KYNECT/ACA/Obamacare...Have you signed up yet?

Created by CameronFromHarlan101010 on Oct 1, 2013

110 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

I will sign up later

I refuse to sign up at all & will pay the penelty

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1 Oct 1, 2013
I signed up and got an unbelievable deal on health insurance. Thanks you President Obama!
cowboy

Rozet, WY

#2 Oct 1, 2013
What is your age? Your income? Did you have insurance before? Your premium? Your Deductible? How many dependents? What does "unbelievable mean?
guest

London, KY

#3 Oct 1, 2013
If you don't have health care currently. You may be eligible for free health care. Please go to the site and sign up.
yep

Hyden, KY

#4 Oct 1, 2013
with all the stonewalling the gop could put out affordable health care is here.and its for all. go find your plan.
haha

London, KY

#5 Oct 2, 2013
what all does this stupid stuff cover.? ive not signed up yet.
cowboy

Rozet, WY

#6 Oct 2, 2013
guest wrote:
If you don't have health care currently. You may be eligible for free health care. Please go to the site and sign up.
Well, "guest," that link you posted is accurate as well as fast. Much more informative than the Affordable Health Care site. I wonder if it, too, will get over-loaded?
Rob

London, KY

#7 Oct 2, 2013
Obamacare sucks, and it may take a few years but will eventually be repealed and you low lifes will have to actually work for your insurance, instead of living off the taxpayers..Keep living off others. hahaha...

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#8 Oct 2, 2013
https://kyenroll.ky.gov/ or you can call 1-855-4KYNECT
over

Hyden, KY

#9 Oct 2, 2013
a million people visited the website in ny. from 12 oc.mn. to 7 am.that morning. so the web sites are crowded .good that ky has a good fast and easy site.this is the greatest thing that people needed for yrs.it took 3 presidents to finally get it going .Reagan tried to get it took off, then Clinton.then this president finally got it for the people.we was the last nation to get it.all other big nation have it and have had it for yrs.but they didn't have repub's in their gov.like we do.
mee

London, KY

#10 Oct 4, 2013
CameronFromHarlan101010 wrote:
I signed up and got an unbelievable deal on health insurance. Thanks you President Obama!
yeah and i bet you have a poverty job... I checked it out and i make 21,000 a year and it will cost me close to $180.00 a month.. but if i made $1,000 a month it's free...
yep

Hyden, KY

#11 Oct 4, 2013
mee wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah and i bet you have a poverty job... I checked it out and i make 21,000 a year and it will cost me close to $180.00 a month.. but if i made $1,000 a month it's free...
most of America has been beaten down lot household incomes fall under this level.like 158 million people they need health care to. that's why the plan is already showing big success in missippi and some the biggest republican strong holes .the gop has already seen this and see by their hard line against it its just sinking them ever lower than they are now.so they said this morning that they was no longer going to try and stop it.their fan base has found out that it benefits them and their families.so now the next thing will be to try and tell their fan base that it was their plan all along.and some will buy it for sure.just give them time you will see this come to pass.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#12 Oct 4, 2013
mee wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah and i bet you have a poverty job... I checked it out and i make 21,000 a year and it will cost me close to $180.00 a month.. but if i made $1,000 a month it's free...
I make more than $21000.00 per year. Unless you have some other form og government assistance, you are eligable for help paying for the insurance.
cowboy

Rozet, WY

#13 Oct 4, 2013
mee wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah and i bet you have a poverty job... I checked it out and i make 21,000 a year and it will cost me close to $180.00 a month.. but if i made $1,000 a month it's free...
Don't forget your deductible, "mee" In addition to your $2,160 in annual premiums, you also get to pay your first 55000 in med bills out of pocket -- every year. Assuming you to be young, it will be years before your med expenses get up to $5000 in any year. I have had a catastrophic med history. A lung decortication in '85; 7 cardiac by-passes 16 years later, an aortic valve replaced 2 yrs ago. broke back and shattered pelvis 4 yrs ago. Other than med catastrophies, my meds have never approached your deductible. Medicare has paid, in three years, for ONE flu shot ($10.00) but I've been paying in to medicare since it began in '64. For that one $10.00 payment, I have had $7,000 withheld from my SS. Medicare is secondary to my health insurance but has never paid a dime (other than one flu shot). They don't pay because "your insurance has albeady paid more than we (SS) would allow ..." sorry. The ONLY way O'care is a good deal for you is if (1) you are unemployed (2) impoverished and (3) chronically very ill -- dying.

Lady at clinic yesterday asked Dr to set her up for hip replacementX2. She does not need it -- yet, but O'care and medicare have ruled that those over 76 cannot get hip replacement. Sooo, 11 yr old w cystic fibrosis cannot get lung transplant -- too young and must die. 76 yr old cannot get a new hip because her life expectancy is "too short"-- so she must get a power wheel chair (whichcosts more than the hip replacement surgery) Yeah, Cameron, a good deal ...
guest

Harlan, KY

#14 Oct 4, 2013
I don't get 21000.00 a year and yes I would love to have health insurance but for an older person on meds. I am sure it will be expensive and by the time I pay bills and buy food there is very little left and I don't think you should be fined for not being able to buy insurance and I don't go to the dr. all the time usually when a prescription has run out, you can only do so much and I am confused with all this.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#15 Oct 4, 2013
guest wrote:
I don't get 21000.00 a year and yes I would love to have health insurance but for an older person on meds. I am sure it will be expensive and by the time I pay bills and buy food there is very little left and I don't think you should be fined for not being able to buy insurance and I don't go to the dr. all the time usually when a prescription has run out, you can only do so much and I am confused with all this.
If you make $16000.00 or under, you can get medicaid.
guest

Harlan, KY

#16 Oct 4, 2013
CameronFromHarlan101010 wrote:
<quoted text>If you make $16000.00 or under, you can get medicaid.
thats just it I am between the 16000.00 and the $ 21000.00 so thats not much to live on and be told you buy health insurance or be fined,believe me I know what its like to not be able to go to a dr. when you need to.the obama care program may be good for some but its not going to work for all of us and we shouln't be punished for someting we can't help.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#17 Oct 4, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text> thats just it I am between the 16000.00 and the $ 21000.00 so thats not much to live on and be told you buy health insurance or be fined,believe me I know what its like to not be able to go to a dr. when you need to.the obama care program may be good for some but its not going to work for all of us and we shouln't be punished for someting we can't help.
Still, you do qualify for assistance in paying for the insurance. Have you went to the website for KYNECT or called 1 855 KYNECT?
guest

Harlan, KY

#18 Oct 4, 2013
CameronFromHarlan101010 wrote:
<quoted text>Still, you do qualify for assistance in paying for the insurance. Have you went to the website for KYNECT or called 1 855 KYNECT?
no I haven't yet but I will I didn't think I would qualify for any assistance.I just worry with my age and health it will go against me, it is a couple years before I get medicare so I really do need insurance anyway thanks and I will check into it tomorrow
Max

Hindman, KY

#19 Oct 5, 2013
Why are Republicans lying about the ACA? Many people that could never get health insurance before now can. How many know someone that has been bankrupt over medical bills? I know several. Have you been turned down or dropped from your insurance because you got sick? It happens, and sickness can fall upon you anytime.

What's funny is these same Politicians that don't want you to have insurance will have theirs paid for the rest of their lives. People better wise up and vote these Republicans out of office.
ind

Hyden, KY

#20 Oct 5, 2013
i see this affordable care act a good piece of health care. the only thing i don't agree with on it is the part that forces you to buy it or face a fine.that part needs gone.i have to agree with the gop. on this part.its does take a chunk of our freedom.i think it just opening up the door to many more like this . my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Uncle Tab 154,160
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 12 min Mums the word 81,647
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 17 min Hmmmmmmmmm 5,703
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 31 min Juliet 131,076
$5.00 parking at hchs football games 50 min guest31 9
Robert grubbs 58 min guest31 4
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr Voter 26,287
Krispy Kreme 19 hr honestly 5
Circuit Court Clerk 23 hr Nosey Rosey 18
•••
•••
•••

Harlan Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Harlan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Harlan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Harlan
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••