granny

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2007

Why is it printed and who is paying for the home forecloser notices printed in the Banner every week.It is very imbarrsing to the home owners and there families.Probly 75% of Barry county has been or knows some one who has had there notice of forecloser in the Banner.If it be by way of loosing a job,or having a accident and are down for months, its hard enought going thought the threat of loosing your house and then having to read about it is a slam in the face.
Does any one out there feel the same?
Lori

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2007

I totally feel the same way. I was agast when I moved here and found that such things were printed. To many residents of this county have fell on hard times with so many factories closing, and cut backs with-in other areas. Whether it be from divorce, sickness or just losing your means of income I don't understand why it is printed in a paper for all to see. Some say it has to be posted - well, what it is wrong with it being on a public notice wall in the court house, or the library. I guess I just feel that the paper is a humiliating way of letting a very personal and trying time in ones life to become "news".

As for who pays the cost of publishing, perhaps - it is "We The People" since it is a "Public Notice". It is a shame that expenses like this aren't routed back to things that this county needs -- such as more money into our schools - Or SIDEWALKS that actually flow down an entire street besides GREEN.
maggie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2007

although it is ashame that people do fall on hard times it is he law that foreclosures are "posted". Who pays? Well the mortage companies pay for the ads to run, usually by the attorney listed at the bottom.
granny wrote:
Why is it printed and who is paying for the home forecloser notices printed in the Banner every week.It is very imbarrsing to the home owners and there families.Probly 75% of Barry county has been or knows some one who has had there notice of forecloser in the Banner.If it be by way of loosing a job,or having a accident and are down for months, its hard enought going thought the threat of loosing your house and then having to read about it is a slam in the face.
Does any one out there feel the same?
Jenkins

Oscoda, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2007

I just brother Keith Jenkins just passed away on Jan. 26,2007 I am attempting to find out if there are any of his class mates still in the Hasting area. Any ideas.
John

Hastings, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2007

This will make you even siker about hastings,look whats going on now about their public school system.You this this storie will be in the Banner?

http://www.saveoursaxons.com/
ExPat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2007

Why don't you bitches worry about the problems of Bellaire and Lowell? Or don't they have any?
Curious

Plainwell, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2007

What is really sad is, people from Hastings can not spell or use proper punctuation. What would be the first clue there is a problem in the school system?
Beer Fart

Hastings, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

Hickory Corners, I Like the incorrect grammar and punctuation you use.
elmer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

the banner is just a simple paper published by simple minded people for simple minded people. exlax from lansing why don't you stick up your arse?
jim

Traverse City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2007

Its not that the paper gets some pervese enjoyment out of printing these notices. You'll notice that they appear under the legal notice heading. They are just that, legal notices and the paper is required by law to print them.
CaptHowdy

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Curious wrote:
What is really sad is, people from Hastings can not spell or use proper punctuation. What would be the first clue there is a problem in the school system?
Wait...your from Delton. And if you had proper writing skills you would know that the first sentence is a run on. There is no conjunction.
Ginger

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

Curious wrote:
Way back when I went to parent/teacher conferences for my son....I brought up to the husband/wife teacher team that I was upset that my son kept getting pased ahead even though his spelling was awful. The wife replied with a laugh....."Well, MY HUSBAND can't spell either." Then they laughed.
Tinkler

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

Ginger,ever consider sitting down and helping your son with his spelling?
Ginger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Tinkler wrote:
Ginger,ever consider sitting down and helping your son with his spelling?
Yes I did....The rest of the story is that he had some learning problems....we had him in a couple of programs that were to help, but as long as the schools didn't take it serious....you know...a support system...it just didn't work. If they could have only been serious about it instead of making it a joke.
My son is a wonderful young man today and very smart in his field, but I still am a bit sad about the spelling.
Bocephus48017

Troy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Judged:

CaptHowdy wrote:
<quoted text>Wait...your from Delton. And if you had proper writing skills you would know that the first sentence is a run on. There is no conjunction.
CaptHowdy.... I believe your comment should read: "Wait...you're from Delton" or "Wait...you are from Delton".

The Web is exposing to the world the poor the writing skills of Americans today. Teachers complain about not earning enough money. Their pay should be based upon the test scores of their students.
Inmates should not be allowed to be paroled from our prisons until they can pass a standard test on Math, English, History and Science. It is time for the State of Michigan to step up and educate people who are under the State's control.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hastings Discussions

Search the Hastings Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Freeport, MI (Jun '12) Apr 13 Go Blue Forever 8
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 109
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Mar 27 rider 5,463
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 301
Child Support Fraud (Dec '07) Mar '14 Child support fraud 43
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Delton, MI (May '12) Mar '14 me 3
Me and pot Feb '14 Gilbrt Haskin 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hastings Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hastings People Search