Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#45676 Jan 13, 2013
According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics....Black people make up 30% of the population of the U.S. they account for 60% of imprisoned. 1 in every 15 black men and 1 in every 36 hispanic men are incarcerated compared to 1 in every 106 white men.

According to Dept of Education....black students are arrested far more often than white students. Of those 96,000 students, 70% were black and hispanic.
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#45677 Jan 13, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
White males make up 30% of the US population but commit 70% of the mass shootings.
If that statistic was about black males, everyone would be talking about the dysfunction in the black community that caused it.
If that statistic was about Muslim males, everyone would be calling it terrorism and talking about how to keep the nation safe from Muslims.
But because it's white males, the discussion is almost exclusively about what was wrong with the individual shooters. Nobody is even hinting that there might be something wrong in the white community or how white males are a threat to national security.
Why is that?
Cute trick, but I've seen it before.
Yes, if white Americans are roughly 70% of the population you need to divide that number in half to estimate the overall % that white men equal relative to the whole of the population. Where this falls apart though, is that school shooters are overwhelmingly male. The result is that you divide all the genersl population numbers by two anyway. It cancels out.

Dan the Man continues with his lies and tricks.
Winston Smith

Loysville, PA

#45678 Jan 13, 2013
<quoted text>
White males make up 30% of the US population but commit 70% of the mass shootings.
If that statistic was about black males, everyone would be talking about the dysfunction in the black community that caused it.
If that statistic was about Muslim males, everyone would be calling it terrorism and talking about how to keep the nation safe from Muslims.
But because it's white males, the discussion is almost exclusively about what was wrong with the individual shooters. Nobody is even hinting that there might be something wrong in the white community or how white males are a threat to national security.
Why is that?
You like that 70% number don't you. well consider this...

If 1 in 3 black men can expect to go to prison on their life, and 1 in 15 is there currently... and if I put the number who never get caught for their criminality as being quite a bit higher than the number who are completely innocent of criminality and still end up in prison (which I do)... and then considering that there is a lot of "thug" behavior which won't result in prison time, even if caught...

I'm going to spit ball it and just sort of settle on... I think 70% of black men in the USA will have a "thug phase" in their early life.

I'd say about 70% of current black male teens are what I would consider thugs.
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#45679 Jan 13, 2013
Seu-Hui-Cho, One L. Goh, Jose Carranza, Alvaro Rafael Castillo, Jeff Weise, Rodolfo Godinez, Alexandef Alfaro, Peter Odighizuma, Melvin Jovel....all school shooters, all non white.
I can add more if you like. Some of these are also illegals.
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#45680 Jan 13, 2013
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You like that 70% number don't you. well consider this...
If 1 in 3 black men can expect to go to prison on their life, and 1 in 15 is there currently... and if I put the number who never get caught for their criminality as being quite a bit higher than the number who are completely innocent of criminality and still end up in prison (which I do)... and then considering that there is a lot of "thug" behavior which won't result in prison time, even if caught...
I'm going to spit ball it and just sort of settle on... I think 70% of black men in the USA will have a "thug phase" in their early life.
I'd say about 70% of current black male teens are what I would consider thugs.
I was right... I knew you would make excuses.

Is it your "opinion based on logical reasoning". That's what Danny says when he has no answer.
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#45681 Jan 13, 2013
Dan the Man is so threatened and obsessed with me, he has to take my name. What's the matter Danny? Feel like you're losing? Can't win against me so you start using my name. Poor Danny. suffers from so many derangement syndromes.
Winston Smith

Loysville, PA

#45682 Jan 13, 2013
I can't stop thinking about you Dan the Man. Your on my mind night and day. You are the whole reason I post here, just so I can get your attention.
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#45683 Jan 13, 2013
Interesting reading from a recent Psychology Today.
more non white school shooters
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/keeping-k...
Winston Smith

Loysville, PA

#45684 Jan 13, 2013
Everybody must realize that we CAN NOT blame all whites for the actions of a few. That is racist. We only do that with non-whites.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#45685 Jan 13, 2013
Info wrote:
As for the black community, when anyone tries to bring up the dysfunction in the inner cities, they are immediately labeled as racist and all the blame is put on whites. Why is that blacks make up only 12% of the general population, but comprise 43% of the prison population. Most shootings in the big cities are black on black crime. If you add up all the mass shootings since Columbine, they still don't equal the number of black on black murders in the cities.
You're making my point for me.

When it's the crime rate of African Americans, you're blaming their race and a problem in their communities.

But when it's the crime rate of white males, you think pointing out those numbers is racist.

You have to have some consistency here. Either smearing a race for the behavior of a few is always wrong, or if it's okay with African Americans, then you have to accept the statistics on white males and mass shootings.

Which will it be?

Chambersburg, PA

#45686 Jan 13, 2013
Winston Smith wrote:
According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics....Black people make up 30% of the population of the U.S. they account for 60% of imprisoned. 1 in every 15 black men and 1 in every 36 hispanic men are incarcerated compared to 1 in every 106 white men.
According to Dept of Education....black students are arrested far more often than white students. Of those 96,000 students, 70% were black and hispanic.
You too. If you're going to post these kind of stats and imply that the reason is dysfunction in the African American community, then you have to also say that there's something wrong among white males who commit a disproportionate number of mass shootings.

Which will it be? You have to choose.

At least you have to choose if you want to have any shred of credibility or integrity on the subject. Do you?

Chambersburg, PA

#45687 Jan 13, 2013
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>Cute trick, but I've seen it before.
Yes, if white Americans are roughly 70% of the population you need to divide that number in half to estimate the overall % that white men equal relative to the whole of the population. Where this falls apart though, is that school shooters are overwhelmingly male. The result is that you divide all the genersl population numbers by two anyway. It cancels out.
Dan the Man continues with his lies and tricks.
No trick. Simple statistics - just like you post about African Americans.

Accept mine or retract yours. Your choice.

Chambersburg, PA

#45688 Jan 13, 2013
Winston Smith wrote:
Seu-Hui-Cho, One L. Goh, Jose Carranza, Alvaro Rafael Castillo, Jeff Weise, Rodolfo Godinez, Alexandef Alfaro, Peter Odighizuma, Melvin Jovel....all school shooters, all non white.
I can add more if you like. Some of these are also illegals.
YouAreMistaken wrote:
<quoted text>
'gansta'? What's a gan? You must have meant 'gangsta'.
Seung-Hui Cho, One L. Goh, Jose Carranza, Alvaro Rafael Castillo, Jeff Weise, Rodolfo Godinez, Alexander Alfaro, Peter Odighizuma, and Melvin Jovel, to name a few school shooters, aren't white.
Post again to look more stupidly ill-informed, white gansta.
Interesting similarity.

If I was a paranoid conspiracy theorist I might claim you are the same person.

But I'm not.

So I won't.

Chambersburg, PA

#45689 Jan 13, 2013
Winston Smith wrote:
Dan the Man is so threatened and obsessed with me, he has to take my name. What's the matter Danny? Feel like you're losing? Can't win against me so you start using my name. Poor Danny. suffers from so many derangement syndromes.
LMAO!

But I see that you ARE a paranoid conspiracy theorist.

Grow up, crybaby.
Info

Quakertown, PA

#45690 Jan 13, 2013
<quoted text>
You're making my point for me.
When it's the crime rate of African Americans, you're blaming their race and a problem in their communities.
But when it's the crime rate of white males, you think pointing out those numbers is racist.
You have to have some consistency here. Either smearing a race for the behavior of a few is always wrong, or if it's okay with African Americans, then you have to accept the statistics on white males and mass shootings.
Which will it be?
I didn't make your point for you and I'm not smearing a race. I merely pointed out statistics.

The problem IS their communities and the Democratic party keeping them in poverty and keeping voting Democratic by scaring them into believing that Republicans will take away their welfare. The Dems of the 1950's had Jim Crow. The Dems of today have welfare. You and YOUR ilk are keeping these people from moving up.

Here's why Condoleezza Rice became a Republican:

Rice was a Democrat until 1982, when she changed her political affiliation to Republican, in part because she disagreed with the foreign policy of Democratic President Jimmy Carter, and because of the influence of her father, who was Republican. As she told the 2000 Republican National Convention, "My father joined our party because the Democrats in Jim Crow Alabama of 1952 would not register him to vote. The Republicans did."
LOL From Clearfield

Clearfield, PA

#45691 Jan 13, 2013
It isn’t a coincidence that governments everywhere want to educate children. Government education, in turn, is supposed to be evidence of the state’s goodness and its concern for our well-being. The real explanation is less flattering. If the government’s propaganda can take root as children grow up, those kids will be no threat to the state apparatus. They’ll fasten the chains to their own ankles.

Dan the Man, you are one of these kids.
LOL From Clearfield

Clearfield, PA

#45697 Jan 13, 2013
By Brenda Battle Jordan

https://www.facebook.com/jordanbrendabattle

The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3, 2007… the day…See More
Photo: Some people aren’t aware of all of this. Don’t just skim over this, please read it slowly and let it sink in. If in doubt, check it out. The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3, 2007… the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress. The Democrat Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995. For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is “Bush’s Fault”, think about this:January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress. At the time: The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%The Unemployment rate was 4.6% George Bush’s Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB GROWTHRemember the day… January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee. The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES! Unemployment… to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac FIASCOES! Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie – starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy. And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac? OBAMAAnd who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie?OBAMA and the Democrat CongressSo when someone tries to blame Bush.. REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007…. THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!”Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress, and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party. Furthermore, the Democrats controlled the budget process for 2008 & 2009 as well as 2010 & 2011.In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases. For 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the 2009 budgets. And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete 2009. If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets. If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself. In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is “I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th.”
LOL From Clearfield

Clearfield, PA

#45698 Jan 13, 2013
From the Cato Institute

http://www.cato.org/guns-and-self-defense...

Guns and Self Defense

What does this map mean?

Gun control proponents want legislation that will restrict access to firearms. The rationale for such legislation is to reduce accidental shootings and the criminal use of guns against people. But if harm reduction is the goal, policymakers should pause to consider how many crimes--murders, rapes, assaults, robberies--are thwarted by ordinary persons who were fortunate enough to have access to a gun. Gun control proponents cannot deny that people use guns successfully against criminals, but they tend to play down how often such events take place. The purpose of this map is to draw more attention to this aspect of the firearms policy debate.

Two additional points are worth noting. First, the map is not comprehensive. Criminals will often flee the scene when they discover that their intended target has a gun. With no shots fired, no injuries, and no suspect in custody, news organizations may report nothing at all. Thus, it is important to remember that news reports can only provide us with an imperfect picture of defensive gun use in America. Second, when a citizen is able to shoot an attacker or hold a rapist or robber until the police arrive, it is very likely that more than one crime has been prevented because if the culprit had not been stopped, he could have targeted other citizens as well. The bottom line is that gun owners stop a lot of criminal mayhem every year.
LOL From Clearfield

Clearfield, PA

#45699 Jan 13, 2013
“If ever time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.” ~ Samuel Adams
LOL From Clearfield

Clearfield, PA

#45700 Jan 13, 2013
You know you live in a Country run by idiots if...
Your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more of our money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Wed bbqbob2001 5,540
power outage littlestown pa Nov 22 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov 12 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov 3 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov 3 Just a thought 11
Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov 1 Batman 54
snyders/lance independent business owners news Oct 28 Krave MaMeat 1
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:07 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:07AM
Eagles vs. Cowboys: Breaking Down Philadelphia's Game Plan
NBC Sports 5:42 AM
Thursday morning one-liners
NFL 6:36 AM
Cowboys' defense concerned about Eagles' fast pace
Bleacher Report 6:44 AM
Chargers vs. Ravens: Breaking Down Baltimore's Game Plan
NFL 8:52 AM
When will Nick Foles return to play for Eagles?