Evening Sun yanks comments for Town Hall

Posted in the Hanover Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Public Service Announce

Hanover, PA

#1 Mar 30, 2011
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/03/pos...

THIS IS THE MAN WHO IS GOING TO TEACH US TOLERANCE? HE CALLS US IDIOTS.
Public Service Announce

Hanover, PA

#2 Mar 30, 2011
I have printed out the link and saved it. I think it needs to be addressed at the Town Hall since the discussion is suppossed to be about tolerance, bigotry and perception of others.
Truth Hurts

Hanover, PA

#3 Mar 30, 2011
Public Service Announce wrote:
http://scienceblogs.com/insole nce/2011/03/post-grant_open_th read
THIS IS THE MAN WHO IS GOING TO TEACH US TOLERANCE? HE CALLS US IDIOTS.
Some of you are idiots, period.
Public Service Announce

Hanover, PA

#4 Mar 30, 2011
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>Some of you are idiots, period.
People lead by example. His blog pretty much says it all.
Jennifer from the Block

Spring Grove, PA

#5 Mar 30, 2011
I am glad my little research revealed the truth. Cant wait to see how they respond. I guess just like this, shut us down
Public Service Announce

Hanover, PA

#6 Mar 30, 2011
Jennifer from the Block wrote:
I am glad my little research revealed the truth. Cant wait to see how they respond. I guess just like this, shut us down
The sad part is my only problem is illegals, any illegals. I speak several languages and have traveled many places. I an not an ignorant bigot, but by virtue of where I live, I guess I am. This gentleman certainly had the credentials and then you find this blog. It doesn't matter if they shut us down. The information is out there.
Public Service Announce

Hanover, PA

#7 Mar 30, 2011
sorry "travelled" - the grammar police will be after me.
Jennifer from the Block

Spring Grove, PA

#8 Mar 30, 2011
This is Rene's new blog at the website listed above:

Gray and Todd, thanks for the support. The editor of the newspaper asked me if I wanted the comment thread killed, but I declined the offer. It's better for those idiots to be concentrated in one place than to send them out to other spots. It's funny how the comments are all about the one lone Hispanic on that panel. No one has mentioned any of the other panel members.

The weird thing is that I remember reading about these things happening in the 1960s. Besides the hard evidence that no one ethnic or racial group has a monopoly on violence, does anyone have any suggested reading before this town hall happens?

My kid brother suggested "Why Are All The Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?" I'm also thinking of reading about Cesar Chavez, MLK Jr.(of course), and others. As is the case always, knowledge is power.

Posted by: René Najera | March 29, 2011 3:20 PM
Public Service Announce

Hanover, PA

#9 Mar 30, 2011
Jennifer from the Block wrote:
This is Rene's new blog at the website listed above:
Gray and Todd, thanks for the support. The editor of the newspaper asked me if I wanted the comment thread killed, but I declined the offer. It's better for those idiots to be concentrated in one place than to send them out to other spots. It's funny how the comments are all about the one lone Hispanic on that panel. No one has mentioned any of the other panel members.
The weird thing is that I remember reading about these things happening in the 1960s. Besides the hard evidence that no one ethnic or racial group has a monopoly on violence, does anyone have any suggested reading before this town hall happens?
My kid brother suggested "Why Are All The Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?" I'm also thinking of reading about Cesar Chavez, MLK Jr.(of course), and others. As is the case always, knowledge is power.
Posted by: René Najera | March 29, 2011 3:20 PM
It is sad that he did this. I understand his frustration with all the comments about him not speaking English, being an illegal, so on and so forth. However, to try to lead discourse on tolerance and to refer to the people as idiots, puts him right at the level of the people he is supposed to be enlightening.
Jennifer from the Block

Spring Grove, PA

#10 Mar 30, 2011
Public Service Announce wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad part is my only problem is illegals, any illegals. I speak several languages and have traveled many places. I an not an ignorant bigot, but by virtue of where I live, I guess I am. This gentleman certainly had the credentials and then you find this blog. It doesn't matter if they shut us down. The information is out there.
I so agree. I am feed up with people making excuses for everything. From local politics, to people abusing the system, to illegals taking from the tax payers. They can argue all they want but the facts are right in front of them in black and white. Sorry Mr. Rene your creditials went right out the window. Its a shame because you are very well educated but yet so naive. I truly am not racist or an ignorant bigot either, I just see the world around me as it is.
Jennifer from the Block

Spring Grove, PA

#11 Mar 30, 2011
Public Service Announce wrote:
sorry "travelled" - the grammar police will be after me.
LOL...
Public Service Announce

Hanover, PA

#12 Mar 30, 2011
Frankly, I do no recall them naming any of the other panel members, which may be why no one has made any comments regardig them. Hopefully they can refrain from terms such as idiots, racist, bigots and rednecks. It is difficult to reach out to bridge gaps when you feel you are superior.
Jennifer from the Block

Spring Grove, PA

#13 Mar 30, 2011
Public Service Announce wrote:
Frankly, I do no recall them naming any of the other panel members, which may be why no one has made any comments regardig them. Hopefully they can refrain from terms such as idiots, racist, bigots and rednecks. It is difficult to reach out to bridge gaps when you feel you are superior.
My thoughts excatly. I even went back and re-read the article and there are no mentions of anyone else on the panel. I knew this all sounded way to fishy. I wonder if they are still going to have the town meeting to cure us?
Enough

Westminster, MD

#14 Mar 30, 2011
The panel includes YWCA Executive
Director Tina Heffner, Hispanic American Center of Hanover organizer Mirna Wildasin, 4th Ward Borough Council candidate Raye Morris, editor of The Evening Sun Marc Charisse, and Najera.

This is in the article.

It is absolutely ridiculous that people posted what they did without even reading the article. It clearly stated that Najera was legal and speaks English.
Simon Gagne

Hanover, PA

#15 Mar 30, 2011
The panel includes YWCA Executive Director Tina Heffner, Hispanic American Center of Hanover organizer Mirna Wildasin, 4th Ward Borough Council candidate Raye Morris, editor of The Evening Sun Marc Charisse, and Najera.
Public Service Announce

Hanover, PA

#16 Mar 30, 2011
Jennifer from the Block wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts excatly. I even went back and re-read the article and there are no mentions of anyone else on the panel. I knew this all sounded way to fishy. I wonder if they are still going to have the town meeting to cure us?
This reminds me of the ATF agent when teaching a class in gun safety, shot his own foot.

I am sure they will still have it, but again I have to ask the question "how do you teach tolerance when you are not yourself?" I know no one is perfect and I make plenty of mistakes but I would not even contemplate trying to show others how to be better, until I have achieved being a better person myself.
Public Service Announce

Hanover, PA

#17 Mar 30, 2011
Enough wrote:
The panel includes YWCA Executive
Director Tina Heffner, Hispanic American Center of Hanover organizer Mirna Wildasin, 4th Ward Borough Council candidate Raye Morris, editor of The Evening Sun Marc Charisse, and Najera.
This is in the article.
It is absolutely ridiculous that people posted what they did without even reading the article. It clearly stated that Najera was legal and speaks English.
Yes, we know. That was put to bed many moons ago. The problem now is his and his supporter's sanctimonious statements on another blog.
wow

Hanover, PA

#18 Mar 30, 2011
I find it humorous that the thread was pulled after his blog was posted... he probably didn't thinks a bunch of redneck idiots could operate a search engine. If people want tolerance then they need to show tolerance it doesn't work any other way
Enough

Westminster, MD

#19 Mar 30, 2011
I read those comments. I agree with you that it would be difficult at this point to hear about tolerance and an open exchange of ideas from him. I also think that they have a real point about the people who went off half cocked so to speak.

The comment above about not seeing the other panel members only goes to support their assertions. Certainly not to the extent of the people who couldn't get past the first two paragraphs but still.
Fact

Hanover, PA

#20 Mar 30, 2011
I can't believe a blog was pulled it can't be because of all the intelligent, respectful, understanding people in the Hnaover area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 29 min Go Friars 5,459
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 9 hr Mellisa 51,471
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mon Fast Eddie 3,992
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Mon Jeremy 183
Hanover Police Force Mon Jeremy 1
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Sep 4 lesson learned 8
Snyder's Lance Sep 3 Old School Lance Man 4
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••