• No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
13,361 - 13,380 of 29,672 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Reality Check

Warren, AR

#14042 Aug 21, 2012
Girl V wrote:
Looks like senator Akin just cost you bitches the presidential race.
So let me get this straight. Obama has put us in such a deep financial hole with $5 trillion in new debt in just over 3 1/2 years, let the unemployment stay above 8% for 40 straight months thus narrowing the tax base, caused more Americans to burden the financial stability of our nation by having them get on entitlement programs that cost current tax payers more than they can afford to pay, crippled our small businesses by allowing other government agencies to enact excessive regulations and taxes, made it impossible to see where we are financially because he and his administration refuse to pass a budget, passed the largest tax increase in American history by passing Obamacare in the middle of the night, not to mention insulting our largest economic driver we have by telling small businesses that they didn't build their business on their own. You are saying that because of the remarks of one senator in Missouri that Americans would rather have 4 more years of Obama than to vote for Romney who has more than proven himself as capable of bringing us out of the mess that Obama has made much worse than it had to be? This is exactly why liberals are so out of touch with reality and what is really going on in our country. Unbelievable.
Reality Check

Warren, AR

#14043 Aug 21, 2012
trytobefair wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering how a political party makes it harder for citizens to get to the ballot box?? You register to vote, they send you a card that tells you where to go vote. Pretty straight forward. You as a voter, have the responsibility of getting yourself to the voting station. So what's the hard part? Please explain.
The democrats can't win without votes from people who are either not registered or are here illegally. This is completely different from voter fraud. That is why you see the democrats saying everyone in this country, legal or illegal, needs to have a say. Without those votes, there is no chance Obama would even come close. He is probably going to lose anyway.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

#14044 Aug 21, 2012
trytobefair wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering how a political party makes it harder for citizens to get to the ballot box?? You register to vote, they send you a card that tells you where to go vote. Pretty straight forward. You as a voter, have the responsibility of getting yourself to the voting station. So what's the hard part? Please explain.
Awwww yes, if only all you had to do was "register", an find transportation to the polls, it is all so simple.

Sorry, Republicans do not agree to that in some states, especially states that have a high population of minorities and poor people.
Girl V

United States

#14045 Aug 21, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight. Obama has put us in such a deep financial hole with $5 trillion in new debt in just over 3 1/2 years, let the unemployment stay above 8% for 40 straight months thus narrowing the tax base, caused more Americans to burden the financial stability of our nation by having them get on entitlement programs that cost current tax payers more than they can afford to pay, crippled our small businesses by allowing other government agencies to enact excessive regulations and taxes, made it impossible to see where we are financially because he and his administration refuse to pass a budget, passed the largest tax increase in American history by passing Obamacare in the middle of the night, not to mention insulting our largest economic driver we have by telling small businesses that they didn't build their business on their own. You are saying that because of the remarks of one senator in Missouri that Americans would rather have 4 more years of Obama than to vote for Romney who has more than proven himself as capable of bringing us out of the mess that Obama has made much worse than it had to be? This is exactly why liberals are so out of touch with reality and what is really going on in our country. Unbelievable.
Obama did not digg the hole bush did. Obama care is more popular than you tools think. Romney is a giant Douche. He only gets the bigot vote.

Washington DC

#14046 Aug 21, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
"So let me get this straight"

How about straight from Ryans Mouth?

“intellectual leader” of the Republican Party and, now, Mitt Romney’s running mate. In 2002, Ryan argued that unemployment would remain at elevated levels even after the economy began to recover, and that aggressive stimulus would be a necessary and effective antidote.

“What we're trying to accomplish here is the recognition of the fact that in recessions, unemployment lags on well after a recovery has taken place,” Ryan said at the time.“We have a lot of laid-off workers, and more layoffs are occurring. And we know, as a historical fact, that even if our economy begins to slowly recover, unemployment is going to linger on and on well after that recovery takes place.”

Ryan’s advocacy of stimulus spending wasn’t limited to Washington, either. When he returned home to face constituents, he used similar language to make the case for the Bush stimulus bill.“You have to spend a little to grow a little,” Ryan told constituents at a town hall in Wisconsin in January 2002, according to the Journal-Times, a local newspaper.“What we're trying to do is stimulate that part of the economy that's on its back." [...]
Obamaislooking4B arneynext

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#14047 Aug 21, 2012
August 20, 2012 CBS News (AP) RICHMOND, Va.- A former Marine involuntarily detained for psychiatric evaluation for posting strident anti-government messages on Facebook has received an outpouring of support from people who say authorities are trampling on his First Amendment rights.

Brandon J. Raub, 26, has been in custody since FBI, Secret Service agents and police in Virginia's Chesterfield County questioned him Thursday evening about what they said were ominous posts talking about a coming revolution. In one message earlier this month according to authorities, Raub wrote: "Sharpen my axe; I'm here to sever heads."

Police — acting under a state law that allows emergency, temporary psychiatric commitments upon the recommendation of a mental health professional — took Raub to the John Randolph Medical Center in Hopewell. He was not charged with any crime.

A Virginia-based civil liberties group, The Rutherford Institute, dispatched one of its attorneys to the hospital to represent Raub at a hearing Monday. A judge ordered Raub detained for another month, Rutherford executive director John Whitehead said.

"For government officials to not only arrest Brandon Raub for doing nothing more than exercising his First Amendment rights but to actually force him to undergo psychological evaluations and detain him against his will goes against every constitutional principle this country was founded upon," Whitehead said.

Raub's mother, Cathleen Thomas, said by telephone that the government had overstepped its bounds.

"The bottom line is his freedom of speech has been violated," she said.

Thomas said her son, who served tours as a combat engineer in Iraq and Afghanistan, is "concerned about all the wars we've experienced" and believes the U.S. government was complicit in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. One of his Facebook posts, she said, pictured the gaping hole in the Pentagon and asked "where's the plane?"

Whitehead said he found nothing alarming in Raub's social media commentaries. "The posts I read that supposedly were of concern were libertarian-type posts I see all the time," he said.

The big concern, Whitehead said, is whether government officials are monitoring citizens' private Facebook pages and detaining people with whom they disagree.

Dee Rybiski, an FBI spokeswoman in Richmond, said there was no Facebook snooping by her agency.

"We received quite a few complaints about what were perceived as threatening posts," she said. "Given the circumstances with the things that have gone on in the country with some of these mass shootings, it would be horrible for law enforcement not to pay attention to complaints."

Whitehead said some of the posts in question were made on a closed Facebook page that Raub had recently created so he questioned whether anyone from the public would have complained about them.

"Support Brandon Raub" Facebook pages have drawn significant interest, and other Internet sites had numerous comments from people outraged by the veteran's detention.

Raub's supporters characterized the detention as an arrest, complaining he was handcuffed and whisked away in a police cruiser without being served a warrant or read his rights. But authorities say it wasn't an arrest because Raub doesn't face criminal charges.
from a Canadian

Tempe, AZ

#14048 Aug 21, 2012

1) Only in America could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000 a plate campaign fund raising event.

2) Only in America could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when we have a black President, a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black. 12% of the population is black.

3) Only in America could we have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee, BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.

4) Only in America can we have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.

5) Only in America would we make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens.

6) Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."

7) Only in America could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.

8) Only in America could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).

9) Only in America could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a trillion dollars more than it has per year for total spending of $7 million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.

10) Only in America could the rich people who pay 86% of all income taxes be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.

Blytheville, AR

#14049 Aug 21, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"So let me get this straight"
How about straight from Ryans Mouth?
“intellectual leader” of the Republican Party and, now, Mitt Romney’s running mate. In 2002, Ryan argued that unemployment would remain at elevated levels even after the economy began to recover, and that aggressive stimulus would be a necessary and effective antidote.
“What we're trying to accomplish here is the recognition of the fact that in recessions, unemployment lags on well after a recovery has taken place,” Ryan said at the time.“We have a lot of laid-off workers, and more layoffs are occurring. And we know, as a historical fact, that even if our economy begins to slowly recover, unemployment is going to linger on and on well after that recovery takes place.”
Ryan’s advocacy of stimulus spending wasn’t limited to Washington, either. When he returned home to face constituents, he used similar language to make the case for the Bush stimulus bill.“You have to spend a little to grow a little,” Ryan told constituents at a town hall in Wisconsin in January 2002, according to the Journal-Times, a local newspaper.“What we're trying to do is stimulate that part of the economy that's on its back." [...]
2002??? Do you really want to look at all of the crazy things Joe Biden has said in the past the don't add up?????
BOSSYDOG

United States

#14050 Aug 21, 2012
Girl V ....Only In Your Dreams..and if we are bitches you are too...SO !!!
BOSSYDOG

United States

#14051 Aug 21, 2012
You say Romney only gets the bigot vote....ditto for Nobama

Blytheville, AR

#14052 Aug 21, 2012
Girl V wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama did not digg the hole bush did. Obama care is more popular than you tools think. Romney is a giant Douche. He only gets the bigot vote.
So, you're saying BARNEYII is going to vote for Romney?
Me and You

Alamogordo, NM

#14053 Aug 21, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>So, you're saying BARNEYII is going to vote for Romney?
I can't vote, I don't have an I.D. the white man is keeping me down!
Reality Check

Warren, AR

#14054 Aug 21, 2012
Girl V wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Obama got in the hole, put the shovel down and got a backhoe and has dug us deeper in debt faster than any other president in history. I will give you the same chance I have given every other Obama supporter (not that I expect you to actually answer). Please explain how we as a nation can prosper spending twice what we take in per year since that is what Obama is doing. Exactly what policies has Obama enacted that has made America more prosperous?

Washington DC

#14055 Aug 21, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Obama got in the hole, put the shovel down and got a backhoe and has dug us deeper in debt faster than any other president in history. I will give you the same chance I have given every other Obama supporter (not that I expect you to actually answer). Please explain how we as a nation can prosper spending twice what we take in per year since that is what Obama is doing. Exactly what policies has Obama enacted that has made America more prosperous?
faster than any other president"
"spending twice what we take in per year"

Should we take your word for this, or do you have a government web page to confirm what you present as fact?

Not likely will you get an answer for such a question, the reason why, it is obvious, you will not accept any other opinion that does not agree with yours.

In other words, So why even bother with your ignorance.

Washington DC

#14056 Aug 21, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>2002??? Do you really want to look at all of the crazy things Joe Biden has said in the past the don't add up?????
Somebody needs to go get this idiot out of right field, he will be wondering out there all day, if one one of you all don't help him.

Could be his problem now, been out in the sun to long.
Anonymous

Batesville, AR

#14057 Aug 21, 2012
Former Democrat wrote:
I voted for Halter and Chad Causey. The woman who resides in STATE OF VIRGINIA NOT ARKANSAS won, so I will support John Boozman...
hey

Washington DC

#14058 Aug 21, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Stimulus bill #1

George W Bush------Bush's 2002 stimulus bill cost $42 billion over 10 years.

Stimulus bill # 2

George W Bush------Bush, House Hammer Out $150 Billion Stimulus Bill January 25, 2008 .

President George W. Bush urged Congress on Friday to quickly pass an economic stimulus package void of extraneous spending, saying only quick action will kick start the sputtering U.S. economy. "I strongly believe it would be a mistake to delay or derail this bill," Mr. Bush said.

"I understand the desire to add provisions from both the right and the left," the president said, adding that would be an error.

The president made his remarks at a gathering with House Republicans attending a congressional retreat at a mountain resort near Washington.
REALLY

Alamogordo, NM

#14059 Aug 21, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Stimulus bill #1
George W Bush------Bush's 2002 stimulus bill cost $42 billion over 10 years.
Stimulus bill # 2
George W Bush------Bush, House Hammer Out $150 Billion Stimulus Bill January 25, 2008 .
President George W. Bush urged Congress on Friday to quickly pass an economic stimulus package void of extraneous spending, saying only quick action will kick start the sputtering U.S. economy. "I strongly believe it would be a mistake to delay or derail this bill," Mr. Bush said.
"I understand the desire to add provisions from both the right and the left," the president said, adding that would be an error.
The president made his remarks at a gathering with House Republicans attending a congressional retreat at a mountain resort near Washington.
Obama has added over 5 TRILLION dollars to a defecit in less than 3 years, a defecit he said he would cut in half during his first term! Obama is dangerous to America.
Reality Check

Warren, AR

#14060 Aug 21, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww yes, if only all you had to do was "register", an find transportation to the polls, it is all so simple.
Sorry, Republicans do not agree to that in some states, especially states that have a high population of minorities and poor people.
Does that (being poor or a minority) give them the right not to register? And besides, who's fault is it that they don't have enough money to "find" transportation to the polls? Mine? Yours? Bush 1? Bush 2? Who made them live in such an expensive place? Is there no personal responsibility for an individual, since we are all created equal, to make the most of himself or herself? What your argument is saying is that if they don't have time to register and be legal voters they will have plenty of time to vote and ways to get to the polls even if they are poor and/or a minority. Once again, you get what you want out of an argument and make your own truth. I wish you would stop doing that.
Girl V

United States

#14061 Aug 21, 2012
REALLY wrote:
<quoted text>Obama has added over 5 TRILLION dollars to a defecit in less than 3 years, a defecit he said he would cut in half during his first term! Obama is dangerous to America.
What accounts for the 5trillion? Could it be the two wars in the middle east. I suppose you'll tell me he started those too

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hardy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hardy Arkansas (Mar '11) 3 hr dog man 62
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 4 hr rhino 9,887
UFO Over Hardy? 5 hr Puzzled 21
AR Who do you support for Commissioner of State La... (Oct '10) 5 hr Adsf 263
AR Who do you support for Auditor in Arkansas in 2... (Oct '10) 6 hr Addd 236
hunting land for lease Mon resident 23
AR Arkansas Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Sun guest 3,839
•••
•••
Hardy Dating