Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#43021 Nov 19, 2012
TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
Of the nearly million-dollar settlement, three clients got a grand total of $60,000, while the rest of the clients got coupons.
What happened to the rest of the money?
Looks like the attorneys, starting with Obama, got the redistributed wealth, while the clients got the shaft.
It’s a great example of how broken the class-action tort system is, and how it can force businesses to adopt bad economic policy while benefiting no one except the lawyers.
It’s also a great example of the media’s utter failure in the 2008 election to take a serious look at Obama’s track record.
Why didn’t this come out?
Even John Edwards’ law practice got some scrutiny in 2004 and 2007, before Edwards’ candidacy imploded in scandal.
.
.
Looks like Racist obummer likes to f*ck the blaks
"On Feb. 23, 1995, Obama billed 2 hours and 50 minutes for an appearance before Judge Ruben Castillo on behalf of his client, and also for reviewing some documents in advance of a deposition. That cost Citibank — which ultimately had to pay the winning side’s fees —$467 at Obama’s hourly rate of $165."

So, CitiBank paid the attorney fees.

I guess that makes you a dumbass and a liar. Added to you being a racist f*ck.

There were a total of 186 in that class action part.
xfactor

Mckeesport, PA

#43022 Nov 19, 2012
The implosion of the economy is be design, the criminal bankers have destroyed wages, the dollar, you 401K, your savings gets 1.5% while inflation is 9%, can't anyone see what is going on?

The middle class has been on the decline, while the recipient class has been increasing for the past 40 years.

Dependent slaves are easier to control than rugged self supporting individuals.

The media promoted left/right paradigm keeps your focus on each other, instead of seeing who the real problems is.

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

"From now on, depressions will be scientifically created." — Congressman Charles A.
Lindbergh Sr., 1913

"We have, in this country, one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board. This evil institution has impoverished the people of the United States and has practically bankrupted our government. It has done this through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it".— Congressman Louis T. McFadden in 1932 (Rep. Pa)
bobby64

Indian Trail, NC

#43023 Nov 19, 2012
The sky is falling, quickly run hide x whoever whatever
xfactor

Mckeesport, PA

#43024 Nov 19, 2012
"When the Federal Reserve Act was passed, the people of these United States did not perceive that a world banking system was being set up here. A super-state controlled by international bankers and industrialists...acting together to enslave the world...Every effort has been made by the Fed to conceal its powers but the truth is--the Fed has usurped the government." - Congressman Louis T. McFadden

Add in the Edward Bernays mass population control and the ownership of the media by these same interest.

Is is not a Democrat vs Republican battle, it is the people vs these corrupt control freak money changers.

But you are left to play in make believe land while they rob you, your families and your future.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#43025 Nov 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"On Feb. 23, 1995, Obama billed 2 hours and 50 minutes for an appearance before Judge Ruben Castillo on behalf of his client, and also for reviewing some documents in advance of a deposition. That cost Citibank — which ultimately had to pay the winning side’s fees —$467 at Obama’s hourly rate of $165."
So, CitiBank paid the attorney fees.
I guess that makes you a dumbass and a liar. Added to you being a racist f*ck.
There were a total of 186 in that class action part.
//////////

That cost Citibank — which ultimately had to pay the winning side’s fees —$467 at Obama’s hourly rate of $165."

//////////

The Chicago Sun-Times reported in 1998 that Obama claimed $23,000 in billable hours for his role in the lawsuit. That role was limited, partly because he was networking his way toward his 1996 election to the Illinois Senate. But he stayed with the firm until 2004, and it was his lawsuit.

Obama also won massive campaign donations from the mortgage industry, including at least $126,349 between 1989 and 2004.

He sought public credit for the lawsuit: His employer submitted a docket to the court that listed him as the lead attorney for two of the three named plaintiffs in the case. The docket bound Obama’s name to the lawsuit — and to the 186 clients who would soon follow.

Obama also used his courtroom work to win a keynote speaking slot at an important conference of Chicago housing groups in 1996. Friends said “‘he’s really thoughtful,[and] he’s done some work as an attorney in these communities,’” Joel Bookman, director of programs for the influential Local Initiatives Support Corporation, which organized the event, told TheDC.

.
.
.
.

I guess that makes you a dumbass and a liar.

Added to you being a racist f*ck.
Greedy Breeder Mentality

Mckeesport, PA

#43026 Nov 19, 2012
"One can hardly blame Obama for causing divisions. After all, he was desperately seeking re-election.... You can, however, blame the media.... You can also blame parents who have reared the greediest, most self-indulgent, self-satisfied, bunch of hedonistic morons in this nation's history. I mean, it's not as if these youngsters who think that everything from a college education to cell phones and a lifetime supply of birth control pills are entitlements, were hatched from eggs, although they clearly have close ties to those, such as chickens and snakes, who are. The reason that the future looks so bleak is because, as I wrote prior to the election, America could probably survive four more years of Obama, but it can't survive a population that would re-elect him. It means that the takers now out-number the makers.... In the aftermath of the election, I have tried to adopt a philosophical attitude. I tried to remind myself that this, too, will pass. But that's like saying this, too, will pass when referring to a kidney stone the size of Obama." --columnist Burt Prelutsky
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#43027 Nov 19, 2012
RealDave

.
.
.
.

sez

.
.
.

"On Feb. 23, 1995, Obama billed 2 hours and 50 minutes for an appearance before Judge Ruben Castillo on behalf of his client, and also for reviewing some documents in advance of a deposition.

That cost Citibank — which ultimately had to pay the winning side’s fees —$467 at Obama’s hourly rate of $165."

So, CitiBank paid the attorney fees.

I guess that makes you a dumbass and a liar. Added to you being a racist f*ck.

There were a total of 186 in that class action part.

//////////

//////////

Subprime Bubble:

Obama 'Vampire Socialism' Built It

According to a 1998 Chicago Sun-Times report, Obama claimed $23,000 in billable hours for his role in the lawsuit.

He would also garner large campaign donations from the mortgage industry, including at least $126,349 between 1989 and 2004, in cash, not coupons.

That settlement was only the tip of the iceberg.

When Citibank, in April 1998, sought federal approval for a merger with Travelers Group, it only got OK from the Clinton administration progressives after it promised in May to provide $115 billion for anti-redlining loans.

.
.

Anti-redlining promises made by other financial institutions added up to $600 billion between 1993 and 1998, according to a 2000 Treasury Department report.

.
.

We have heard a lot about the "vampire capitalism" of Bain Capital and its former chief, Mitt Romney.

We have heard next to nothing about the "vampire socialism" of Barack Obama in helping to plant the seeds of economic collapse that he would exploit to his own political benefit later.

Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0904...

.
.
.
.

I guess that makes you a dumbass and a liar.

Added to you being a racist f*ck.
welcome back

Chambersburg, PA

#43028 Nov 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"On Feb. 23, 1995, Obama billed 2 hours and 50 minutes for an appearance before Judge Ruben Castillo on behalf of his client, and also for reviewing some documents in advance of a deposition. That cost Citibank — which ultimately had to pay the winning side’s fees —$467 at Obama’s hourly rate of $165."
So, CitiBank paid the attorney fees.
I guess that makes you a dumbass and a liar. Added to you being a racist f*ck.
There were a total of 186 in that class action part.
where ya been? did dan the man let you out for awhile or did you sneak out on your own?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#43029 Nov 19, 2012
yes,yes,yes !

congress is nothing more than a dog and pony show, a big play for americans to fight about. the majority of them are controlled puppets.

buy gold and silver and stay away from the stock market ponzi scheme, the mega banks will crash it at their will. remeber the bailouts and the threats of catastrophe if they didnt get their tarp tax dollars ?
xfactor wrote:
The implosion of the economy is be design, the criminal bankers have destroyed wages, the dollar, you 401K, your savings gets 1.5% while inflation is 9%, can't anyone see what is going on?
The middle class has been on the decline, while the recipient class has been increasing for the past 40 years.
Dependent slaves are easier to control than rugged self supporting individuals.
The media promoted left/right paradigm keeps your focus on each other, instead of seeing who the real problems is.
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild
"From now on, depressions will be scientifically created." — Congressman Charles A.
Lindbergh Sr., 1913
"We have, in this country, one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board. This evil institution has impoverished the people of the United States and has practically bankrupted our government. It has done this through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it".— Congressman Louis T. McFadden in 1932 (Rep. Pa)

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

#43030 Nov 19, 2012
bobby64 wrote:
Quit your bitching racist rogers. The election is so yesterday. Can you find some more to be tea bag ignorant over? You betcha, the tea bag warrior learns
After reading your posts I fully support an intelligence test to vote.
bobby64

Indian Trail, NC

#43031 Nov 19, 2012
Marisa, ha ha he ha ahhh schucky schucky and all that still has you a dummy dumb ass
No Opinion

New Castle, PA

#43032 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>After reading your posts I fully support an intelligence test to vote.
Me too. Hope you're going to be okay with not voting.
bobby64

Indian Trail, NC

#43033 Nov 19, 2012
Racist rogers, join Marisa in the dumb ass corner, dumb ass sniveling ignorant tea bag
GOP tea baggin each other

Butler, PA

#43034 Nov 19, 2012
Beer nuts for the crybabies..lol
Gringo

Newark, NJ

#43035 Nov 19, 2012
Greedy Breeder Mentality wrote:
"One can hardly blame Obama for causing divisions. After all, he was desperately seeking re-election.... You can, however, blame the media.... You can also blame parents who have reared the greediest, most self-indulgent, self-satisfied, bunch of hedonistic morons in this nation's history. I mean, it's not as if these youngsters who think that everything from a college education to cell phones and a lifetime supply of birth control pills are entitlements, were hatched from eggs, although they clearly have close ties to those, such as chickens and snakes, who are. The reason that the future looks so bleak is because, as I wrote prior to the election, America could probably survive four more years of Obama, but it can't survive a population that would re-elect him. It means that the takers now out-number the makers.... In the aftermath of the election, I have tried to adopt a philosophical attitude. I tried to remind myself that this, too, will pass. But that's like saying this, too, will pass when referring to a kidney stone the size of Obama." --columnist Burt Prelutsky
Very scientific analysis...this is one big load of crap...

Sounds like something coming out of the Glenn Beck stable...
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#43036 Nov 19, 2012
How Mitt Romney Suckered His Fat-Cat Donors:

Mitt Romney didn't lead Barack Obama for a single day of the campaign in Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight forecast, the Princeton Election Consortium's forecast, the Rand Corporation's model or the Electoral College forecasts offered by poll aggregators like Talking Points Memo and Real Clear Politics. The base may have shrugged that off as widespread and systematic “bias” on the part of pollsters and numbers crunchers, but campaign hacks are news junkies and while they could have believed a comeback win was possible, the notion that they saw it as a sure thing – sure enough that Mitt Romney didn't bother to even prepare a concession speech – just doesn't pass the smell test.

If one believes the insiders' accounts, the Romney campaign was basing its strategy on its own “unskewed” internal polls. CBS reported that “their internal polling showed them leading in key states, so they decided to make a play for a broad victory: go to places like Pennsylvania while also playing it safe in the last two weeks.”

A more likely scenario emerges when you consider how Romney's campaign was financed, relying on a small pool of very deep-pocketed donors. As Michael Scherer put it back in July,“Mitt Romney is struggling to get everyday people to give small amounts to his campaign.”
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#43037 Nov 19, 2012
By September, almost 90 percent of the donations to the Romney-aligned super-PACs – which were doing the heavy lifting in terms of advertising – exceeded $100,000, according to the New York Times . Only 23 percent of the campaign's donations were under $200 (compared to 56 percent for Obama).

And by the time the conventions rolled around, it looked like the money was beginning to dry up. In September, the New York Times reported,“Mitt Romney entered the final months of the presidential campaign with a cash balance of just $35 million,” and was “racing to find new large donors.” The Romney team “grew so short of available cash that his campaign borrowed $20 million and sharply curtailed advertising.” When that report came out – as Romney and Ryan were “racing to find new large donors”– Nate Silver's model gave them just a 23.9 percent chance of winning. By the end of September, the likelihood of a Romney victory was down to 15 percent – hardly a good bet for a gambling man like casino magnate Sheldon Adelson.
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#43038 Nov 19, 2012
As Bob Biersack, senior fellow at the Center for Responsive Politics, told CBS, the GOP's big donors “have to feel a little bit embarrassed,” which is “not a common experience for them. They'll have to evaluate how they spent the money and what might be a better use of that kind of resource." He added that "it'll be a harder sell" for Rove and other big-money bundlers the next time around.

With so many big dollars at stake, it would have been disastrous for the GOP's fattest cats to catch on to the fact that they'd been conned; that the campaign had intentionally exaggerated Romney's chances in order to keep the cash flowing. So a few of Romney's senior staffers went to a couple of reliable Beltway reporters and sold them a story of a campaign that had been utterly shocked to have lost – as shocked as they'd be to discover that there's gambling in Casablanca.

That scenario is far more likely than the notion that they were completely suckered by their own rather obvious spin.
Bad case of Romnesia

Butler, PA

#43039 Nov 19, 2012
Wow.. feeding off themselves. First. Hypnotizing their sheeple. Then, ripping them off. Blind side !
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#43040 Nov 19, 2012
President Řbama says, "The path we offer may be harder, but it leads to a better place."

But how much more debt will this country have to accumulate before we reach that better place?

A better and peaceful world is possible — a world where people and nature come before profits.

That’s socialism.

That’s our vision.

We are the Communist Party USA.

http://www.cpusa.org/

"The path we offer may be harder, but it leads to a better place."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr Skip Intel - Blam... 4,021
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 1 hr George Perry 5,471
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Mon R Nixon 186
Straban Township man charged for Walmart thefts Sep 20 Petal Power 2
bulllys at the work place. Sep 19 Petal Power 3
Hanover Police Force Sep 15 Jeremy 1
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Sep 4 lesson learned 8

Hanover Jobs

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]