Police detail fatal crash

Full story: Evening Sun

Conewago Township Police have released the findings of an investigation into a three-vehicle crash in Brushtown that resulted in the death of a Gettysburg man.
Comments
1 - 20 of 51 Comments Last updated May 25, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Anonymous

Towson, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

OK, this isn't details, what caused him to cross into the opposing lane? My sympathy goes out to the families.
Misinformation

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Just an FYI...the FD removed the roof from the car, it was not sheered off during the accident as the article and other articles have hinted.
Truth

Ephrata, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

So what CAUSED him to veer into the other lane? Apparent family members were on a previous post stating he was texting, then that he "fell asleep". Which was it, if either?
Strictly An Opinion

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Anonymous wrote:
OK, this isn't details, what caused him to cross into the opposing lane? My sympathy goes out to the families.
The only person who knows the answer to this question died as a result of the accident. Seriously, no one needs to know more than what was written in the article.
Truth

Ephrata, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Others know.... was he "tired" when he left the house, was he driving for 10 hours, was he awake for 38 hours straight, or did a couple family members or friends receive text messages around 5:45-5:50pm? Seconds before the crash? People on the scene said there were PILLS all over the seat/floor?
If you were the driver of the truck or motorcycle wouldn't you want to know why?
saddened

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

The fact of the matter is that this young man is now DEAD nomatter what the cause and thankfully noone else was killed...it may be for the other drivers involved and their families to know but NOT for all of the readers. Just pray for ALL families involved as this has got to be a terrible tragic time for them
ManheimVoter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Truth wrote:
Others know.... was he "tired" when he left the house, was he driving for 10 hours, was he awake for 38 hours straight, or did a couple family members or friends receive text messages around 5:45-5:50pm? Seconds before the crash? People on the scene said there were PILLS all over the seat/floor?
If you were the driver of the truck or motorcycle wouldn't you want to know why?
I would want to know. But before jumping to conclusions, toxicology tests should be run and cell phone records pulled. With more and more "text and cell phone" related accidents occuring, I think it should be standard operating procedure, to pull records after an accident. I would hope this would bring more awareness of how dangerous it is.....Not only to the driver, but to the others on the road as well. Of course, the sad thing is, that it still will not stop these careless folks that do this on a daily basis. Bottom line, the roads are VERY unsafe place, filled with irresponsible people. Please everyone, be careful. Regardless of the reason behind the accident, my prayers to the family for their loss.
Former Friend

Newville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

RIP Nate. My prayers go out to your family, n the families of anyone else involved - PH 2003
sad

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

saddened wrote:
The fact of the matter is that this young man is now DEAD nomatter what the cause and thankfully noone else was killed...it may be for the other drivers involved and their families to know but NOT for all of the readers. Just pray for ALL families involved as this has got to be a terrible tragic time for them
It is horrible that this man lost his life. But thank goodness he didn't take anyone with him. C'mon people wake the hell up and keep your eyes on the road and be aware. And yes it is important to know why he crossed the center line, whether it was a medical or texting reason. I had a friend who had just passed through that area before it happened! This is how statistics are made!

If someone crosses in to the lane of any of my loved ones and kills them. They better hope they die also, because I will see to it that they no longer will be amongst the breathing...I don't care if it isn't illegal to text or for that matter punching in a phone number, either way you take your eyes off the road to do it!

Since: Sep 08

Carlisle PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Sounds like a suicide.
Truth

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

HyperU2 wrote:
Sounds like a suicide.
A suicide possible.... but for the publics sake... whether it was drunk driving or pills or falling asleep.... we should be made aware of what is going on in our home. As to take precautions or WHATEVER
Say No To Baby Factories

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

Judged:

saddened wrote:
Sure lets talk to some imaginary sky fairy and all will be better. It would be better to spend your time educating others about the dangers of driving while impaired or using a phone, or eating, or aything else that takes your eyes off the road for even a second.

I do not know what caused the accident but I can guarantee it was not your "god". Something happened and now this guy is dead, use this as a tool to prevent it from happening again.
bill is a putz

Sykesville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

Judged:

Say No To Baby Factories wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure lets talk to some imaginary sky fairy and all will be better. It would be better to spend your time educating others about the dangers of driving while impaired or using a phone, or eating, or aything else that takes your eyes off the road for even a second.
I do not know what caused the accident but I can guarantee it was not your "god". Something happened and now this guy is dead, use this as a tool to prevent it from happening again.
You're a real class act. Do you see anything about GOD anywhere in the post? People like you make me sick. Instead of talking about the " imaginary sky fairy" let's talk about dumbass people like yourself. It will be a short conversation. Nothing interesting there.
bill is a putz

Sykesville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

Judged:

sad wrote:
<quoted text>
It is horrible that this man lost his life. But thank goodness he didn't take anyone with him. C'mon people wake the hell up and keep your eyes on the road and be aware. And yes it is important to know why he crossed the center line, whether it was a medical or texting reason. I had a friend who had just passed through that area before it happened! This is how statistics are made!
If someone crosses in to the lane of any of my loved ones and kills them. They better hope they die also, because I will see to it that they no longer will be amongst the breathing...I don't care if it isn't illegal to text or for that matter punching in a phone number, either way you take your eyes off the road to do it!
You start to make an interesting point but then end with threatening to kill someone. Face it, you don't have the stones to kill someone. Never did and never will. This is supposed to be a somewhat civilized society. We don't murder in revenge.

You also don't want to be in the same class as the idiot two posts above. It would post something ridiculous like that.
Say No To Baby Factories

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

Judged:

bill is a putz wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a real class act. Do you see anything about GOD anywhere in the post? People like you make me sick. Instead of talking about the " imaginary sky fairy" let's talk about dumbass people like yourself. It will be a short conversation. Nothing interesting there.
How about asking people to pray there numb nuts!! Do you have to follw me everywhere and make yourself look even dumber with each post? If you keep it up, soon you will be too stupid to breathe.(I hope)
Say No To Baby Factories

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

Judged:

bill is a putz wrote:
<quoted text>
You start to make an interesting point but then end with threatening to kill someone. Face it, you don't have the stones to kill someone. Never did and never will. This is supposed to be a somewhat civilized society. We don't murder in revenge.
You also don't want to be in the same class as the idiot two posts above. It would post something ridiculous like that.
I got a rise out of you, the intended response. You are my little puppet on a string.
bill is a putz

Sykesville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
I got a rise out of you, the intended response. You are my little puppet on a string.
I'll find out who you really are too, hero.
bill is a putz

Sykesville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
How about asking people to pray there numb nuts!! Do you have to follw me everywhere and make yourself look even dumber with each post? If you keep it up, soon you will be too stupid to breathe.(I hope)
That little ache you feel in your abdomen is a growing cancer. You won't be around much longer. Remember the things you've said and written. When you take your last breath the real suffering will begin. It was your choice.
Say No To Baby Factories

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2011

Judged:

bill is a putz wrote:
<quoted text>
That little ache you feel in your abdomen is a growing cancer. You won't be around much longer. Remember the things you've said and written. When you take your last breath the real suffering will begin. It was your choice.
The best part of dying is that I will no longer have to put up with retards like you.

Good luck finding me on my wireless that I do not pay for.
bill is a putz

Sykesville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
The best part of dying is that I will no longer have to put up with retards like you.
Good luck finding me on my wireless that I do not pay for.
No problem tough guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Kernel Sanders 51,192
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 3 hr Sam 3,817
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... 18 hr Fitus T Bluster 2
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Thu Sl of bendover 5,389
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
•••
•••
•••
Hanover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••