3 Girls Busted for Lemonade Stand-Midway, Ga.

Jul 15, 2011 | Posted by: jefferson davis 1 | Full story: www.msnbc.msn.com

'We were not aware of how the lemonade was made, who made the lemonade, of what the lemonade was made with,' says police chief in Midway, Ga. "They told us to shut it down," 10-year-old Skylar Roberts was quoted as saying by The Coastal Source news website.

Comments
1 - 20 of 145 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2012
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

How long before the American People wake up to the tyranny sweeping across our nation ?
Who made this new law that this officer is so Proud to enforce?
Real Disgusted

Navarre, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Did you get to drink any of it?

“Every Action has an equal”

Since: Sep 09

but opposite Reaction.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

Real Disgusted wrote:
Did you get to drink any of it?
He Prefers the Kool-aid.....
Melissa

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Everyone I know is shaking their head and laughing.

“Ignore Ignorance”

Since: Feb 10

Believe and Succeed

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

Good thing they wasn't selling hot dogs they would have got a prison term. I bet this Mayor wont get elected again and that Chief can forget his carrier.
Bernard Fife

Brunswick, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

The Chief is a lady... Her name is Kelly Morningstar...
Fast

Ocilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Judged:

Bernard Fife wrote:
The Chief is a lady... Her name is Kelly Morningstar...
You idiot, obviously you didn't read the article. Kelly is a unisex name.....geez!

“WHATEVER”

Since: May 10

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Judged:

WOW... guess they shoulda been selling crack and they would have been overlooked...
morgan

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Judged:

We were not aware of how the lemonade was made, who made the lemonade, of what the lemonade was made with,' says police chief in Midway, Ga.

Well how about that. A SMART Chief of Police who doesn't KNOW HOW lemonade is made. Now who stupid can they be? This statement coming from a "supposedly educated" person who qualifies to be Chief of Police based partly on education?? WOW

And here I also thought lemonade was made from LEMONS, SUGAR & WATER using a knife to cut the lemons, a spoon to stir it with, hands or lemon squeezer to squeeze the lemons & a pitcher to pour it into along with water from the "city approved well or water system. Now I ask you. How SMART does on NEED to be to know HOW lemonade is made.

That's just the CHIEF'S EXCUSE for harassing these "14 yr old would be thieves who were CHEATING the city out of "revenue" for permits along with the IRS for income not reported received for an HONEST DAY'S WORK. And we sit back & wonder what the hell is wrong in this country of ours?

The badge the Chief wears needs to be displayed on her head because the job has certainly went there already. Any excuse is better then none I guess when it comes to "throwing her weight" around to show everyone "she means business" while the druggies NEVER get caught.
Nevermore

Saint Simons Island, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Judged:

So, let's see, it is apparant that Casey Anthony murdered her child, yet the jury cannot find anything to convict her on, but a 10 year old girl is busted for selling lemonade. I guess we have got to crack down on the worst criminals first.
Grace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Judged:

The next thing they will be selling is hard lemonade! This police chief is a moron, next item of business bust the girl scouts for selling cookies! But don't stop there the boy scouts sell popcorn. That is some real bad stuff. We need to get that stuff off the streets it is addictive!
M hester

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Judged:

I hope people wake up to this tyranny. I hope that the kids ask for a jury trial and the jury comes back with a not guilty verdict. Stand together .They won't enforce laws they can't get an conviction.Let the City burn up court time and money.That jury will be role models for the country .I say no harm ,no foul
Bill M

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Judged:

Ok..its time to wake the hell up America! This weekend..here is what I would love to see happen. 500 14 year old girls..open up lemonade stands in Midway GA. Kids need to learn at a young age to be activists..to stand up for themselves..and sometimes..to teach adults(in law enforcment) what is just plain right.
Video everything...interview the police coming to shut down the stands..ask them to quote their oath of law enforcement..
IF..we don't do things like this..knuckleheads like this Morningstart woman will keep doing this.
Whats next..kids mowing lawns will be interrogated on how much they made?
What happened to the courage of Americans?

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2011

jefferson davis 1 wrote:
How long before the American People wake up to the tyranny sweeping across our nation ?
Ok JD, I am finally with you on something. Yes things are getting a little out of control.

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2011

Judged:

jefferson davis 1 wrote:
While filthy drug dealers and pedophiles roam throught the streets and illegal aliens invade us the progressive society we have now goes after little girls for selling lemonade.

It's amazing how much liberalism can destroy a country.

Welcome to 21st century America.
colleen failey

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2011

Judged:

this must be all that american "freedom" ive been hearing so much about. aparently u.s troops must go to the middle east to murder innocent people in order for us to enjoy this kind of "freedom"
NoFishes1

Galion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2011

Judged:

I hope the citizens of Midway, GA. remember this when their Police dept. needs funding. Obviously the officers do not have enough real police work to do, or the town is THAT crime free, so cut their funding or remove a officer or two. Ya just can't fix STUPID!!

Since: Jul 10

Yuma, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2011

Judged:

Well this is what happens when the government wants your money. They didn't get a permit, I am sure they didn't charge taxes. Oh and what about insurance for the employees. This just shows the government is anti business. If the government is not getting their part taxes.
American Citizen

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2011

Judged:

M hester wrote:
I hope people wake up to this tyranny. I hope that the kids ask for a jury trial and the jury comes back with a not guilty verdict. Stand together .They won't enforce laws they can't get an conviction.Let the City burn up court time and money.That jury will be role models for the country .I say no harm ,no foul
You are so right friend. Americans laughed when they said the government was going to make you buy insurance. Americans Laughed when the government said they was going to make you wear seat belts. The people laughed when the negros said they were going to overcome. The people laughed when the president said they had to separate and take America apart.

American citizens WHERE ARE YOU? America is going to hell and all you young so called Americans are doing is getting fat and giving your way of life away for nothing that all of us old people died for. SHAME ON YOU!
what?

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2011

Judged:

They don't know who made or what the hell's really in Taco Bell but they let them sell it!

I can actually see why the law is there. They should add a section that allows lemonade (or similar) permits for kids for $1. Then they wont look so stupid.

Too many lawyers folks!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hazlehurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hyprocrites 25 min Fifty Shades Freed 254
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 45 min Cbutt 52,215
best price on digging a deep well 8 hr octavius 2
Ferguson - Alma, GA 9 hr granny101 5
Best Auto Repair (Sep '12) 19 hr Jerry Boggs 13
Blueberry Golf Wed cousin Joe 30
Walmart coming to Alma...... Wed Junior 29

Search the Hazlehurst Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Hazlehurst Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000