First Prev
of 3
Next Last
OHBOYLUVPOLITICS

Montgomery, AL

#41 Oct 21, 2008
wow the blogn goin on we need different direction than we got as ive said before i hope not all is crooked in the sheriffs office.. what about ray, lee, waldon they seem pretty decent....not everyone in the sheriff dept.is wearn tainted badge.or are they ... we will never no.
think yall should know

United States

#42 Oct 21, 2008
alot of the files in that case were missing when jimmy went into office, photos of the crime scene ect. were gone.Someone before then wanted to protect some of those involved. That was a terrible crime that tool the life of a very beautiful person,it cant be changed and neither she nor Mark Hall can be brought back.
Tim

United States

#43 Oct 21, 2008
think yall should know wrote:
alot of the files in that case were missing when jimmy went into office, photos of the crime scene ect. were gone.Someone before then wanted to protect some of those involved. That was a terrible crime that tool the life of a very beautiful person,it cant be changed and neither she nor Mark Hall can be brought back.
How do you know the files were missing The GBI has the files, since it's still an active case. I'm sure the GBI would be interested in any information that you or anyone has.
listen

United States

#44 Oct 22, 2008
well mary for your info at the time rhonda was killed the gbi didnt live in hazlehurst but mark did and there is a big difference in outsiders getting involved in a local investigation
listen

United States

#45 Oct 22, 2008
and as far as ken williams or kevin mathis or jerone brinkley is concerned any votes cast for these is just putting back the same B.S. we have all had to deal with in the past........
Mary

United States

#46 Oct 22, 2008
listen wrote:
well mary for your info at the time rhonda was killed the gbi didnt live in hazlehurst but mark did and there is a big difference in outsiders getting involved in a local investigation
I can assure you the GBI was involved to the fullest.
LE Chic

United States

#47 Oct 22, 2008
listen wrote:
well mary for your info at the time rhonda was killed the gbi didnt live in hazlehurst but mark did and there is a big difference in outsiders getting involved in a local investigation
I don't undertand this post. Would you please explain your point?
baxley reader

Brunswick, GA

#48 Oct 22, 2008
listen wrote:
well mary for your info at the time rhonda was killed the gbi didnt live in hazlehurst but mark did and there is a big difference in outsiders getting involved in a local investigation
well ,,,well,,well,,,guess i was misinformed as to where hazlehurst was located..i always thought that is was in the state of georgia and that the GBI covered the entire state...guess i was always the dummy...huh !!! oh,,,maybe it is you that is the dummy...think???
listen

United States

#49 Oct 22, 2008
well dummy if you could read you would see the word lived and not covered and far as my post goes it simple to understand mark hall knew alot of shit on people in hazlehurst that the gbi dont know or will ever know and thidley this is a hazlehurst section and those from baxley need to clean thier on closet before getting in somebody elses17
LE Chic

United States

#50 Oct 22, 2008
listen wrote:
well dummy if you could read you would see the word lived and not covered and far as my post goes it simple to understand mark hall knew alot of shit on people in hazlehurst that the gbi dont know or will ever know and thidley this is a hazlehurst section and those from baxley need to clean thier on closet before getting in somebody elses17
I'm not exactly sure who you are replying to but I can read and your post did not make sense.

I'm sure that Mark did know a lot about the citizens of Jeff Davis County, he was in law enforcement for a very long time. I am also sure that he made some arrests that caused a lot of people to spew hatred towards him. Just look at this forum. But speaking from experience, this animosity is par for the course when you serve in a law enforcement capacity.

Just let it go, your constant negativity is not accomplishing anything. Mark is not here to defend himself. Once again, LET HIM REST IN PEACE!
baxley reader

Brunswick, GA

#51 Oct 22, 2008
listen wrote:
well dummy if you could read you would see the word lived and not covered and far as my post goes it simple to understand mark hall knew alot of shit on people in hazlehurst that the gbi dont know or will ever know and thidley this is a hazlehurst section and those from baxley need to clean thier on closet before getting in somebody elses17
you need to read what you typed and then look into the mirror and see the dummy.....
mrs h

United States

#52 Oct 1, 2011
Bambi wrote:
<quoted text>
you must be 5'9" with blonde hair blue eyes and big tits cause that will get them to speak to you every time
u r so right
BELTLINE

United States

#53 Oct 2, 2011
baxley reader wrote:
<quoted text>well ,,,well,,well,,,guess i was misinformed as to where hazlehurst was located..i always thought that is was in the state of georgia and that the GBI covered the entire state...guess i was always the dummy...huh !!! oh,,,maybe it is you that is the dummy...think???
RIGHT ON!!!
Family

Waycross, GA

#54 Oct 2, 2011
I realize this post is three years old but there are some points that need to be cleared up before real damage is done to Rhonda’s case.

Mark Hall did not cover up Rhonda’s Murder. There are no case files, evidence, or anything else missing from the Sheriff’s Department regarding the case. Even if there was, the GBI has copies of everything associated with the case.

Mark Hall could not have destroyed evidence in the case as he would not have had the opportunity. She went missing from Jeff Davis County but was found in Montgomery County. Jeff Davis County had no jurisdiction or authority to enter Montgomery County to conduct an investigation.

The first officer to arrive on scene was a Deputy from Wheeler County and then Montgomery County, the GBI, and Jeff Davis.

There were serious jurisdictional issues because no one knew where the murder took place. Therefore, both the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office and the Jeff Davis Sheriff’s Office worked the case. Also, the GBI office from Douglas was involved because it covered Jeff Davis. The early GBI agents working the case were Lee Sweat and Richard Dees. The GBI office from Dublin was involved because it covered Montgomery County.

Both heads of the district GBI offices were in Hazlehurst, Guy Ellis of Douglas GBI, and, Glenn Meeks of the Dublin GBI.

Also, Glenn Thomas Jr, District Attorney for the Brunswick Judicial Circuit, and Jim Wiggins, District Attorney for the Ogeechee Judicial Circuit were in town working on the case and offering their resources.

That doesn’t include the dozen or so GBI agents that were involved plus officers from the Jeff Davis Sheriff’s Office and Hazlehurst Police Department.

Mark Hall was never at the scene where her car was found. Therefore, he couldn’t have tampered with any evidence that was recovered. He didn’t arrive until 10am the next morning and met the family at the church near where her car was found.

Mark Hall may have visited the scene where her body was found but evidence collection would have fallen under the jurisdiction of the GBI and Montgomery County. It would have been catalogued and photographed and processed. Numerous records were taken. If anything went missing it would have been noticed immediately.

Her body was transported to the Crime Lab by the Coroner and not Mark Hall. All evidence that was collected was processed by the State Crime Lab and was in the possession of the GBI.

Mark Hall never had the opportunity to do anything to the evidence as he was never in possession of it and would have been caught the second he tried.

The family is well aware of what evidence the GBI and Sheriff’s department is in possession of. For the past 21 years, the GBI and the Sheriff’s Office has had a full time investigator assigned to the case. This is not a cold case by any means and is still actively investigated.

The reason this case has never been solved has nothing to do with law enforcement in Jeff Davis County or the GBI. We are VERY AWARE of the efforts put forth by them. It has everything to do with people refusing to come forward and tell what they know.
concerned

Jesup, GA

#55 Oct 4, 2011
well whoever the Sheriff may be next time...

it's got to be better than what we have now........
truth

Savannah, GA

#56 Oct 5, 2011
Mark Hall never got to finish his life, it was taken from him while on duty while serving and protecting our community. Mark had an office at the courthouse, but he chose to be out among the people working for all of us in this community. Unless you know for sure and have evidence what he knew, let Mark Hall rest in peace.
just for your info

Statesboro, GA

#57 Oct 8, 2011
As far as the Colmen girl they may never find out who done it on this place we call earth. But who ever done it will get their chance to pay in the end with their eternity in a place called hell everyone talks about hell but no one wants to believe its real and the person who done that knows who they are and the family knows the name didn't you read the paper for this week. so let them keep telling their selfs they got away because little do they know their judgement day has not came around to get them "yet" and if they would like to spend the rest of their life in hell let him them or who ever done it because hell isn't a make believe place. Who ever done it just thinks that jails bad wait till they see hell.
Haywood Jablomie

Mound, MN

#58 Oct 15, 2011
Mark Hall was so crooked that when he died they had to screw him into the ground.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazlehurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama a horses ass. LOL (Mar '10) Sat Bob 55
Bunk bed for christmas Sat GT buzz 1
Medicine Cabinet (Alma) Sat Purple Haze 11
Walmart coming to Alma...... (May '14) Fri Farrell Landon 41
Zimmerman case (Jul '13) Dec 19 Past Election 106
three teenagers arrested for robbery Dec 18 Mindurbizz 5
the woman next door Dec 18 Farrell Landon 4
Hazlehurst Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hazlehurst People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hazlehurst News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hazlehurst

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:59 pm PST

NFL 8:59PM
Falcons' turnaround sends them to brink of playoffs
NBC Sports 1:33 AM
Jones' return helps Falcons eliminate Saints, 30-14 - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:11 AM
Julio Jones shows what a "stud" he is during comeback
NFL 5:05 AM
Galette: Saints locker room 'feels like a funeral'
NBC Sports 5:44 AM
Roddy White to Keenan Lewis: We just woke up out of the grave