Man of God, or con artist? 'Walking Preacher' arrives in Dyersburg

Feb 2, 2008 | Posted by: papadood | Full story: www.stategazette.com

Man of God or con artist? That seems to be the question about James Bowman, who calls himself "The Walking Preacher". Bowman, who turned 52 on Monday, has been walking through the area trying to give his ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
hmmmmmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 4, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

crazier things have happened!!! i once heard of a man who turned water into wine, healed the sick and rose from death!! doesn't mean i am buying either story...
Hayti Native

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 4, 2008
 
I feel sorry for you - non believer!
hmmmmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 6, 2008
 
no need to feel sorry for me. you can believe anything you like, please allow me to do so also without your " judgement".

questions? do you believe the walking preacher? honestly believe him? everything he says?
guest

Caruthersville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 6, 2008
 
guess I missed it
Hayti Native

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 7, 2008
 
No I do not believe the walking preacher. According to the paper he is a LIAR
hmmmmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 8, 2008
 
Hayti Native wrote:
No I do not believe the walking preacher. According to the paper he is a LIAR
so the paper and you are judging this man...how HOLY is that?

I feel everyone is free to believe in whatever religion they please. But in doing so you shouldn't knock anyone else's beliefs or non-belief. You should live what you say you believe. I think it would make a better impact upon others when you try to voice those beliefs. At least it would have merit then. In other words, do not judge me or this man without judging yourself first!
Anon

Bisbee, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 8, 2008
 
The State Gazette has been wrong about many things and is well known for misquoting and falsifying information to make their story better.

Chris Rimel from the State Gazette loves to stir up trouble. It's what keeps him in a job.

Just ask around town. LOTS of people have been burned by him.

If you want to read the news, pick up the Jackson Sun. Otherwise, you're better off subscribing to the Weekly World News than you are the State Gazette. At least the Weekly World News is entertaining.
no doubt

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 18, 2008
 
I believe him.
No judge

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 10, 2008
 
False prophet and false messiahs shall rise and show signs and wonders to seduce if possible the elect of God. This is not judgement just a statement that may possibly be true. To me, this is true and happening.
No judge

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 10, 2008
 
hmmmmmmm wrote:
crazier things have happened!!! i once heard of a man who turned water into wine, healed the sick and rose from death!! doesn't mean i am buying either story...
Every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess--- You finish the sentence!!!!
AGP

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 6, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Met the preacher this past weekend in Talbotten, Georgia. Never asked for anything, but did tell of a few things he needed--haircut, sunblock, t-shirts. Fed him and listened to his stories. Don't know if he's a scammer or not, but we enjoyed his company. He admitted to a very bad past. I've seen people change for the better, so why not him too? By the way, he was walking and said he always took a ride when it was offered but that most of the time he walks. God will be the judge and jury--not me.
Downtown Cooter

Caruthersville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 6, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Walking Preacher is a scam artist. I heard from a local deputy that he is a scammer.
Check it out

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 6, 2008
 
Wondering if this is the same one that was in Kennett several weeks ago. He was a scammer and only wanted money. I think the church was a litle upset over him ???????
Bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 7, 2008
 
No judge wrote:
False prophet and false messiahs shall rise and show signs and wonders to seduce if possible the elect of God. This is not judgement just a statement that may possibly be true. To me, this is true and happening.
This is quite true, don't have anything to do with this man.
True

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 7, 2008
 
hmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
so the paper and you are judging this man...how HOLY is that?
I feel everyone is free to believe in whatever religion they please. But in doing so you shouldn't knock anyone else's beliefs or non-belief. You should live what you say you believe. I think it would make a better impact upon others when you try to voice those beliefs. At least it would have merit then. In other words, do not judge me or this man without judging yourself first!
Well said..."Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself"
guest

Lynn Haven, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 9, 2008
 
this was so wiered,he came to my church,we found out he is a fake and he only wants to trick christian people,i find this very wrong and rude
Neverdunit

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 13, 2008
 
So the man bought beer and Lottery tickets with the money. He didn't say what he would do with the money when we gave it to him. He didn't ask for money, he merely suggested money when asked what he needed most.
bopper

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 2, 2008
 
I met James Bowman on August 30 2008 in Rowlands PA. All the writings on the Web have me concerned he spent two days with my family. We gave him clothes money and food. He was a gentlemen but the info that he was a rapist and murderer have me upset. I hope that the help we gave him does not come back to haunt me. He claims to have given away 2 million dollars from a book advance to be published in October. I may have been beat for a few bucks and a few meals it just upsets me if he was dangerous how could I have been so stupid.
Lessons learned

Prescott, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 2, 2008
 
bopper wrote:
I met James Bowman on August 30 2008 in Rowlands PA. All the writings on the Web have me concerned he spent two days with my family. We gave him clothes money and food. He was a gentlemen but the info that he was a rapist and murderer have me upset. I hope that the help we gave him does not come back to haunt me. He claims to have given away 2 million dollars from a book advance to be published in October. I may have been beat for a few bucks and a few meals it just upsets me if he was dangerous how could I have been so stupid.
You helped someone that you thought could use it. That's the most Christian thing you could have done and, it seems, God was looking out for you and keeping you from harm.
Don't look back and regret doing what you thought was right. Look forward having learned from the experience and be thankful. Whether or not Mr. Bowman had a relationship with God is irrelevant. God was with you and your family in those days. That speaks more than anything Mr. Bowman can teach or tell anyone.
DRR

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 3, 2008
 
I vote Con-Man

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hayti Discussions

Search the Hayti Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ryans budget plan 1 hr Class of 81 14
Pretending to be a nurse 1 hr Ddub 56
Sara Crawford (Aug '09) 7 hr Nah 13
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 8 hr LIBERALS are WORTHLESS 92,174
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 11 hr concerned citizen 12 18,910
harris girls 11 hr justin 1
Pemiscot County School Board races heat up 17 hr guest 27
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hayti Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hayti People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••