Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Hanover Forum

Comments (Page 2,003)

Showing posts 40,041 - 40,060 of51,391
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Some highlights from a great interview I heard last night between Melissa Block and Republican strategist Mark McCinnon --

Well, in light of the Republican Party's losses from Mitt Romney on down, those are questions we thought we'd put to a Republican strategist: Mark McKinnon, who was a campaign adviser to John McCain in the 2008 primaries. Before that, he served as chief media adviser for the George W. Bush campaigns in 2000 and 2004.

BLOCK: Do you think there's another Republican primary candidate from this past field who would have fared any better?

MCKINNON: Oh, yeah. I think somebody like Jon Huntsman would have won, and I think would have won perhaps by a decisive margin.

BLOCK: Well, that always is the question then, right? Because in the Republican primaries, they're appealing to the conservative base and then have to pivot to try to appeal to the general electorate in November.

MCKINNON: Yeah. And that's the problems with the Republican primary, and primaries in general have just been drifting further and further to the extreme so that we nominate people that are unelectable in the general elections. I mean, it was inexplicable to me that we have a Republican Party whose strategy was to try to increase the number of old white men. You know, that's a strategy based on a coalition of voters that's shrinking and dying.

BLOCK: Is that where you see the GOP right now, the party of old white people and, in particular, old white men?

MCKINNON: Well, yeah. I mean, that's the only place where we saw any voter share increase. In all other demographics, we saw the number go down among women, among Hispanics, among African-Americans, among key and growing demographic constituencies. And demographics is destiny in politics, and it's important that the Republican Party recognize that. I think they will. You know, there's nothing like being in the desert to figure out how to get water.

BLOCK: Is there a more fundamental problem, though, for the Republican Party that if you're trying to attract younger voters who went strongly for Barack Obama, that population is much more accepting of, say, same-sex marriage and a number of social issues on which the Republican Party is just out of step?

MCKINNON: No question about it. I mean, I think those are issues that 20 years from now we'll look back on and just can't believe that they were ever an issue. It's definitely headed that direction. And Republicans are behind the curve on important civil rights issues like gay marriage and other issues where younger voters are looking at the Republican Party and just say, man, that seems like a party out of the '50s. That doesn't reflect my views or where I'm headed. So on all the growing demographics - younger voters, Hispanics - the Republican Party is out of step and out of sync.

BLOCK: If the Republican Party wants to close the gender gap, what would it need to do?

MCKINNON: The Republican Party needs to, first of all, quit electing people in primaries that have prehistoric notions about women's issues. And we had people like Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock, who were expressing views that literally sound like they came out of the Stone Age. And, you know, the problem for Mitt Romney is that that becomes a perception about the entire Republican Party.

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Dove Ragers wrote:
welcome back Dave Rogers.
You posted with vitriol time and time against Nate Silver and Electoralvote dismissing them as bias while both predicted the election precisely, just as bth did in 2008.
You were vile and insulting toward anyone who posted a link to those sites because the information didn't fit the wrong headed narrative you were pushing.
Now your back bitching because someone is posting information that conflicts with your position?!
http://www.electoral-vote.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/
http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/...
I see you're back with the same old shit. Grow up idiot. The election is over. Move on and I don't mean moveon.org .
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

A 40% tax on "Cadillac Health Care Plans" starting in 2018.

Those whose employers pay for all or most of comprehensive healthcare plans (costing $10,200 for an individual or $27,500 for families) will have to pay a 40% tax on the amount their employer pays.

The 2018 start date is said to have been a gift to unions, which often have comprehensive plans.( ATR.org )

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-n...

Since: Jul 12

Portland, Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Bah hum bug racist tea cup guzzler, gulp gulp. You can always invest in your 2nd amendment rights, boy. Your the ones that lost the election so yap yap or do some thing. What can you tea cup guzzlers do? Bend over boy
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

bobby6464 wrote:
Bah hum bug racist tea cup guzzler, gulp gulp. You can always invest in your 2nd amendment rights, boy. Your the ones that lost the election so yap yap or do some thing. What can you tea cup guzzlers do? Bend over boy
//////////

Well, Obamacare is now official, which means that a lot more people in the United States will have health insurance.

And it also means a lot more people will be paying more taxes.

(You didn't think Obamacare was free, did you?)

Here are some of the new taxes you're going to have to pay to pay for Obamacare:

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-n ...

Big Blak Bird

Portland, Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Did you post them new tax information before racist tes cup guzzler? You betcha. Come back to the present
Marissa T girl

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're back with the same old shit. Grow up idiot. The election is over. Move on and I don't mean moveon.org .
Karl Rove lost his Tampon, he is looking for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
Well, Obamacare is now official, which means that a lot more people in the United States will have health insurance.
And it also means a lot more people will be paying more taxes.
(You didn't think Obamacare was free, did you?)
Here are some of the new taxes you're going to have to pay to pay for Obamacare:
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-n ...
Big Blak Bird
Whoops...
The page you are trying to reach cannot be found.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-n...

just for ewe
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

QE-3

The Fed is buying $40 billion of mortgage-backed securities a month to boost housing and fuel growth and employment.

40 billion = 200,000 toxic or under valued $200,000 mortgages per month.
Or
40 billion = 400,000 toxic or under valued $100,000 mortgages per month.

When you invest in a mortgage-backed security you are essentially lending money to a homebuyer or business.

An MBS is a way for a smaller regional bank to lend mortgages to its customers without having to worry about whether the customers have the assets to cover the loan.

180,427 New Foreclosures Sep 2012....$186,754 Foreclosure Avg Sales Price

Why not eliminate the middleman?

Let's call it "The U.S. Treasury Mortgage Relief Bond”

The bond would be non-marketable security (such as savings bond) that is issued to subscribers and cannot be transferred through market sales.

Unlike a Mortgage-Backed Securities, these bonds would be held solely by the US treasury and collections made monthly or yearly to the IRS.

The “U.S. Treasury Mortgage Relief Bond” payment is applied per Social Security Number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).

The full amount of loan will be repaid, at no loss to taxpayer if loan amount is $100,000 and home value is$ 80,000, bond amount is $100,000

A 100K “U.S. Treasury Mortgage Relief Bond” payment would be about $125.00 a month.e.g. 100K bond payments 12 x $125.00 =$1,500.00 withheld from bondholders tax return.

Equity appreciation belongs to bond holder but can’t be taken out until refinanced to conventional loan.

No federal tax deductions for 1 1/2% 10-year bond payments or local property taxes

Local taxes must be current and assessed at local market value not amount of bond

Lend that 40 Billion a month to American Taxpayers instead of China.

Portland, Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

The fiscal cliff is coming and what's the tea cup guzzlers to do? Act as if elections don't have consequences but they do. The president should go on a little longer Christmas vacation allowing all bush tax cuts to expire then present Johnny boner a deal to continue every tax cut except for the wealthy then allow him to refuse, he won't. Like bush said winning election gave him political capital clout and its time to spend it. Obama has that

Portland, Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Johny boner is up for reelection in two years as with every house member so it would be in his best interest not to order any president in a 2nd term to do any thing. The Carl Rowe spent 400 hundred million dollars with his super pack spending and failed. Boner even has less

Portland, Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Can any one think how mad the Koch brothers will be at the con party in Congress when they pay more taxes after investing so much not to allow that to happen? The tea cup guzzlers will never see president Obama does not need to worry about another election but they do. I'm going to find entertainment watching cantor and boner fighting which is already happening, that's what losers do.
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Romney was the worst investment ( money wise ) in politically history..........Most money spend on a failed useless candidate.
OH well!.........

While Mutt rans all over the country on election day,,,,,,Obama sipping beers and laughing the day of the election cause he already knew the game was over ( called Mutt 9:00 AM on Tuesday morning to say "I won re- election"....He knew it, we all knew it....Romney and his supporters were clueless
FOX gave the GOP hope and another loss.....
Keep tuning into Fox for the most reliable,unbiased news LOL!
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

"But,but,but buttt,wait,wait, waitttttt !!!!!
There are still votes uncounted in Ohio that will go to Mutt" -Karl Rove......LMAO

( all along all the the other 296 networks gave Obama Ohio early in the night!!!!!)

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Marissa T girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Karl Rove lost his Tampon, he is looking for you.
I take it you couldn't help him, you dirty pig? Doesn't obamacare supply them?

In your case I fully support birth control, abortion and even the 12 member death team.
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

November 9th, 2012

Barack Obama’s re-election has already saved American taxpayers a substantial amount of money and this savings will only increase over the next four years. It doesn’t have anything to do with the fiscal cliff, different views of the budget or even the reaction of the stock market. It’s far more simple. The Secret Service only has to continue to protect the four Obamas rather than all 29 members of Mitt Romney’s family. As Marc Ambinder from GQ noted:

“Romney has his family. When the race was close, agents would joke about the number of “j” words they’d need to come up with in order to give every one of his children, their wives, and all of their children code names. That’s 29 people who would have received, if not protection, at least a protective survey and recommendations from the Service. Quietly, plans had already been put in place to assign protective details to all of them, just in case.”

The cost of protecting 29 different Romneys scattered across the country would have be huge. Of course, considering the size of the U.S. budget deficit, it would just be a drop in the bucket. But, every little bit counts and, who knows, the savings might just be enough to allow taxpayers to continue funding Big Bird.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

November sentiment highest since 2007

You know,

free turkeys at the homeless shelters,

obummercare,

free phones,

free food,

free condoms,

free gas,

free mortgage payments,

free education for illegals,

open borders,

cash for clunkers,

cash for caulkers,

cash for houses.

The dummies, yuppies and gimmies who voted for Obama are in the Christmas spirit.
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Mitt Romney Campaign Aides Had Credit Cards Canceled Late On Election Night

Mitt Romney delayed conceding the 2012 election to President Barack Obama, even with the writing on the wall. Once he admitted defeat, however, his campaign went into shutdown mode, quickly dismantling and even canceling the credit cards of campaign aides late on election night.

"Fiscally conservative," one Romney campaign staffer told NBC.

Although Romney's staffers' credit cards were canceled, there are still loose ends to tie up. Papers need to be filed with federal commissions and bills need to be paid, Forbes' Helaine Olen notes.

That staff also has to deal with the wrath of Romney donors, who allege they were disillusioned by the chances the Republican party had to win.

On Wednesday, Romney had a post-defeat breakfast with some of his wealthiest and most loyal donors. At the private gathering, the donors allegedly unloaded on Romney staff for its failed "junior varsity operation."

“Everybody feels like they were a bunch of well-meaning folks who were, to use a phrase that Governor Romney coined to describe his opponent, way in over their heads,” one member of the campaign’s national finance committee told the Washington Post's Philip Rucker.“Romney World will fade into the obscurity of a lot of losing campaigns.”

Republican pundits also answered to those donors.

Karl Rove's Crossroads allegedly called the campaign's biggest donors to explain the loss on Thursday, according to Politico.“Obviously, somebody made a mistake and didn’t do things right. There’s no question about that,” Stan Hubbard, a Minnesota media mogul and mega-donor, told Politico's Ken Vogel

LQQK HERE:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/mitt...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,041 - 40,060 of51,391
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 3 min Independent Voter 3,551
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 26 min Pretzel Rod Jeremy 5,126
Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) Apr 18 Davenport 23
Public hearing set for 'Big Pipe' proposal Apr 17 Davenport 8
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Apr 16 nonyabusiness 51
York County sheriffs nab 19 in recent warrant s... Apr 13 lady 4
Police: Maryland man admits to Gettysburg Book ... Mar 29 Pink eye 22
•••

Fire Weather Watch for York County was issued at April 23 at 3:39AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••