Comments
1 - 20 of 101 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Observer

Sallisaw, OK

#1 Aug 22, 2010
Was just wondering why I always see the city manager and CHief of Police out and about together. At lunch, working car wrecks and such?? I never saw this city manager in a police car with the last 2 Chiefs. So it makes me wonder, is the city manager running the PD? I'm not sure why Mr. Norman was even hired as Chief, don't get me wrong, he seems to be a nice guy. But has he ever even been a supervisor with any law enforcement agency? I'm sure there were more qualified applicants, but seeing these actions make me realize that the city manager may have hired himself a puppet so that he could run the PD. Also, is Mr. Eldridge still attempting to be the Fire Marshall for Henryetta as well? How can you be a city manager and still have time to complete the extensive classroom training needed for such a position. Does he really need to be involved in everything. Just seems to me like Henryetta has gone to a Dictatorship form of government. With one man pulling the strings on his puppets.. Seems like instead of running around in the police truck, Mr. Eldridge needs to be figuring out how to get these roads fixed and giving the people of this city dependable water service. The town has really become a dump. Half the roads are missing pavement, or patched so badly that a person can't use a nice vehicle anymore. The water isn't fit to drink, if you even have running water.. Yet, the people of Henryetta do nothing about it, you can ask for a different city manager, can't you? This is still a free country with certain expectations of your local,state and federal government isn't it? Just wondering how long the citizens are going to put up with this CROOK running the show?
Ginger

Okmulgee, OK

#2 Aug 22, 2010
Thats a good question, lets see maybe he is saving gas for the city by riding with someone to take a look at things in our city that need fixed. Maybe he is taking advice from someone else on things that need fixed that is on our streets all the time, or he could just be on his lunch break eating with someone from the city. How can it be wrong for him to involved in everything, if he rides out with fire or police then he knows first hand the things those departments may need to do their day to day jobs. Mr. Eldridge has been working on our water, just because you can't see it dosen't mean he isn't doing anything, and the roads you speak of well guess what, that is new water and sewer lines and they are fixing them as quikly as they can. The water situation is not Mr. Eldridges fault those line are forever old and they are just bursting from old age, none of your other city managers have fixed any water lines in so long, that they just happen to be messing up while he is holding that position so he is getting all the heat for things others never dealt with when they were city managers. So you are going to wine no matter what is being done. If you have a problem then go to your city council meeting and say something. Posting on here is not going to get your questions answered the way you want, go stand up and voice you questions and let them answer you.
As for our police chief, he has done a fantastic job in this city. Have you not seen the newspaper where the police department has busted several meth houses and people. I read the newspaper every week and read where they have arrested people for drugs. The Chief has been great for our city, I feel safe with this chief and his whole group of officers they are all trying to clean up our small community and they are doing a great job. I seen them along with the fire dept. helping a older lady that rides a wheelchair the other day, they loaded up her chair and took her home because her chair broke and it was so hot outside. People need to not run their mouth and make our city look bad when they don't know what is really going on. So I hope that more people post some of the good things about our city on here and not jump on your bitch bandwagon. Hope you have a great day Observer and find somtehing positive from this. God Bless you

(I don't work for our city, but would be proud to)
Observer

Sallisaw, OK

#3 Aug 23, 2010
So I guess you are Mrs. Eldridge?? Where can I buy the rose colored glasses through which you see things. Why did he not care so much about the city when Graffman or Cole were Chief? I never saw him riding or at lunch with either of those guys..But he cares so much about the city now?? Only because he now has a puppet that he can lead around.. I could go to a city council meeting, maybe I have just to see him skirt the questions. Or just handle it in an executive session-- yeah right. By the way, yall need to do something about your rent houses, slum lord!
Okie

Sallisaw, OK

#4 Aug 23, 2010
I agree, seems that Ginger has a special interest in Mr. Eldridge to be kissing up like that. He has been city manager for a few years now, the city is in no better shape than it was before. And yes, he is a slum lord. I have been in his rent house on Division< there is mold growing on the walls. his wife told the renters not to worry because it wasn't the harmful kind of mold, then gave them a spray bottle with bleach in it. All mold is harmful! Furthermore, most people that work for the city can't stand the man. The guys at the FD are so happy to get rid of him. Sad thing that they can't voice their opinions of him though. He will just have them fired, he threatens supervisors with their jobs just to get them to do what he wants. I was told that he promised Sam Remis the Chief position, but when it came time he gave the job to his friend that has zero experience even being a supervisor at a police dept. So why would he pass up a man that was already working for the PD with years of experience for someone with none? Because they are friends and he can manipulate Mr. Norman.. Kinda wish the city would go to a Mayor run type of government and lets just see if he could get elected.. But that won't happen, so he will just sit there and play God to this city. It's a shame, but I guess it's his only outlet since his wife runs the show at home. My only hope is to improve my financial situation so that I can move my family away from this place. But hey, this city is so great that the city manager doesn't even live within the city limits..That ought to tell people something. But at least he's got at least one friend Ginger!!
hey stupid

Tulsa, OK

#5 Aug 23, 2010
Observer wrote:
Was just wondering why I always see the city manager and CHief of Police out and about together. At lunch, working car wrecks and such?? I never saw this city manager in a police car with the last 2 Chiefs. So it makes me wonder, is the city manager running the PD? I'm not sure why Mr. Norman was even hired as Chief, don't get me wrong, he seems to be a nice guy. But has he ever even been a supervisor with any law enforcement agency? I'm sure there were more qualified applicants, but seeing these actions make me realize that the city manager may have hired himself a puppet so that he could run the PD. Also, is Mr. Eldridge still attempting to be the Fire Marshall for Henryetta as well? How can you be a city manager and still have time to complete the extensive classroom training needed for such a position. Does he really need to be involved in everything. Just seems to me like Henryetta has gone to a Dictatorship form of government. With one man pulling the strings on his puppets.. Seems like instead of running around in the police truck, Mr. Eldridge needs to be figuring out how to get these roads fixed and giving the people of this city dependable water service. The town has really become a dump. Half the roads are missing pavement, or patched so badly that a person can't use a nice vehicle anymore. The water isn't fit to drink, if you even have running water.. Yet, the people of Henryetta do nothing about it, you can ask for a different city manager, can't you? This is still a free country with certain expectations of your local,state and federal government isn't it? Just wondering how long the citizens are going to put up with this CROOK running the show?
wow how long u been helpin this guy whack off
hey stupid

Tulsa, OK

#6 Aug 23, 2010
whoops meant that for ginger ...sorry
Ginger

Okmulgee, OK

#7 Aug 23, 2010
Hey stupid, I take it thats you name. I am so glad I gave you something to make nasty comments on pig! and as for the other comments I have not need to kiss his rear, and NO i'm not his wife and for whatever reason you all have decided to pick on me is beyond me. I was just stating some good things, you people don't even try to see that not everything is at it appears. I understand that you may not agree with me, but I just posted what I thought you don't have to like it. I will not be returning to this forum. Have a great day and may god bless you.
noj

Okmulgee, OK

#8 Aug 24, 2010
I disagree with you Ginger, Ive seen convicted felons help old people in a time of need. Our police cheif doesnt hear everyone without a bias opinion even when his officers make mistakes.Our officer are trying to generate money from the poor to keep us down.Even though our unemployment is in top 5 most of time.Our DAs would like to have highest conviction rate in oklahoma.Just for bragging rights.Perhaps for money for retirement money for judges.You must be in closest how it work in okmulgee. I havent seen no meth bust lately! And its still a problem.
SLEEPLESS IN HENRYETTA

Claremore, OK

#9 Aug 24, 2010
Way to go okie I am so glad someone has relized that there is a lot of puppet shows going on in the city. Mr Eldridge does like being the puppet master and so does Mr Norman.. Half those guys at the police department would jump off a bridge if he told them to just to keep from making him mad or not being his buddy.. And about Sam Remis I did hear he was promised the job and was actually doing the job when Raymond decided (not the counci) to hire Norman. Guess he knew that Sam would not let Raymond run the department and play police with him. I do think Mr Norman is doing a good job I just feel the man with the most experience should have got the job.
hey stupid

Tulsa, OK

#10 Aug 24, 2010
whoopps did i catch in mid whack behind the truck stop
ME AGAIN

Tahlequah, OK

#11 Aug 28, 2010
ASK MR. REMIS ABOUT HIS WORK HISTORY WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS THEN SEE WHO WAS BETTER FOR THE JOB.

Since: Aug 10

Lawton, OK

#12 Aug 28, 2010
You people need to get a life. Read a book or something.
citizen of Henryetta

Okmulgee, OK

#13 Sep 5, 2010
What in blue blazes is wrong with the government in the city of Henryetta.From the city manager,police chief, most of our officers,council members,moyor,bacically all of city hall.Its very much time for a change.Our city has went down hill since Eldridge,Norman,mayor,council members and most of our police officers (there are 2or 3 good honest ones still there). Most all of the above mentioned certainly need too be replaced.Their all a joke.We would like to be proud of our city not embarressed to be from here.
just sayin

Okmulgee, OK

#14 Sep 6, 2010
There is a few people with influence in Henryetta that are hurting Okmulgee a well.A couple of judges
law man

Tahlequah, OK

#15 Sep 10, 2010
GINGER PLEASE COME BACK U SEXY BABE SOUNDS LIKE U LIKE IT ROUGH WHOO HOO
Get a Life

Okmulgee, OK

#16 Sep 13, 2010
haha not hard to figure that one out! JW
RHarjo

Tahlequah, OK

#17 Sep 16, 2010
You people should wise up! at least you could use your real name instead of cowering behind a key board and mouse. Check your facts before you spout off and really look at whats happenin for the good or are you all the ones who we here about in line for there handout. you on state aid? cause your basless comments show it. bunch a TARDS
W R Wilson

Tahlequah, OK

#18 Sep 16, 2010
After hearing of this site I thought I would take a look at what the community has to say. After reading the comments in this section I am dissapointed in the citizens of Henryetta my home town. The city appears in better shape than most in this economy. I do not know the city manager Mr. Eldridge personally but from what I see thing are being upgraded. If you do not see changes being made then maybe you should open your eyes. Now, having said that I did not like to see my water rates increase with such a giant leap. I understand rising cost but it seemed high. As far as the police chief goes, I have spoke to a few friends in Okmulgee who do know our chief. All spoke very highly of him and I did hear he was a supervisor at Okmulgee Police Department. In addition, the police in Henryetta seem much more involved than ever. I doubt we will every have FBI canadates working here but I think they are doing a much better job than forces from the past. I say to all the people who post only negative coments, why don't you take a little pride in you community? Poiting out a few shortcoming or just being negative to build yourselves up is foolish. Want to changes things? Run for city council! If you don't then just continue to be cowards(thanks for identifying that Mr. Harjo) and hide behind your fake computer names and make your idiotic coments about people you do not know. For our comunity leaders hang in there. I figure most of these people probably cant or wont even vote. BTW GO HENS!!!
rharjo

Tahlequah, OK

#19 Sep 16, 2010
Hens? must be some old dude. It is the Knights NOW!least hes positive about the Hens. and good to know atleast two of us arent TARDS
dawn

Piedmont, OK

#20 Sep 21, 2010
rharjo wrote:
Hens? must be some old dude. It is the Knights NOW!least hes positive about the Hens. and good to know atleast two of us arent TARDS
Old is right. And I believe it's been the henryetta knights for some time now.

Talk about time to move on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henryetta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 1 hr Jake 75,184
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Fri Gustoffl 2,631
Pension System "Rips Henryetta City Manager Ray... (Mar '13) Fri Citizen 28
Henryetta Police Officer Steve Watkins Fri Riverside Solo 3
Don't stay STUPID....Watch FOX NEWS. Hear the ... Aug 27 Johnny democrat 20
AMERICA is LOST thanks to YOU the smartest Amer... Aug 25 Johnny democrat 10
Dewar Administration salaries (Jan '13) Aug 21 ihds 36
•••
•••
•••

Henryetta Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••