Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,879

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#85264 Aug 8, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I know... I'm just showing that all religions should be respected... Evolutionist like to make fun of Christians until one turns the tables and shows exactly what their ridiculous theory states... They don't like it none too much...
The first time you say something ridiculous, it's interesting. The second time, it's a little funny. The thousandth time -
I "don't like it none too much..." It's like listening to a skipping Lawrence Welk record.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85265 Aug 8, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You are acting like a christian again!
That's funny coming from one of satan's minions... LOL
O m g

United States

#85266 Aug 8, 2012
What religion what bible ? Why your not mine?
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85267 Aug 8, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Must have is a term evolutionist love... Not only is it not possible for life just spring up from the clay... After that they have major problems with reproduction and dependency... So the best defense is to water down the subject...
Great post!
and soooo true!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85268 Aug 8, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend...your opponent is science. Today it put a radical vehicle on Mars.
You lose.
And has NOTHING to do with evilution!
Even if... they was to find somekind of life,
it just proves God has been there First!
Amen!
defender

United States

#85269 Aug 8, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>The first time you say something ridiculous, it's interesting. The second time, it's a little funny. The thousandth time -
I "don't like it none too much..." It's like listening to a skipping Lawrence Welk record.
So that's why you and mike didn't have anything to say on Tikkaalik or the post about long thought extinct animals with no signs of evolution ... Silly me! I was thinking maybe you didn't have an answer...
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85270 Aug 8, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
We have in just a short time discovered that the very concept of what is alive is murky ... Most people have heard of Mitochondrial DNA but in fact Mitochonodria are Living, Reproducing organisms and live inside the cells of all of us... since there are more living organisms in the human body that human cells in the human body then are those organisms a higher form of life than Us?
So when one of those that wish to debate the beginnings of life on this planet and let human ego take over, I ignore them for the most part as they cannot provide the slightest hint of what constitutes life in the first place... And as I have said many times..."You cannot have a rational, logical debate with an illogical, irrational person"....
Like I said... The body is a complex machine, all the parts working together to carry your spirit in this world...
Nothing more...
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85271 Aug 8, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it? Show the evidence for you claim? If you cannot show evidence, how can you make such an absolute claim?
You claim evolution is making claims it cannot support, yet you have shown zero examples. Now you make unsupported claims.
Hahahaha!
The funny thing is....
You'd just say "Does not, does not"....
Like you do with everything else posted against evilution!
"____"
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85273 Aug 8, 2012
Wise Dude wrote:
The danger in teaching the bible is that it's a man-made book full of falsehoods that portrays a blood thirsty and angry God that needed the torture and killing of Jesus to forgive our so-called sins and wants to torture us in hell for eternity if we make a finite mistake. Faith is believing without evidence and that's stupidity.
<quoted text>
Hold that thought!
John
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten
Son, that whoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have
everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the
world, but that the world through him may be saved.
3:18 He that believeth on him, is not condemned: but he that
believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not
believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the
world, and men have loved darkness rather than light, because
their deeds were evil.
3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither
cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
3:21 But he that doeth truth, cometh to the light, that his
deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
We see why you do not want God, and you can tell Him that WHEN you see Him... We ALL will!
Good day!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#85274 Aug 8, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Crust shift? No doubt...
Take a ball, poke lots of pins in it randomly, n spin it...
Newton had something to do with this I believe!
About the fish though... Oceans were a lot less salty in those days!
Actually No... The ball concept does not fit... The earth has a thin crust floating on a liquid with a solid core spinning at a different rate than the crust.. There is no reason that the Crust could no in one piece shift around the liquid mantle... One explanation for such a shift is a build up of Ice at the poles causing the mass to rotate the crust as centrifugal force attempts to move to the equatorial area... Take your ball and add a weight to the Top as it spins and if there is a slight wobble to where the weight is not Exactly at the pole and it will very quickly rotate to where the Weight is along the equator due to centrifugal forces ...

And on the Salinity ... It is about the same as it has been for at least 10 Million years as we can actually Measure the salinity of past oceans by chemically analyzing the organism remains that lived in those seas... That salinity is one of the issues I have with the standard model of the Ice Age.. If there was a large increase in Ice formation the you would expect an Increase in the oceans salinity but there is no evidence that during the periods of the Ice Ages that the oceans salinity increased...

If as I suspect there was a crustal shift the ocean rise is explained by if the Poles are covered by water or land mass.. If the spin axis had the poles over land the ice build up would take water from the ocean and hold it as ice pack over land as it is today... But take the same amount of ice pack and place it over water and the level will rise around the globe... So if there was a crustal shift and the Ice pack moved from being centered over north America to the open waters of the existing north pole and placing the Southern Ice pack over the French and Southern Arctic Land island set..

“See how you are?”

Earth

#85275 Aug 8, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's why you and mike didn't have anything to say on Tikkaalik or the post about long thought extinct animals with no signs of evolution ... Silly me! I was thinking maybe you didn't have an answer...
I didn't see your post -you are quite right that it's another drawback to being a skipping record.
You ask questions that you could deduce or discover the answers to if your cognitive abilities weren't blinded by preconceptions. You make objective statements of subjective material (and visa versa), generalizations from specific examples (and visa versa), and often place effect before cause.
La dee da da...La dee da da...La dee da da...La dee da da...La dee da da...La dee da da...La dee da....
Sometimes you get tuned out.
I don't study paleontologist publications or the latest Discovery Institute propoganda.
According to Wikipedia, "If this is a true tetrapod record, then animals like Tiktaalik were "late-surviving relics" rather than direct transitional forms. An alternative interpretation is that the Polish trackways, which do not have digital impressions, were made by walking fish."
Just because somebody mentions a suggestion at one point that it could have been a "transitional form" is no evidence of a hoax or conspiracy.

As far as species without evidence of change, SP answered it. Why be redundant? Sharks, crocodiles, nautilus, tons of species of insects... there are many examples of creatures that are well adapted to an ecological niche and changes that would not enhance that would not be likely to carry on. We are discovering "new" species all the time - as we have done ever since we started cataloging them.
defender

United States

#85276 Aug 8, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
I didn't see your post -you are quite right that it's another drawback to being a skipping record.
You ask questions that you could deduce or discover the answers to if your cognitive abilities weren't blinded by preconceptions. You make objective statements of subjective material (and visa versa), generalizations from specific examples (and visa versa), and often place effect before cause.
La dee da da...La dee da da...La dee da da...La dee da da...La dee da da...La dee da da...La dee da....
Sometimes you get tuned out.
I don't study paleontologist publications or the latest Discovery Institute propoganda.
According to Wikipedia, "If this is a true tetrapod record, then animals like Tiktaalik were "late-surviving relics" rather than direct transitional forms. An alternative interpretation is that the Polish trackways, which do not have digital impressions, were made by walking fish."
Just because somebody mentions a suggestion at one point that it could have been a "transitional form" is no evidence of a hoax or conspiracy.

As far as species without evidence of change, SP answered it. Why be redundant? Sharks, crocodiles, nautilus, tons of species of insects... there are many examples of creatures that are well adapted to an ecological niche and changes that would not enhance that would not be likely to carry on. We are discovering "new" species all the time - as we have done ever since we started cataloging them.
Tikkaatlik is to this day pointed to by evolutionist as a transitional fossil... Yet we know this is false... That would be a lie... Coelacanth was pointed to for years as the great missing link from fish to land... Oops... Wrong again... Water it down all you wish...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#85277 Aug 8, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Tikkaatlik is to this day pointed to by evolutionist as a transitional fossil... Yet we know this is false... That would be a lie... Coelacanth was pointed to for years as the great missing link from fish to land... Oops... Wrong again... Water it down all you wish...
Still haranguing that theorists aren't concretely and absolutely proving theory, and still refusing to stand up and deliver more than an iota of whatever your vague and ethereal interpretation of the origins of life might be.
It's easy to accuse others of lying over speculation when you won't even commit yourself to the sky being blue.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85278 Aug 8, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Bathing was illegal back then. The christian cult said being nude, even alone, was a sin. Sorry defender but that is true
CROCK!
Can you say anything that is the truth, or is it
just above your personality?
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85279 Aug 8, 2012
Drunk_Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is historical. So yours is a story?? What does time have to do with it?? God is timeless.
He gets it all mixed up...
God's laws, and Man's laws...
God Bless!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85280 Aug 8, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Another example of a lonely neuron fruitlessly seeking a connection.
Maybe, you should find yours a friend!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85281 Aug 8, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
The proof that the bible is fiction and there is no god, christians have to resort to threats of eternal damnation when confronted with unpleasant facts.
The Proof there is a God, AND He's good is
WE are ALL still here!
The proof satan exists... You being you!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85282 Aug 8, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
So your god does not understand the concept of time?
Obviously... you don't know what yer talking about...
Read the Whole chapter... Not just what evildingdong.idiot tells you it says!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#85283 Aug 8, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>CROCK!
Can you say anything that is the truth, or is it
just above your personality?
FYI, he's not talking about biblical times, he's talking about the middle ages through the puritans. It's about European history, not Isaiah, doofi.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85284 Aug 8, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know there where no changes? Do you have pictures and documents on them from millions of years ago? Nice try Mr. Bullshit
Excuse me???
His point was yer socalled Fossil record!
And you have the gall to call him "Mr. BS"???
Look in the mirror...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chris gray 5 hr Lookouteastbrook 2
Appalachian challenge academy 10 hr guest 2
pictures 12 hr wanting some 4
Which is worse? 13 hr just looking 1
wedding caters and chair rentals (Oct '11) 16 hr Pavlos Lombardi 4
Weezee Britton 18 hr Hey 1
looking for Linda Wynn(woody) 20 hr Tabby Barrett 3
Harlan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Harlan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Harlan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Harlan

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:22 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:22PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Complete Week 16 Preview for Denver
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Bengals' Week 16 Preview vs. Broncos
NBC Sports 7:29 AM
Marvin Lewis doesn't get Jeremy Hill's touchdown celebrations, but likes how often he's celebrating
NFL 8:22 AM
Bengals player: 'I guess we're afraid of the dark'
NBC Sports 8:27 AM
A.J. Green back to practice after brief illness