Two towns to buy natural gas at planned Kings Park pump

Full story: Newsday

Smithtown and Huntington have entered a new partnership to buy compressed natural gas at a future Kings Park pumping station that, officials said, allows both towns to expand their CNG vehicle fleets and maintain more stable fuel prices over the next few years.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Bull Feathers

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2009

So the Huntington Sanitation Department can avoid picking up grass, sticks that aren't 4 feet long, AND tied up with a bow. Taxes go higher in Huntington, while services dwindle.
Something

Ramsey, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

Something - Defined as "More than nothing, yet; less than enough".

At least they are doing something. May this be the first in a long line of changes which will lead us back to being in homeostasis with our environment.
EXLI

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

Why don't you go live in a tent on the prairie if you want homeostasis with the environment? Just don't drag the rest of us with you.
Bill Huntington

Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

So Huntington will pay 18 cents and 32cents more in 3 years??I realize the pump will be on Smithtown land but is not that gas underground also coming from Huntington land which is only a mile of so away?This happened in PA where a land owner is paid for the pump on his land while a neighbor gets nothing,a lot of law suits are going on about that.Should not a referendum vote be held on this?Could this be called dealing under the table??A deal is already been made and then they tell us?
ralph

Ronkonkoma, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

what happened with this
where is the pumping station

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Hauppauge News Video

•••
•••

Hauppauge Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hauppauge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••