are in a gang. Perfect examples.... Olympic swimmers, Football players, wrestlers, or even cancer patients. OR when a family member had cancer, all the men shaved their heads in support. Bottom line... Don't judge. You are obviously missing some pertinent information. This just makes you look ignorant. We need a more educated, compassionate society. Thoughts go out to the family and friends of these young men.
Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

#18 Nov 29, 2011
Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I did know them. I was one of their teachers. They were pretty decent kids. Beautiful smiles and great personalities. They didn't go by any other names than their own. Sometimes, I have seen kids that take the path that you are talking about, but not in this case. Oh, by the way let this teacher educate you a little (you obviously need it). Just because someone has a shaved head does not mean they are in a gang. Perfect examples.... Olympic swimmers, Football players, wrestlers, or even cancer patients. OR when a family member had cancer, all the men shaved their heads in support. Bottom line... Don't judge. You are obviously missing some pertinent information. This just makes you look ignorant. We need a more educated, compassionate society. Thoughts go out to the family and friends of these young men.
These guys were in a gang. No one just gets shot for nothing most of the time. You are a teacher?! LOL. The LAUSD is not too demanding.
2morristhecat

Milford, TX

#19 Nov 29, 2011
Those kids were not in gangs I know both of them were respectful,. Now a days gangs just shoot anyone to prove a point. Please kep their names out of your mouth.
OUR CHILDREN

Carson, CA

#20 Nov 29, 2011
I truly feel ashamed that people like morris and landlord hater, are walking along this life posting crap like this reagarding children.. They were children,perhaps people like you are have never lost anyone to a senseless crime as of these, bottom line is that our children that play and lived in this city are being gunned down, regardless of any fowl play it is allowed, and we are extremely concerned over our place residence and the rest of the children that are hispanic decent and growing in the community... these kids are being killed because they are mexican-american or resemble that. I knew that last killing as he too was a boy.. wonderful close family and again 5 months later just to happen again.. these children have no idea what a gang is and are innocent victims of a cruel and inhumane world. I would very much appreciate ,you just keep your opinions to yourselves at this time.. If your truly concerned about gangs and these boys get involved be a child advocate and make a change for our growing babies.. i really hope that you understand, that again chilren do not need to be hurt in their own back yards.. I could see if they were looking for trouble BUT THEY CAME TO KILL SOMEONE AND THEY DID...
mirna lundez

Phoenix, AZ

#21 Nov 29, 2011
Too young to go up to heaven but only god knows why he took you guys jorgie n david. May you guys RIP for those persons who didn't get to know you we missed out on some great kids. I dnt care or judge nobody or say they were dressed like gangbangers. All I say. Is they were too young to go. I pray for the families involved n hope thaat god gives them the strength thrue. This hard times. God bless everyone
Jackson

Westminster, CA

#22 Nov 29, 2011
This is terrible news, unfortunately it happens too often. Can more be done by schools like in homeroom an instructor can talk about do's and don'ts in life. Example, 1) don't play grab ass or texting when crossing the street, be aware of traffic. 2) Don't hang out on street corners in day or night, it makes you an easy target. 3) When driving your car don't be so lay back by putting your seat in a reclining position when driving and put the ipods down, you can't hear sirens with music blasting in your ears. 4) Wearing you pants below your ass when looking for a job doesn't help. 5) Shaved heads tatoos, body language, overal messy appearance never helps when you get stpped by tghe cops. These are just a few simple hints that can save your life and alot of drama.
Jackson

Westminster, CA

#23 Nov 29, 2011
2morristhecat wrote:
Those kids were not in gangs I know both of them were respectful,. Now a days gangs just shoot anyone to prove a point. Please kep their names out of your mouth.
Are you sure? just watch for comments made by "gang members" and "friends" of these two young men. Those of us who doubt what you say will stay silent for a while then reply to the homies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hermosa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Downtown Manhattan Beach 30 min Bently 4
Redondo Beach Councilman Aust proposes smoking ... (Jun '12) Oct 15 Wolfman 2
Hesperia chiropractor has helped babies, disabl... Sep 25 Chiropractor from... 4
Hermosa Beach California Parking Ticket Scams (Oct '10) Sep '14 Donna 9
Parrots Cause Blackout in Beach Cities (Dec '13) Sep '14 Sacred Trey II 2
OinkSM Secret Sauce Patent Issued Aug '14 JasonTT 1
Manhunt is on for owners of Hermosa Beach's Clu... (Oct '09) Jul '14 Arcadiao 162

Hermosa Beach News Video

Hermosa Beach Dating
Find my Match

Hermosa Beach Jobs

Hermosa Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hermosa Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hermosa Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]