Jo-Ann Fabrics to return to Hanover

Full story: Evening Sun

This former movie theater at the North Point Plaza on Carlisle Street will be demolished as part of the renovations planned at the former Delco Plaza.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
JACK

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

thats why im glad i dont live in stupid hanover any more, why tear down a good building and spend money to re build another so stupid hanover
hmmm

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

JACK wrote:
thats why im glad i dont live in stupid hanover any more, why tear down a good building and spend money to re build another so stupid hanover
So, you're blaming Hanover? Its the town's fault? Even if it was, its in Penn Township. A property owner owns the property and made a financial decision to demolish it. Someone owns it and they have a right to make their own decision. Even the discount theater didn't survive there, so it sounds like a good idea. The strip was decaying anyway, I'm glad to see they are investing in that site, as well as the owner of the building across from the Clearview Center. Less decay, more clean modern shopping space.

At least its creating jobs, helping the economy and cleaning up the area. Now if someone would just buy the old Hot and Now site. Maybe you feel that should stay vacant for another 15 years too.
what I think

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

JACK wrote:
So Jack stands for Jack a$$? Why would it be "Hanover's fault" if a franchise wants their own trade mark style store? Spend your time taking a business class before you right dumb stuff.
AEsworthy

Millersburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're blaming Hanover? Its the town's fault? Even if it was, its in Penn Township. A property owner owns the property and made a financial decision to demolish it. Someone owns it and they have a right to make their own decision. Even the discount theater didn't survive there, so it sounds like a good idea. The strip was decaying anyway, I'm glad to see they are investing in that site, as well as the owner of the building across from the Clearview Center. Less decay, more clean modern shopping space.
At least its creating jobs, helping the economy and cleaning up the area. Now if someone would just buy the old Hot and Now site. Maybe you feel that should stay vacant for another 15 years too.
I agree the Hot and Now is an eyesore that does need to be demolished. It's truly not enough space there for a restaurant.
Lulu

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

Forget who's fault it is, this area needs a fabric store, that is the whole point of the article.
hanovergirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

AEsworthy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree the Hot and Now is an eyesore that does need to be demolished. It's truly not enough space there for a restaurant.
I agree with you - that Hot and Now has been an eyesore since they closed down. It's great that Hanover is finally getting a nice fabric store back and it's a blessing that Pizza Hut is moving across the street. There was so much conjestion at that intersection with them being right there at that red light and getting in and out on the Carlisle St. entrance was very difficult. They'll be at a better location, easier access and more parking. This makes a heck of a lot more sense than the useless parking area by the library!!!!!!!!!
just saying

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

JACK wrote:
because the bldg was not being used and u cant take a movie theatre and turn it into anything else then a movie theatre without tearing it down...
and it never made a go of it as a theatre
just saying

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
good post.....and yes something needs to be done with that site too......
Hollywood five

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

If a proberty owner has weeds above a certain size, they get a notice but that Hot and Now has been an eyesore for years. Something needs to be done with it. Room for another DRIVE THRU BANK, MAYBE????? Why is it that Hanover needs so many banks but they won't make loans anyway????

Fabric store is wonderful, I've missed them since they left. That strip mall has been in bad need of repair for along time, it's good the owner is goiing to build another one which will attract more people.

Jack you should take up sewing or crafting and forget about writing nasty articles.
just saying

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

yes the idea of hanover being revamped makes me very happy...and the fact that the pizza hut is moving is wonderful that is a horrible location to get in and out of...and the bldg is old ......yeah hanover....lets keep growing and improving.
just saying

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

Hollywood five wrote:
If a proberty owner has weeds above a certain size, they get a notice but that Hot and Now has been an eyesore for years. Something needs to be done with it. Room for another DRIVE THRU BANK, MAYBE????? Why is it that Hanover needs so many banks but they won't make loans anyway????
Fabric store is wonderful, I've missed them since they left. That strip mall has been in bad need of repair for along time, it's good the owner is goiing to build another one which will attract more people.
Jack you should take up sewing or crafting and forget about writing nasty articles.
yeah i agree we do not need another bank....how much money do they think hanover has anyway???/
Johnson

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

JACK wrote:
Stupid Hanover? If you are so glad you left then why are you concerned with what "stupid Hanover" is doing?
not surprised

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

JACK wrote:
Were all glad you don't live in Hanover any more.
Hanoverian

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

I'm glad to see the Pizza Hut moving and getting a new place (the current one is disgusting), but how can they put a restaurant next door to a pet shop? That doesn't seem very sanitary to me. It's hard to tell from the article but hopefully there will be a few new storefronts in between the Village Pet Shop and the Pizza Hut.
Winch

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

JACK wrote:
Hey Jack. DUH! Old Pizza Hut is in the way of road construction. You have s--- for brains.
TYVM

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

Good. I am sick of going to Westminster.

Since: Dec 08

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

While it is great to hear that the fabric stores are returning to Hanover, I still won't be able to find good quality wool or linen cloth unless I drive to Needle and Thread way past Gettysburg.
LMAO

Newville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

Hot & Now had a damn good sandwich called the olive burger!! I miss it!!
crazy

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

If Jo-Ann Fabric couldn't survive in Hanover when the economy was good......
abc

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

JACK wrote:
Don't come back..Jacka$$

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 10 hr Dem Cummings IRS Emails 51,334
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 16 hr coffeebagger 3,518
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 17 hr Don Juan 5,096
Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) Apr 18 Davenport 23
Public hearing set for 'Big Pipe' proposal Apr 17 Davenport 8
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Apr 16 nonyabusiness 51
York County sheriffs nab 19 in recent warrant s... Apr 13 lady 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••