Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Harrisburg Forum

Comments (Page 1,068)

Showing posts 21,341 - 21,360 of51,257
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

Mon Valley Independent wrote:
What kind of sadistic bastard does this?
The Post article also describes another episode in which Mr. Romney was accused of mistreating a mostly blind teacher at the Cranbrook School.
In that episode, students recalled that Mr. Romney purposely guided the blind teacher, known affectionately as “the Bat,” into a closed door.
It seems the pattern for Romney was targeting the weak.

And that pattern hasn't changed over time.
Cant recall

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Hair Hacking: In 1965, Mitt Romney Hazed A Person Presumed To Be Gay By Holding Him Down And Cutting His Hair

This means Robney still hates the gay people..........just doesnt admit it.

Is this the real Mitt Romney? This incident, now that it has been made public, is an existential moment for Romney. He needs to speak to this. Does he regret what happened? Has he ever apologized to this person? Mitt Romney’s cut-throat cruelty and callousness here are striking. Absent a serious expression of sincere and utter regret, I certainly do not want such a character to be President of the United States.

If he tries to rationalize, deny, or minimalize this incident, it will speak volumes about him.

Would you ever do such a thing, taking from another person their freedom and dignity?

This was Mitt Romney, as an adult (he was 18 in 1965), holding down a fellow student, restraining him forcibly, shaming him before others, and physically defacing his appearance (hacking off his hair). It’s a wonder this didn’t result in the student committing suicide.

And, frankly, it says a lot about you that you would defend Romney’s behavior.

Worst of all, it says a lot about Romney that he’s already in bullshit mode on this, claiming he can’t recall such a brutal and psychologically warped action. If he doesn’t remember, it’s creepy. If he does remember—which he obviously does—it’s creepy how he’s responding.
TaxNoMore

Canoga Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

Dan the Man
Carlisle, PA

sez

(1) All Bush Tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 will expire this December. By January 2013 the maximum tax rate for those earning $200,000 or more will rise to the pre-Bush tax rate of 39.6%. This includes 4.5 million business owners that fall into this category. It is these business owners that create 76% of all jobs in the economy. This single item is a tax rise of 13.1%.

(2) All itemized deductions and exemptions will be limited for those earning $200,000 or more. That is a difficult increase in revenue to quantify in relative terms, but some of the studies place it at around 2% to 3.6%, adding an average of an extra 2.4% point rise on the top rate.
- Items (1) and (2) takes the top marginal tax rate to 42%, an increase of 20%.

(3) Capital gains taxes will rise from 15% to 20%. A raise of 33%.

(4) Dividend taxes will go back to the pre-Bush era of 39.6% from 15% today. This is the tax that most affects the senior population. It is an increase of 164%. Yes, it is not a mathematical error - an increase of 164%.
- We might remind you that Capital Gains, as well as dividend taxes, represent "double taxation" - this money has already been taxed before. One for the "fair" count of Mr. Obama.

(5) A brand new invented tax, courtesy of ObamaCare, is a new tax of 0.9% on top of the 2.9% of the Medicare tax for those earning $200,000 or more. This is an increase of 31%.

(6) Equally for those above $200,000, a new 3.8% surcharge on investment income and including interest income. This automatically increases capital gains taxes to 23.8%, representing a total increase in taxation for this sector of 60%.
- Again, we would like to remind our readers that capital gains taxation punishes the element most needed for the creation of jobs - investment.

- Once we add to the top marginal tax rate of 39.6% the cost of new norms on exemptions and deductions and the investment tax surcharge from ObamaCare, plus the cost of the new corporate dividend rate, the total top marginal tax rate reaches 64%(estimated by the WSJ).

(7) The poor, or those that are presently paying no taxes but that are gainfully employed, will pay the old pre-Bush tax of 10%.
- An item that the Administration has not been able to extricate from the pre-Bush taxes but is keeping awfully quiet about it.

(8) Estate and gift taxes will rise from 35% to 55-60%, and the exemption will drop from 5 million to 1 million. It represents an increase of 57-71%.
- This is another "double taxation" item.

(9) Oil and Gas production incentives will be repealed.
- Besides the estimated cost of $41 billion to the industry, it will be reflected in the price of gas. This one comes directly out of your pocket.

(10) The present payroll tax break expires in December and it will go back up by 2%.

(11) On top of this avalanche of taxation (only partly listed above) is another new tax called "the Buffet Rule" that will tax anybody making more than 1 million with a minimum tax of 30%. This, by all practical purposes, raises the capital gains tax from 15% today, to a final 30%- an increase of 100% on investment income.
Roger

Cumberland, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>

I do not lie.
Yes you do lie and we all know it and have proved it over and over again.
Jesse J

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Dan the Man wrote:
Good Lord! What the hell is wrong with these people!
----------
Trayvon Martin gun range targets sold online
ORLANDO, Fla.—An unidentified entrepreneur admits he is trying to profit off Trayvon Martin’s death by selling gun range targets featuring the teen who’s death has sparked a nationwide controversy.
Although Martin’s face does not appear on the paper targets, they feature a hoodie with crosshairs aimed at the chest. A bag of Skittles is tucked in the pocket and a hand is holding a can resembling iced tea.
The seller would not disclose how many paper targets had been made, but said in an email, "The response is overwhelming. I sold out in 2 days."
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/news/Trayvon...
8 bucks for the target and $7.50 for shipping????????

Might stimulate the economy,,,,,LOL!
Or at least his business.....

Really sick,,,,,,,,,,I guess this is a freedom of speech.
Wonder when Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will arrive at his place??

Maybe the good Reverend is out banging chicks like he was years ago???????
Cant Recall

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Hair Hacking: In 1965, Mitt Romney Hazed A Person Presumed To Be Gay By Holding Him Down And Cutting His Hair

This means Robney still hates the gay people..........just doesnt admit it.

Is this the real Mitt Romney? This incident, now that it has been made public, is an existential moment for Romney. He needs to speak to this. Does he regret what happened? Has he ever apologized to this person? Mitt Romney’s cut-throat cruelty and callousness here are striking. Absent a serious expression of sincere and utter regret, I certainly do not want such a character to be President of the United States.

If he tries to rationalize, deny, or minimalize this incident, it will speak volumes about him.

Would you ever do such a thing, taking from another person their freedom and dignity?

This was Mitt Romney, as an adult (he was 18 in 1965), holding down a fellow student, restraining him forcibly, shaming him before others, and physically defacing his appearance (hacking off his hair). It’s a wonder this didn’t result in the student committing suicide.

And, frankly, it says a lot about you that you would defend Romney’s behavior.

Worst of all, it says a lot about Romney that he’s already in bullshit mode on this, claiming he can’t recall such a brutal and psychologically warped action. If he doesn’t remember, it’s creepy. If he does remember—which he obviously does—it’s creepy how he’s responding !!!!!!!!!
Roger

Cumberland, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

It's about the economy

Voters Give Romney Slight Edge Over Obama on Economy

May 10, 2012

More registered voters (61%) say Mitt Romney would do a good job of handling the economy over the next four years than say this about President Obama (52%). But when asked to choose who would do better, voters are more evenly split.
Dan the Man wrote:
From Gallup...
Obama Has Big Likability Edge Over Romney
"Registered voters are nearly twice as likely to say Barack Obama, rather than Mitt Romney, is the more likable of the two presidential candidates. Obama's 60% to 31% advantage on this characteristic is the largest for either candidate on five separate dimensions tested in a May 1-2 USA Today/Gallup poll."
http://www.gallup.com/poll/154547/Obama-Big-L...
Previously from Gallup...
Favorable Ratings as Predictors of the Election Outcome
"A positive sign for Obama's prospects of becoming the 44th U.S. president is that the candidate who has had the higher favorable rating among likely voters at the end of the election has been elected president each time since 1992."
http://www.gallup.com/poll/111439/Obama-McCai...
Still waiting for the rightwingers to describe Romney's path to 270 electoral votes, but none seem to be able to do it.
I'm also still waiting for a list of Romney's accomplishments. Nobody wants to attempt that one either.
When your own party doesn't much like you and can't muster the energy to advocate for you, there's really not much chance that you can get elected to the hardest job in the world.
TaxNoMore

Canoga Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

Dan the Man
Carlisle, PA

sez

Obama to Seniors: You Make Too Much Money

Hidden deep within the depths of Obama’s record-breaking 2013 budget proposal is a tax increase shifting our economic burden to wealthy Americans, but carrying the unintended side effect of limiting the incomes of all Americans ... especially seniors.

In order to do so, Obama proposes raising the dividend tax rate to match that of next year’s top personal income rate of 40%.

By itself, that would equal a rate 166% higher than the current one.

However, according to the Wall Street Journal, if you include the expected phased-out tax deductions and a 3.8% ObamaCare surcharge that is due to take effect at the same time, those rates will further increase to 45%, three times the current dividend tax rate.

Republicans have two serious concerns with this proposal.

First, the funds that companies pay in dividends have already been taxed at the corporate rate, leading to a situation of double taxation.

Second, the increase in taxes is going to place a significant burden on seniors who depend on this income for retirement.

http://politic365.com/2012/02/24/obama-to-sen...
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

Cant Recall wrote:
He claims to not even remember the incident.

Another person present remembers it this way...

----------

Former Romney Classmate Describes ‘Bullying Supreme’– A ‘Pack of Dogs’ Who Targeted ‘Different’ Boy

“It’s a haunting memory. I think it was for everybody that spoke up about it… because when you see somebody who is simply different taken down that way and is terrified and you see that look in their eye you never forget it. And that was what we all walked away with,” said Phillip Maxwell, who is now an attorney and still considers Romney an old friend.

“I saw it with my own eyes,” said Maxwell, of the anecdote first reported by the Washington Post. Maxwell said Romney held the scissors helping to cut the hair of a student, John Lauber, who was presumed to be gay and who had long hair.“It was a hack job… clumps of hair taken off.” Maxwell said he held the boy’s arm and leg, describing he and his friends as a “pack of dogs.”

Asked if Lauber was targeted because he was gay, as reported by the Post, Maxwell said,“We didn’t know that word in those days… but there were other words that were used. We weren’t ignorant, we just didn’t use the current names for things." ...

“This was bullying supreme,” he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/...

----------

We have two options:

Romney is so callous that, unlike all those others involved in this assault, he has forgotten it.

Or he is a liar.
TaxNoMore

Canoga Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

Dan the Man
Carlisle, PA

sez

I do not lie.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

Cant Recall wrote:
Worst of all, it says a lot about Romney that he’s already in bullshit mode on this, claiming he can’t recall such a brutal and psychologically warped action. If he doesn’t remember, it’s creepy. If he does remember—which he obviously does—it’s creepy how he’s responding !!!!!!!!!
Responded before I got to this part.

Listen to the interview. When Romney was asked about the incident, he laughed. He LAUGHED!

The other men who were involved in the incident have spontaneously reported deep feelings of regret and shame. Romney laughs it off.

America, you have a real choice this November - a callous bully who consistently sides with the powerful or a President who stands up for those with no power in our society.
TaxNoMore

Canoga Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

Dan the Man
Carlisle, PA

sez

Obama to Seniors: You Make Too Much Money

Hidden deep within the depths of Obama’s record-breaking 2013 budget proposal is a tax increase shifting our economic burden to wealthy Americans, but carrying the unintended side effect of limiting the incomes of all Americans ... especially seniors.

In order to do so, Obama proposes raising the dividend tax rate to match that of next year’s top personal income rate of 40%.

By itself, that would equal a rate 166% higher than the current one.

However, according to the Wall Street Journal, if you include the expected phased-out tax deductions and a 3.8% ObamaCare surcharge that is due to take effect at the same time, those rates will further increase to 45%, three times the current dividend tax rate.

Republicans have two serious concerns with this proposal.

First, the funds that companies pay in dividends have already been taxed at the corporate rate, leading to a situation of double taxation.

Second, the increase in taxes is going to place a significant burden on seniors who depend on this income for retirement.

http://politic365.com/2012/02/24/obama-to-sen ...
Ted

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see - you don't personally oppose extending equal rights to homosexuals, you just defend those who do. A distinction without a difference. What a typically cowardly position for you to take. LOL!
I do not lie. Every accusation you've made that I have lied has been nothing but a willful distortion of my words or claims that I've said things that I simply have not.
And I TOTALLY notice that you don't take positions on issues here. All you do is make dishonest personal attacks on me. I've said that over and over - your obsessive fixation on me is the whole reason you're here. It's your reason for being. Attacking me is what DEFINES you. I've been making that point forever, so it's nice to see you finally admitting it. Thank you.
Your self-righteous, holier-than-thou attitude is that of an insincere attention whore.

Your psychotic retort, danny BOY, condemns me because I support the right of others to have their own opinions about things. In so doing you condemn me for their opinions. That makes as much sense as blaming an attorney for the actions of a client.

You have great difficulty differentiating.

It's clear you believe all opinions different from your own makes others wrong, cowards or bigots.

You lie in saying you do not lie. Many on this thread have pointed out your embellishments, distortions and lies.

You are a pathological liar, danny BOY.
did-u-c-that

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

So it is just coming out now that Romney was a bully 45 years ago. Who really cares what Romney did 45 years ago when he was a teenager in high school? Seems likes it was timed perfectly, Obama comes out about gay marriage and oh, that's right, we just happen to have a story that we put together over night about Romney bullying a gay teenager back in 65(whom he says he doesn't even recall the incident and didn't even know the guy was gay until years later and the family of Lauber are outraged that he was used in this smear story) So what!!! Is it going to make any difference in the election? Did it make any difference in the election of Obama that he was a druggie back in his high school/college years? NO!!! Move on people. There are a hell of alot more important things to be worried about than Romney being a bully 45 years ago. Seriously!!! If the Washington Post really wanted this to have any kind of impact,(which it probably wouldn't have) they would have waited until right before the election to have brought this story out. But no, it fit the agenda, so lets use it now.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Ted wrote:
It's clear you believe all opinions different from your own makes others wrong, cowards or bigots.
I have no doubt that's what you believe. It's caused either by a mental disorder or willful distortion of the facts. It doesn't really matter which. Either way you are wrong.

I believe the racism and bigotry are wrong. They are wrong whether or not that's my opinion. Their wrongness exists independent of my observation or opinion on them.

Water is not wet just because that's my opinion. The sun is not hot just because that's my opinion. Snow is not cold just because that's my opinion.

And people who support bigotry are not wrong just because that's my opinion.

You inability to comprehend this reveals your profound lack of character and morality. Your constant lying about my position is further proof of those deficits.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

Ted wrote:
Your psychotic retort, danny BOY, condemns me because I support the right of others to have their own opinions about things. In so doing you condemn me for their opinions. That makes as much sense as blaming an attorney for the actions of a client.
You support and defend bigoted opinions. That is morally repugnant. I'm not condemning you for others' opinions - I'm condemning you for supporting and defending them.

You think it's okay for people to discriminate against minorities. That in and of itself is worthy of condemnation, even if you don't yourself discriminate against minorities.

Again, this is clearly too complex an idea for your stunted intellect to comprehend so I guess we're just going to have to leave it here.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

did-u-c-that wrote:
So it is just coming out now that Romney was a bully 45 years ago. Who really cares what Romney did 45 years ago when he was a teenager in high school? Seems likes it was timed perfectly, Obama comes out about gay marriage and oh, that's right, we just happen to have a story that we put together over night about Romney bullying a gay teenager back in 65(whom he says he doesn't even recall the incident and didn't even know the guy was gay until years later and the family of Lauber are outraged that he was used in this smear story) So what!!! Is it going to make any difference in the election? Did it make any difference in the election of Obama that he was a druggie back in his high school/college years? NO!!! Move on people. There are a hell of alot more important things to be worried about than Romney being a bully 45 years ago. Seriously!!! If the Washington Post really wanted this to have any kind of impact,(which it probably wouldn't have) they would have waited until right before the election to have brought this story out. But no, it fit the agenda, so lets use it now.
If this pattern of callousness toward the weak had stopped when Romney was 18, that would be one thing.

But he's left a pattern of policies and business decisions that reveal the attitude remains. Pointing out incidents of callousness from 1965 doesn't condemn him in 2012 - it merely helps paint a fuller picture of the man's character.

You're probably right - this in and of itself likely won't change anyone's vote. But hopefully this piece of the whole picture of the man will help people form a more accurate opinion of Mitt Romney's deep character flaws.
did-u-c-that

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Now, private citizens are being investigated for donating to a political campaign. To try and find dirt on a private donor and then publish it online, I find repugnant and consider it to be dirty politics on either side of the campaign.

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

did-u-c-that wrote:
But he is lying about it today.

id he so many of these acts he can't remember this one?

And really, kids in the 60's knew about homosexual people.
TaxNoMore

Canoga Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
If this pattern of callousness toward the weak had stopped when Romney was 18, that would be one thing.
But he's left a pattern of policies and business decisions that reveal the attitude remains. Pointing out incidents of callousness from 1965 doesn't condemn him in 2012 - it merely helps paint a fuller picture of the man's character.
You're probably right - this in and of itself likely won't change anyone's vote. But hopefully this piece of the whole picture of the man will help people form a more accurate opinion of Mitt Romney's deep character flaws.

Pointing out incidents of callousness from 1965 doesn't condemn him in 2012 - it merely helps paint a fuller picture of the man's character.

The book reads:

'She remembered how on Sundays Obama would lounge around, drinking coffee and solving the New York Times crossword puzzle, bare-chested, wearing a blue and white sarong.

'His bedroom was closest to the front door, offering a sense of privacy and coziness.

'Genevieve described it in her journal this way:

'I open the door, that Barack keeps closed, to his room, and enter into a warm, private space pervaded by a mixture of smells that so strongly speak of his presence, his liveliness, his habits - running sweat, Brut spray deodorant, smoking, eating raisins, sleeping, breathing.'

An entry dated February 9 1984 reads:

'Today, for the first time, Barack sat on the edge of the bed - dressed - blue jeans and luscious ladies on his chest (a comfy T-shirt depicting buxom women) the end of the front section of the Sunday Times in his hand, looking out the window, and the quality of light reflected from his eyes, windows of the soul, heart, and mind, was so clear, so unmasked, his eyes narrower than he usually holds them looking out the window, usually too aware of me.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21385...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,341 - 21,360 of51,257
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Harrisburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Harrisburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Harrisburg People Search