successful four year high school plan part 2 (parenting)
Posted in the Harvey Forum
#1 Aug 25, 2011
1. Be a student at being a parent ... thereís always room to improve. Read parenting books, attend seminars, and learn from others. Etc.
2. Be a person of your word!
3. Set high expectations for your child and yourself and discuss them with your child.
4. Outline routines, chores, responsibilities, and set limits. Children need and desire boundaries, discipline, and guidance.
5. Let your child know verbally and by example, what your family values are.. it gives them a sense of value and family pride.
6. Be generally inquisitive about your child both in school and at home.
7. Create a positive partnership with your childís teachers.
8. Get involved in the school programs.
9. Support your childís interest. Attend their games, programs, etc.
10. Speak to your child with respect and demand the same from your child.
11. Let your child know that you are proud of them, you love them, you believe in them, you support them, and give them hugs.
12. DONíT tell them what they canít accomplish. And, donít allow anyone else kill or block your childís dreams.
13. Have access to your childís E-mail account, Myspace, or Facebook accounts.
14. Do not allow them to go into chat rooms on the computer.
15. Limit their phone calls during the school week.
16. KNOW YOUR CHILD!
17. Put aside time to spend with just your child. Schedule that time in your calendar if necessary.
18. Teach them and demonstrate self respect and respect for others.
19. Ground them in your faith.
20. A FAMILY THAT PRAYS TOGETHER ... STAYS TOGETHER ....
For high school students, make sure they take the ACT PLUS exam.
#2 Sep 2, 2011
Add your comments below
|Underage high school drinking||7 hr||Mary Jane||41|
|JAWA water project (Jun '12)||7 hr||Numbers||580|
|The BIIPS Have REEKED HAVOC on the Lives of Blu...||10 hr||The Peoples Business||31|
|2 Blue Island brothers in line for 6 government... (Nov '13)||11 hr||Mind Your Business||53|
|Justice for Carlos Salgado (Jun '11)||11 hr||Mind Your Business||71|
|Oak Forest Man Dies in Tow-Truck Mishap||12 hr||concerned taxpayer||1|
Find what you want!
Search Harvey Forum Now
Copyright © 2014 Topix LLC