Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3018 Feb 28, 2013
MOLDOVA??
Guess Who

Naples, NY

#3019 Feb 28, 2013
Fishin Buddy wrote:
MOLDOVA??
Nabisco ??

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#3021 Feb 28, 2013
Clocker wrote:
Yeah the guy who said he was doing very well netting $55,000 is just the type they want. People who are satisfied just getting by, with low expectations, get a seat at the table of S-L. My engine, tranny =$5,000. Back door $1,000, tires $300. If you want to go on vacation you have to pay somebody so you can go. How about insurance costs? And not just the truck. Life, disability, medical, you need all that to provide security for you and your family.
Under the old Snyder contract I worked under, pre merger, all promos were paid for, so despite pushing out a lot of Publix private label we still averaged around 17%. Now under the new contract guys are lucky to average 15%.
I was in the warehouse not long ago and I heard a DM talking to an IBO like he was a piece of crap, questioning his service and product selections. Business owner?? Are you kidding me? All you're doing is buying a job that is paying less and less as time goes by so the big boys can rake it all in.
100% Right NNJ DM's Play the game to micro manage every I/O in the warehouse taking full advantage of all the newer guys that never ran routes before just digging in there pockets for more bonus money.
I did over 65k this year 11 guys bailed out when we got wind of the newer contacts We were in the Snyders Scam as pawns for there greed...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#3022 Feb 28, 2013
Broke Man wrote:
Guys, Snyders Lance is really pissing me off now! In the last 3 weeks they've sent 2 half pallets of Lance crackers to both of Walmart stores. Of course Walmart doesn't put it on the floor. They expect me to work the product. So, now I'm working this product for 12 percent commish. This is a joke. Anyone else getting this crap also? Does our contract allow this? Why is Snyders Lance sending anything to our stores in the first place?
Dude your working for nothing we told store manager was his responsiblity throw it up
Snyders of bend over

Duluth, GA

#3023 Feb 28, 2013
Broke Man wrote:
Guys, Snyders Lance is really pissing me off now! In the last 3 weeks they've sent 2 half pallets of Lance crackers to both of Walmart stores. Of course Walmart doesn't put it on the floor. They expect me to work the product. So, now I'm working this product for 12 percent commish. This is a joke. Anyone else getting this crap also? Does our contract allow this? Why is Snyders Lance sending anything to our stores in the first place?
And With Snyder lance this surprises u ??? Way to get numbers and screw you out of commish !

Since: Feb 13

Naples, NY

#3025 Mar 2, 2013
You guys get any threats from S-L management over comments posted her? Sad that one can't express one's feelings without being singled out as a malcontent.. bottom line is this....treat us as businessmen.. NOT employees
TerribleTowl

Lumberton, TX

#3026 Mar 2, 2013
Don't listen to those asses. They will threaten all they want, but you know what, you don't work for them! Simple as don't use your real name on here and they can't prove it's you anyways.
partner brands

Montgomery, TX

#3027 Mar 2, 2013
what do you mean newer contract?
Who Me

United States

#3028 Mar 3, 2013
There is something called "freedom of speech" in this country. Let them threaten you and the ACLU will be more than happy to give them a call. They also take cases for free. Maybe we should get in touch with them seeing SL violates our rights as a small American businessmen daily. Not a bad idea.
Tattooed pretzel

Marietta, OH

#3029 Mar 3, 2013
Anyone ever went thru a route split ? Have a closing date have a $ amount. Just don't have an answer as to how much of that $ will be in cash and how much will go towards route.
Worried

Dallas, TX

#3030 Mar 3, 2013
I bought a s.l route by looking at the numbers. I was told you would make an average of 17% I thought it this will work. Holy crap!! what is this going up against previous load? Where is the incentive to grow your route? Also I have a warehouse where I get a transport truck to drop on Tuesday. They want me to keep product over the weekend to sell on monday. That gives me 3 1/2 days of selling(truck tues order). If they would of broke this down to begin with I probably wouldn't of bought it. I ran a bread route and we got an average of 18% off of weekly sales.Why does S.L. do the; going up against previous load????
Tattooed pretzel

Marietta, OH

#3031 Mar 3, 2013
Worried wrote:
I bought a s.l route by looking at the numbers. I was told you would make an average of 17% I thought it this will work. Holy crap!! what is this going up against previous load? Where is the incentive to grow your route? Also I have a warehouse where I get a transport truck to drop on Tuesday. They want me to keep product over the weekend to sell on monday. That gives me 3 1/2 days of selling(truck tues order). If they would of broke this down to begin with I probably wouldn't of bought it. I ran a bread route and we got an average of 18% off of weekly sales.Why does S.L. do the; going up against previous load????
Your on a 7 day term. If you switch to zero term you'll be paying on your current weeks load
Worried

Dallas, TX

#3032 Mar 3, 2013
Do u figure 0 is better than 7? It still doesn't make sense about going up against previous load. Once the invoice is signed off on for the product that should be it. Snyders and I are getting paid. Sell all the product that week and recieve a percentage. It doesn't make sense. Whats the incentive. You could never order more than your slowest week of the month, so you could keep a steady paycheck.
Tattooed pretzel

Marietta, OH

#3033 Mar 3, 2013
Worried wrote:
Do u figure 0 is better than 7? It still doesn't make sense about going up against previous load. Once the invoice is signed off on for the product that should be it. Snyders and I are getting paid. Sell all the product that week and recieve a percentage. It doesn't make sense. Whats the incentive. You could never order more than your slowest week of the month, so you could keep a steady paycheck.
Either way it's still the same. Warehouses make their money so the company gets $ it's our responsibility to sell product to make our $. I agree that's its one-sided and that it would behoove the company to just allow us to carry inventory, but they'll never change because as long as we are paying for product they're still in business. The only positive about the 7 day term is if you really screw an order up you can offset it the following week.
Snyders of bend over

Duluth, GA

#3034 Mar 3, 2013
Tattooed pretzel wrote:
Anyone ever went thru a route split ? Have a closing date have a $ amount. Just don't have an answer as to how much of that $ will be in cash and how much will go towards route.
don't they get 7 percent for splitting the route ? What a joke ...
tattooed pretzel

Marietta, OH

#3035 Mar 3, 2013
Snyders of bend over wrote:
<quoted text> don't they get 7 percent for splitting the route ? What a joke ...
i have no clue, it hasnt been really clear at this point. would like to know though.
Worried

Dallas, TX

#3036 Mar 3, 2013
Bimbo did a percentage on what you sold that week. No previous load bs. A true percentage. Stale allowance. They stressed selling all inventory by the weekend. I still don't understand the previous load. They sell it to you, and you sell it to the stores. SL. invoices the stores and then stores pay. Don't get it.
Tattooed pretzel

Marietta, OH

#3037 Mar 3, 2013
It is confusing I know. I wish we was like p-farm straight % no need to clear a weekly settlement. Etc my god could you imagine what we could do if we didn't have to spend hours upon hours worrying more about clearing a settlement ?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3038 Mar 3, 2013
Worried wrote:
I bought a s.l route by looking at the numbers. I was told you would make an average of 17% I thought it this will work. Holy crap!! what is this going up against previous load? Where is the incentive to grow your route? Also I have a warehouse where I get a transport truck to drop on Tuesday. They want me to keep product over the weekend to sell on monday. That gives me 3 1/2 days of selling(truck tues order). If they would of broke this down to begin with I probably wouldn't of bought it. I ran a bread route and we got an average of 18% off of weekly sales.Why does S.L. do the; going up against previous load????
I agree with tattooed. 0 term is better. I'm on 3 day terms but get my loads no later then Wednesday so I'm billed the same week and I sell everything I order and its all plain and simple. I'm not selling against my last weeks load. It's ur business so run it as u please within your means to make yourself money. Doing it managements way isn't always the best way for u. Hearing rumors that they are trying to figure out a better way with this whole 0-7 day terms thing. Maybe changing the end of our week from Saturday to Tuesday which in the past when I was with another company Tuesday ending the week is prefect in my opinion. So hopefully these rumors come true cause terms suck!!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3039 Mar 3, 2013
Tattooed pretzel wrote:
It is confusing I know. I wish we was like p-farm straight % no need to clear a weekly settlement. Etc my god could you imagine what we could do if we didn't have to spend hours upon hours worrying more about clearing a settlement ?
Amen to this!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Oct 17 Leroy Smedlap 9
Snyder's Lance Oct 17 Long Time Lance Man 5
Police: Theft at Weis Markets in Gettysburg cou... (Apr '14) Oct 14 Summa 30
Question Oct 5 Helpneeded 1
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Oct 3 anonymous 52
Straban Township man charged for Walmart thefts Sep '14 Petal Power 1
bulllys at the work place. Sep '14 Petal Power 3
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover Jobs

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]