First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Curious

Henderson, TX

#1 Nov 6, 2008
I heard a rumor that a teacher was fired after she was approached by some individuals making remarks about the political sticker she had on her car. That's about all I've heard, has anyone else heard anything about this?
Whatever

Henderson, TX

#2 Nov 7, 2008
I heard she was fired cause she told some students if they thought they didnt need math or school to go pick cotton!
HHS MOM

Henderson, TX

#3 Nov 7, 2008
My daughter was in her math class, she was arguing with a black student and she told him all blacks need to go back to picking cotton. She said the boy didn't say anything back to her, he just got up and headed to the principals office. My daughter didn't much care for her, she didn't like to help the students that needed extra help. The new teacher seems to be much better, if my child likes her that is saying something for sure!
name

Henderson, TX

#4 Nov 7, 2008
what were the teachers initials?
xoxo

Henderson, TX

#5 Nov 7, 2008
Whatever wrote:
I heard she was fired cause she told some students if they thought they didnt need math or school to go pick cotton!
My son is in her class and that's what he told me.
ham

United States

#6 Nov 7, 2008
xoxo wrote:
<quoted text>My son is in her class and that's what he told me.
No, she told the student to go to the ag. class and learn about growing cotton! Get it right! There are no racist in east texas.
HHS mom too

Henderson, TX

#7 Nov 7, 2008
My child had her too and my child liked her very much and is very upset about this dismissal. She was a very good teacher to my child and I think it is sad that she is gone. Those black, and mexicans give those teachers a hard time, always threatening them and in their faces. They show the adults at the school no respect and they are not afraid of any one cause they pull the raciest card. I am sorry that my child and other good kids have to suffer cause crap like that.
mom2

Henderson, TX

#8 Nov 7, 2008
I think there needs to be video cameras in the classrooms! This will prove the teacher's ability to teach better than a test. My son had a former geometry teacher at HHS who told the class they were going to hell if they weren't baptists and proceeded to tell them how she was "just so far above them spiritually." I have never met one of her former students that didn't hate this lady. Religion is not a topic that should be discussed in math class, and racist remarks should not be tolerated from any teacher.
Get it Right

Henderson, TX

#9 Nov 7, 2008
mom2 wrote:
I think there needs to be video cameras in the classrooms! This will prove the teacher's ability to teach better than a test. My son had a former geometry teacher at HHS who told the class they were going to hell if they weren't baptists and proceeded to tell them how she was "just so far above them spiritually." I have never met one of her former students that didn't hate this lady. Religion is not a topic that should be discussed in math class, and racist remarks should not be tolerated from any teacher.
Religion should be discussed in every class. And being a Baptist sure helps alot, especially in knowing the "real truth". You are probably one of those who dosnt want God said in the pledge. You probably dressed up as Satan at halloween.
what

Henderson, TX

#10 Nov 7, 2008
mom2 wrote:
I think there needs to be video cameras in the classrooms! This will prove the teacher's ability to teach better than a test. My son had a former geometry teacher at HHS who told the class they were going to hell if they weren't baptists and proceeded to tell them how she was "just so far above them spiritually." I have never met one of her former students that didn't hate this lady. Religion is not a topic that should be discussed in math class, and racist remarks should not be tolerated from any teacher.
your a freak.... you better hope you dont get struck by lightening.
come back on that

Mount Pleasant, MI

#11 Nov 7, 2008
Get it Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion should be discussed in every class. And being a Baptist sure helps alot, especially in knowing the "real truth". You are probably one of those who dosnt want God said in the pledge. You probably dressed up as Satan at halloween.
You worse than those crazy Church of Christ people!
Get it Right

Henderson, TX

#12 Nov 7, 2008
They are crazy.. I'll give you that
have not heard a word

AOL

#13 Nov 7, 2008
HHS MOM wrote:
My daughter was in her math class, she was arguing with a black student and she told him all blacks need to go back to picking cotton. She said the boy didn't say anything back to her, he just got up and headed to the principals office. My daughter didn't much care for her, she didn't like to help the students that needed extra help. The new teacher seems to be much better, if my child likes her that is saying something for sure!
This was in Henderson? Was it this year?
HHS MOM

Henderson, TX

#14 Nov 7, 2008
Yes, at Henderson High School. This happened last week. The initials are B.G.
he will jump on it

Henderson, TX

#15 Nov 7, 2008
have not heard a word wrote:
<quoted text>
This was in Henderson? Was it this year?
Oh no now the bishop is involved, I see a lawsuit. lol, Ohhh Lordy Lordy, here comes trouble.
COTTON PICKIN

Henderson, TX

#16 Nov 8, 2008
tHE TEACHER IS RIGHT , ITS COTTON PICKIN TIME , SEND EM ALL BACK
ganja man

United States

#17 Nov 8, 2008
it was a female, algebra and geometry teacher canned.
Not exactly

Longview, TX

#18 Nov 8, 2008
mom2 wrote:
My son had a former geometry teacher at HHS who told the class they were going to hell if they weren't baptists and proceeded to tell them how she was "just so far above them spiritually." I have never met one of her former students that didn't hate this lady.
I am by NO means a fan of this other teacher, but get your facts straight - she is not even Baptist!
xoxo

Henderson, TX

#19 Nov 8, 2008
ham wrote:
<quoted text>
No, she told the student to go to the ag. class and learn about growing cotton! Get it right! There are no racist in east texas.
I think I'll take my son's word over a dumbass like you.
Curious

Broken Arrow, OK

#20 Nov 8, 2008
Was it L. Weems? cause she was always a little racist!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 10 min Wendy Holman 18,334
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 31 min That Fart Guy 22,569
stubborn wives... 1 hr haha 3
What happened to China Cafe Tue donkeyshow 2
fast moms Tue Right 12
rusk county sheriff department only work four d... (Nov '10) Mon agree 39
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Mon Gasman 566
•••
•••

Henderson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Henderson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Henderson
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••