Speed Limit: West Manheim mulls school zone hike, "S" curve dec...

Full story: Evening Sun
West Manheim supervisors are considering raising a speed limit in one area of the township and lowering it in another. Full Story
My Thoughts

Chambersburg, PA

#1 Apr 7, 2008
Why would the township need to lower the speed limit on a small section of Fuhrman Mill Road? There are curves in most rural roads, as is on other sections of that same road. Shouldn't a driver use good judgement and reduce his speed when necessary? Just because a speed limit is posted, it doesn't mean that you have to drive that speed! The signs say "speed limit", not "speed minimum". As for the decision to raise the speed limit on Baltimore Pike, I think that is a great idea. That road is too heavily traveled to expect traffic to suddenly drop the speed to 15 mph. My experience has been that cars are stopped by traffic controllers when necessary anyway.
Wow

Dundalk, MD

#2 Apr 8, 2008
Thank God for coming to their senses about the school. Usually I think the Wet Man cops do a great job, but them sitting out there trying to intimidate everyone does no one any good.
J daddy

New York, NY

#3 Sep 2, 2012
I think u would change your opinion if your child had a bus stop on Baltimore pike ! A child's safety is more important than any job u desire ,leave your home a little earlier ! How easily we forget what it is like to be a child waiting for the school bus. Safety is the concern not how fast u can make it there just making it there at all !!!
Gerrr

Hanover, PA

#4 Sep 22, 2012
J daddy wrote:
I think u would change your opinion if your child had a bus stop on Baltimore pike ! A child's safety is more important than any job u desire ,leave your home a little earlier ! How easily we forget what it is like to be a child waiting for the school bus. Safety is the concern not how fast u can make it there just making it there at all !!!
Yes lets make everyone's else life harder because you're to lazy to be a parent and be there with your child at the bus stop. People have forgotten what it means to be a parent if you can't raise them don't have them.
JMP

Newville, PA

#5 Sep 25, 2012
I like that,Leave a little early....I travel all over Pa.evryday,I tried the leave early thingand you know everyday I leave earlt I find someone in front of me that is in no hurry and I get there the same time.People should look in their rear view mirror once an awhile.an think the person behind them maybe trying to make a living,and move over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Nov 26 bbqbob2001 5,540
power outage littlestown pa Nov 22 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov 12 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov 3 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov 3 Just a thought 11
Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov 1 Batman 54
snyders/lance independent business owners news Oct '14 Krave MaMeat 1
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover People Search