All by yourself

Duluth, GA

#2856 Jan 5, 2013
curious wrote:
did anyone have a good experience buying a route from sneyders-lance?
If you buy the right area you can make money despite weak management and snyders overpricing ..
whadda joke

Carlisle, PA

#2857 Jan 5, 2013
Good luck getting product this week - Hanover plant shut down until wednesday because of natural gas issue. Snyders did not prepare so we will all suffer during football playoffs - no warning from Snyders management to their valued IO's - surprise!!!!
GO GETTER

Corpus Christi, TX

#2858 Jan 5, 2013
Hi, Im thinking about purchasing a Snyder-Lance Route. Can anyone give me some tips and advice
GO GETTER

Corpus Christi, TX

#2859 Jan 5, 2013
Im a hard worker and just want a chance! What do you think of owning a Snyder Lance route?
Rick

Marietta, OH

#2860 Jan 6, 2013
Go getter, I bought a route last feb. it's a lot of work but you own a business, so expect to invest time. I'm happy with my decision. There are days I'm not but thus far the positive has out weighed the negative. If you would like to talk more ill give you my email and we can discuss further.
Northeast Snackman

Foxboro, MA

#2861 Jan 6, 2013
Listen people. Everyone thinks when you purchase your life savings to buying a S-L route you OQWN business. Really? Whe was the last time some one came into your home and told you what to do when to do it and how to do things, in YOUR HOME? Last time I heard many of you ARE working Sundays now. If that was YOUR decision than so be it. I've heard most if not all my peers are working more hours for less money. Where else can you take a ecrease in pay working more? I've never heard of that. Ans I am only speaking to the IBO's that are verterans, not the newbies or wannabies trying to get into this "owner operated" business. There are people comfortable and making money. But for the people who are naive to THIS business go back and read the previous posts and if that doesn't keep you from getting into THIS business then buyer beware, you were warned from hundreds. Last time I heard if the store manager wants you in on a certain day you're coming in. The consequences? An easy call to corporate and you route is jeopardized. Ask some NE IBO's. I know a fellow IBO as of Jan 5th S-L TOOK his route from him if he didn't find a buyer before then. He supposedly OWNED his business right? He didn't want to follow the microscoping of S-L and store level and like I said one phone call and look where he is. Goung to lose his BUSINESS, along with a lawsuit owning S-L money. So if you still think you OWN a business keep on thing that. I'm sure all you IBO's out there ordered all the pre shipped products into Walmart, all the forced cookies, and forced product of products that YOU know will not sell in YOUR stores right? And you say you OWN a business? This occupation is not for owner operators. All this is a way for coporate to pass all the costs and expenses to some one else, YOU IBO's. And it works cause look at whats happened around the country. How many non owner operated route sales companies are out there left? And the quarterly numbers hsow it when the suiters pockets gets fatter and fatter. Enough said. Keep on thinking you OWN a business cause I wantto come into your house in which you OWN and tell you how to decorate it lol..........
GO GETTER

Corpus Christi, TX

#2862 Jan 6, 2013
Rick wrote:
Go getter, I bought a route last feb. it's a lot of work but you own a business, so expect to invest time. I'm happy with my decision. There are days I'm not but thus far the positive has out weighed the negative. If you would like to talk more ill give you my email and we can discuss further.
Rick, Yes I would like to talk further about it. Please give me your E mail address so we can talk. Thanks
give us another blow SL

Hanover, PA

#2864 Jan 7, 2013
Did anyone in the maryland area hear anything about losing organics at Giant Of Landover?
I know all about you

York, PA

#2865 Jan 7, 2013
All by yourself wrote:
<quoted text> If you buy the right area you can make money despite weak management and snyders overpricing ..
"If you build it, they will come!", I was talking just yesterday about how STUPID this movie was! "If you want it bad enough, it will happen!" Yeah, keep believin'! That's what counts, not S-L that makes everyone and everything turn against you, and is set to make money off of you and your sweat, instead of their good business management.
GO GETTER

Beeville, TX

#2866 Jan 8, 2013
Can anyone give me some insight on owning a Snyder-Lance route?
I would like to know all the pros and cons. Thank you
SL questions

Union City, IN

#2867 Jan 8, 2013
My husband and I have owned a route for a year now and have done very well making money until recently when our DM told us we have to do orders differently. We haven't had checks in weeks and he threatens that the route will be taken if we do not continue doing it their new way. He is now ordering for us and telling us when and where to go everyday. We are ready to get out of this stress and would be happy working min wage jobs instead of this route! We notified them we wish to sell and have found a buyer. He told us today that we have to get our sales back up first... Our sales are always right around 7000 weekly. Were concerned they will try to make it impossible to sell. I know in contract it has to be approved. Our DM didn't even know the process of selling because he said everyone just walks away. We don't want to get stuck with any fees and after reading contract it seems only fee is 5% of sale price? My question is, what is the selling process? What fees, if any should we expect? Right now our payments are caught up so I can't see owing anything else. Also, what legally happens if we just up and quit? They said credit will be ruined.. Is that true, will u owe also? I don't fully trust what he says and hoping someone here has been through the process and can inform me. Thanks.
scott

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#2868 Jan 9, 2013
do ios have to follow a plan o gram in publix setup by snyders not publix

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2869 Jan 9, 2013
SL questions wrote:
My husband and I have owned a route for a year now and have done very well making money until recently when our DM told us we have to do orders differently. We haven't had checks in weeks and he threatens that the route will be taken if we do not continue doing it their new way. He is now ordering for us and telling us when and where to go everyday. We are ready to get out of this stress and would be happy working min wage jobs instead of this route! We notified them we wish to sell and have found a buyer. He told us today that we have to get our sales back up first... Our sales are always right around 7000 weekly. Were concerned they will try to make it impossible to sell. I know in contract it has to be approved. Our DM didn't even know the process of selling because he said everyone just walks away. We don't want to get stuck with any fees and after reading contract it seems only fee is 5% of sale price? My question is, what is the selling process? What fees, if any should we expect? Right now our payments are caught up so I can't see owing anything else. Also, what legally happens if we just up and quit? They said credit will be ruined.. Is that true, will u owe also? I don't fully trust what he says and hoping someone here has been through the process and can inform me. Thanks.
I'm curious who your DM is. Are you out of Toledo Zone or Cleveland? Feel free to email me.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#2870 Jan 12, 2013
What information or documentation will S-L provide an IBO to prepare Taxes? This will be first time filing as an IBO, any tips or help would be appreciated. Are cash accounts and charge accounts handled differently?
Thanks
Thieves

Woburn, MA

#2871 Jan 12, 2013
scott wrote:
do ios have to follow a plan o gram in publix setup by snyders not publix
No...no...no!!! Don't you DARE follow a single planogram that Snyders tells you to.
cbus

Columbus, OH

#2872 Jan 14, 2013
Snyders sucks, haven't heard from you. What's the latest?
cbus

Columbus, OH

#2873 Jan 14, 2013
Snydersucks, Haven't heard from you, what's the latest?
Barefoot and pregnant

Duluth, GA

#2874 Jan 14, 2013
gakudzu wrote:
What information or documentation will S-L provide an IBO to prepare Taxes? This will be first time filing as an IBO, any tips or help would be appreciated. Are cash accounts and charge accounts handled differently?
Thanks
They will send u a 1099 probably last day of this month , but only what they paid you not the cash you picked up from c stores
SL questions

Union City, IN

#2875 Jan 15, 2013
Just to follow up and give info to others out on these boards, we did take the contract to a lawyer. He told us our only option is to sell otherwise we will owe the remaining balance of the loan as well as ruin my credit. Even giving the 60 day notice that it says in contract will not get you out of the loan. I figured since they resell the route you wouldn't get stuck paying back, guess they want all they can get. Least we know now. We found a buyer and started the process of selling. Also those saying about declaring bankruptcy on the business, we were told with our contract it would not work because the loan is in my personal name. Not sure how everyone else has theirs setup but it would not work in our case. Our lawyer said if we had brought the contract to him prior, he would of advised us not to sign it. Just FYI for those out their in similar situations.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2876 Jan 15, 2013
cbus wrote:
Snydersucks, Haven't heard from you, what's the latest?
cbus.....haven't seen you on here before. Do you have a route out of Columbus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov 22 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov '14 Batman 54
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web