Route 116 crash closes road outside of Spring Grove

A crash involving a tractor-trailer and a vehicle has closed Route 116 in a stretch in North Codorus Township, just outside Spring Grove this morning. Full Story
John Doe 000069

York, PA

#1 May 6, 2010
Yet another crash volving a tractor trailer. When will the Federal Motor Carrier So Called Saftey Administration do their jobs. The roads are not safe with stupid truck drivers on the road. I seen one yesterday that drove into a retirement home.
concerned citizen

York, PA

#3 May 6, 2010
when complaining about truckers, don't complain with your mouthful.........

how do you suggest getting everything you need to stores without trucks?? maybe helicopters can drop things in parking lots for us, makes much more sense.
DJ in Lakeland FL

Eagle Lake, FL

#4 May 6, 2010
Try to remember John Doe 000069 if you got it a truck brought it.
simply

Westminster, MD

#5 May 6, 2010
ummmm...didn't see where it said the truck decided to take the car out. Did I miss something. Didn't really see any details other than location.
Just my opinion

York, PA

#11 May 6, 2010
The article never said whose fault is was. It could have very well have been the driver of the car's fault. Maybe you better get your information straight before you make assumptions.
IBT

Carlisle, PA

#12 May 6, 2010
concerned citizen wrote:
when complaining about truckers, don't complain with your mouthful.........
how do you suggest getting everything you need to stores without trucks?? maybe helicopters can drop things in parking lots for us, makes much more sense.
AND DONT FORGET THE PARACHUTES THAT WOULD BE REALLY COOOOOOLL TOO, BROWN FOR UPS AND ORANGE AND BLUE FEDEX
Keep on Truckin

York, PA

#13 May 7, 2010
John Doe 000069 wrote:
Yet another crash volving a tractor trailer. When will the Federal Motor Carrier So Called Saftey Administration do their jobs. The roads are not safe with stupid truck drivers on the road. I seen one yesterday that drove into a retirement home.
Geez, dumb a$$ Doe Boy must have been in Lancaster County yesterday, according to the headline! "Driver points gun at horse and buggy, runs it off road"! Yep, get those damn pesky automobiles/tractor trailers/motorSICKLES/biSICKLE S/horse and buggies/Roverounds/pedestrians /animals off MY roads. So that I may hurriedly get to my job as UNION STEWARD; naturally, in my huge a$$ed 8 cylinder PICK-EM-UP TRUCK (the one with the Rebel Flag on the back window)!
Damn truckers; I "SEEN" one safely delivering food to the local grocery chain yesterday, another delivering gasoline, another delivering furniture...thanks truckers for doing a thankless, according to some, job. Accidents do happen with today's volume of traffic on our highways and byways. PLEASE, let us all be a bit more compassionate and safety conscious.
Disturbed Trucker

New Freedom, PA

#14 May 8, 2010
As A Trucker myself,you, the public and especially the stupid idiot John Doe who seems to think that all truckers are bad drivers.....let me tell you something that u may not know and probably dont.. Ive seen alot of shit out here.. cars cutting trucks off, coming to a dead stop..no turn signals and its all out there..the public population comes after trucking companies and drivers cozz they see a big $$$$$$ sign... everyone assumes its all the truckers fault which is a bunch of shit.. so before u start assuming that truckers are stupid...take a look around..watch how many cars cut other cars off.. and then figure that it takes twice as long for a rig at 80,000LBS.. to stop

Dont talk about shit that you know nothing about...Ive been on these roads for 21years doing this and Ive seen it all..
OBSERVER

United States

#15 May 10, 2010
Disturbed Trucker wrote:
As A Trucker myself,you, the public and especially the stupid idiot John Doe who seems to think that all truckers are bad drivers.....let me tell you something that u may not know and probably dont.. Ive seen alot of **** out here.. cars cutting trucks off, coming to a dead stop..no turn signals and its all out there..the public population comes after trucking companies and drivers cozz they see a big $$$$$$ sign... everyone assumes its all the truckers fault which is a bunch of ****.. so before u start assuming that truckers are stupid...take a look around..watch how many cars cut other cars off.. and then figure that it takes twice as long for a rig at 80,000LBS.. to stop
Dont talk about **** that you know nothing about...Ive been on these roads for 21years doing this and Ive seen it all..
I agree with you 100%!!! Did you not know everyone is out for themselves. nobody gives a s4!t about anyone else or anything else. I guess you could say they are focused on whatever medial task is at hand. I too drove a truck up and down the east coast for about 15 years. I have seen alot also. I had to get off the roads because i was certain i would eventually kill someone.So i made a decision to change my career. I miss driving but atleast i know i wont be responsible for someone else's stupid mistake . Dont let the morons get you upset, keep on truckin and thank you for all that you do.Careless drivers tsk tsk tsk.
Just say no

Hopewell, VA

#16 May 10, 2010
John Doe 000069 wrote:
Get an education......"volving " and "seen"???? How is anyone supposed to take you seriously? What an idiot.
notan idiot

Hanover, PA

#17 Jun 30, 2014
the roads are not safe with STUPID drivers period. I know truckers take the blame for any accident involving them, but as I can see most of the idiots on the road think of themselves only, me first me first and if you are going to be that stupid and take on a tractor trailer it just proves what a moron you are. Some truckers are not safe but so are car, motorcycle and pick up drivers as well as the driver of any vehicle on the road. I drive a short distance to work each day and cannot tell you how may idiots pull out in front of me, or turn without signaling. Hate being on the road with the idiots out there, not just truck drivers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 25 min Obamas Failed Eco... 51,526
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 4 hr Martin Luther 4,019
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Mon R Nixon 186
Straban Township man charged for Walmart thefts Sep 20 Petal Power 2
bulllys at the work place. Sep 19 Petal Power 3
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Sep 18 Sl of bendover 5,468
Hanover Police Force Sep 15 Jeremy 1

Hanover Jobs

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]