London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

I get foodstamps and I think it's an excellent idea. They should have always drug tested foodstamp recipients as well as welfare and ssi recipients. The people who "really need them" can still get them and the druggies who abuse the system can go fly a f~~king kite and enjoy living without the stamps they use to sell for pills.
yeah right

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

That's just crazy. The government is always saying how bad in debt the state is. Where is the money for all this proposed drug testing gonna come from? I wished that I were eligible for food stamps. Groceries age crazy high. It takes a small fortune to feed a family.
YouDontKnow

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

I think it's an excellent idea. I've seen too many people selling their cards for half the price so they can buy drugs.
civil

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Amen
KCA

Leburn, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

I think its a great idea..
PEOPLE

Knox, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

OK 90% OF OLD PEOPLE HAS TO TAKE MEDICINE.AND IF YOU TAKE NYQUIL OR ANY SINAS MEDICAN IT WILL SHOW UP.PLUS THAT WOULD BE 2 MILLION JUST ON THE TESTS.
YouDontKnow

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

Not true..that can tell the difference between Nyquil and cocaine, pot, etc..Try again...
trololo

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

PEOPLE wrote:
OK 90% OF OLD PEOPLE HAS TO TAKE MEDICINE.AND IF YOU TAKE NYQUIL OR ANY SINAS MEDICAN IT WILL SHOW UP.PLUS THAT WOULD BE 2 MILLION JUST ON THE TESTS.
You are incredibly stupid. Obviously you've never had any kind of job.
YouDontKnow

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

Or one of those who get food stamps and sell them for drugs?
I Know

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Nyquil can show up as methadone.I don't know what the solution could be.Id like to see child support people get tested.The store owners could be more responsible.There will always be a way to misuse these benifits.It's ashame.What will all these people do when the systems are abused so bad there are no stamps or anything like it?That would change everything.
O Callahan

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

yeah right wrote:
Where is the money for all this proposed drug testing gonna come from?
Why not drop the whole foodstamp program? Nothing in the constitution allows for government to create social programs in the first place! Do you understand that since the beginning of this country until the 1940's taxes were less than 2 cents on the dollar? But since then it has risen to over 50% when you consider everything you are taxed on? We pay taxes on our tax refunds! Unless you don't work - then your refund is not taxed?!!??? Why give refunds to those who didn't even pay in????
I Agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

Judged:

Chasity wrote:
I get foodstamps and I think it's an excellent idea. They should have always drug tested foodstamp recipients as well as welfare and ssi recipients. The people who "really need them" can still get them and the druggies who abuse the system can go fly a f~~king kite and enjoy living without the stamps they use to sell for pills.
Awesome post! I couldn't agree more!
didja think

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

Judged:

yeah right wrote:
That's just crazy. The government is always saying how bad in debt the state is. Where is the money for all this proposed drug testing gonna come from? I wished that I were eligible for food stamps. Groceries age crazy high. It takes a small fortune to feed a family.
I think everyone in the household should get tested, cart the failures off to jail and let the rest in the family get their part of the food stamps.
As for the cost of testing, think of how many druggies their are out there that would not be eligible for food stamps, I am sure that would more than pay for testing.
Stamper

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

FIrst the politicians! When they will submit to a test then I will!
DinnerBucket

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Judged:

yeah right wrote:
interesting... BUT, think about how much money will be saved when suddenly we dont have to pay for the thousands of food stamp druggies out there. 80% of the food stamp recipients in perry county would get cut off.
concerned

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

i don't draw food stamps, but what about the children. should they be penalised because their parents do drugs. they should come up with a better system to track what they are being spent for. you see people buying 15 to 20 cases of pop. you know what they are doing with them. why not put a limit on the amount you can get in one day or something, or have to have reciepts on what you spend your stamps for. who's gonna be paying for the drug tests. working citizens thru our taxes.if officials are so worried about the drugs, why not start with the doctors who are dishing out whatever for you want for the right price. or the methadone clinic, that gives you a dose of methadone and turns you loose to drive on the streets. you have people going to the methadone clinic for years, when you are only supposed to go for so long.also the meth labs. when are they gonna make it to where you have to have a perscription to get sudafed and then monitor yuor doctors to make sure its valid.why don't they start with these. i know a woman that went to the doctor for crpitunnel and got oc's. thats rediculous.. i agree people should not be buying drugs with foodstamps or period.. but how do we do this without punishing the children. we have so many children out there that are underfed as it is.is this going to make it worse. i think so...
iagree

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Judged:

concerned wrote:
i don't draw food stamps, but what about the children. should they be penalised because their parents do drugs. they should come up with a better system to track what they are being spent for. you see people buying 15 to 20 cases of pop. you know what they are doing with them. why not put a limit on the amount you can get in one day or something, or have to have reciepts on what you spend your stamps for. who's gonna be paying for the drug tests. working citizens thru our taxes.if officials are so worried about the drugs, why not start with the doctors who are dishing out whatever for you want for the right price. or the methadone clinic, that gives you a dose of methadone and turns you loose to drive on the streets. you have people going to the methadone clinic for years, when you are only supposed to go for so long.also the meth labs. when are they gonna make it to where you have to have a perscription to get sudafed and then monitor yuor doctors to make sure its valid.why don't they start with these. i know a woman that went to the doctor for crpitunnel and got oc's. thats rediculous.. i agree people should not be buying drugs with foodstamps or period.. but how do we do this without punishing the children. we have so many children out there that are underfed as it is.is this going to make it worse. i think so...
I think kids suffer worse from their parents being on drugs. When the druggies with kids do draw stamps they just trade it in for money so the children dont benefit from it no way. Maybe if people are drug tested for food stamps they will straighten up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Hazard Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Hazard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hazard News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hazard