Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Hanover Forum

Comments (Page 2,036)

Showing posts 40,701 - 40,720 of51,293
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
yeah baby

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

chris76543 wrote:
9:08 AM EST
McConnell should lead the party. He can continue to make his number one goal ensuring Obama is a one-term president - he wouldn't accomplish anything less (than NOTHING) if he did this again.

Republicans need to change their "trickle down" platform (no jobs have been created) and look to help the whole country instead of their top donors/connected industries (like defense contractors).

If they do the above, they will automatically STOP SNOWING VOTERS and may pick up some of the more-savvy "urban vote" - people who have to deal with lying poseurs can spot them a mile away, unlike your typical uneducated rural hick with no teeth who just knew Mitt was a white Republican. Other voters (like me) knew Mitt's numbers never added up - I just figured out that the $1B Repubs contributed/spent on this election would have resulted in $60B/YEAR of high-end tax cuts ($900B total income tax in 2010; 70% of tax [rightfully paid] by those who make 70% of the money=$630B; half paid by 'rich' Repubs=$315B; Mitt's 20% additional tax cut [on top of Bush 3-5% cut]=$60B (which also means the high-end Bush cuts gave them about $10B-15B, none/little of which has been used to create jobs). So they took 6% of what Bush gave them/Repubs extended to bet on Repub races that would have yielded a 60-fold return (6000% per year) had they won the bet - not a bad strategy - good the taxpayers didn't let them get away with it.

And even though he's made MILLIONS from hard-working people helping him sell pizzas, Papa John was stomping around (throwing fistfuls of pepperoni slices and grated cheese) whining because he doesn't want to spend/charge an extra 10-14 cents per pizza to help 30-40 hr/week part-timers get health insurance....
yeah baby

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Romney was lonely after May, wasn't he? All those Republicans he outspent in the primaries vanished. Party leadership vanished. Senior elected officials (Senators, Congressman and Governors) vanished, except for Christie. Party stalwarts in fundraising vanished. Even Ryan didn't appear with him all that often.
Except for Christie, none of the people on this list spoke up for Romney. Perhaps if his own party members had shown a little loyalty and willingness to expend some of their political capital during the summer and fall they could allbe slapping each other on the back in victory, instead of sourly griping about each other
LMAO
yeah baby

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

I can read the GOP's internal want ad from my front porch:

PARTY LEADER. The GOP is currently seeking a motivated individual to play an integral role in our party. The ideal candidate must have a strong background in changing demographic trends, as well as an ability to think beyond 1965. This position requires at least five years of experience talking in hyperbole, parroting the day's talking points, and interfacing with the party's fading core demographic on national party-propaganda-parading-as-n ews stations. The successful candidate will be an aggressive self-starter and team player who is able to interact with a ever-smaller segment of the U.S. population. Extensive experience with echo chambers, overhead projectors, and Windows 95 is a plus. This is a temporary contract position.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You're nothing but a troll anymore, Roger.
You've become taxnomore.
//////////

Old Man Whitey is obsessed with giving out goodies.

The third world Mexicans and Somalis could care less.

They get food stamps, WIC and Section 8 and they give us bed bugs, tuberculosis, Mexican swine flu and Shigellosis.

Black youth unemployment is 50%, yet Blacks are celebrating this "revenge" on the part of their Indonesian messiah.

We've raised two generations of lowlifes.

LBJ's Great Society has finally achieved its intended goal...a nation where the majority is uneducated, dependent and willingly enslaved.

"War on Poverty" and healthcare reform

In 1964, upon Johnson's request, Congress passed the Revenue Act of 1964 and the Economic Opportunity Act, which was in association with the war on poverty.

Johnson set in motion bills and acts,[64]

creating programs such as

Head Start,

food stamps,

Work Study,

Medicare

and Medicaid, which still exist today.

“I’ll have those n**-gers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”

- Lyndon B. Johnson

We've raised two generations of willingly enslaved lowlifes.
yeah baby

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

OK now it's time for TaxNoMore to spam the room.....LMAO!
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Dan the Man

sez

Educate your ignorant ass on what the ACA actually does before you say stupid shit like this.

//////////

A 40% tax on "Cadillac Health Care Plans" starting in 2018.

Those whose employers pay for all or most of comprehensive healthcare plans (costing $10,200 for an individual or $27,500 for families) will have to pay a 40% tax on the amount their employer pays.

The 2018 start date is said to have been a gift to unions, which often have comprehensive plans.( ATR.org )

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-n ...

Keep RUNNING from the FACTS, loser!!!!!

They keep KICKING your Azz and you keep RUNNING!!!

It's HILARIOUS to watch!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to the name calling. You started it, and I took your advise. I will respond in the same manner.
Learn to debate with respect then get back to me. I've had enough of your posts that are outright lies or half truths. If you want to be taken serious then grow up and realize we all don't agree or think like you.
I'll pass with calling you a troll this time.
Please. I don't lie and you know it.

I was offering constructive criticism, Roger. The posts I referenced were just like taxnomore's garbage - and you know that too. You aren't even trying to be taken seriously here.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text> Two good examples of a troll would be bobby64 and the poster with a thousand ID from West Mifflin.
Agreed.

And you now too.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

interstate employees have takin cuts on their salary along with pesions for several years now. being one who has been around the grocery dsd business for years knew this was coming. the bakers finally said enough and refused to sign the union contract which would have cut their pay and benefits/pensions even more. what good was the union ? not much. their facilities and trucks are decades behind.

i suspect an outfit like flowers or bimbo will pick up the line and have their independent operators deliver the precious twinkies. i/o's are the future in distribution. companay pays zero benefits and all accountability will be on the i/o, however an i/o will make substantially more than any company driver ever dreamed.

i know several drivers who will be out of work dec. 20th right b4 the holidays unless there is a christmas miracle. what as shame.
Deep Pockets

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

boxhard wrote:
interstate employees have takin cuts on their salary along with pesions for several years now. being one who has been around the grocery dsd business for years knew this was coming. the bakers finally said enough and refused to sign the union contract which would have cut their pay and benefits/pensions even more. what good was the union ? not much. their facilities and trucks are decades behind.
i suspect an outfit like flowers or bimbo will pick up the line and have their independent operators deliver the precious twinkies. i/o's are the future in distribution. companay pays zero benefits and all accountability will be on the i/o, however an i/o will make substantially more than any company driver ever dreamed.
i know several drivers who will be out of work dec. 20th right b4 the holidays unless there is a christmas miracle. what as shame.
yeah i agree the big shots make millions on the backs of workers and complain they cant pay health insurance for their employees?( I seem to think there are other factors involved )
How greedy can one be? This is the Romney's emerging from our society ( aka Bain wannabees ) let them go under like romney wanted detroit to do.All makes sense now,huh? twinkies and ho ho's are death sentences to all who eat them. Eat an apple or an orange ,whatever .......this is the greed in this country. and we all know it . I dont fault wealth but the greedy have ruined this country.
Archie Bunker

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Where are my TWINKIES??? Meathead, you fat liberal, did you take them?
Professor John

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Here's a great example,,,,,,,,,,do we shut down the universities because union professors want a raise and healthcare paid too?
Why cant we tell them to 'hit the bricks'?

The longest faculty labor dispute in the history of Pennsylvania's 14 state-owned universities inched closer a showdown today with an announcement that union professors have voted overwhelmingly to give their negotiators authority on short notice to call a strike.

Affirmative votes were cast by 95 percent of those taking part in the election, which included more than 86 percent of the roughly 5,000 faculty belonging to the Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculties, union leaders said.

A raw vote tally was not immediately available

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/news/educ...
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Every election is meaningful. But some, like Tuesday's, are pivotal. The choice between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney could not be more clear. Each man, as president in the next four years, would lead the country to a vastly different place.

Saddled from day one with the largest economic calamity the United States has seen since the Great Depression, Mr. Obama worked to stimulate jobs and business, stabilize a teetering banking system, calm a housing market in free fall and save a large chunk of the economy by way of the auto industry.

Along the way, he inaugurated a comprehensive health insurance overhaul that had eluded presidents of both parties and that now guarantees coverage for tens of millions who once fell through the cracks. He also accomplished a sweeping reform of financial regulations to prevent what happened in 2008 and reduce the vulnerability of average savers and investors to the risky gambits of high-flying market manipulators.

But the country's economy is not out of the woods. The jobless rate must come down further, federal deficits and debt must be cut and American business must have certainty so it can grow and compete. These priorities remain on the president's plate and, given the forthright actions of his first term, he is not about to shrink from the challenges of his second.

His challenger is a walking, talking question mark. The Mitt Romney who was governor of Massachusetts in 2003-07 or even the candidate seeking the Republican nomination last spring is different from the candidate who has been packaged and marketed to voters this fall.

Does government have a role in helping Americans get health coverage or not? Was the bank bailout necessary or not? Should Social Security be privatized or not? Should Roe vs. Wade be overturned or not? Do humans contribute to climate change or not?

Mitt Romney has answered these questions and others both ways. Which one would we find in the Oval Office?

We'd find one willing to cut taxes, even for the wealthy, while the nation needs to raise revenue. We'd find one eager to spend more on the military -- even more than the Defense Department wants -- while the nation needs to reduce spending. We'd find one planning to end Medicare as we know it and jeopardize its promise to most pre-retired Americans.

The choice is clear. Barack Obama wants to lead the country out of its morass and deserves the support of all Americans. His challenger is a man of shifting convictions, save for one core belief -- that he should be president. In America that's not enough, no matter the size of one's checkbook.
Gringo

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

yeah baby wrote:
OK now it's time for TaxNoMore to spam the room.....LMAO!
He thinks he has the lead role in the Broadway musical "Spam-a lot"
ImTiredOf_It

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

I hope Obama legalizes gay marriage and stops this witch hunt on pedophiles.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

pineapple spare ribs
captain beefheart

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Conservatives argue that the government shouldn't be responsible for helping so many American families as much as it does, and liberals argue those families need help paying for education, health insurance, and even food, rent and utilities.

These shifts have taken place as the super-wealthy owners of multinational corporations have increased their wealth exponentially while cutting pensions, salaries, wages, and benefits far, far below the living wage, and often far below the poverty line. The private sector has eschewed the responsibility they once patriotically carried of respecting America's superior workers, a responsibility once forced on them by labor unions, which is a far cry from a voracious government looking to expand for its own sake.

Corporations no longer have a threat from unions to keep them in line by challenging their corporate interest to exploit their workers, and corporations nearly won the presidency which would have been an even more decisive victory against what few regulations the government (the only entity left capable of curbing corporations) wields.
Jesse M

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Sen.-elect Ted Cruz, Texas
The Texas Republican moved beyond the '''gifts'' comment to criticize Romney for failing to give voters a reason to vote Republican. And Romney got a little too close to President Obama on their third debate, Cruz told the Federalist Society on Friday. "I'm pretty certain Mitt Romney actually French-kissed Barack Obama.''
Republicans run from Romney
Mitt Romney said “gifts” to youth, minorities and the poor helped President Obama win. Leaders of his Republican Party rushed to disagree, some vehemently.
Poor Mitt..........sniff*
It just goes to show you how arrogant this clown was.
Jesse M

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Susana Martinez Rips Mitt Romney, Wants GOP Latino Outreach to Change:

The party is jumping ship..LMAO!

Republican New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez has her own message of hope and change for the GOP following Mitt Romney's defeat on Election Day.

The first Latina governor in U.S. history and the most prominent Latina in the Republican party criticized Mitt Romney's campaign rhetoric, her party's approach to the Hispanic community, and pushed the need for comprehensive immigration reform.

Martinez, who was mentioned as a possible vice presidential candidate, criticized Romney's most recent comments that said Obama won over minority and young voters because he offered "gifts" to them.

“That unfortunately is what sets us back as a party — our comments that are not thought through carefully,” she said in an interview with Politico and Yahoo News after the Republican Governors Association meeting on Thursday.

Martinez criticized Republicans as well, implying that her party isn't diverse enough.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/201...

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

EPA----Obama's bed partner.

AEA Responds to EPA Rejection of Renewable Fuel Standards Waiver

November 16, 2012

WASHINGTON D.C.— The American Energy Alliance President Thomas Pyle responded today to the decision of the Environmental Protection Agency to deny a waiver request by seven state governors seeking relief from the federal Renewable Fuel Standard.

“President Obama famously promised Vladimir Putin more flexibility after his re-election, but he’s offered no such flexibility to governors seeking relief from rising consumer prices in their states. Congress specifically authorized the EPA to grant RFS waivers when adverse circumstances made compliance difficult or impossible.The Obama EPA shows little concern for the hardships being faced by American consumers, and the denial of the governors’ request signals four more years of regulatory burdens, bureaucratic indifference, and politicized rule-making from this administration. As long as government mandates trump the free market, Americans will continue to suffer. Congress should repeal the mandate altogether and begin restoring sanity to our nation’s energy policy.

Although the U.S. Department of Agriculture forecasted the smallest corn crop in six years, thanks to this summer’s severe drought, the EPA is unfazed in its support of a policy that diverts nearly 40 percent of the nation’s corn crop into fuel. In addition to artificially inflating food and feed prices, RFS will continue to cost consumers at the gas pump. This is because ethanol has a lower energy content than traditional gasoline, requiring more frequent,$60+ fill-ups at the gas station.

http://www.productsandpower.org/2012/11/16/ae...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,701 - 40,720 of51,293
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Fri FORBES 5,086
Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) Fri Davenport 23
Public hearing set for 'Big Pipe' proposal Apr 17 Davenport 8
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Apr 16 nonyabusiness 51
York County sheriffs nab 19 in recent warrant s... Apr 13 lady 4
Police: Maryland man admits to Gettysburg Book ... Mar 29 Pink eye 22
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Mar 24 Stacy Krieger 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search