'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
38,761 - 38,780 of 147,247 Comments Last updated 51 min ago
frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

No one wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you joking? Hell, MSNBC is the exact replica of FOX, except in the liberal direction. Have you ever watched Rachel Maddow or Ed Shultz or Lawrence O'donnell? They are every bit as bad as Rush who is also an a$$hole.
You are not altogether wrong, but there is a big difference between FOX and MSNBC cultures, FOX strongly denies its rabid rightwing reporting - MSNBC, in contrast, celebrates its leftwing reporting ...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

You Dummycrat dupes will avoid any fact to hide your criminal behavior.
Bush Wide Receiver - The number of guns used in the operation from the beginning until the end of the operation was 300.
Obama Fast & Furious - The number of guns used in the operation from the beginning until the end of the operation was 2,000.
Bush Wide Receiver - Guns were traced with miniature GPS devices inserted inside the gun.
Obama Fast & Furious - No tracking devices were used.
Bush Wide Receiver - ATF agents were ordered to follow the gun smugglers from the gun store to the US/Mexico border.
Obama Fast & Furious - ATF agents were ordered to stand down and not follow the gun smugglers after they left the gun store.
It becomes obvious Bush intended to investigate and gather intelligence, while Obama and Holder intended to run guns for the Mexican drug cartels.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

Sam Waters wrote:
<quoted text>
The Joe on Morning Joe is a conservative and he has reasonable discussions with with others, often much more liberal. Overall, MSNBC clearly leans left and that’s OK because they talk reasonably and respectfully with conservatives who are open to going beyond towing the party line. Unlike Fox News, which claims to be fair and balanced while serving as the mouthpiece for right wing extremists, MSNBC demonstrates how to be fair and balanced.
It’s no secret. Everybody knows (except for right wing extremists marching in lockstep with Fox News).
And that explains the prominent roles on Fox News for left-wing dupes like Bob Becker, Alan Colmes, Juan Williams, Shepard Smith, and frequent appearances by people like Al Sharpton, and liberal show slots for Geraldo, and on, and on, and on.
This just goes to show how anything that attempts to be even and allow both sides to be presented is seen by the lunatic left supporting that elitist Marxist Obama as unacceptable.
The real problem is, the person who has a larger audience than all the other networks combined... that's COMBINED... doesn't bow and snort Obama asscrack at every televised opportunity.
And, that's the reason he has a larger audience than the entire audience watching the networks sold out for the Democrats.
This is a clue about how the coming election will turn out. Look for the same thing that you saw in 2010 when the American people handed the Democrats their asses at the polls.
a soldier

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
You Dummycrat dupes will avoid any fact to hide your criminal behavior.
Bush Wide Receiver - The number of guns used in the operation from the beginning until the end of the operation was 300.
Obama Fast & Furious - The number of guns used in the operation from the beginning until the end of the operation was 2,000.
Bush Wide Receiver - Guns were traced with miniature GPS devices inserted inside the gun.
Obama Fast & Furious - No tracking devices were used.
Bush Wide Receiver - ATF agents were ordered to follow the gun smugglers from the gun store to the US/Mexico border.
Obama Fast & Furious - ATF agents were ordered to stand down and not follow the gun smugglers after they left the gun store.
It becomes obvious Bush intended to investigate and gather intelligence, while Obama and Holder intended to run guns for the Mexican drug cartels.
Oh come on now, what a restarted f-kng baboon you have zero credibility, yesterday you called it operation "full back" you don't have a friggen clue what you are talking about
Sam Waters

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

No one wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you joking? Hell, MSNBC is the exact replica of FOX, except in the liberal direction. Have you ever watched Rachel Maddow or Ed Shultz or Lawrence O'donnell? They are every bit as bad as Rush who is also an a$$hole. I watch Morning Joe just to understand the liberal argument, and Mika is pretty hot, but she is not professional. She rolls her eyes and purses her mouth when Joe gives the conservative side but that's okay, it's a liberal show.
How you guys get so upset about FOX is kind of funny because you get so emotional about it. It's just a TV channel, change the damned thing if you hate it so much. Oprah can't buy all the channels.
I rarely actually get “emotional” watching Fox News, just as I never get upset when I watch professional wrestling and see the bad guys clobber the good guys over the head with folding chairs when their backs are turned. Most adults understand that it’s staged and scripted, certainly not real. I don’t watch much professional wrestling because I’ve already seen the play and it gets boring. Admittedly I also don’t watch Fox News very much for pretty much the same reason — familiarity the script — at least not as much as I did before they fired Glenn Beck, who was so zany that I watched him regularly always on the edge of my seat feeling something big and gory was about to happen to his head. And admittedly I watch Fox News more than I watch wrestling, mainly to see the latest anti-Obama content they roll it out in time for for the next news cycle.

Quite frankly, I react much more emotionally to hearing Romney’s sound bites. Hearing people whining litanies of other people’s failures, especially about stuff that’s even not true, somehow grates on my nerves. If only he’d stop whining I could tolerate listening to him more easily and also be able to imagine him as president not being a whiney president.

And yes, MSNBC commentary is explicitly leftist-progressive. When it reports news, it reports actual news, not fabricated propaganda. MSNBC provides balance in the media by having the temerity to exist along side Fox News and Rush Limbaugh (think Fox on Oxycontin) and all the other conservative extremists.
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

Operation Fast and Furious, an administration initiative that allowed two thousand guns to fall into the hands of Mexican drug cartels that led to the death of hundreds, plus a U.S. Border Patrol Agent.

Ms. Pelosi claims, "It's frivolous to invoke contempt of Congress." She calls it,.
" Undermining his name as he goes forward to defend and protect the Constitution of the United States."

“What we have seen is the shameful display of abusive power by the Republicans in the House of Representatives.

Abuse of power? Idiot!!!!

Then at her Capitol Hill press conference last Thursday, she goes on to say, "Republicans have stalled and diverted attention from legislation that would create jobs because they embrace a philosophy of “laissez, lassez, laissez, laissez, laissez, laissez, laissez faire."

Then she goes on to ask, "Why would they do such a thing? It’s because it’s their philosophy,. they are the party that makes Adam Smith look like a Keynesian. They are laissez, lassez, laissez, laissez, laissez, laissez, laissez faire. No supervision. No regulation. No discipline."

She goes on to say, "Laissez, laissez, laissez faire in terms of they don’t want any initiatives for clean air, clean water, food safety, public safety, public education, public housing, public transportation, public health, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security."

"This is what they believe, no government," she said, "And bless their hearts, they act upon their beliefs. And their beliefs are dangerous to a thriving middle class in our country.”

Thriving middle class??? Who, where???

Well, that's the Republican way according to this train wreck: We hate clean air, clean water, food safety, public safety, public education, housing, transportation and health. And we are out to destroy Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security, according to this brain-dead imbecile.

Yup.......... " laissez, lassez, laissez, laissez, laissez, laissez, laissez faire."
No one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

Sam Waters wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite frankly, I react much more emotionally to hearing Romney’s sound bites. Hearing people whining litanies of other people’s failures, especially about stuff that’s even not true, somehow grates on my nerves. If only he’d stop whining I could tolerate listening to him more easily and also be able to imagine him as president not being a whiney president.
And yes, MSNBC commentary is explicitly leftist-progressive. When it reports news, it reports actual news, not fabricated propaganda. MSNBC provides balance in the media by having the temerity to exist along side Fox News and Rush Limbaugh (think Fox on Oxycontin) and all the other conservative extremists.
The democrats have made a living the last five years complaining. It's still "GWBshitheadWMD screwed everything up so bad it'll take another 4 years to fix, maybe more!". Everything is someone else's fault and we want to get even.

As far as PMSNBC, Rachel and crew spin & opine as much as any attempting to prove their beliefs. They are not news reporters any more than I am, it's just you want to believe what they say because you agree with them. If you can't see that then you aren't objective.
Justthefacts

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

No one wrote:
<quoted text>
The democrats have made a living the last five years complaining. It's still "GWBshitheadWMD screwed everything up so bad it'll take another 4 years to fix, maybe more!". Everything is someone else's fault and we want to get even.
As far as PMSNBC, Rachel and crew spin & opine as much as any attempting to prove their beliefs. They are not news reporters any more than I am, it's just you want to believe what they say because you agree with them. If you can't see that then you aren't objective.
Other than Bush taking a surplus and turning it into a $5 Trillion debt.
Other than Bush signing the American Dream Down Payment Act that caused loans to be made that never should have been made.
Other than Bush not having regulations on Wall St. and the Banks that later were bailed out.
Other than Bush starting a war that cost 4,000 lives, 30,000 wounded and $2trillion looking for WMDs that were never there.
Other than Bush failing to get Ben Laden. Other than Bush failing to see 9/11 coming.
Other than Bush letting a program called "Operation Wide Receiver" start that allowed guns into Mexico to be used by the drug cartels..

Other than these things he's not to be blamed at all.
No one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

Justthefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than Bush signing the American Dream Down Payment Act that caused loans to be made that never should have been made.
Other than Bush not having regulations on Wall St. and the Banks that later were bailed out.
Other than Bush starting a war that cost 4,000 lives, 30,000 wounded and $2trillion looking for WMDs that were never there.
Other than Bush failing to get Ben Laden. Other than Bush failing to see 9/11 coming.
Other than Bush letting a program called "Operation Wide Receiver" start that allowed guns into Mexico to be used by the drug cartels..
Proves my point, thank you.

The dems have complaining down to an art form and they have had the white house the past 3 and a half years. At some point you have to act like a big boy and accept some responsibility for what is happening. If wonderboy couldn't fix it in that time then he's not the guy for the job.

Since: Jul 11

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

PhreakkyPhroggy wrote:
<quoted text>
In war there will be "collateral damage" that is a given.
The U.S. and British forces did not target innocent women and children...Al Qaeda DID! The cowardly sons of dogs wear masks and then target schools, hospitals, pregnant women, and journalists who where there to report the horrors! I will guaran-damn-tee you THEY killed more innocents on PURPOSE thane we did accidentally!
Having said that...I do agree with The United States of America sending our soldiers to be "World Policemen".
Obama terminated no one...hell he even quit calling terrorist's "Terrorist's" didn't he!
http://specialguests.com/guests/viewnews.cgi...
Ya'll go right on defending the one term wonder, and see how that woks come November...Obama supporters will keep on pissing off the rest of America until we show up and settle the score.
Flash forward January 21, 2013 (yes it will be a day late!)Obama will not stand before the Chief Justice. Someone else will!
There may be a "private ceremony" or swearing in on the preceding Saturday, but one thing is more certain...it will not be a man with a Muslim name!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Even if Romney does win, and he won't, Cuomo will anihilate him in 2016!
Do Democrats Care

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Do Democrats care? I think not.
In a letter made public yesterday to Marilyn Tavenner, acting administrator of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid, senators Orrin Hatch, R-UT, and Tom Coburn, R-OK, were joined by Rep. Peter Roskam, R-IL, said they fear billions of tax dollars are being lost annually as a result.

Earlier this week, federal officials in Miami charged Oscar Sanchez in connection with a criminal operation that resulted in an estimated $31 million going to Cuban banks.

“Prosecutors say Oscar Sanchez, 46, was a key leader in a group that funneled $31 million in Medicare dollars into banks in Havana — the first such case that directly traces money fleeced from the beleaguered program into the Cuban banking system,” the Miami Herald reported Monday.

“Most of the money moved through an intricate web of foreign shell companies before ending up in Cuba, to avoid being detected in the United States, said investigators,” the Herald said.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/watchdogs-solon...
Laid Off

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Op-Ed column describing Obama's Presidency

By Matt Patterson (columnist - Washington Post, New York Post, San Francisco Examiner)
Government & Society:
Years from now, historians may regard the 2008 election of Barack Obama as an inscrutable and disturbing phenomenon, the result of a baffling breed of mass hysteria akin perhaps to the witch craze of the Middle Ages. How, they will wonder, did a man so devoid of professional accomplishment beguile so many into thinking he could manage the world's largest economy, direct the world's most powerful military, execute the world's most consequential job? Imagine a future historian examining Obama's pre-presidential life: ushered into and through the Ivy League despite unremarkable grades and test scores along the way; a cushy non-job as a "community organizer"; a brief career as a state legislator devoid of legislative achievement (and in fact nearly devoid of his attention, so often did he vote "present"); and finally an unaccomplished single term in the United States Senate, the entirety of which was devoted to his presidential ambitions.
He left no academic legacy in academia, authored no signature legislation as a legislator. And then there is the matter of his troubling associations: the white-hating, America-loathing preacher who for decades served as Obama's "spiritual mentor"; a real-life, actual terrorist who served as Obama's colleague and political sponsor. It is easy to imagine a future historian looking at it all and asking: how on Earth was such a man elected president?
Not content to wait for history, the incomparable Norman Podhoretz addressed the question recently in the Wall Street Journal: To be sure, no white candidate who had close associations with an outspoken hater of America like Jeremiah Wright and an unrepentant terrorist like Bill Ayers, would have lasted a single day. But because Mr. Obama was black, and therefore entitled in the eyes of liberaldom to have hung out with protesters against various American injustices, even if they were a bit extreme, he was given a pass. Let that sink in: Obama was given a pass - held to a lower standard - because of the color of his skin.
Podhoretz continues: And in any case, what did such ancient history matter when he was also so articulate and elegant and (as he himself had said) "non-threatening," all of which gave him a fighting chance to become the first black president and thereby to lay the curse of racism to rest? Podhoretz puts his finger, I think, on the animating pulse of the Obama phenomenon - affirmative action. Not in the legal sense, of course. But certainly in the motivating sentiment behind all affirmative action laws and regulations, which are designed primarily to make white people, and especially white liberals, feel good about themselves.
Unfortunately, minorities often suffer so that whites can pat themselves on the back. Liberals routinely admit minorities to schools for which they are not qualified, yet take no responsibility for the inevitable poor performance and high drop-out rates which follow. Liberals don't care if these minority students fail; liberals aren't around to witness the emotional devastation and deflated self-esteem resulting from the racist policy that is affirmative action. Yes, racist. Holding someone to a separate standard merely because of the color of his skin - that's affirmative action in a nutshell, and if that isn't racism, then nothing is.
And that is what America did to Obama. Not one original idea has ever issued from his mouth � it's all warmed-over Marxism of the kind that has failed over and over again for 100 years.
And what about his character? Obama is constantly blaming anything and everything else for his troubles. Bush did it; it was bad luck; I inherited this mess. It is embarrassing to see a president so willing to advertise his own powerlessness, so comfortable with his own incompetence.
But really, what were we to expect?
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Justthefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some cercumstances where Bush had noth9ng to do with your decision to blame him for what was done:
1.Bush did take us into a War and spent this nation into debt.Many of us did not agree but remember the entire Congress approved
2.Congress was democratic controled.Frank and Dodd refused to control Banks ,particular the Freddie and Fannie.Congress would not go along with the Vush warnings of lack of control.Not his fault.
3.covered above.
4.covered above.
5.Yes,hindsight would be wonderful,we all have that,what about foresight?None have it.
6.Bush was correct about Ben Laden.Have any seen change with the Al Quiada with his death?Have they gone away.?Bush said"we will get him one day".They did.
7.Yep,they tried to let guns go into Mexico,it failed,they saw that and quit.Then Obama`s administration started it back,why?Now we have them covering up who did what,don`t we.Open gov`t is not what we have,but were promised.

You blame the one you wish,some of us will blame the current resident in the White House.He was unprepared to be in office in the U.S.He has been a failure on every venture,the Medical Care is a big bust as well.He has tried to turn this Country into Europe style we do not want.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Forgot spell check.Will do better.Just get frustrated when someone is so apparently lacking in any vision at all.Just blame Bush!
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

You might also want to investigate the U.S. debt that Bush left us.Along with this investigation please explain the debt Obummer has given our Nation!!Some 3 times what Bush left!Where has all the loans and stimulus money gone to?Where has the jobs and manufacturing gone to?Where has all the secure Border gone to?Why has Obummer sent so many illegals home but we have more than ever now?Why give amnesty for the third time and expect a different result from the first two times??This could go on and on but you get the point,(maybe)?
AnnAgain

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Jay wrote:
Operation Fast and Furious, an administration initiative that allowed two thousand guns to fall into the hands of Mexican drug cartels that led to the death of hundreds, plus a U.S. Border Patrol Agent.
Ms. Pelosi claims, "It's frivolous to invoke contempt of Congress." She calls it,.
" Undermining his name as he goes forward to defend and protect the Constitution of the United States."
“What we have seen is the shameful display of abusive power by the Republicans in the House of Representatives.
Abuse of power? Idiot!!!!
Then at her Capitol Hill press conference last Thursday, she goes on to say, "Republicans have stalled and diverted attention from legislation that would create jobs because they embrace a philosophy of “laissez, lassez, laissez, laissez, laissez, laissez, laissez faire."
Then she goes on to ask, "Why would they do such a thing? It’s because it’s their philosophy,. they are the party that makes Adam Smith look like a Keynesian. They are laissez, lassez, laissez, laissez, laissez, laissez, laissez faire. No supervision. No regulation. No discipline."
She goes on to say, "Laissez, laissez, laissez faire in terms of they don’t want any initiatives for clean air, clean water, food safety, public safety, public education, public housing, public transportation, public health, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security."
"This is what they believe, no government," she said, "And bless their hearts, they act upon their beliefs. And their beliefs are dangerous to a thriving middle class in our country.”
Thriving middle class??? Who, where???
Well, that's the Republican way according to this train wreck: We hate clean air, clean water, food safety, public safety, public education, housing, transportation and health. And we are out to destroy Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security, according to this brain-dead imbecile.
Yup.......... " laissez, lassez, laissez, laissez, laissez, laissez, laissez faire."
As usual, our resident Baboon is adding his two cents of dog shit! The ATF ran a whole series of "gunwalking" sting operations between 2006 and 2011 starting in Tucson and then moving the operations to Phoenix under the supervision of William Newell who later started operation “Fast and Furious’. It started small, to the objections of many involved in it, as it grew bigger and bigger with each new operation. The goal was to track the firearms as they were transferred to higher-level traffickers and key figures in Mexican cartels, in theory leading to their arrests and the dismantling of the cartels. Firearms "walked" by the ATF have been found at violent crime scenes on both sides of the Mexico–United States border ever since its inception in 2006, including the deaths of hundreds of Mexicans and at least one U.S. federal agent. Eventually dissenting ATF agents came forward to Congress in response to having become increasingly controversial in both countries, and diplomatic relations have been damaged as a result. Curiously, the very Gov’t official who finally put an end to the highly questionable program is now being prosecuted for it – is this a great country or what?!
There are rumors of "gunwalking" in at least 10 cities in five states. The most widely known and controversial operations being the ATF's Phoenix AZ field division.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

AnnAgain wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, our resident Baboon is adding his two cents of dog shit! The ATF ran a whole series of "gunwalking" sting operations between 2006 and 2011 starting in Tucson and then moving the operations to Phoenix under the supervision of William Newell who later started operation “Fast and Furious’. It started small, to the objections of many involved in it, as it grew bigger and bigger with each new operation. The goal was to track the firearms as they were transferred to higher-level traffickers and key figures in Mexican cartels, in theory leading to their arrests and the dismantling of the cartels. Firearms "walked" by the ATF have been found at violent crime scenes on both sides of the Mexico–United States border ever since its inception in 2006, including the deaths of hundreds of Mexicans and at least one U.S. federal agent. Eventually dissenting ATF agents came forward to Congress in response to having become increasingly controversial in both countries, and diplomatic relations have been damaged as a result. Curiously, the very Gov’t official who finally put an end to the highly questionable program is now being prosecuted for it – is this a great country or what?!
There are rumors of "gunwalking" in at least 10 cities in five states. The most widely known and controversial operations being the ATF's Phoenix AZ field division.
Sorry ... Not in the slightest what happened....

The first program was called Wide Receiver... That program was to track a specific group of gun runners... Each gun had a tracking device in the weapon, each weapon was tracked by helicopter and ground, The Mexican law enforcement was informed of the program from the start and every time a weapon crossed the boarder... There were about 1400 weapons put into play ... At some point a few of tracking chips were found by the gun runners and removed... Since they were being individually tracked as soon as this happened the program was ended, that was in 2007... And the Mexican along with US law enforcement raided the cartels operations and 1,200 arrests were made and 1250 of the 1400 weapons were recovered and destroyed...

2 years after the Wide Receiver program was ended. those that remember the News Media stories at the time will remember there were a bunch of reports of American guns going to Mexico by the media but it was also reported that the vast majority were coming from south America.. The several ATF offices started Fast and Furious.. over 2,200 weapons were sent... Not a single weapon had a tracking device installed, Not a single gun runner was under surveillance... When several gun shop called ATF to report people trying to buy lots of guns the AFT told the shops to sell them anyway.. When local law enforcement became aware of the gun sales the ATF stopped them from making arrests... The ATF also contacted boarder crossings to make sure the shipments were not stopped... And at no time did the ATF or DOJ ever tell any Mexican law enforcement of the program or a single shipment of guns into Mexico...

Of the 2,200 weapons sent into Mexico the only weapons recovered were those found at crimes scenes and murders... of those 2,200 weapons 1,400 plus are still unaccounted for and will be killing people for decades to come... And there is no doubt that some of those guns will cross back into the US and kill Americans on US soil in the future. So far those guns have been traced to the deaths of 2 American Agents as 400 Mexicans..

My personal view is that the DOJ did this for one purpose.. To flood Mexico with weapons so that when they are found it can be used as a talking point to tighten US gun laws and get the Assault Weapons ban reinstated... They did not think that someone would blow the whistle blowers which is how this came to light.. Someone in ATF leaked memos and the program was stopped After it was leaked that it even existed....

rider

Gwinn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry ... Not in the slightest what happened....
The first program was called Wide Receiver... That program was to track a specific group of gun runners... Each gun had a tracking device in the weapon, each weapon was tracked by helicopter and ground, The Mexican law enforcement was informed of the program from the start and every time a weapon crossed the boarder... There were about 1400 weapons put into play ... At some point a few of tracking chips were found by the gun runners and removed... Since they were being individually tracked as soon as this happened the program was ended, that was in 2007... And the Mexican along with US law enforcement raided the cartels operations and 1,200 arrests were made and 1250 of the 1400 weapons were recovered and destroyed...
2 years after the Wide Receiver program was ended. those that remember the News Media stories at the time will remember there were a bunch of reports of American guns going to Mexico by the media but it was also reported that the vast majority were coming from south America.. The several ATF offices started Fast and Furious.. over 2,200 weapons were sent... Not a single weapon had a tracking device installed, Not a single gun runner was under surveillance... When several gun shop called ATF to report people trying to buy lots of guns the AFT told the shops to sell them anyway.. When local law enforcement became aware of the gun sales the ATF stopped them from making arrests... The ATF also contacted boarder crossings to make sure the shipments were not stopped... And at no time did the ATF or DOJ ever tell any Mexican law enforcement of the program or a single shipment of guns into Mexico...
Of the 2,200 weapons sent into Mexico the only weapons recovered were those found at crimes scenes and murders... of those 2,200 weapons 1,400 plus are still unaccounted for and will be killing people for decades to come... And there is no doubt that some of those guns will cross back into the US and kill Americans on US soil in the future. So far those guns have been traced to the deaths of 2 American Agents as 400 Mexicans..
My personal view is that the DOJ did this for one purpose.. To flood Mexico with weapons so that when they are found it can be used as a talking point to tighten US gun laws and get the Assault Weapons ban reinstated... They did not think that someone would blow the whistle blowers which is how this came to light.. Someone in ATF leaked memos and the program was stopped After it was leaked that it even existed....
Tosh Plumlee could clear things up for you!
Sam Waters

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

No one wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t mock President Bush’s name even though I do believe he made a number of mistakes, especially starting wars that he not only did not fund, but also cut taxes, political wars that resulted in needlessly wasting American lives that he justified as appropriate reaction to 911.

Nor do I blame President Bush for all problems in America, which of course would be ridiculous, even though it is true that President Obama inherited wars and an economic depression that were a direct result of some of his policies, including the above mentioned an others, most notably financial deregulation.

I dont think the issue is that Democrats want to “get even,” we’ve just been recovering.

Finally, I believe it is at least sexist to mock the name of MSNBC to imply that it would have anything to do with PMS, even though you appear to disagree without exception with its progressive advocacy.
No one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Sam Waters wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t mock President Bush’s name even though I do believe he made a number of mistakes, especially starting wars that he not only did not fund, but also cut taxes, political wars that resulted in needlessly wasting American lives that he justified as appropriate reaction to 911.
Nor do I blame President Bush for all problems in America, which of course would be ridiculous, even though it is true that President Obama inherited wars and an economic depression that were a direct result of some of his policies, including the above mentioned an others, most notably financial deregulation.
I dont think the issue is that Democrats want to “get even,” we’ve just been recovering.
Finally, I believe it is at least sexist to mock the name of MSNBC to imply that it would have anything to do with PMS, even though you appear to disagree without exception with its progressive advocacy.
Thanks for a civil response, not used to seeing many.

Bush abandonded the fiscal conservatism that brought me to the republican party several years ago. He was in way over his head and was a major disappointment at the least.

I just wish the election would come down to policy rather than posturing, but I suppose that will come with the debates.

Sorry about the p on msnbc, was just a response to others that cannot post without wingnuz or faux news because thats all they have and lack any logic. Like I said, I watch Morning Joe to get that perspective, and don't really have a problem with Rachel & crew, but people that hate fox usually eat her up. Can't have it both ways.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Hazard Forum right now

Search the Hazard Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting in Leatherwood ! 24 min Next door 15
Wants a black guy! 26 min Happily Divorced Woman 5
Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized? 40 min I Dont Throw Stones 7
Daniel Boone Tavern/Steakhouse!! 5 hr Yummy 22
Thea Williams and Justin Miller 5 hr Poor girl 4
wanting to buy 5 hr beth 1
Huge yard sale 5 hr beth 2
next Perry circuit judge (Jul '11) 7 hr stop please 52
Perry County Coal and Teco 15 hr doc holiday 23