kansas io

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

just found this site. most routes avg. 5-6,000 wk. 3-500 miles per week. lots of small format and sold for 5-7 times weekly sales. have had many people walk off and not many io's are making much.
I kind of like the idea of getting sl io's organized. right now it is every man for himself.
jennifer

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Sell Mortimer Sell wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering what you just went through, I would suggest a more stable path back to normalcy...
If you don't pass BOA, S/L has their own finance company through a former corporate officer. The rates are high. Not many qualify for either lender. Routes stay poorly serviced for long periods around these parts.
Thank you so much for your input:-) we live in SC. And from what we were told the gentlemen route has already been established for 12 years he is friends w my husband and brings in a minimum of 1500 a week does that sound right to you in your experience?
Holy Bat Farts Batman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Judged:

jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for your input:-) we live in SC. And from what we were told the gentlemen route has already been established for 12 years he is friends w my husband and brings in a minimum of 1500 a week does that sound right to you in your experience?
No it doesn't sound right. To bring home 1500 aweek the route has to be running a weekly avg. of 14,000 or more. Some of the bigger routes here now run around that and only in the richer communities/areas. Not many routes in Atlanta are bringing in that type of weekly income. To own a route that big the weekly route note would be over 350, then 35 service fee, promotion sharing of a couple hundred a week and truck payment/lease of 60-100. I know that SL didn't cut in any routes over 10k aweek during the merger here. The routes that are running that much are the best of the best salesmen here and have built the business up very quickly. So I believe you are being told a big fat one by your so called friend. Sorry but the truth is the truth.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Judged:

jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>
If you value your husband's friendship with this person and want to remain friends. I would suggest not purchasing the route.

A lot will change with a new person running the route. Whatever 52-week running gross sales history you're given by S/L will not reflect what they will allow you to make after you drink the kool-aid and buy into the I/O dream.

S/L does not understand the I/O model and does not care to learn how it works. Run from getting into business with S/L, you'll be miserable.
Jimmy Jo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>
Before expenses and taxes,yes.
Northeast Snackman

Sharon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Mass IO. Why are you so politically correct all of the sudden? I will state the truth on what happened. A incompetant alcoholic blackballed an IO here because he could. The IO generated .5 million/year and split many times, WELL liked from peers and at store level. The IO would have generated that amount or more for another 20+ years, but S-L lets a incompetant alcoholic sup blackball this IO. I did not get a great route either, but to see one of the 'good guys' and a great peer of mine get blackballed is wrong. He left with his head held high, with no incidents, and at store level the mgmt are asking what happened constantly to the new IO servicing the stores. The new IO was dumbfounded cause he didn't request that area but was given a monster route. Nice BUSIness move S-L. An incompetant alcoholic sup who's gonna retire in like 2-3 years over an IO who was gonna generate 500 thousand+ sales/year. Hmmm. We'll see when golf season comes if his IO's can reach him for any questions or help with service. I will leave his name out, but EVERYONE from Mass knows who I'm talking bout. It's bullshit and we all know it. I don't care if this exposes Mass IO. He has been nothing but a great IO to Snyders beforethis merger. If Mass IO looked into legal he could request from many of his store level mgmt to back him on the sups alcoholic breath in the past. S-L is a shady company and IO's across the country are finding this out as time goes by..........
Nottobeasnydersi nvestor

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

So Mass IO didn't get offered a route?
Little Joey

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Hey guys, are you good dealing with grocery managers? I'm always worried about asking managers for displays because I'm not the outgoing yack it up with people type. If you were a manager and I was like

Hey (managers name), how's it going? I was wondering if I could have some space for this lance cracker display. We're teaming up with the Madagascar 3 movie and it you put this display up, you get 4 free movie tickets for the store. Do you have any room for it?

Does thatsound good? As a store manager, do you just want me to get to the point or do they think expect you to yack it up and pretend we're friends?

I hate the sales part of this job, but that's mainly because of my personality. Am I overthinking this?
North-La-Rep

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Little Joey wrote:
Hey guys, are you good dealing with grocery managers? I'm always worried about asking managers for displays because I'm not the outgoing yack it up with people type. If you were a manager and I was like
Hey (managers name), how's it going? I was wondering if I could have some space for this lance cracker display. We're teaming up with the Madagascar 3 movie and it you put this display up, you get 4 free movie tickets for the store. Do you have any room for it?
Does thatsound good? As a store manager, do you just want me to get to the point or do they think expect you to yack it up and pretend we're friends?
I hate the sales part of this job, but that's mainly because of my personality. Am I overthinking this?
Little Joey....... Are you joking??? No, don't tell me..... your really management trying to change the subject. Come on.... you can do better than that.LOL
Yaz in Florida

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

How long have you been doing this little Joey?

If you are not as outgoing and don't possess the salesmanship you'd like, being responsible, dependable, respectable and cortaoeus will inevitably pay dividends.

This will be achieved over a longer term but it's your job to dictate your relationship with these managers. They will know that you are not coming to talk nonsense and waste their time and they will appreciate it.

I have always made it very clear within my accounts that I will not approach them with unreasonable deals, only with the best items and promos that are guaranteed to have success. Once you establish that any secondary displays or proposals for lesser items will be received more positively.

Eventually you will achieve an almost flawless success rate when asking for displays.

Good luck!
Looney

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Little Joey wrote:
I understand why they call you "little Joey ". Must be a dm
Northeast Snackman

Sharon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Northeast Snackman wrote:
Mass IO. Why are you so politically correct all of the sudden? I will state the truth on what happened. A incompetant alcoholic blackballed an IO here because he could. The IO generated .5 million/year and split many times, WELL liked from peers and at store level. The IO would have generated that amount or more for another 20+ years, but S-L lets a incompetant alcoholic sup blackball this IO. I did not get a great route either, but to see one of the 'good guys' and a great peer of mine get blackballed is wrong. He left with his head held high, with no incidents, and at store level the mgmt are asking what happened constantly to the new IO servicing the stores. The new IO was dumbfounded cause he didn't request that area but was given a monster route. Nice BUSIness move S-L. An incompetant alcoholic sup who's gonna retire in like 2-3 years over an IO who was gonna generate 500 thousand+ sales/year. Hmmm. We'll see when golf season comes if his IO's can reach him for any questions or help with service. I will leave his name out, but EVERYONE from Mass knows who I'm talking bout. It's bullshit and we all know it. I don't care if this exposes Mass IO. He has been nothing but a great IO to Snyders beforethis merger. If Mass IO looked into legal he could request from many of his store level mgmt to back him on the sups alcoholic breath in the past. S-L is a shady company and IO's across the country are finding this out as time goes by..........
On vacation and received several calls from former coworkers to read the most recent posts. WTF NE Snackman? Though what you say is all TRUE I accepted that the socalled 'incompetant alcoholic' blackballed me.
Here's some more FACTS: IO's that received routes after the merger-person right out of drug rehab, literally non-speaking english IO, and the clincher is an IO who was making 25% at one time from Snyders got the same route he had before the merger. I wonder who was his friend and didn't turn him in? The real sad part is the sup's superior and upper mgmt knew of all this from discussions and nothing was done about it. So, what is an IO suppose to do when blackballed by the same sup who gave all the other IO's routes? It is what it is people. Legal was an option, but I will wait till the bigger picture arrives.
I don't care for a company with shady philosophies and practices. First quarter numbers are coming out soon and with your decrease in commission shareholders will be happy with their stock numbers!!
Mass IO

Sharon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Lmao NE Snackman. Next time you want to vent using me as a subject don't leave your pass words around roomie!!!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

If you didn't hear S/L ended their contract with their national LLC agent and insurance agent for I/O's. This was a former S/L exec. His company did all our business paperwork via S/L recommendation.

Also, here are proposed future financing requirements for future I/O's needing finance assistance through S/L.

Requirements are as follows:

600+ FICO credit score (700+ Vantage score)
No derogatory credit marks within 6 months
No judgments or collections in unpaid status
Absolutely No Bankruptcies
At least 1 established credit line with $3,000+ limit

You must maintain a clean profile through the program. This includes avoiding mortgage changes and additional car loans during the program.

Unknown if they will implement any of it and when, but good to know as they want I/O's with more "skin in the game". Means an I/O will have more to lose if you walk away mad or they force you out. They'll destroy your credit, as a "defunct" business will be reported to the agencies.

Nice...
vero

Winder, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Keith Ulrich wrote:
I was just curious. Is The Snyder's of Hanover Pretzel Company doing ok? Has there been any layoffs, or employee wage or hours cut?
If there is any way you could find out and let me know, I would deeply appreciate it.
Thank you.
not so great in ga the peple that run it are very bad at there job and dont care about the people that run the routs on the outside i worked for them and they sold my rout and left me out to fend for myself without a job
vero

Winder, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

not so great in ga the peple that run it are very bad at there job and dont care about the people that run the routs on the outside i worked for them and they sold my rout and left me out to fend for myself without a job
Chip Guy

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

I hear lots of complaining but no solutions! Is someone going to grab the bull by the horns and do something about this? This has become a bitch session with no solutions! I feel that someone who may have been let go, fairly or unfairly, should start the ball rolling and other I. O's will be on board.
EquityTHIEF

Adairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

I just wonder if there's any lance guys out there that have anything good to say at all... Can these routes make money or not?
Jimmy Jo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

EquityTHIEF wrote:
I just wonder if there's any lance guys out there that have anything good to say at all... Can these routes make money or not?
I was with lance for seven years before buying my route jan, there are days I love it and days I hate it. After everything is paid for I usually make 100-200 more a week. Yes the contract is one sided and yes they still try to tell you how and when to service accounts but it's better than the micromanagement that we had at lance.
Old School Lance Man

Bailey, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Chip Guy wrote:
I hear lots of complaining but no solutions! Is someone going to grab the bull by the horns and do something about this? This has become a bitch session with no solutions! I feel that someone who may have been let go, fairly or unfairly, should start the ball rolling and other I. O's will be on board.
My solution..........

I retired in Jan..........

Good luck everyone......

I hear IOs are dropping like flies..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,101 - 2,120 of5,083
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 28 min Paul Rand 51,254
Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) 16 hr Davenport 21
Public hearing set for 'Big Pipe' proposal Thu Davenport 8
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Wed nonyabusiness 51
York County sheriffs nab 19 in recent warrant s... Apr 13 lady 4
Police: Maryland man admits to Gettysburg Book ... Mar 29 Pink eye 22
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Mar 24 Stacy Krieger 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search