Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Hanover Forum

Comments (Page 2,002)

Showing posts 40,021 - 40,040 of51,398
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

This has happened before. In 2008, Joseph Wurzelbacher, a plumber from Ohio, confronted Obama about his tax policy during an election walkabout. Wurzelbacher became an immediate media sensation, and overnight was drafted in as a surrogate for the McCain camp, pushing the image of Obama as someone out of touch with ordinary America. But then Wurzelbacher overreached himself, and started venturing onto issues like foreign policy. Fox anchor Shepherd Smith – who enjoys a reputation for independence – finally snapped, and took Wurzelbacher to task for a comment he had made about how “a vote for Obama is a vote for the death of Israel”. Concluding the interview Smith looked directly at the camera and said “Man, it just gets frightening sometimes.” Again, the fact that it was Fox that had challenged Wurzelbacher became the story, and brought a premature end to Joe the Plumber’s burgeoning media career.

There is also one other significant way in which Fox works against those it seeks to serve. In effect, it provides a false comfort zone for conservative politicians and their supporters.
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Similarly, there were times in the campaign when I saw Karl Rove on Fox make quite a mature and compelling argument about how – despite the evidence of the polls – Romney was well placed to win. But then a few hours later I’d see Dick Morris making the same arguments in his cartoonish way. And as soon as I saw Dick Morris peddling the line, I knew for certain Rove was bluffing.

Perhaps most damaging of all was the way Fox prevented Romney and the Republicans from properly stress-testing their arguments. Time and again, a Romney surrogate would be taken apart on an issue like their economic policy or stance on abortion. But an hour later they’d be back in the Fox studio, being lobbed softballs and given a soft ride. And it lulled them and their campaign into thinking the earlier car-crash had been an aberration, just one more example of the venality of the MSM.

Obviously Fox is influential. They reach a wide audience, and are a major, well-resourced and professionally run national broadcast outlet. But I’m not so sure they’re as damaging to Democrats as Democrats fear, or as helpful to Republicans as Republicans like to think.

And as the GOP begins the process of sifting through the wreckage of its latest election defeat, it needs to learn a lesson. Just because you’re winning around Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity, it doesn’t mean you’re winning around America

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-is-ki...
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

As with the idea that government doesn't create jobs, so too, government doesn't control investors.

QE1: The Fed announced QE1 in March 2009, saying it would buy up to $300 billion in Treasuries. The purchases were combined with buying $175 billion worth of debt issued by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, known as agency debt, and $1.25 trillion in mortgage-backed securities backed by the two mortgage finance agencies as well as Ginnie Mae.

MARKET IMPACT

The S&P 500 index jumped 2.09 per cent to 794.35 on March 18, 2009, the day of the QE1 announcement.

By the end of October of that year, the S&P had soared 30 per cent to trade at 1,036 points.

oh my!!!!!!!

30 per cent

government doesn't control investors

//////////

QE2: In November 2010, the Fed announced its QE2 program that involved the purchase of $600 billion in longer-dated Treasuries by the end of the second quarter of 2011.

This second round of Treasuries purchases was seen as critical at the time to avert deflation, a situation where a spiral of falling prices can cripple an economy for years, as was the case in Japan in the 1990s.

MARKET IMPACT

The S&P rose 0.37 per cent to end at 1,197.96 on Nov. 3, 2010, the day the Fed unveiled QE2.

When it wrapped up, the index was trading at 1,320.64, up about 10.2 per cent.

oh my!!!!!!!

10.2 per cent

//////////

QE3: On Sept. 13, the Fed announced a purchase program to buy more mortgage-backed securities, and also said it would continue purchases until the labor market showed substantial improvement. Some top policymakers signaled the Fed might consider purchasing more bonds including possibly Treasuries if the economy needs more help.

MARKET BACKDROP

The S&P jumped 1.6 per cent at 1,459.99 on the day of the QE3 announcement. It rallied another 0.4 per cent the next day and touched its highest level since December 2007. A week later, it was down to 1,460.26.

oh my!!!!!!!

obummer's phony stock market

Primum viveri deinde philosophari
Reverend Irreverent

State College, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Mitt Romnuts wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm telling you now....fragment away
You're just masking a far right agenda because your party just flopped...
Need to dissassociate with your losing coalition of nut jobs.
Don't worry though there enough out there for you to from another crazy party to take votes away from the republican agenda..
We are on to your agendas now...
Please please be disatisfied with everything
We Democrats are happy very happy right now...
We Democrats do love our leaders too..
We Democrats do trust our leaders ...
We Democrats are loyal now and watch what hppens in 2016
We are not mindless drones contrary to your delusions...
But you're entitled to your bogus opinions I quess but hey so is Rush Limbaugh
xfactor has been a proponent of the third-party candidates for a long time. So I don't know where you're getting ideas about a 'far right agenda'. There's nothing 'far right' about his ideas; we share perspectives and are awaiting positive results from Obama as much as any Romney voter from this past Tuesday. He's equally criticized both sides for a long period now. That's what third-party neutrality is. It's simply a foreign idea in a nation where few are aware there are more than two options.

Neither side liked being questioned and critiqued. Both attacked third-party supporters. Obama won reelection and now we hope to see his idealistic goals come to fruition. But we're not optimistic that he won't essentially act as another dancing marionette, strings pulled by phantom corporate puppeteers.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Knuckles O Toole wrote:
<quoted text>
As with the idea that government doesn't create jobs, so too, government doesn't control investors. Are you seriously blaming government for the free will choices of individual investors?
If individuals choose to believe nutbags that say a Muslim is in charge and will turn over our economy to followers of Allah is it the government's place to stop that?
The government doesn't work to control individuals it works to react and control as it can DESPITE what individuals control...like Fox news. Politicians of all stripes work to keep the ship of state afloat no matter the cause of individuals.
E Pluribus Unum.

Mail call!!!!!!

As with the idea that government doesn't create jobs, so too, government doesn't control investors.

QE1: The Fed announced QE1 in March 2009, saying it would buy up to $300 billion in Treasuries. The purchases were combined with buying $175 billion worth of debt issued by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, known as agency debt, and $1.25 trillion in mortgage-backed securities backed by the two mortgage finance agencies as well as Ginnie Mae.

MARKET IMPACT

The S&P 500 index jumped 2.09 per cent to 794.35 on March 18, 2009, the day of the QE1 announcement.

By the end of October of that year, the S&P had soared 30 per cent to trade at 1,036 points.

oh my!!!!!!!

30 per cent

//////////

QE2: In November 2010, the Fed announced its QE2 program that involved the purchase of $600 billion in longer-dated Treasuries by the end of the second quarter of 2011.

This second round of Treasuries purchases was seen as critical at the time to avert deflation, a situation where a spiral of falling prices can cripple an economy for years, as was the case in Japan in the 1990s.

MARKET IMPACT

The S&P rose 0.37 per cent to end at 1,197.96 on Nov. 3, 2010, the day the Fed unveiled QE2.

When it wrapped up, the index was trading at 1,320.64, up about 10.2 per cent.

oh my!!!!!!!

10.2 per cent

//////////

QE3: On Sept. 13, the Fed announced a purchase program to buy more mortgage-backed securities, and also said it would continue purchases until the labor market showed substantial improvement. Some top policymakers signaled the Fed might consider purchasing more bonds including possibly Treasuries if the economy needs more help.

MARKET BACKDROP

The S&P jumped 1.6 per cent at 1,459.99 on the day of the QE3 announcement. It rallied another 0.4 per cent the next day and touched its highest level since December 2007. A week later, it was down to 1,460.26.

oh my!!!!!!!

obummer's phony stock market

Primum viveri deinde philosophari
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

DO NOT get rid of Fox!
Where else would Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain and Donald Trump get a video soap box to go viral with. We can not allow them and their thoughts disappear into the ether.

Fox has done a superb job should be allowed to continue their excellent work.

I sincerely mean it. The country needs to see these people and have them tell America in their own words what they and especially the Republican Party stands for.
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Fox has been destroying the GOP since at least 2007. They are solely responsible for creating the hyper partisan MSNBC with Keith, then Rachel and then the ultimate dildo Lawrence O'Donnell.

But the biggest tragedy with Fox is that once in a while they actually break real news that nobody else will cover because of the other networks' slight or major left wing bias. But once you cry wolf as many times as Fox has, people won't be there to hear you when something real happens
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Sean Hannity is whining on TV now..........LMAO!
HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
Man this shit is funny stuff!!
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Just know that viewers of Fox News were recently proven (scientifically!) to be the LEAST INFORMED of any national newscast in the country.
Watch Fox, learn less.
Have you even watched PBS once? That's what straight down the middle news reporting looks like. It's kinda boring, true. That's probably why you left for Fox. Shiny things are cooler and more fun!

LMAO!

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
Fox has been destroying the GOP since at least 2007. They are solely responsible for creating the hyper partisan MSNBC with Keith, then Rachel and then the ultimate dildo Lawrence O'Donnell.
But the biggest tragedy with Fox is that once in a while they actually break real news that nobody else will cover because of the other networks' slight or major left wing bias. But once you cry wolf as many times as Fox has, people won't be there to hear you when something real happens
The election is over and you've had your fun. Are you done now or should we expect the same copy and paste messages that you are well know for?
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Fox News Is Killing The Republican Party !!!!!!!

LQQK HERE:
http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-is-ki...
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

For viewers with a taste for schadenfreude, Fox News was the only place to be on election night. From Karl Rove’s refusal to believe the network’s own projection that Mitt Romney had lost Ohio, to Bill O’Reilly’s assertion that the “white establishment is now the minority,” to Sarah Palin’s enormous new Joan Collins hairdo, there was a panicked and slightly unhinged quality to the evening's proceedings.

Folks you cant make this shit up!
LMAO
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
The election is over and you've had your fun. Are you done now or should we expect the same copy and paste messages that you are well know for?
Im talking about FOX news........ the right wingnut channel of news.......
I'd like to know where do you go for REAL news?
Mitt Romnuts

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Reverend Irreverent wrote:
<quoted text>
xfactor has been a proponent of the third-party candidates for a long time. So I don't know where you're getting ideas about a 'far right agenda'. There's nothing 'far right' about his ideas; we share perspectives and are awaiting positive results from Obama as much as any Romney voter from this past Tuesday. He's equally criticized both sides for a long period now. That's what third-party neutrality is. It's simply a foreign idea in a nation where few are aware there are more than two options.
Neither side liked being questioned and critiqued. Both attacked third-party supporters. Obama won reelection and now we hope to see his idealistic goals come to fruition. But we're not optimistic that he won't essentially act as another dancing marionette, strings pulled by phantom corporate puppeteers.
Ok

I'm not a mindless drone and neither are any that know that belong to our party.
I didn't hear much if any criticcism of thbird party ...exceot the well deserved Tea Party.
The Democratic Party is the best choice for defeating the parrty of the 1% er
Exploiter...ROMNEY types who sell out America for.$$$$$$.
We ARE the party of the people!!!!

I'm an middle, upper middle class white guy, not gay but I live in the city and I'm not bothered or feel threateded in any way by them.
I am an athiest though...not into religion.
So, my point here is the Democratic party is innclusive.

We are up against massive obtruction but our intent is proper and none are perfect.

If you think I'm a mindless drone let me refer you to a post from earlier today about Fox News that I responded to Mitt vs Mutt on. I will retreive it for you...

If you thnk there's no difference....
I can't fathom anyone thinking this unless you're one of them..the irrational
Mitt Romnuts

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Republican Bummer wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox News - Don't watch it...I skip over it all the time..
I never feel the need to check out the nonsense..
I may have spent one hour on that station in the past 3 years and I'm feeling pretty good.
When Democrates feel the need to check out the other side just keep this in mind:
1) its all misinformation presented sometimes with attractive empty headed bleach blondes to lure you in...but their heads are programmed like a parrots only to recite the republican party pablum.
TURN THE FAUX NEWS OFF -decreases their revenue stream from advertisers
Don't support these scum suckers by increasing their ratings.
They do not deserve our loyalty ..no matter how insane they get..this is their gig...making outrageous statements that make a Democrat say "Wow, How crazy is that?_ that's why some are attracted just to check in on the nonsense but don't do it...no matter how tempting...believe me you will feel better too.
2) this increases their ratings and lines the pockets of not only people like
Sean Hannity, Bill Oreilly and Steve Dufuss but you're also contributing to the famous 1%er Rupert Murdoch...
TURN THEM OFF
You don't need to know the garbage news...
Here's an example.....

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>Im talking about FOX news........ the right wingnut channel of news.......
I'd like to know where do you go for REAL news?
You're not talking about anything. You're just doing the same old shit you always do...copy and past all negative articles that deal with Romney, Republicans, conservatives, religious views, and Fox News. It does not matter to you if the article is bias or whatever. You don't even read what you post. That's a proven fact.

So you want to know where I go for real news? First off, what in the hell is real news as you put it? Get back to me on what real news means to you then I'll be able to answer your question.

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Mitt Romnuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok
I'm not a mindless drone and neither are any that know that belong to our party.
I didn't hear much if any criticcism of thbird party ...exceot the well deserved Tea Party.
I'm an middle, upper middle class white guy, not gay but I live in the city and I'm not bothered or feel threateded in any way by them.
We are up against massive obtruction but our intent is proper and none are perfect.
If you think I'm a mindless drone let me refer you to a post from earlier today about Fox News that I responded to Mitt vs Mutt on. I will retreive it for you...
A mindless drone....that's a great description of you.

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
Fox News Is Killing The Republican Party !!!!!!!
LQQK HERE:
http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-is-ki...
For someone who does not watch Fox News you sure do have a lot to say. Oh wait, you copy and paste so you have all the inside information from your fair and balanced sources and all those blogs written from Joe Blow from Nowhere, USA.

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Mitt Romnuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok
LOL. Why did you post " not gay but I live in the city and I'm not bothered or feel threateded in any way by them." Still having trouble exiting the closet? It's okay...we could care less what your sexual attraction is.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

welcome back Dave Rogers.

You posted with vitriol time and time against Nate Silver and Electoralvote dismissing them as bias while both predicted the election precisely, just as bth did in 2008.

You were vile and insulting toward anyone who posted a link to those sites because the information didn't fit the wrong headed narrative you were pushing.

Now your back bitching because someone is posting information that conflicts with your position?!

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,021 - 40,040 of51,398
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Fire Warning for York County was issued at April 24 at 3:04AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE