poor boy

Wingo, KY

#1 Jan 30, 2011
How much did they charge to do your taxes?

I am told they are very pricey. Something like $39.95 per schedule.

$250 for a short form. Is this true?

Since: Jan 11

Elgin, TX

#2 Jan 30, 2011
poor boy wrote:

I went to h and r and I had a w2 and a 10-99. It costed me almost 400. Every year I got to h and r the fees go up. The lady on the phone told a person they start at 29.99. BS.
last

United States

#3 Jan 31, 2011
Of course it cost a lot! Everyone is greedy and wants their money yesterday! Fill out you taxes and e file or mail them in...you've waited this long without the money it wont hurt to wait a few more weeks. You are paying to get you own money....just early. I don't get it.
js

United States

#4 Jan 31, 2011
Do your taxes on Hrblock.com and it only cost $10 and it direct deposits in your account in bout 2 weeks. It's real easy to do. It walks you through step by step

Since: May 10

Murray, KY

#5 Jan 31, 2011
js wrote:
Do your taxes on Hrblock.com and it only cost $10 and it direct deposits in your account in bout 2 weeks. It's real easy to do. It walks you through step by step
Thank you so much for posting that link!!
biker chik

Mayfield, KY

#6 Jan 31, 2011
I have always used Jackson Hewitt, and the fees just get higher and higher. THen to top it all off, this year they said I would only get a refund of 2400,(which would be good, but that's half of what we normally get). So I went to turbo tax online, input the SAME information Jackson Hewitt does, and found out my refund was going to be 6000. BIG difference! Jackson Hewitt wasn't counting my spouse's education credit for being a college student, my child tax credit, or several other things because they claimed "you can't unless you itemize". Well that's BS, you can so claim those credits even with a standard deduction. So IMO, don't try Jackson Hewitt. But that's my opinion, and there may be others who were pleased with their services.

Since: May 10

Murray, KY

#7 Jan 31, 2011
biker chik wrote:
I have always used Jackson Hewitt, and the fees just get higher and higher. THen to top it all off, this year they said I would only get a refund of 2400,(which would be good, but that's half of what we normally get). So I went to turbo tax online, input the SAME information Jackson Hewitt does, and found out my refund was going to be 6000. BIG difference! Jackson Hewitt wasn't counting my spouse's education credit for being a college student, my child tax credit, or several other things because they claimed "you can't unless you itemize". Well that's BS, you can so claim those credits even with a standard deduction. So IMO, don't try Jackson Hewitt. But that's my opinion, and there may be others who were pleased with their services.

We left J/H years ago after a bad experience.
Now we're leaving H & R because their fees are ridiculous.
I think I'd rather use Turbo Tax. Thanks for sharing!

P.S. Hope you & yours are doing well. <3
Citizen

United States

#8 Jan 31, 2011
dont need to know

Manchester, KY

#9 Feb 1, 2011
I have been to both and will NEVER go back to either!!!!!!!!!! thats all I have to say
taxpayer

Brooklyn, MD

#10 Jan 5, 2012
I went to Taxchex and they were great! only cost me like 250 with a few schedules and an EIC-check them out!
screwed

Pontiac, IL

#11 Jan 5, 2012
i went to jackson hewitt and the first time i went they never called me to let me know my check was in and has been sitting up there for two weeks and they lost my state check and charged me almost 700 bucks to do mine and i only had 3..so i wont be going back there
wix

Paducah, KY

#12 Jan 5, 2012
IRS will do your taxes FOR you- for free! You may have to make an appointment or wait in line. It amazes me how many ppl will pay out the a$$ to have these ppl do your taxes for you, unless you have a simple (1040EZ), then its only 29.95. Which IMHO is too much. If you would just go to irs.gov or get on the internet and get some help. If you can read and comprehend, then go to the IRS office and get a Pub 17. It will tell you everything you need to know about taxes unless you have a business or farm. If you learn to do your own taxes, you will understand more about how your refund is calculated.
HRB and JH provide a service, and you will PAY for this.
broke norm

Sacramento, CA

#13 Jan 10, 2012
i been with jackson hewitt for 11 yrs and 2012 i will not be going back the fees are crazy,they dont do shit for there people.
mfchick

South Fulton, TN

#14 Jan 14, 2012
poor boy wrote:

I use Brenda's Tax Service. They are nice and very knowledgable and charge reasonable rates. Last year mine was $125, and had my $$$ in less than two weeks. I would go there!!!
cmbope62

Lititz, PA

#15 Feb 9, 2014
My wife and I did are tax's at Jackson Hewitt did the short form and they said $237.00 to do them. And to top that off they said we are only getting back $1 and owe the state $4 and get back $ 8 from local last year we did the same form and they charge us $50 what the hell happened

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hardin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Calvin_Coolish 153,736
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 13 min yea 5,181
need tight a $$ 1 hr joe 5
Terry Froman punishment 1 hr klk 23
GCSD - T J TAYLOR for Lowes & Fancy Farm GCSB M... 1 hr eyes 6
breast implants 2 hr Just sayin 28
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr Mary Lou 26,278
•••
•••

Hardin Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hardin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hardin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hardin
•••