Hanover approves 38 percent property-tax hike

Nov 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Evening Sun

Despite a personal plea from state Rep. Dan Moul, the Hanover Borough Council Wednesday night approved a 38-percent property tax increase for next year and voted to advertise its proposed $30.2 million 2013 budget.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Dec 31, 2012
Jeb the web

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Disgusting. Outrageous. Irresponsible. Sickening. Stupid. Corrupt. Unfair. Ridiculous.

Borough Council had NINE years to deal with this, but as usual, why deal with an issue responsibly when you know you can always go to the taxpayers for a bail-out?

Government at EVERY level treats citizens like a bottomless well to solve *their* problems...problems THEY created!

Meanwhile, Borough/government employees are getting RAISES?

What arrogant, greedy little piggies. And of course, they'll all blame someone else. They'll tell us they "have no choice", it's "for your own good", "do you want us to have to cut 'essential services'" ??

Answer: YES.

We don't need 12 people to clean up leaves from the streets. The cops don't need brand new cars.
We don't even NEED that many cops in the Borough. How about all the people sitting around in the Borough office every day.

A government has very few real responsibilities it must fulfill, after that it just becomes a bloated bureaucracy designed to sustain itself - that's all it is.

Rather than asking citizens to tighten THEIR belts even further, it's time for the Borough to start trimming some of its OWN fat, of which there's plenty.
Trucker

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

You are so right they are all lazy, irresponsible and need to obtain real jobs. I say do away with the police department, fire department, highway department, codes department, trash collection and we the citizen will take care of it ourselves. Lets do it like Billie the Kid would.
booger2u

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

yes, and poor Dan Moul, owns property in Hanover, and instead of helping the POOR people , he is going to raise the rents on them!!!!!! Live on Social security here, medicare, medigap and now the taxes have gone up, I say freeze pensions and wages till the economy becomes better stabilized.
Melissa

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

All of you are right. Now it's time to find the right people to replace the ones we saw tonight. So start recommending people you know to stand up and run for public office. If you want change you Are going to have to have people that can make that happen! After tonight it would be a land slide election.
trucker

Merchantville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

I bet people will be standing in line for a position that pays nothing, is absolutely non appreciative. Just like the clown at the meeting suggesting volunteers to collect garbage and fight fires. All lip service when it comes to volunteering. 100 citizens out of a population of 15000 attend a meeting and you expect something to change for us. More than 60 percent of those that spoke moved here from out of town. Land of opportunity with low taxes. The influx iin the area is part of the reasons we had our taxes go up.
Gerrr

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

trucker wrote:
I bet people will be standing in line for a position that pays nothing, is absolutely non appreciative. Just like the clown at the meeting suggesting volunteers to collect garbage and fight fires. All lip service when it comes to volunteering. 100 citizens out of a population of 15000 attend a meeting and you expect something to change for us. More than 60 percent of those that spoke moved here from out of town. Land of opportunity with low taxes. The influx iin the area is part of the reasons we had our taxes go up.
trucker
"West Des Moines, IA"

Why the hell are you even posting on a 17331 forum? I've seen many of your posts and trust me you are not as smart as you tell your self you are and you are a few grains of salt short of a full cracker.
trucker

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

And you just have shown your intelligence level. Thank you for your psychological eval
trucker

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Thought I would really throw you off by hitting the post button twice.
Gerrr

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

trucker wrote:
Thought I would really throw you off by hitting the post button twice.
You have the ego of a HAM and inability to look inward to see just how unimportant you are. This is all you have isn't it?
Gerrr

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

trucker wrote:
And you just have shown your intelligence level. Thank you for your psychological eval
Also I see you are now in Hanover, did we learn some geography last night? AWwww you are so cute when you are trying to look all grown up.
trucker

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

My O my you have been a worthy opponent. As far as how important someone is or is not would be totally up to the individual. Now since you are smarter than me about geographic location you will see from this post I moved again. Wonder how I do that so quickly. Want to guess?
Gerrr

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

trucker wrote:
My O my you have been a worthy opponent. As far as how important someone is or is not would be totally up to the individual. Now since you are smarter than me about geographic location you will see from this post I moved again. Wonder how I do that so quickly. Want to guess?
"you will see from this post I moved again."
Nope still in Hanover Pa, nice try though./hugs
trucker

Riverton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Hugs to you and Happy New Year
Gerrr

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Same to you Brother, remember to keep the wheels down and the left door shut! May only good things come to you and yours this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 9 hr Obamacare Surprise 51,274
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 9 hr New guy 5,415
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue But Not Hussein O... 3,898
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 22 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1

Search the Hanover Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••