Hanover cracks down on parade chairs

Full story: Evening Sun 88
April Weese, Makayla Bucher, 2, and Dustin Weese from New Oxford save their spots on Baltimore Street on Wednesday night in preparation for tonight s 69th annual Hanover Halloween Parade. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
really

Baltimore, MD

#84 Nov 2, 2009
hahah hey idiot-get my head out of my a$$ and wake up?? because that's a necessary reaction to my previous statements. Hopefully it was noted that several people agreed with me and gave you alternate routes! way to embarrass yourself :)
Facts

Baltimore, MD

#85 Nov 2, 2009
hanover mom wrote:
And the police are doing their jobs to stop the crime in the area but because the local officials are more worried about chairs, they are to busy to back up the officers to stop the crime in the first place.
If you think Bruce Rebert and Gary Brown are in any position to "back up the officers to stop the crime in the first place," you merely show how ignorant you really are.

If you're going to criticize the town for the way it does things, you should actually take a few minutes to understand how it works. I love the town and want people to stay here and make a positive contribution to the community, but someone transient and negative really doesn't benefit every town. I have a feeling you'll always be the person bitching without getting involved.
Pam Staub

Gettysburg, PA

#86 Apr 25, 2010
Soory to hear what happen. Maybe next time be more carefor.
Cassandra

Gaithersburg, MD

#87 Feb 23, 2013
As a child my mother n father always taught me when it comes to the prade you have to put your chairs out after work,at FIVE. Now that I have three children of mg own I make sure we get to go and they see the prade is it fun and amazing yea it is cuz all the teams dance groups bands n all the other floats take their time money and effort to make it as enjoyable for our kids and grand kids not us grown folks I have kids nd family member in the prade and no better feeling is a child or person walking and looking over seeing your support so no the chairs are not just about the prade its about a community coming together to support our next generation.
Truth Hurts

Hanover, PA

#88 Mar 13, 2013
Truth: How about stopping the stupid money wastes like parades and such and lower my damn taxes.
hanoverrednecksa remorons

Hanover, PA

#89 May 6, 2013
I think that they should eliminate the chairs all together. I have only been to the parade once & have been living in the area for 10 years & will never go again. Because of the chairs.
The parade itself was lovely & it was refreshing to see how the community helps out, however, I believe that this is mainly for kids. The only ones that I see sitting on the chairs are adults.
I went with my little kids & they couldn't even get any candy or barely see the parade because of all the adults sitting in the chairs. My 6 year old tried to wedge himself between 2 people sitting on chairs to get 1 piece of candy, & the lady sitting in the chair grabbed it before he got a chance to. Ridiculous!
There is no need for chairs. I stood with my little kids, why can't other people.
But you know the mantra these days--who cares about other fellow human beings or children, as long as I get to do what I want to do because I am more important!

If you want to be aggravated & run into a bunch of fat, lazy rednecks sitting around, please subject yourself to this.
Omar

Hanover, PA

#90 May 14, 2013
Truth Hurts wrote:
Truth: How about stopping the stupid money wastes like parades and such and lower my damn taxes.
FYI, the parade is not run by the government. Get a clue.
Trtuh Hurts

Hanover, PA

#91 May 20, 2013
Omar wrote:
<quoted text>FYI, the parade is not run by the government. Get a clue.
So not one cop was there? No extra ems on stand by? I never said the government ran it, I said "lower my taxes". Please stop reading into what people say and take the time to read what they did in fact write.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 1 hr But we are partners 5,579
Hanover should trash its recycling program (Mar '08) Fri RetiredRN 16
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov '14 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web