Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Really Folks wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax us to death? No he's just stealing my pension and every other PSEA member in Pennsylvania. Maybe he needs to dip into his own pocket and stay the heck out of mine. Every two faced politician rides the "education first" train then when in office, we're the first to get cuts. We've taken pay freezes to help keep good people employed and he's doing everything he can to cut funding and ultimately, jobs. These are teachers and custodians who earn a meager, modest wage and to try to steal the hard earned money that they've payed into all these years is a true crime. Let's not forget there is a law protecting your pension that "Good ole Tom" seems content to sweep under his rug right in front of all your faces.
"Meager,modest wage "? I know nuclear engineers(to you teachers, they are also known as Rocket Scientists) who earn less and work more than 185 days a year.The custodians work year round and don't make what you spend on capucchino.
Clearfielder Insider

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Really Folks wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax us to death? No he's just stealing my pension and every other PSEA member in Pennsylvania. Maybe he needs to dip into his own pocket and stay the heck out of mine. Every two faced politician rides the "education first" train then when in office, we're the first to get cuts. We've taken pay freezes to help keep good people employed and he's doing everything he can to cut funding and ultimately, jobs. These are teachers and custodians who earn a meager, modest wage and to try to steal the hard earned money that they've payed into all these years is a true crime. Let's not forget there is a law protecting your pension that "Good ole Tom" seems content to sweep under his rug right in front of all your faces.
These are teachers who earn a meager, modest wage? LMFAO
Really

Waynesboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Really Folks wrote:
<quoted text>
Corbett is the Nation's highest paid governor;

http://doylestown.patch.com/articles/pa-s-gov...
Really

Waynesboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

TaxNoMore wrote:
“Once we mint the trillion dollar coin, I think then the next move should be minting the gazillion dollar coin because I think that’s completely realistic.”
President Obama has not made any indication he’s buying into the idea — though he’s also said he won’t negotiate with Congress over the debt ceiling.
Be Proud!!!!
Say it Loud!!!!
“First Gay President”
With A Little Rainbow Halo Over His Head.
Aaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, ha,ha,ha
Dennis; this is weak
Really

Waynesboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

My2Cents wrote:
<quoted text>"Meager,modest wage "? I know nuclear engineers(to you teachers, they are also known as Rocket Scientists) who earn less and work more than 185 days a year.The custodians work year round and don't make what you spend on capucchino.
You know nuclear engineers, really... and they are known as rocket scientist...by whom?!
Laughing at You II

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

infamous g wrote:
Be smart vote conservative if u want to have anything left of this country I'm for the guy who's going to not make more welfare and not punish the people to do the right things think about it go to collage open buisness or make good money so the Liberals can take more money and give it to the people don't do shit with your life
Go to a collage....a collage of what?

Since: Mar 13

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

The bottom line is, this is your money, you paid into it (your pension)and this guy says it's too much and I'm going to take it? If it's too much then why take the 6-8% out of our pay. Why enroll anyone in this program. Why have a union? Who's it protecting or working for? Why pay dues and watch them line the pockets of politicians. All I'm saying is I'm working and paying into my retirement and it should be there!
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

The bottom line is, this is your money, you paid into it (your pension)and this guy says it's too much and I'm going to take it?

All I'm saying is I'm working and paying into my retirement and it should be there!

The Millionaire Cop Next Door

posted by RICH KARLGAARD

It is said that government workers now make, on average, 30% more than private sector workers.

Put that fantasy aside.

It far underestimates the real figures.

By my calculations, government workers make more than twice as much.

Government workers are America’s fastest-growing millionaires.

Doubt it?

Then ask yourself:

What is the net present value of an $80,000 annual pension payout

with additional full health benefits?

Working backward, the total NPV would depend on expected returns of a basket of safe investments–blue chip stocks, dividends and U.S. Treasury bonds.

Investment pros like my friend Barry Glassman say 4% is a reasonable return today.

That’s a pitiful yield, isn’t it?

It is sure to disappoint the scores of millions of baby boomers who will soon enter retirement with nothing more than their desiccated 401(k) s, down 30% on average from 30 months ago, and a bit of Social Security.

Based on this small but unfortunately realistic 4% return,

an $80,000 annual pension payout implies a rather large pot of money behind it–$2 million,

to be precise.

That’s a lot.

One might guess that a $2 million stash would be in the 95th percentile for the 77 million baby boomers who will soon face retirement.

That $2 million also happens to be the implied booty of your average California policeman who retires at age 55.

Typical cities in California have a police officer’s retirement plan that works as follows: 3% at 50.

As the North County Times of Carlsbad, Calif., explains:

Carlsbad offers its police and firefighters a “3-percent-at-50&#8243; retirement plan, meaning that emergency services workers who retire at age 50 can get 3 percent of their highest salary times the number of years they have worked for the city.

City officials have said that in Carlsbad, the average firefighter or police officer typically retires at age 55 and has 28 years of service.

Using the 3 percent salary calculation, that person would receive an annual city pension of $76,440.

That does not include health benefits, which might push real retirement compensation close to $100,000 a year.

Who are America’s fastest-growing class of millionaires?

They are

*police officers,

*firefighters,

*teachers

*federal bureaucrats

who, unless things change drastically, will be paid something near their full salaries every year–until death–after retiring in their mid-50s.

That is equivalent to a retirement sum worth millions of dollars.

If you further ask the question:

How much salary would it take to live, save a build a $2 million stash over a 30-year career, the answer would be:

somewhere close to $75,000 more than the nominal salary, if you include all the tax bites associated with earning, saving and investing money.

In other words, if a police officer, firefighter, teacher or federal bureaucrat is making $75,000 a year, she is effectively making twice that amount.

Implied in her annual pension payout is that she diligently saved half of her annual salary–after taxes–in order to save, invest and build–again, after taxes–the $2 million pot.

So when you hear that government workers now make, on average, 30% more than private sector workers, you are not getting the full story.

Government workers make more than twice as much as private sector workers,

on average, when you include the net present value of their pensions.

http://blogs.forbes.com/digitalrules/2010/06/...
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Really Folks wrote:
The bottom line is, this is your money, you paid into it (your pension)and this guy says it's too much and I'm going to take it? If it's too much then why take the 6-8% out of our pay. Why enroll anyone in this program. Why have a union? Who's it protecting or working for? Why pay dues and watch them line the pockets of politicians. All I'm saying is I'm working and paying into my retirement and it should be there!

Government workers are America’s fastest-growing millionaires.

Just like Greece

Government debt: 170.6% of GDP (2011) Eurostat

Population: 11,304,000 (2011) World Bank
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Really Folks wrote:

I'm working and paying into my retirement and it should be there!

While raw numbers are interesting, the more telling statistic is when debt is expressed as a percentage of the overall economy (gross domestic product).

We’ve rounded the numbers to keep it simple.

Federal account debt ..........Size of gross debt

Before Reagan.......33 percent ........7 percent
Ronald Reagan.......53 percent .......12.5 percent
George H.W. Bush....64 percent........16 percent
Bill Clinton........56.5 percent......24 percent
George W. Bush......77 percent........30 percent
Barack Obama........105 percent.......31 percent

The Bottom Line

The data show that the growth of the debt in the last three decades certainly has been a bipartisan enterprise, with only Clinton reducing debt as a percentage of the U.S. economy.

But even then, debt owed to Social Security, Medicare and the like kept climbing as a share of the U.S. economy.
Donald R

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Bush senior fought against supply-side debt, so the Republicans didn't support him and he lost to Clinton, who put an end to supply-side economics. G. W. Bush brought it back full strength, with V.P. Cheney saying "Reagan proved deficits don't matter." Currently supply-siders are in full control of the Republican party.

What about Obama? Notice how the debt accelerated during Bush's last two budget years. Obama's debt is a continuation of that trend and neither Bush nor Obama are directly responsible for that acceleration. It happened because of the recession. Bush set the all-time record by increasing the debt by $1.1 trillion in 100 days between July 30 and Nov 9, 2008—but that had little to do with his choices.

Recessions cut tax revenues—in this case, dramatically. That accounts for nearly half of the deficit. So blaming Obama for the full deficit is like blaming him for not raising the tax rate to keep tax revenues up. Most of the increased spending is automatic increases in unemployment benefits, food stamps, and social security payments for early retirement. Very little of it is from stimulus spending, and that's over.

In 1981, the supply-siders commandeered the Reagan Presidency and employed their Voodoo economics, as Bush senior had called it in 1980. He was saying that tax cuts would not increase government revenues. It failed just as Bush predicted, and the supply-siders turned a 32-year winning streak into a debt disaster that continues to this day. For 20 years, under Reagan and the Bushes, the national debt increased compared to GDP every single year. In most other years it decreased. Twenty years in a row can't be just an accident, but to understand you need to learn the voodoo strategy.

LØØK HERE:

http://zfacts.com/p/318.html
Donald R

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Economic Downturn and Legacy of Bush Policies Continue to Drive Large Deficits
Economic Recovery Measures, Financial Rescues Have Only Temporary Impact

Federal deficits and debt have been sharply higher under President Obama, but the evidence continues to show that the Great Recession, President Bush’s tax cuts, and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq explain most of the deficits that have occurred on Obama’s watch — based on the latest Congressional Budget Office projections as well as legislation enacted since we last issued this analysis of what lies behind current deficits and debt.

The deficit for fiscal year 2009 — which began almost four months before President Obama took office — was $1.4 trillion and, at 10 percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), marked the largest deficit relative to the economy since the end of World War II. Annual deficits in 2010 through 2012, while slightly lower, each topped $1 trillion. If current policies remain in place, deficits are expected to range between $600 billion and $900 billion for the rest of this decade, reaching a low around 2015 before climbing again.

Damn those Obama phones breaking the bank!
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Flashback:

1 Trillion obummer pissed away

In February, the Congressional Budget Office published its latest report on the "estimated impact" of the stimulus.

Although it had originally estimated the stimulus would cost $787 billion, CBO now says it will cost $831 billion.

In the second quarter of 2012, CBO estimates, somewhere between 200,000 to 1.2 million people have jobs they otherwise would not have were it not for the stimulus.

Assuming, optimistically, that the number is 1.2 million, that means each of those jobs cost taxpayers $692,500.

As time goes on, the maximum number of jobs sustained by Obama's stimulus will decline rapidly.

By the first quarter of 2013, it will sustain between 100,000 and 600,000 jobs, says CBO.

If it is 600,000, each of those jobs will have cost taxpayers $1,385,000.

By the fourth quarter of 2013, the maximum number of jobs it sustains will be 400,000 — at a cost to taxpayers of $2,077,500 per job.

It is true that Obama entered office in the midst of a deep recession.

But, according to the National Bureau of Economic Research, that recession ended in June 2009, almost three years ago.

1 Trillion obummer pissed away
bobby64

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Preach On Racial Hating TAXI Tea Bag Warrior Fighting For Limbaugh.
Condi Rice

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Cost of two wars that Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Rice war crimes.......... " Yes, our intelligence told us ( I mean we told them ) that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction" - George W Bush

Cost of Bush's two wars,,,,,,,,,

http://costofwar.com/

How has the U.S. paid for the wars so far? The United States paid for past wars by raising taxes and or selling war bonds. The current wars were paid for almost entirely by borrowing. This borrowing has raised the U.S. budget deficit, increased the national debt, and had other macroeconomic effects, such as raising interest rates. The U.S. must also pay interest on the borrowed money. The interest paid on Pentagon spending alone, so far (from 2001 through FY 2013) is about $259 billion in current dollars.

The U.S. also increased spending on homeland security by more than $455 billion beyond the levels already in place. We include this as excess spending on homeland security that occurred as a result of the war on terror. Considered by many an important part of domestic mobilization for the wars, there continue to be questions about the effectiveness of this spending.

What has already been spent to care for the medical and disability needs of U.S. veterans? The U.S. has already spent $135 billion for both medical care and disability for more than a million veterans of these wars. Each day, more veterans continue to apply to receive their benefits.

Obligations for Future Spending: The costs of war don't end when the fighting stops. Specifically, the U.S. has incurred obligations by fighting the wars. For example, the U.S. is obligated to pay the future medical and disability costs of veterans. As in past wars, medical and disability costs will peak in about 30 to 40 years, totaling an estimated $754 billion.

Unless the U.S. immediately repays the money borrowed for war, there will also be future interest payments. We estimate that interest payments could total about $1 trillion dollars by 2023, or $7 trillion by 2053.

Damn ,those Obama phones are breaking the bank!!

Mission accomplished!
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBO: America Will Never See Full Employment Under Obama

CNSNews.com )- The Congressional Budget Office is now projecting that the U.S. economy will never achieve full employment during the eight years Barack Obama serves as president.

That would make Obama the only American president during the post-World War II era who never presided over a year in which the U.S. economy offered full employment to the American people.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cbo-america-w...

obummer, a four year failure.....going on eight
Condi Rice

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

What has already been spent to care for the medical and disability needs of U.S. veterans? The U.S. has already spent $135 billion for both medical care and disability for more than a million veterans of these wars. Each day, more veterans continue to apply to receive their benefits.

Damn those 47% ers...they are moochers !!!!!!!

Free hand outs have to stop !!!!!!!

" I dont care about the 47%,they are all moochers living off of the government"-Mitt Romney
Condi Rice

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bush_missio...

HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
The other thumb was up his ass!
LOLOLOLOLOL!
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Condi Rice wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F ile:Bush_mission_accomplished. jpg
HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
The other thumb was up his ass!
LOLOLOLOLOL!

CBO: America Will Never See Full Employment Under Obama

obummer, a four year failure.....going on eight
Bill

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

clinton 2016!
yeah baby!
LOLOL!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 54 min Global Warming Laugher 3,825
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 2 hr S-L is a scam 5,395
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 25 Fitus T Bluster 2
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE