just wow

Henderson, TX

#248 Aug 2, 2012
They call it like it is, IS he not a watermelon farmer,is Price not a Lt. for HPD, was Norris not a former Cheif Deputy. THey could have said Norris was a dump truck driver. Get real, they report and that is there jobs. I guess you could say he is an independent fruit producer.
native

Henderson, TX

#249 Aug 2, 2012
I don't mean official qualifications but there are some things the candidate should have skills and experience in to be sheriff. I'd vote a farmer to be a county commissioner. I wouldn't vote one to be sheriff.
ooolala

Henderson, TX

#250 Aug 2, 2012
Sheriff
State resident 12 mos
Dist resident 6 mos
Over 18
Other than that, no required qualifications
Info

Troup, TX

#251 Aug 2, 2012
KARMA wrote:
<quoted text>How funny "finishing this with a clean campaign"?? that is impossible to do at this point, the skeletons must be cleaned out of JP's closet because that is only fair the public has the right to know the background of the Republican Candidate that possibly could become Sheriff of Rusk County. He did put his "QUALIFICATIONS" out there, but the clean race that DN decided to stick to there was not, any past, or skeletons revealed on DN's part. All I am saying is the public has the right to know, Maybe it would be a lot better if JP would just explain all he has been accused of himself. And watch Mr. Still the JP camp has already started on you. Even I will apologize to you about them calling you a "Watermelon Farmer" in the HDN, who seem to be in the JP camp. I am sure you are very Qualified for the Sheriff and wish you the best along with JP.
Still is a watermelon farmer.
henderson native

Henderson, TX

#252 Aug 2, 2012
If you think calling someone a "watermelon farmer" is a derogatory term, you must not realize how lucrative watermelon farming can be in the state of Texas!
informed

Henderson, TX

#253 Aug 2, 2012
ooolala wrote:
Sheriff
State resident 12 mos
Dist resident 6 mos
Over 18
Other than that, no required qualifications
Texas Occupation Code
Sec. 1701.302. CERTAIN ELECTED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS; LICENSE REQUIRED.(a) An officer, including a sheriff, elected under the Texas Constitution or a statute or appointed to fill a vacancy in an elective office must obtain a license from the commission not later than the second anniversary of the date the officer takes office.(b) The commission shall establish requirements for issuing the license and for revocation, suspension, or denial of the license.(c) An officer to whom this section applies who does not obtain the license by the required date or does not remain licensed is incompetent and is subject to removal from office under Section 665.052, Government Code, or another removal statute.
Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 388, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1999.
Info

Plano, TX

#254 Aug 2, 2012
Not sure why someone thought my comment was mean. I was replying to Karma who seems to think the HDN was being mean by calling Still a watermelon farmer. The truth is he is a watermelon farmer. Nothing mean or clueless about that.
Henderson, TX

#255 Aug 3, 2012
Info wrote:
Not sure why someone thought my comment was mean. I was replying to Karma who seems to think the HDN was being mean by calling Still a watermelon farmer. The truth is he is a watermelon farmer. Nothing mean or clueless about that.
KARMA did not think it was mean for HDN to call Mr. Still a Watermelon farmer. You my friend are clueless if you cannot see where that the Newspaper , if not Bias could have worded the article a little different than just describing him as a Watermelon Farmer( of which is a noble profession) except because there are always people or persons like yourself and myself that will take something out of context and make a stupid argument out of it and others will then snip a portion of what we say and continue it until someone ends up getting their feelings hurt or a mean supporter will use it as a tool to mislead voters that are truly looking for truth in who the best candidate is for the job. Just trying to change a little of the mudslinging to positive conversation about the candidates and let the voters have their own voices with out bias being thrown in the ring.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#256 Aug 3, 2012
KARMA wrote:
<quoted text>KARMA did not think it was mean for HDN to call Mr. Still a Watermelon farmer. You my friend are clueless if you cannot see where that the Newspaper , if not Bias could have worded the article a little different than just describing him as a Watermelon Farmer( of which is a noble profession) except because there are always people or persons like yourself and myself that will take something out of context and make a stupid argument out of it and others will then snip a portion of what we say and continue it until someone ends up getting their feelings hurt or a mean supporter will use it as a tool to mislead voters that are truly looking for truth in who the best candidate is for the job. Just trying to change a little of the mudslinging to positive conversation about the candidates and let the voters have their own voices with out bias being thrown in the ring.
Maybe it's just me, but in reading your posts I definitely do NOT come away thinking "Wow, that was a positive conversation". Quite the opposite, to be honest.
Henderson, TX

#257 Aug 3, 2012
West Texas Beauty wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's just me, but in reading your posts I definitely do NOT come away thinking "Wow, that was a positive conversation". Quite the opposite, to be honest.
Is" just u "West Texas Beauty" more positive than any other comments made by any of the people I have been talking to.
Just saying

Rusk, TX

#258 Aug 19, 2012
Is it true that Jeff's wife use to work for the Henderson newspaper.
facts

Henderson, TX

#259 Aug 20, 2012
Heres the thing, and don't take this wrong. If you knew the Prices you would know the answer. And not just the spreading of rumors. I had questions, and I called them, also talked to the paper. My questions were answered. It may surprise some of you, if you would just do as I did. And stop the acqusations.
mean as hell

Henderson, TX

#261 Aug 20, 2012
you are a really mean person, and for someone representing the other person running, I would be ashamed. Mr Dunlap was well respected by Mr Price and I feel for his family having to read this, both Price and Dunlap. You really need to get over that your candidate did not win.
Karma is a

Waskom, TX

#262 Aug 20, 2012
KARMA wrote:
We can only hope that Sheriff Price will do us a favor and do what Fred Dunlap did.
You'll have to answer to a higher power one day for this statement. Hope you can explain your reasoning behind saying it. This statement makes you look like the lowest form of life, no matter what person you are supporting.
George P

Anonymous Proxy

#264 Aug 20, 2012
KARMA wrote:
We can only hope that Sheriff Price will do us a favor and do what Fred Dunlap did.
I can speak for everybody else. I would have to completely agree with your statement. BUT everybody knows that was NOT a suicide.
fan

Henderson, TX

#265 Aug 23, 2012
So G.P. what you are saying is you wish harm (death by shooting) to Price? That is a threat. It doesn not matter who you vote for, that is the lowest comment anyone could ever make.
You are

Prairie Village, KS

#267 Sep 1, 2012
George P wrote:
<quoted text>
I can speak for everybody else. I would have to completely agree with your statement. BUT everybody knows that was NOT a suicide.
I agree with you 100 percent. I hope he takes Fred's way out.
Hellbound

Laneville, TX

#268 Sep 2, 2012
You are wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a special place in hell for you. Enjoy the burn. There's no reason on earth to wish something this heinous on anyone wether you like them or not. You are immature and of lowly character for stating this.
Who woulda thunk

Henderson, TX

#269 Sep 2, 2012
Saw Mr. Still's ad in the paper and he talks about family and how he will work to keep our kids safe and of course that is a good thing. What bothers me is not the fact that he has zero experience in law enforcement or he is not a liscensed peace officer but how can he defend producing events where there are wet tshirt contests, dinking, drug use, multiple arrests, girls gone wild, and who knows what else. I don't see how that is an example of how to provide a good safe enviroment for our kids. Farming is an honorable occupation and we need them but promoting events such as the above are helping in no way at all to offer anything positive to our society. So if you are in doubt who to vote for in the general election in the sheriff's race think very carefully and I hope we all make the decison that is best for Rusk County. I really don't think if you really want the best for Rusk county the decision won't be difficult.
very low

Henderson, TX

#270 Sep 2, 2012
You are wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize you are threatening a peace officer and that is a felony? You are wishing him to kill himself by shooting. No matter who you vote for this is very low. My prayers to both candidates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 26 min Liberal forever 18,340
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 50 min Waco 1909 22,577
stubborn wives... 3 hr haha 3
What happened to China Cafe Tue donkeyshow 2
fast moms Tue Right 12
rusk county sheriff department only work four d... (Nov '10) Mon agree 39
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Gasman 566
•••
•••
•••

Henderson Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Henderson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Henderson