Dane T

AOL

#44315 Dec 7, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you please list the parallels between '1984' and the Obama record?
Thank you.
For starters, PelosiCare. Over 70% of the American people didn't want to see Union and Politicians keep Cadillac health care bonanzas while most every one else were forced to pay more and settle for less as private employers are forced to dump their employees into the Govt pool.

Has anyone told you how many Billions the start up costs for the ACA will be dumped on the taxpayers in PA in '13 and '14?

Dr's in private practice all over the Country are already refusing new Medicare patients do the to dramatic drop in fees for services outlined in the ACA plan for our elderly.
This can't help but have a terrible impact on quality and timely availability of health care services.

I don't dislike the Pres. I am just afraid of him. I am afraid of Progressives who fail to consider even the most obvious, common sense, negative outcomes of agenda driven policies and think it is dangerous for us all.

Like the vast majority of us all, I held Bush accountable for his misstakes and will do the same with Obama. I'm just a regular stiff who doesn't want to get screwed. Any rational person has to think and act the same way.
Sergeant McPhearson

Baltimore, MD

#44316 Dec 7, 2012
Dane T wrote:
<quoted text>
For starters, PelosiCare. Over 70% of the American people didn't want to see Union and Politicians keep Cadillac health care bonanzas while most every one else were forced to pay more and settle for less as private employers are forced to dump their employees into the Govt pool.
Has anyone told you how many Billions the start up costs for the ACA will be dumped on the taxpayers in PA in '13 and '14?
Dr's in private practice all over the Country are already refusing new Medicare patients do the to dramatic drop in fees for services outlined in the ACA plan for our elderly.
This can't help but have a terrible impact on quality and timely availability of health care services.
I don't dislike the Pres. I am just afraid of him. I am afraid of Progressives who fail to consider even the most obvious, common sense, negative outcomes of agenda driven policies and think it is dangerous for us all.
Like the vast majority of us all, I held Bush accountable for his misstakes and will do the same with Obama. I'm just a regular stiff who doesn't want to get screwed. Any rational person has to think and act the same way.
Bush didn't do anything about rising healthcare costs.
So, as costs go up (and they have been going up and up pre-ACA) and more and more people are forced into emergengy room visits without coverage.

So, its easy to armchair quarterback this issue but you're not presenting any solution other than what was a broken down inadeqate healthcare system that we couldn't afford anyway.

At least President Obama is trying to do something about the problem not without the intervention of the glorious so-called healthcare providers and their massive cost-price increases that are detrimental to everyone.
Dane T

AOL

#44317 Dec 7, 2012
Sergeant McPhearson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush didn't do anything about rising healthcare costs.
So, as costs go up (and they have been going up and up pre-ACA) and more and more people are forced into emergengy room visits without coverage.
So, its easy to armchair quarterback this issue but you're not presenting any solution other than what was a broken down inadeqate healthcare system that we couldn't afford anyway.
At least President Obama is trying to do something about the problem not without the intervention of the glorious so-called healthcare providers and their massive cost-price increases that are detrimental to everyone.
I didn't realize that Bush had passed laws to rob non union middle class families of effective, efficient and timely Health Care??????? I didn't know he had passed a Health Care Law that would cause so much PAIN to so many hard working families? He certainly made some mistakes but he wasn't THAT cruel.
That kind of cruety would have been too "progressive" for him.
Sergeant McPhearson

Baltimore, MD

#44318 Dec 7, 2012
Dane T wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't realize that Bush had passed laws to rob non union middle class families of effective, efficient and timely Health Care??????? I didn't know he had passed a Health Care Law that would cause so much PAIN to so many hard working families? He certainly made some mistakes but he wasn't THAT cruel.
This is not factual...
Dan the Man

Newville, PA

#44319 Dec 7, 2012
Dane T wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I get that you don't like the Affordable Care Act. Your reasons seem to be based on misinformation though. For instance, the ACA specifically says that members of Congress have to participate in Act just like every other American.

But regardless, you didn't make any parallels to '1984.' How is regulating the private health insurance market like anything in the book? Do you have any real examples of Obama policies that are like Orwell's totalitarian state?
Dan the Man

Newville, PA

#44320 Dec 7, 2012
Dane T wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should learn about what's actually in the ACA. Your extreme statements about it indicate that you believe a lot of falsehoods.

Here's a link that might help you:
http://www.healthcare.gov/law/index.html
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#44321 Dec 7, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
What's scary is that your mind has twisted a description of rightwing authoritarianism and applied it to liberalism.
When authoritarianism comes, it always comes from the right. This is historical fact.
You're no Winston Smith. You are a tool of aspiring authoritarians, rewriting history to fit your extremist ideology and smearing those on the side of justice and freedom with lies.
I have to laugh how you choose words to twist facts.

No matter, doesn't change the fact that you are a supporter of Big Brother. You should change your name to something more fitting of who you really are. How about O'Brian? He was someone that Winston trusted and sadly Winston was betrayed by O'Brian because O'Brian was a spy for Big Brother..

What is happening in the here and now has nothing to do with right wing authoritarians. It has to do with an administration that does as it pleases, goes against what the people want(Obamacare for starters), is slowly taking freedom away and so forth. In other words, Big Brother is on the move to change this country, and lemmings like you are happy to follow blindly..

Lemming-A member of a crowd with no originality or voice of his own. One who speaks or repeats only what he has been told.....

You are a loyal follower, O'Brian.......
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#44322 Dec 7, 2012
I see O'Brian, aka Dan the Man, brought realDave back and retired bobby64.
fistmygapingassh olebaby

Wellsboro, PA

#44323 Dec 7, 2012
Less arguing and more fisting.
Ted

Johnstown, PA

#44324 Dec 7, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Your incapacity to understand the dynamics of racism doesn't make me a racist.
!LOL! Using "the dynamics of racism" as cover.

You, danny BOY, believe that white Americans are capable of racism while black Americans are not.

THAT belief, BOY, makes you a blatant racist.

You, BOY, are as deep a racist as Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Sr. or Louis Farrakhan.
Tax No More

Baltimore, MD

#44325 Dec 7, 2012
fistmygapingassholebaby wrote:
Less arguing and more fisting.
I agree...

Give me more kind sir...

Since: Jul 12

Portland, Oregon

#44326 Dec 7, 2012
Marisa, learn to comprehend the words in my post stating the election is over so i don't have very many reasons to post, dumb ass. I will post from time to time but nothing more, unless i chose. Your the tea bag etch a sketch supporter and that ass wipe lost. Your changed screen name is just as stupid as any other name you use. I can be any one you want me to be
Othello

Sydney, Australia

#44327 Dec 7, 2012
John Corbet is so hot
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#44328 Dec 7, 2012
bobby6464 wrote:
Marisa, learn to comprehend the words in my post stating the election is over so i don't have very many reasons to post, dumb ass. I will post from time to time but nothing more, unless i chose. Your the tea bag etch a sketch supporter and that ass wipe lost. Your changed screen name is just as stupid as any other name you use. I can be any one you want me to be
What a simpleton! Still suffering from Marisa Derangement Syndrome

"I can be anyone you want me to be"........we already know that, Dan the man aka bobby 64, realDave, and many others.
Coop

Emmaus, PA

#44329 Dec 7, 2012
What a waste of time this is. 42,000 posts. Who cares!
Marisa

Chambersburg, PA

#44330 Dec 7, 2012
Sergeant McPhearson wrote:
<quoted text>
Marisa, Marisa, Marisa,
You're one to talk?
So what brings Miss Marisa back...did you Mis her?
Miss? What are you? A cave man? Let me guess, I bet you call your wife, if you even have one, the "little lady". No one says Miss anymore! Ever hear of Ms? The 1940's and 1950's are over, it is 2012! Get with it.

Portland, Oregon

#44331 Dec 7, 2012
Marisa, has any of your positions changed regarding etch a sketch since your Winston smith screen name? You can be any one you want to be and after your flipper lost and your tea bag wishes were crushed i can see why the name change, really i can but i still don't care. Marisa, you have shown your dumb ass can't stand for any thing but flip flop flip flop but never finding any relief, problem child you are
Coop

Emmaus, PA

#44332 Dec 7, 2012
This is so stupid.

Portland, Oregon

#44333 Dec 7, 2012
Marisa, how long until you go back to any one of your other screen names? I see you did not bring any of your failed political predictions with you, so good job. You wore your little pea brain out often during the election constantly poll shopping but they proved to be worthless over and over again. You should do what feels good to you and if that means i got to be any one else but Bobby 64 or Bobby 6464 in your head that's alright

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

#44334 Dec 7, 2012
Obama Says We Need A Stasi Civilian Security Force As Big As Our Military!

Is Obama planning to have a Civilian Security Force in addition to the military?

“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.”

http://www.secretsofthefed.com/obama-says-we-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 2 hr Oh well 5,575
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov 22 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web