Henryville woman jailed, accused of molesting boys

A Henryville woman is accused of molesting two 12-year-old boys she knew from church and that her husband reportedly coached in a youth football league. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shocked

Jeffersonville, IN

#1 Mar 21, 2009
I have known this family for years and was totally shocked to find what had happened...The husband is a good christian man with good morals. Now the community has treated the husband as if he was involved. All I can say is don't blame him and his gorgeous little girls...The truth will come out.

God Bless her because she will need it when she is in the slammer!!
OMG

United States

#2 Mar 21, 2009
This is such a shock to me as well.
I hope they throw her under the jail with no way out. If he wasn't involved how could he not know something went on?
See this is why I don't go to church. Hypocrites.(spelling?)
Saddened

Summerfield, FL

#3 Mar 22, 2009
I can't understand why two 12 year olds would not have the presence of mind to report this abuse sooner. If we can not trust our children in the care of other Mothers, who in the world can we trust? Perhaps there are hypocrites in church but God is always there and his teachings are what is important here. To blame the church is helping the Devil. This is so sad.
UNKNOWN

United States

#4 Mar 22, 2009
I KNEW THE FAMILY VERY WELL TOO I THOUGHT!!!!!!! HOW CAN THE MOTHER OF THE CHILDREN TRUST SOMEONE AGAIN AFTER THIS. THE MOTHERS OF THE CHIDREN ARE NOT TO BLAME SHE WAS DEFINITELY THE PREDATOR. THE HUSBAND KNOWS MORE THAN WHAT HE IS TELLING. THEY BOTH SHOULD ROT IN JAIL. I DO NOT CARE HOW CHRISTIAN YOU ARE LOOK AT THE CATHOLICS!!!!!!! JUST BECAUSE THEY WENT TO CHURCH JUST MEANS THEY ARE ALL HIPOCRITS. GOD WILL HELP THESE CHILDREN & THE PARENTS OF THESE CHILDREN GOD BLESS YOU TOO. WE ALL WILL PRAY FOR YOU
UNKNOWN

Orland Park, IL

#5 Mar 23, 2009
Saddened wrote:
I can't understand why two 12 year olds would not have the presence of mind to report this abuse sooner. If we can not trust our children in the care of other Mothers, who in the world can we trust? Perhaps there are hypocrites in church but God is always there and his teachings are what is important here. To blame the church is helping the Devil. This is so sad.
THESE 2 BOYS WERE PROBABLY EMBARASSED & GROSSED OUT BY THIS. THE CHURCH IS A WONDERFUL CHURCH.
saddened by this

Orland Park, IL

#6 Mar 23, 2009
Shocked wrote:
I have known this family for years and was totally shocked to find what had happened...The husband is a good christian man with good morals. Now the community has treated the husband as if he was involved. All I can say is don't blame him and his gorgeous little girls...The truth will come out.
God Bless her because she will need it when she is in the slammer!!
Just because the husband went to church does not mean anything. his wife was a church goer too. you will all find out the truth soon!!!!!!!!!!
Justin

Lebanon, KY

#7 Mar 23, 2009
i am family to the one of the boys and i can tell u this now. it did happen and it is sick, we trusted this woman, she acted like she was just trying to be mother like, when the whole time she was just be a nasty and horrible woman that liked to molest little boys, i don't know if the husband knew but honestly how could this happen in front of your eyes and u NOT KNOW IT!!! i just hope their 2 girls are looked after by kind and caring people it isn't their fault that their mother is nasty. JUST TO LET ALL OF U KNOW!!! YOU ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW, BUT IF U KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IT HAPPENED THEN GUESS WHAT SHE IS GUILTY, I DONT CARE HOW MUCH YOU SAY YOU KNOW HER, APPARENTLY YOU DON'T, IF YOU HAVE KIDS YOU MIGHT WANT TO ASK THEM.
Now I know

United States

#8 Mar 23, 2009
IF anyone bails this piece if sh*& out of jail I will be MAKING A TRIP to Clark County!!!!
TRUST me when I say this BITC# will not ever see daylight!

I have never been so disgusted as I AM NOW!!!!!!!!
This pedophile had better stay behind bars!
I will BE THERE in AUGUST for her TRIAL!!!
I HAVE 3 CHILDREN

Bloomington, IL

#9 Mar 24, 2009
When the young boys came forward, I'm sure it was embarrasing & humiliating. It breaks my heart that these boys have to go through this. I would have to investigate the husband in this. rumor has it he knew something about it. Don't let the pitiful eyes get you, it did us too. He is backing his wife 100% is it because he is scared she may tell on him. time will tell. If the rumor is true he belongs next to her. Why should he be walking around acting as if nothing has happened? I DO NOT want to hear OHHHH he would never do anything like that he is a good man BS!!!! He just has no concience. Also why would you put your house up for sale? Why would you try to skip town? Where are the kids oh yeh who knows!!!!! I pray every night for these families(the victims) the devil has already taken grangers soul.
Saddened

Summerfield, FL

#10 Mar 24, 2009
violence would only add to the inappropriate adult behavior the children have already been exposed to. I'm certain a jury of her peers will punish this woman. I still believe, on a whole, our society consists of decent people. If guilty, she is a demented, vulger, woman, whose own children will bear the grief of her actions.
Football Mom

Unadilla, GA

#11 Mar 25, 2009
My family has been very upset regarding this news. My son was (is) coached by Mr. Granger. We know this family very well. Please pray for all of them. We also know the boys. Please pray for them and their families too! This news has rocked our small community and our hearts are broken.

I don't want to believe that Sheila has done these things but I have to be realistic.
hate to tell ya

United States

#12 Mar 26, 2009
But he knew it as well. I really feel for their 2 girls and the victims.
I hope and pray that the children are able to get the proper help that they WILL need.
Borderline

United States

#13 Mar 26, 2009
"I would have to investigate the husband in this. rumor has it he knew something about it. Don't let the pitiful eyes get you, it did us too. He is backing his wife 100% is it because he is scared she may tell on him. time will tell. If the rumor is true he belongs next to her. Why should he be walking around acting as if nothing has happened? I DO NOT want to hear OHHHH he would never do anything like that he is a good man BS!!!! He just has no concience. Also why would you put your house up for sale? Why would you try to skip town? Where are the kids oh yeh who knows!!!!! I pray every night for these families(the victims) the devil has already taken grangers soul."

I don't even know any of the people involved in this "scandal" so I am not here defending anyone or their actions.(My sincere sympathy to the victims and their families.)

However, you sound like a total nutcase in this post. You have no facts backing up what you are claiming. You admit yourself that everything you are saying is based on rumors yet you accept them as fact when questioning the husband's motives.

As for not knowing where the kids are... it is not any of your business (or mine) where his children are but my guess would be that perhaps they are somewhere that they don't have to be subjected to this public ridicule? You make it sound like they are being held captive in a cave.

Stop with all the drama. It sounds like this situation is bad enough in itself without people like you adding fuel to the fire.

Geez...I truly hope Henryville is not abounding with people like you or I will need to put my house up for sale as well.

WHATEVER

Chicago Heights, IL

#14 Apr 14, 2009
Just because someone goes to church does not make them good christians. It takes more than going to church to be a good christian. That church she attended was not all that great. The focus should be on the boys and the family of those boys. They need all the prayers they can get. Abuse is typically an ongoing cycle. The truth will come out if either or both of them are involved. Henryville is a small town full of people with nothing better to do then to gossip about each other. Everyone needs to leave the family alone and let them work through this. Everyone needs to mind their own business and let the investigators seek the truth. Everyone needs pray for the boys and their families as well as Sheila's family. I am sure her husband and children could use some prayers. If you are a true christian you prayer for Sheila and her husband regardless if they are both involved or not.
I HAVE 3 CHILDREN

United States

#15 Apr 15, 2009
Shocked wrote:
I have known this family for years and was totally shocked to find what had happened...The husband is a good christian man with good morals. Now the community has treated the husband as if he was involved. All I can say is don't blame him and his gorgeous little girls...The truth will come out.
God Bless her because she will need it when she is in the slammer!!
You will someday know the truth. I just wish everyone would stop feeling sorry for the husband. The girls have my prayers & so so the boys.
ColtsFan4Ever

Mountain View, CA

#16 May 16, 2009
Now I know wrote:
IF anyone bails this piece if sh*& out of jail I will be MAKING A TRIP to Clark County!!!!
TRUST me when I say this BITC# will not ever see daylight!
Just curious. Are you related to anyone involved in this?
That is an awful stong statement to make, and on the line of a threat. I would be careful. I understand the hatred for this women, trust me. I have no ties to the family, but to say you will make a trip to clark county just doesnt sound good. We can only hope the boys can overcome this and her kids as well. The only people suffering is the kids. I dont think the husband had anything to do with it.
To the ones bashing churches and being a hypocrit. Not all people are like this, so to blame the curch is just so stupid. I hope they lock her butt up and she stays there. Honestly I think all molesters should face the death penalty. If she would ever get out, she might try it again. They say people like that do not change.

Just stay calm and pray that justice is served. Everyone is very upset over this, but we all need to stay calm and see what happens. Is she really going to court in August? I have not seen any follow up stories on this.
whatever

Columbus, GA

#17 May 21, 2009
Borderline wrote:
"I would have to investigate the husband in this. rumor has it he knew something about it. Don't let the pitiful eyes get you, it did us too. He is backing his wife 100% is it because he is scared she may tell on him. time will tell. If the rumor is true he belongs next to her. Why should he be walking around acting as if nothing has happened? I DO NOT want to hear OHHHH he would never do anything like that he is a good man BS!!!! He just has no concience. Also why would you put your house up for sale? Why would you try to skip town? Where are the kids oh yeh who knows!!!!! I pray every night for these families(the victims) the devil has already taken grangers soul."
I don't even know any of the people involved in this "scandal" so I am not here defending anyone or their actions.(My sincere sympathy to the victims and their families.)
However, you sound like a total nutcase in this post. You have no facts backing up what you are claiming. You admit yourself that everything you are saying is based on rumors yet you accept them as fact when questioning the husband's motives.
As for not knowing where the kids are... it is not any of your business (or mine) where his children are but my guess would be that perhaps they are somewhere that they don't have to be subjected to this public ridicule? You make it sound like they are being held captive in a cave.
Stop with all the drama. It sounds like this situation is bad enough in itself without people like you adding fuel to the fire.
Geez...I truly hope Henryville is not abounding with people like you or I will need to put my house up for sale as well.
I do understand that most of Henryville is feeling sorry for Phil. I am hoping in the end you all find out what kind of person he is. Sheila is a MONSTER & he knew what was going on!!!!!! DO YOU REALLY THINK HE WILL TELL THE TRUTH, HE IS BACKING HER!!!!!! HE DESERVES TO BE PUNISHED TOO. UNFORTUNATELY I GUESS YOU CAN BE AWARE & SEE WHAT GOES ON BUT NEED NOT TO TELL ABOUT IT!!! THAT IS DISGUSTING!!! HE SHOULD NOT BE AROUND ANY CHILDREN!!! JUST BECAUSE HE DID NOT DO ANY OF THE ACTS HE STILL SHOULD HAVE TOLD THE PARENT!!!! I KNOW HE WAS PROBABLY AFRAID THAT THE MOM WOULD KICK HER A**!!!!! THE CHILD HAS TO WONDER WHY IS HE ABLE TO STILL BE WALKING THE STREETS & ALLOWED TO BE AROUND OTHER KIDS!! I GUESS THE SYSTEM ALLOWS DIRTY PEOPLE TO KEEP THESE DISGUSTING SECRETS & NOT BE PUNISHED!!! i JUST HOPE THAT JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED WITH HER! SHE DOES NOT DESERVE TO HAVE HER GIRLS. THEY ARE SWEET CHILDREN. I PRAY EVERY DAY THIS WILL JUST BE OVER!!! THESE BOYS ARE THE VICTIMS!!!!!!!!!
Professor Pat

Los Altos, CA

#19 May 22, 2009
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I do understand that most of Henryville is feeling sorry for Phil. I am hoping in the end you all find out what kind of person he is. Sheila is a MONSTER & he knew what was going on!!!!!! DO YOU REALLY THINK HE WILL TELL THE TRUTH, HE IS BACKING HER!!!!!! HE DESERVES TO BE PUNISHED TOO. UNFORTUNATELY I GUESS YOU CAN BE AWARE & SEE WHAT GOES ON BUT NEED NOT TO TELL ABOUT IT!!! THAT IS DISGUSTING!!! HE SHOULD NOT BE AROUND ANY CHILDREN!!! JUST BECAUSE HE DID NOT DO ANY OF THE ACTS HE STILL SHOULD HAVE TOLD THE PARENT!!!! I KNOW HE WAS PROBABLY AFRAID THAT THE MOM WOULD KICK HER A**!!!!! THE CHILD HAS TO WONDER WHY IS HE ABLE TO STILL BE WALKING THE STREETS & ALLOWED TO BE AROUND OTHER KIDS!! I GUESS THE SYSTEM ALLOWS DIRTY PEOPLE TO KEEP THESE DISGUSTING SECRETS & NOT BE PUNISHED!!! i JUST HOPE THAT JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED WITH HER! SHE DOES NOT DESERVE TO HAVE HER GIRLS. THEY ARE SWEET CHILDREN. I PRAY EVERY DAY THIS WILL JUST BE OVER!!! THESE BOYS ARE THE VICTIMS!!!!!!!!!
Why is it that genetic catastrophes like yourself are allowed to breed and multiply? People with IQs under 75 should meet the same fate as those portrayed in the movie "Soylent Green."
Doesnt matter

Louisville, KY

#20 Nov 13, 2009
Guilty on all charges. It didnt take the Jury long to decide this case, according to the news.
mom 76

Mchenry, IL

#21 Nov 21, 2009
WHATEVER wrote:
Just because someone goes to church does not make them good christians. It takes more than going to church to be a good christian. That church she attended was not all that great. The focus should be on the boys and the family of those boys. They need all the prayers they can get. Abuse is typically an ongoing cycle. The truth will come out if either or both of them are involved. Henryville is a small town full of people with nothing better to do then to gossip about each other. Everyone needs to leave the family alone and let them work through this. Everyone needs to mind their own business and let the investigators seek the truth. Everyone needs pray for the boys and their families as well as Sheila's family. I am sure her husband and children could use some prayers. If you are a true christian you prayer for Sheila and her husband regardless if they are both involved or not.
I would not ever pray for the Granger family!!!!!! NOT EVER

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UPS Drug Bust Scottsburg 1LB of METH FEDERAL 8 hr lexington in 4
Scott County jail (Mar '14) 8 hr lexington in 16
Erica stidham Theif 21 hr moo 4
Jamie Knowles Fri SuPpLe sOuSeR 8
word game. a ~2~ z (Mar '14) Fri -Lily- 361
dion newby? (Jan '12) Thu KEVIN HENDRIX 14
antisocial in Indiana Oct 22 KEVIN HENDIX 3
Henryville Dating
Find my Match

Henryville Jobs

Henryville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Henryville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Henryville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]