Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students

Full story: Evening Sun 29
Every week Ann Marie Leister goes to the Hanover Wound Care Center for treatment of her open wounds. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tim Rawls

San Francisco, CA

#21 Mar 25, 2010
I was sent to paradise school for a year back in 94. Shit has changed alot. When I was there, the staff was tough, but fair. There were no assholes. They would basketball with us and hang out with us when we were being good. When you you fight or flip out, you'd get restrained, but no one ever got beat up or abused. And not all the kids were deliquent. A few were foster kids without a home, or were kids dealing with social problems and needed extra help. You people need to stop judging the kids so hard. It seems like these days it's mostly problems with the staff. But I have to admit, I sort of enjoyed my time there in retrospect.
Christian

Phoenix, AZ

#22 Apr 14, 2010
Yeah Nester you say your life is hard and you grew up in the hood and everyone else is wrong well thats called denial. You think just because other people have money and are wealthy they are bad and they dont know whats going on that is definetly wrong. You do know that 42% of people who are wealthy today werent born into wealth(meaning there parents didnt just give them a giant trust fund or pass away and give them there money) they actually worked for it like a normall human beings. They didnt complain there whole life and start fights with staff. Seriously im 15 years old and I agree adults are not bad and are trying to lead us through life succesfully not try to hurt us and blame us for all the problems in the United states.

P.S.: Cursing shows a lack of intelligence and if you want to be succesfull in life dont curse or us slang words.
Nestor AKA TJ

Clark, NJ

#23 Apr 14, 2010
These people are too funny!! Go exsperience it and den come to me!! All I gotta say...my phone alerted me for this bullshyt people don't knw what there sayin
dallas

York, PA

#24 Feb 16, 2011
dude i went there in 09 for 7 months n believe me i seen alot of shit go down but hoenstly it is staff alot more then the kids cause we used to get yelled at for the dumbest reasons and OBSERVER fuck you u cant say that in your childhood u never did anything wrong cause thats some bullshit stop saying shit about todays youth n when u said u have been there go try living there for 7 months like i did then u can talk
micheal copp

York, PA

#25 Jan 16, 2013
i was there for 15 months in 1978 when nuns where there i learnerd a great deal.Never forget.Mike land which is now i assume the dirctor was a staff member you were chaarge 25 cents for every swear word.They took us places and was great i was there becasue i broke the law.Went to prision afterwards didnt learn a thing now at the age of 48 i retired from the life of crime.
ex-parardise resident

United States

#26 Mar 3, 2013
PSB sucked that was the dumbest placement I've ever went to.
BrandonS

Camp Hill, PA

#27 Nov 15, 2013
I was sent to PSB between 2000 and 2001 for a theft I had commited. Now I can place the blame on a lot of issues out of my control but the bottom line is that I was a out of control young man. When I arrived at PSB my behavior continued and this is why I spent 17 months at the school, but the staff never gave up on me. I remember Mike B as my team leader and Lew and Ms. Beverly during the daytime, they always went the extra mike for me. I also had a great counselor Joe P that helped me work through my issues. Yes was there some staff that seemed to be there just to collect a paycheck and yes there where other issues but this is normal anywhere. For the most part it was a safe, caring environment to be in. I was taught the lessons that developed me into the man I am today. Upon my release I fell back into my old behaviors and was sent to a juvenile "warehouse" where I sat until being released at 18 the only positive outcome of this incarceration was plenty of time to pull my head out of my ass. Now what I have accomplished using the lessons taught to me at PSB were 6 successful hard charging years spent in the Army, 3 tours of duty, the accomplishment of first my associates degree than my bachelors degree and finally a wonderful career as a EH&S manager for a Fortune 500 hundred company here in Georgia. I am home owner, and a taxpaying citizen who stays on the right side of the law. Not a day goes by that I don't look back on the lessons learned at PSB. Myself and many other boys had their lives turned around by the wonderful program they had to offer. Although not everyone succeeded in life enough if us have that it shows that something very special happened at that school. Not every child that went through PSB was determined to fail. Paradise gave one thing to everybody that passed through its doors, a second chance at life. I am saddened to learn they have finally closed the fledgling residential program but I trust they will still help change lives around through the outpatient program. I thank Paradise and all those staff who cared for helping change youths lives around.
Stephen B

York, PA

#28 Mar 19, 2014
[QU OTE who=
I also was and resident here in 03 to 04 and I must say I seenthis coming. Myself being a problem child I was, started a riot while I was there. Don't get me wrong I'm not proud of it but at this time the staff were able to keep it under control. Since I have been there i'm a very successful entrepreneur Right here in York County.
alan decker

Greencastle, PA

#29 Jul 10, 2014
i went to this place in 2006, i hated it alot but the staff were pretty cool. ira and bill were my favorites. its funny cuz me and another resident broke out of the place we escaped out the bathroom in the middle of the night and they never caught us. i wasnt a bad kid in there at all just had abusive step dad and didnt want to go home. now i been to college in los angeles and have alot going for me and i love how my life turned out. its always a good time telling the story to friends of how we escaped with out a trace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Sun SnackTime 5,539
power outage littlestown pa Nov 22 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov 12 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov 3 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov 3 Just a thought 11
Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov 1 Batman 54
snyders/lance independent business owners news Oct 28 Krave MaMeat 1

Winter Storm Warning for York County was issued at November 26 at 1:58PM EST

Hanover Dating
Find my Match