Comments
3,221 - 3,240 of 3,824 Comments Last updated 18 hrs ago
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3486
Dec 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text> get real idiot. Obama is a public servant for all of us and tax payers pay all his expenses.
This President pays for lodging, travel, and other personal expenses for family vacations just like they all have since that became the law. The government pays for security the same as it always has under every President. To act like there's something unusual going on here just shows how blindly partisan and stunningly ignorant of history you are.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3487
Dec 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
This President pays for lodging, travel, and other personal expenses for family vacations just like they all have since that became the law. The government pays for security the same as it always has under every President. To act like there's something unusual going on here just shows how blindly partisan and stunningly ignorant of history you are.
//////////

Obama has been on a depraved personal spending spree throughout the presidency, but never a critical word is uttered by his big media propaganda arm.

The worse the economy has gotten, the more obscene Obama and Michelle's spending has gotten.

Where is the outcry?

I, for one, as an overtaxed American, am sick of it.

It kicked off as early as his inauguration.

Obama spent an obscene 150 million dollars on his inauguration.

The media rejoiced in his decadence.

Bush, OTOH, was raked over the coals for spending a fraction of what Obama spent on his inauguration.

And Obama did it fresh off the economic crisis that shook the nation and catapulted him to the presidency.

Where was the outrage?

That was just the kickoff to a four-year spending spree never seen before in the presidential annals of America.

$100 kobe steaks, 20 million vacation home rental on Martha's Vineyard,$100,000 dinner dates with Michelle, and her obscene wardrobe expenses (and how the media went after Sarah Palin for her rather pedestrian campaign wardrobe), and Michelle's $10m in public money on her vacations:

expensive massages,

top-shelf vodka and five-star hotels,

not to mention Michelle jetting off to Hawaii with the kids for a 17-day vacation before the President can leave.

And then there are his hundreds of golf games....

Sick.

Taxpayers footed the million-dollar bill for Obama's 13 year-old daughter, Malia, along with 12 of her BFFs to party on spring break in Mexico.

Media silence at a time when Americans are struggling under Obama's 15-trillion-dollar deficit.

..........

To act like there's something unusual going on here just shows how blindly partisan and stunningly ignorant of history you are.
taxpayer tired of it

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3488
Dec 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
This President pays for lodging, travel, and other personal expenses for family vacations just like they all have since that became the law. The government pays for security the same as it always has under every President. To act like there's something unusual going on here just shows how blindly partisan and stunningly ignorant of history you are.
Man are you naive or just plain stupid?
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3489
Dec 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

taxpayer tired of it wrote:
<quoted text>Man are you naive or just plain stupid?
Yes, yes you are.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3490
Dec 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Congressional Research Service sums up the current travel policy this way:

"For security and other reasons, the President, Vice President, and First Lady use military aircraft when they travel. The White House generally categorizes the trips as fulfilling either official or political functions. Often, a trip involves both official and political, or unofficial, activities.

When a trip is for an official function, the government pays all costs, including per diem (food and lodging), car rentals, and other incidental expenses.

When a trip is for political or unofficial purposes, those involved must pay for their own food and lodging and other related expenses, and they must also reimburse the government with the equivalent of the airfare that they would have paid had they used a commercial airline.

When a trip involves both official and political activities, a formula determines the amount to be reimbursed for that part of the trip involving political activities. Whether a trip is for official or political purposes, the Air Force pays all operational and other costs incurred by the use of the aircraft."

Presidents pay for their personal expenses for vacation from their own money. This is nothing new,

The only question is - why are so many wingnuts so shockingly ignorant of these basic facts?
The Brazen Head

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3491
Dec 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan the Man wrote:
The Congressional Research Service sums up the current travel policy this way:
"For security and other reasons, the President, Vice President, and First Lady use military aircraft when they travel. The White House generally categorizes the trips as fulfilling either official or political functions. Often, a trip involves both official and political, or unofficial, activities.
When a trip is for an official function, the government pays all costs, including per diem (food and lodging), car rentals, and other incidental expenses.
When a trip is for political or unofficial purposes, those involved must pay for their own food and lodging and other related expenses, and they must also reimburse the government with the equivalent of the airfare that they would have paid had they used a commercial airline.
When a trip involves both official and political activities, a formula determines the amount to be reimbursed for that part of the trip involving political activities. Whether a trip is for official or political purposes, the Air Force pays all operational and other costs incurred by the use of the aircraft."
Presidents pay for their personal expenses for vacation from their own money. This is nothing new,
The only question is - why are so many wingnuts so shockingly ignorant of these basic facts?
something tells me you get more then a thrill up your leg from Obama. Here it is Saturday night and all you are doing is talking about Obama. Let me guess, you are single and don't even have a girlfriend and you still live at home? I think that is a pretty good assesment and probably correct.

Sad to be alone on a Saturday night and all you have is post after post about Obama, a man that doesn't care one bit about you. Such a lonely man you must be. Such a lonely life you must lead. I almost feel sorry for you, but I don't.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3492
Dec 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Brazen Head wrote:
<quoted text>something tells me you get more then a thrill up your leg from Obama. Here it is Saturday night and all you are doing is talking about Obama. Let me guess, you are single and don't even have a girlfriend and you still live at home? I think that is a pretty good assesment and probably correct.
Sad to be alone on a Saturday night and all you have is post after post about Obama, a man that doesn't care one bit about you. Such a lonely man you must be. Such a lonely life you must lead. I almost feel sorry for you, but I don't.
Funny thing about us Saturday evening posters - you're one too, aren't you genius. LOL!
The Brazen Head

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3493
Dec 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing about us Saturday evening posters - you're one too, aren't you genius. LOL!
I have only been here for about an hour. Judging by the posts from today you have been here ALL day.Now much of a social life or friends.

So no I am not a Saturday evening poster like you. I am actually on my way out. So I guess you won't have anyone to keep you company.
Real problem

Morgantown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3494
Dec 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
Obama has been on a depraved personal spending spree throughout the presidency, but never a critical word is uttered by his big media propaganda arm.
The worse the economy has gotten, the more obscene Obama and Michelle's spending has gotten.
Where is the outcry?
I, for one, as an overtaxed American, am sick of it.
It kicked off as early as his inauguration.
Obama spent an obscene 150 million dollars on his inauguration.
The media rejoiced in his decadence.
Bush, OTOH, was raked over the coals for spending a fraction of what Obama spent on his inauguration.
And Obama did it fresh off the economic crisis that shook the nation and catapulted him to the presidency.
Where was the outrage?
That was just the kickoff to a four-year spending spree never seen before in the presidential annals of America.
$100 kobe steaks, 20 million vacation home rental on Martha's Vineyard,$100,000 dinner dates with Michelle, and her obscene wardrobe expenses (and how the media went after Sarah Palin for her rather pedestrian campaign wardrobe), and Michelle's $10m in public money on her vacations:
expensive massages,
top-shelf vodka and five-star hotels,
not to mention Michelle jetting off to Hawaii with the kids for a 17-day vacation before the President can leave.
And then there are his hundreds of golf games....
Sick.
Taxpayers footed the million-dollar bill for Obama's 13 year-old daughter, Malia, along with 12 of her BFFs to party on spring break in Mexico.
Media silence at a time when Americans are struggling under Obama's 15-trillion-dollar deficit.
..........
To act like there's something unusual going on here just shows how blindly partisan and stunningly ignorant of history you are.
How much taxes do you pay? You poor overtaxed American. Is it a large sum because you're wealthy, or too much for someone of your income level to afford? Let me know who I'm talking to. Golf games I'd bet are paid for. Must be damn nice to be a tax abusing jerk of a president, and get free golf to boot. Man do I wish I could vacation in Hawaii or Mexico. Top shelf vodka oh my. And how nice would it be to afford 12 BFFs. Oh the lavish, and how they live. You would be more able to have 12 friends if you weren't always on topix.
Rob Johnston

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3495
Dec 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I know that PA is still swooning our the magic that is The Obama. But, please be responsible enough to tell you children that runnning out of town and slamming your co workers and blaming all of your own short coming on others is not a really great career move unless you are The Obama.

Your kids Boss may not be as ignorant or willing to settle for pathetic outcomes as the Voters in the City of Brotherly Love proved to be on Nov 6th.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3496
Dec 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rob Johnston wrote:
I know that PA is still swooning our the magic that is The Obama. But, please be responsible enough to tell you children that runnning out of town and slamming your co workers and blaming all of your own short coming on others is not a really great career move unless you are The Obama.
Your kids Boss may not be as ignorant or willing to settle for pathetic outcomes as the Voters in the City of Brotherly Love proved to be on Nov 6th.
It's called "the bully pulpit." It's what all Presidents do. Stop acting like Obama is doing something unusual or wrong.
Rob Johnstion

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3497
Dec 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called "the bully pulpit." It's what all Presidents do. Stop acting like Obama is doing something unusual or wrong.
Getting a mob of your followers all juiced up about robbing their neighbors of their hard earned money is campaigning...it's certainly isn't Governing??????? Is that the Bully Pulpit? Maybe in Cuba or Venezuela.

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3498
Dec 2, 2012
 
Dan the Man wrote:
The Congressional Research Service sums up the current travel policy this way:
"For security and other reasons, the President, Vice President, and First Lady use military aircraft when they travel. The White House generally categorizes the trips as fulfilling either official or political functions. Often, a trip involves both official and political, or unofficial, activities.
When a trip is for an official function, the government pays all costs, including per diem (food and lodging), car rentals, and other incidental expenses.
When a trip is for political or unofficial purposes, those involved must pay for their own food and lodging and other related expenses, and they must also reimburse the government with the equivalent of the airfare that they would have paid had they used a commercial airline.
When a trip involves both official and political activities, a formula determines the amount to be reimbursed for that part of the trip involving political activities. Whether a trip is for official or political purposes, the Air Force pays all operational and other costs incurred by the use of the aircraft."
Presidents pay for their personal expenses for vacation from their own money. This is nothing new,
The only question is - why are so many wingnuts so shockingly ignorant of these basic facts?
The point is Obama should not be taking all these vacations and golf outings when our country is in dire straits. Obama should be setting an example when he tells all us peons to tighten our belts.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3499
Dec 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Rob Johnstion wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting a mob of your followers all juiced up about robbing their neighbors of their hard earned money is campaigning...it's certainly isn't Governing??????? Is that the Bully Pulpit? Maybe in Cuba or Venezuela.
That WOULD be terrible!

If that's what he was doing.

But it's not.

You really need to calm down a little and at least TRY to be rational about the President. He's a pragmatic moderate who is governing from a center left position. Advocating for increased revenue and stimulus spending during an economic downturn is a proven and solidly mainstream proposal.

Hell, ALL his policy proposals are solidly mainstream and have the public's support. He's just doing what we elected him to do.

Your hysterical over-reaction to normal Presidential tasks is so far over-the-top as to be completely detached from reality. Seriously - try to get a grip.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3500
Dec 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text> The point is Obama should not be taking all these vacations and golf outings when our country is in dire straits. Obama should be setting an example when he tells all us peons to tighten our belts.
Obama has taken less vacation than his predecessor during and after 9/11 and the war on terror. Why didn't your shriek then?
Rob Johnston

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3501
Dec 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
That WOULD be terrible!
If that's what he was doing.
But it's not.
You really need to calm down a little and at least TRY to be rational about the President. He's a pragmatic moderate who is governing from a center left position. Advocating for increased revenue and stimulus spending during an economic downturn is a proven and solidly mainstream proposal.
Hell, ALL his policy proposals are solidly mainstream and have the public's support. He's just doing what we elected him to do.
Your hysterical over-reaction to normal Presidential tasks is so far over-the-top as to be completely detached from reality. Seriously - try to get a grip.
The Election proved that America has gone Left and must decrease our expectations accordingly. I voted for Obama the first time and wish he would have earned my trust and respect. Very sad. Only Comrade Pelosi knows what the future holds now. We are all at her mercy.

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3502
Dec 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has taken less vacation than his predecessor during and after 9/11 and the war on terror. Why didn't your shriek then?
Once again for those with lw IQ's...The point is Obama should not be taking all these vacations and golf outings when our country is in dire straits. Obama should be setting an example when he tells all us peons to tighten our belts.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3503
Dec 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rob Johnston wrote:
<quoted text>
The Election proved that America has gone Left and must decrease our expectations accordingly. I voted for Obama the first time and wish he would have earned my trust and respect. Very sad. Only Comrade Pelosi knows what the future holds now. We are all at her mercy.
LOL! I get what you're doing now - it's parody!

But you over-did it this time, friend. It's just too stupid to be believable. I really should have seen it with that previous post, but, you know, Poe's Law.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3504
Dec 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text> Once again for those with lw IQ's...The point is Obama should not be taking all these vacations and golf outings when our country is in dire straits. Obama should be setting an example when he tells all us peons to tighten our belts.
Once again for those with low IQs - every President takes vacations, some even when America is under attack and when major America cities are being destroyed by hurricanes and flooding, but hypocritical wingnut jackasses didn't have anything to say about that, did they?

I wonder why. LOL!

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3505
Dec 2, 2012
 
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has taken less vacation than his predecessor during and after 9/11 and the war on terror. Why didn't your shriek then?
Post your source on this danny.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 15 hr T Wolf 51,196
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 25 Fitus T Bluster 2
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Jul 24 Sl of bendover 5,389
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••