Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Hanover Forum

Comments (Page 2,050)

Showing posts 40,981 - 41,000 of51,335
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Since the mortgage bubble burst, some of his former clients are calling for a policy reversal.

“If you see some people don’t make enough money to afford the mortgage, why would you give them a loan?” asked Obama client John Buchanan.

“There should be some type of regulation against giving people loans they can’t afford.”

This f*cling idiot, TSM, thinks it should be OK for banks to discriminate.

TSM = Racist f*ck.
Harry C

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Republicans Mourning for Mitt Romney? Not So Much

And most of them aren't doing much mourning for Mitt Romney.

Just over a week since the two-time Republican presidential hopeful failed to deny President Obama a second term, instead of offering up condolences for a candidate who garnered 48 percent of the popular vote, GOP leaders seem to be keeping Romney at arm's length.

"I've never run for president -- I've lost elections but never for the presidency -- and I'm sure it stings terribly," New Jersey Republican Gov. Chris Christie said in an interview Friday morning with MSNBC, but added: "When you lose, you lost."

New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte, an early endorser and a frequent presence by Romney's side on the campaign trail, echoed Christie.

"The campaign is over," she said in an MSNBC interview on Thursday, "and what the voters are looking for us to do is to accept their votes and go forward."

A period of blame and soul-searching was inevitable for Republicans after Nov. 6, but Romney hastened it with his candid comments on a conference call with donors this week in which he attributed President Obama's win to the "gifts" he gave to key voting blocs.

LQQK HERE:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/republica...
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
In the 1980s, groups such as the activists at ACORN began pushing charges of "redlining" - claims that banks discriminated against minorities in mortgage lending.

//////////
who broke the economy
try

http://www.policyalmanac.org/social_welfare/a...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/perfi/ho...

"Nothing-down options are available on the private mortgage market, but, in general, they require the borrower to have pristine credit. Bush's proposed change would extend the nothing-down option to borrowers with blemished credit."

and

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1221186811517...

"In 2004, President George W. Bush campaigned on lower barriers to homeownership as part of the domestic agenda for his second term. The Republican Party platform that year singled out the down payment as the "most significant barrier to homeownership."

and

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/ta...

"Whenever any right-wing loon, or Bloombergite, tries to tell you the mortgage crisis was caused by the government forcing the poor banks to lend to broke black people, please direct them to this passage. The banks not only wanted to give out these loans, they wanted to give them out at the speed of light. They wanted to crank them out so fast that their own auditors literally couldn't read the writing on the loan applications. This was greed, not policy. Anybody who says anything else is high on something."

the email says it all

"At one point during these deals, Verschleiser reamed out his immediate subordinate, co-head of mortgage finance Baron Silverstein, over the "problem" of the due diligence department taking too much time to do its work. Silverstein responded by issuing the following tirade to John Mongelluzzo, Bear's VP for Due Diligence, demanding that he not get in the way of Bear's insane goal of funding 500 mortgages a day:

I refuse to receive more emails from [Verchleiser](or anyone else) questioning why we’re not funding loans every day. I’m holding each of you responsible for making sure we fund at least 500 each and every day… I was not happy when I saw the funding numbers and I knew NY would NOT BE HAPPY... I expect to see 500+ every day. I will do whatever is necessary to make sure you’re successful in meeting this objective.
bobby64

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

The racial hating warrior tea bag may never fully realize that the patriotic part of america did put president Obama in the white house for another four years, against his wishes. If my android RAZR is a Obama phone then of course i got one and i plan to keep it. I have a 715 credit score which had nothing to do with the no deposit required part, warrior tea bag racist dumb ass. The tea bag warriors can only talk when we decide to fight back and retake our country which were doing
Harry C

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

George W. Bush Bailed Out the Banks!!!!!

"Let Detroit go bankrupt"- Mitt Romney

No, my friends, Barack Obama unequivocally did NOT bail out the banks!! For the last time it was George W. Bush and his Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson (former CEO of Goldman Sachs) that cooked up that idea, hastily sped the plan through Congress (most of which are bought off by Wall Street anyway), and signed into law. Yes, TARP, the Troubled Assest Relief Program, was signed into law on October 3, 2008, a full month before candidate Obama was even elected! When Paulson was pushing his plan, he wanted to give the banks the money with absolutely no strings attached as quickly as possible and with no oversight whatsoever! Thankfully we had a few good Democrats who had heads on their shoulders and didn't allow $750 billion of the taxpayers' money go to the banksters just like that. However, remember what did happen? Just a couple of months later and again a year later? With the taxpayers' bailout money? Multi-million dollar BONUSES!!!! That's right, huge bonuses for the very same executives who played Russian roulette with their customers' deposits and investments (which was only legal because of the repeal of Glass-Steagall). Instead of being fired or investigated or going to jail for their crimes, these scumbags stole even more of middle-class America's money and pocketed it, and it was government sanctioned. Once again, why do you think there's an Occupy Wall Street?
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the CRA excuse.
This f*cling idiot, TSM, thinks it should be OK for banks to discriminate.
That lawsuit was brought because blacks were denied mortgages when they had similar financials as whites who received mortgages.
TSM = Racist f*ck.
//////////

Of the nearly million-dollar settlement, three clients got a grand total of $60,000, while the rest of the clients got coupons.

What happened to the rest of the money?

Looks like the attorneys, starting with Obama, got the redistributed wealth, while the clients got the shaft.

It’s a great example of how broken the class-action tort system is, and how it can force businesses to adopt bad economic policy while benefiting no one except the lawyers.

It’s also a great example of the media’s utter failure in the 2008 election to take a serious look at Obama’s track record.

Why didn’t this come out?

Even John Edwards’ law practice got some scrutiny in 2004 and 2007, before Edwards’ candidacy imploded in scandal.

Looks like Racist obummer likes to f*ck the blaks
bobby64

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

You tried to f.ck president Obama every day racial hating California tea bag but you did not have enough brain cells to pull it off, blame your self. Your drive for more white privilege gave your ignorant ass absolutely nothing, boy. No one is going to give you any thing but look on the bright side as you still have the internet to vent your personal hatred. You have accomplished nothing this election cycle. The end of white privilege and that you have every reason to shed crocodile tears
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

"In 2004, President George W. Bush campaigned on lower barriers to homeownership as part of the domestic agenda for his second term.

The Republican Party platform that year singled out the down payment as the "most significant barrier to homeownership."

//////////

//////////

Short version:

1977 - Democratic President Jimmy Carter Passes "Community Reinvestment Act," or CRA, designed to encourage banks to reach out to low income communities by offering loans to minorities and the poor.

1995 - Democratic President Bill Clinton revises CRA by making banks meet a quota for a certain number of low income loans.

He also increases punishment for banks that dont loan enough money to low income borrowers.

This forces banks to write lots of loans that they would not otherwise have written, because the government is forcing them to.

1999 - Democratic President Bill Clinton signs and endorses the "Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act," or GLBA, designed to make banks profitable in good economic times, as well as poor economic times.

The bill allows consumer banks (think checking accounts, savings accounts, etc..) to merge with insurance companies and investment companies, so they all can make money.

BUT for a bank to qualify to be a part of the program, you had to have a high CRA score, meaning that you had to have a lot of loans written to low income people.

The government was effectively telling banks that if they wanted to be allowed to make money off of the investments of the rich, that they had to also be lending money to the poor.

Nice in theory, but look where it has gotten us.

Now we are a nation with a bunch of people losing homes they never could afford, and a bunch of banks collapsing because nobody can pay them back!

Thanks Democrats!

Looks like Racist Democrats like to f*ck the blaks
bobby64

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

George bush also campaigned on privatizing social security and what did that get him? Bush had the veto pen but must of kept losing it as every spending bill he signed into law. Your ignorant ass should just revise the conspiracy where president Obama or Barney made him do it. Your bush advisors could not outsmart a gay guy. You know Perry is a closet gay Texan, maybe bush was
Bush was a myth

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

So glad to see the infrastructure being rebuilt... it crumbled under the shrubs reign...
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

The claim that the CRI caused the financial meltdown is a rightwing myth that refuses to die - even thought it's been THOROUGHLY debunked countless times.

The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis recently investigated whether affordable housing policies had any influence on the price or proliferation of subprime mortgages in the mid-2000s...

----------

Research Division
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis

Did Affordable Housing Legislation Contribute to the Subprime Securities Boom?

We find no evidence that lenders increased subprime originations or altered pricing around the discrete eligibility cutoffs for the Government Sponsored Enterprises (GSEs) affordable housing goals or the Community Reinvestment Act.

Our results indicate that the extensive purchases of risky private-label mortgage-backed securities by the GSEs were not due to affordable housing mandates.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

TaxNoMore wrote:
"In 2004, President George W. Bush campaigned on lower barriers to homeownership as part of the domestic agenda for his second term.
The Republican Party platform that year singled out the down payment as the "most significant barrier to homeownership."
//////////
//////////
Short version:
1977 - Democratic President Jimmy Carter Passes "Community Reinvestment Act," or CRA, designed to encourage banks to reach out to low income communities by offering loans to minorities and the poor.
1995 - Democratic President Bill Clinton revises CRA by making banks meet a quota for a certain number of low income loans.
He also increases punishment for banks that dont loan enough money to low income borrowers.
This forces banks to write lots of loans that they would not otherwise have written, because the government is forcing them to.
1999 - Democratic President Bill Clinton signs and endorses the "Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act," or GLBA, designed to make banks profitable in good economic times, as well as poor economic times.
The bill allows consumer banks (think checking accounts, savings accounts, etc..) to merge with insurance companies and investment companies, so they all can make money.
BUT for a bank to qualify to be a part of the program, you had to have a high CRA score, meaning that you had to have a lot of loans written to low income people.
The government was effectively telling banks that if they wanted to be allowed to make money off of the investments of the rich, that they had to also be lending money to the poor.
Nice in theory, but look where it has gotten us.
Now we are a nation with a bunch of people losing homes they never could afford, and a bunch of banks collapsing because nobody can pay them back!
Thanks Democrats!
Looks like Racist Democrats like to f*ck the blaks
and the market crashed when?
and while you are at it where was the republican President (the guy that the right wing is trying to forget)fixing the problem you claim?
try reality instead of bogus right wing talking points
Equal Rights

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Wisconsin Democratic Representative Tammy Baldwin made history on Tuesday with her election to become the first openly gay U.S. Senator, defeating former Governor Tommy Thompson in the most expensive Senate race in state history.

We need more people in congress like this KUDOS to the NEW Senator!!
WTG!

It's obvious the teabaggers didnt give her a vote or angry old misreable white guys.....

LQQK HERE:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/07/us-...
Equal Rights

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

I wonder when Republican Lindsey Graham comes out of the closet?
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

bobby64 wrote:
George bush also campaigned on privatizing social security and what did that get him? Bush had the veto pen but must of kept losing it as every spending bill he signed into law. Your ignorant ass should just revise the conspiracy where president Obama or Barney made him do it. Your bush advisors could not outsmart a gay guy. You know Perry is a closet gay Texan, maybe bush was
//////////

Of the nearly million-dollar settlement, three clients got a grand total of $60,000, while the rest of the clients got coupons.

What happened to the rest of the money?

Looks like the attorneys, starting with Obama, got the redistributed wealth, while the clients got the shaft.

It’s a great example of how broken the class-action tort system is, and how it can force businesses to adopt bad economic policy while benefiting no one except the lawyers.

It’s also a great example of the media’s utter failure in the 2008 election to take a serious look at Obama’s track record.

Why didn’t this come out?

Even John Edwards’ law practice got some scrutiny in 2004 and 2007, before Edwards’ candidacy imploded in scandal.

Looks like Racist obummer likes to f*ck the blaks
bobby64

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Tammy is a class act who proves our best days are in front of us. Who she loves is her business. I would of easily voted for her. The tea bags in secret must bow down and hate her as she does not represent there version of the bible. They want every one in america to live according to a standard that they only portray in public viewing. You represent yours, i will do the same
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Why so much hatred by the Rep party and teabaggers and bible thumpers to hate the gays, blacks, latinos,equal rights for women, minorities in general, I cant figure it out.
Why?
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
Why so much hatred by the Rep party and teabaggers and bible thumpers to hate the gays, blacks, latinos,equal rights for women, minorities in general, I cant figure it out.
Why?

Congressional Black Caucus Chairman Admits Obama’s Blackness Trumps His Failed Record

Considering the caucus’ history, it’s shocking CBC Chairman Rep. Emmanuel Cleaver admitted to the Root the CBC has been reluctant to criticize President Obama because he’s black.

Never mind black unemployment under Obama for the past three years has been nearly double the national average and hit a record high of 16% in 2011.

Black unemployment hasn’t been that high since 1984.

I guess Cleaver also isn’t concerned black wealth has also plummeted under Obama.

According to Pew Research Center, the average black family’s wealth is about $5,600 compared with $113,000 for whites.

According to Cleaver,“pride” about the president’s blackness trumps any concerns over current 14% black unemployment for members of the CBC.

Cleaver said “if we had a white president we'd be marching around the White House.”
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

The nation is not going over the fiscal cliff.....wall street reacts!!

After Bush left us in a big hole Obama is pulling it out.

Why do so many Reps want the Presiedent to fail
Why?
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Godless:

No Credentials for God at the Democrat Convention

Are you wondering why the Democrats want to kick God out of the convention hall and the Party?

"Fascism assumes that society as a whole is a scientific organism, predictable, controlled and manageable, upon which one great and scientifically enlightened leader or group of leaders are able to impose the 'will of the people', which it portrays itself as representing.

It is the antithesis of Western traditional liberalism, and the enemy of liberty.

Generally relying on a 'youth movement'[think Occupy Wall Street] and/or labor movement to gain power, fascism sees all facets of society as political, and that therefore any conduct by the state through its enlightened leaders to improve society is justified.

In order to gain power and incite the youth movement to action, it many times blames a scapegoat ethnic or social group for society’s ills, such as the Jews etc.

Every aspect and detail of life becomes the state's responsibility.

Fascism becomes a state religion, i.e. it becomes the religion of the state and seeks to eventually replace or incorporate all true religion.

Eventually, if it completes its seizure of power, nothing and no one is permitted to present an opposing position, it is totalitarian."

http://www.examiner.com/article/godless-no-cr ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,981 - 41,000 of51,335
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 18 hr coffeebagger 3,518
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 18 hr Don Juan 5,096
Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) Apr 18 Davenport 23
Public hearing set for 'Big Pipe' proposal Apr 17 Davenport 8
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Apr 16 nonyabusiness 51
York County sheriffs nab 19 in recent warrant s... Apr 13 lady 4
Police: Maryland man admits to Gettysburg Book ... Mar 29 Pink eye 22
•••
•••
•••
Hanover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••